REDPILL ME ON ADHD

Not diagnosed with ADHD or anything, my brothers both were and took medication. My oldest brother quit bc it made him feel like a zombie. Middle brother got addicted on meth for a while so he uses adderall to survive his sleep depriving job.

Now I'm in the middle of college and occasionally I'll get an adderall to study for classes. However, everytime I take one I get intensely drowsy, even up to 30mg IR. After doing some reading, I might have ADHD. Which is kinda weird bc i never thought ADHD was real. So tell me Sup Forums.

Is ADHD being used to pump a cocktail of drugs into our best and brightest? Or am I just being a fucking retard again questioning everything in existence

Other urls found in this thread:

cchrint.org/2013/08/13/prominent-psychiatrist-admits-he-helped-invent-adhd-as-a-disease/
whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/06/before-his-death-father-of-adhd-admitted-it-was-a-fictitious-disease.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao my friend used to sell that shit when he got his from the doctors

Kids will be kids.

Bad parents use stimulants to control their kids: sugar, ritalin, adderal, whatever.

REALLY BAD PARENTS use antipsychs.

ADHD is just kids having too much energy because theyre kids and teachers force them to sit in a room

Modern education was developed to make cogs for the industrial machine.

Or at least, it used to.
Now it's a babysitter. The age of "adult maturity" is what, 50 these days? it used to be 18.

Had to take ritalin when I was 13.. And yes it does turn you into a zombie that feels literally nothing. Quit it after a year.

Cannabis is the best medicine for ADHD.

ADHD is a myth peddled by cat ladies to justify the fact they can't handle boys. Public Education turned to shit since it was taken over by feminist leftist cunts.

ADHD is a real condition that can be seen in the brain, but it's vastly, tremendously overdiagnosed, because therjury is out on long-term use/abuse and most parents just don't want to put up with hyperactive Dustins and Skylers. So why not throw a pill at the little shits so the shrink can spend more time with schizophrenics and depressives for $$$$.

/thread

>used to be 18

after the coming wars its will be 13 again

cocktail
was diagnosed at 4 because i wouldn't sleep at night until late and was anti social
got some form of amphetamine (early 80s before adderall) mom didn't like how much of a zombie it made me and doctor said just give me coffee
to this day coffee has the same effect
if i just a little over the day, i wake up, if i drink a whole cup in less than half an our, it puts me to sleep so there is something to it but i was much better on coffee then on amphetamine

>Is ADHD being used to pump a cocktail of drugs into our best and brightest?
More like
>Is psychiatry being used to pump a cocktail of drugs into our best and brightest?

Psychiatry is a pseudo science.

>what, your child doesn't want to sit in a classroom full of noisy niggers learning about the horrors of the holohoax and straight white male patriarchy? Better drug him, it's okay goy, i'm a doctor!

ADHD is a product of high fructose corn syrup and lack of physical activity. Eating low glycemic foods and working out basically cured my ADD and cutting adderall was one of the best things I've ever done. That shit is poison

It's a scam to make money for doctors and drug manufacturers. A majority of american boys have "ADHD" and take drugs for there, if a majority of boys experience something it's not a fucking disorder, it's normal behavior.

Honestly this.

Can confirm; we had a guy in our apprenticeship class that apparently got beat up by his instructor in his previous apprenticeship.
They gave him meds which were supposed to make him calm, yet they turned him into an zombie-esque corpse. Friend of mine tried his meds one time, he told us he slept through the whole, next day.
He then once smoked one, which made him open up to people and also made him drop his meds.
Moral of the story is, don't take Chems, they'll just tear you down, body & personality wise.

>Still taking lowest amount of Concerta
>Doesn't even effect me at all and I dont have the signs of ADHD

Why.

>Concerta
You too, huh? That shit did absolutely nothing for me.

Read "The war on boys" and start looking at how the education system caters to females and treats boys as broken girls. Then ADHD makes sense

>Only thing it gave me were bad shits

Look at the names of the patent holders for the medication. Jews get your kids hooked on drugs. Especially the free thinking kids.

This, to the retards that say it doesn't exist they always seem to ignore fMRIS done on the brain.

>on schizo meds
>on depression meds
>on ADD meds
>can't get my dick hard anymore
>gained 120 pounds
>permanent mental fog
>straight out forced into NEETdoom

It was the 90s fad disorder everybody tried to get their kid diagnosed with (like autism today) to excuse shitty parenting.

>Is ADHD being used to pump a cocktail of drugs into our best and brightest?
I was put on Ritalin when I was 10 years old because I occasionally misbehaved and cracked jokes in the classroom. Looking back I was just a high testosterone kid, which is no bad thing. Ironically, before feminism and modern education my behaviour would have been viewed as perfectly normal, if not beneficial since it demonstrates a certain assertiveness.

It was a quiet church school so by their standards this was seen as abnormal. I recall every single one of the teachers were female and so was the "psychiatrist" who prescribed me the medication.

I'm convinced ADHD is just a label given to describe completely normal masculine behaviour. Women are naturally predisposed to treat displays of masculinity as indiscretion because it allows them to control them. It's the same reason women use shit-tests to identify who's an alpha male. Women are threatened by untamed masculinity, so they seek to control it.

50 years ago the solution would have been to use canes and slippers as methods of discipline, nowadays its pharmaceutical drugs. And what's most terrifying is that noone seems to question it.

I'm real sorry, dude. My mom was convinced I was an aspie and had me loaded up with a big ol' bottle of that shit. It didn't do anything, and when I formally tested for autism it turned out I was "high functioning autistic." Which probably means I'm just overstimulated. Had to swallow one of those pills every day to feel exactly the same.

FAKE FAKE FAKE NO SUCH THING EXISTS I WAS DRUGGED AS A KID BECUZ OF THIS MEME DISEASE

It's not real. It's just kids being kids

We just live in an age when parents are so selfish and narcissistic that they'd rather drug their kids than raise them properly, spend time with them and give them the attention they deserve.

It's all about pacifying kids through the use of drugs so mom can go off and fuck Tyrone, post on Facebook and do all the other self centered shit she would rather do than being a parent

Concerta was fucking awful.

Also I don't even have the Autsimo either.
I am planning to get off this medication soon.
I felt more control of my life, but I had to go through one big headache

ADHD? Don't you mean piss poor parenting and/or boys being boys?

The drugs are real.
The side effects are real.
The withdrawal symptoms are real.
The dangers are real.

The claim that it treats anything is false. It just makes you easier to handle so other people around you are more comfy. So, basically child abuse.

>parents
Parents have good intentions but (((THEY))) don't want whitemen to survive.

if you get good meds, they're worth a literal fortune on the darkweb.

yuropoors don't get good shit like Adderall, so they'll pay out the ass for that stuff (seriously just check out the prices)

It's great for studying and that's what I use it for.
If you don't like that, get fucked.

hey dipshit - just drink coffee

kek this. little suzy and her pals are contempt with sitting on their ass obeying but johnny here and the turbo autists just wont sit down and want to go out and explore? fuck that johnny now go back and sit down.

i was on adderall in school and wish i didnt take it

I almost went mad on that shit. It ruined my social life. I have massive anxiety and depression. My new shrink told me that I was misdiagnosed with ADD. I WAS FUCKING SIX, I HATED TAKING THAT POISON. I TRIED TO RESIST BUT THEY SCHOOL NURSE WOULD FORCE ME TO TAKE IT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY. IT RUINED MY CHILDHOOD

>2016
>Studying to be a good goy
>Not opting for an apprenticeship or manual labour job
Wtf is wrong with you?

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. ADHD meds give you more energy, not less. That's why people get diagnosed with attention deficit disorder, because they're too tired and low energy to stick to a task for a prolonged period of time. the meds don't "pacify" you in any way.

Boys respond better to male teachers. Women never teach by dialogue, they simply demand one learn without engaging.

>Children taking meth to shrink their brains by killing neurons is a good thing

found the kike

Not a real thing, (((they))) just want to sell you meds

Women don't know how to manage boys because they're fucking children themselves so they just drug them to become more like girls.

THIS IS EVIL

>Off-topic

Non political

>Red pill me on X

Shut it down.

That's complete bullshit. Different people respond to them in different ways.

Like this user and others in this thread it gave me anxiety and depression and prevented normal social interactions because I was so hyperfocused. My stomach was so clenched that I couldn't even eat school lunches and the teachers had to force feed me

The amphetamine 'zombie effect' is very real

ADHD is not always hyperactive, which was my case. Stimulants are a huge help because doing even the most mundane things like showering or brushing your teeth feel like monumental tasks.
With Adderall, that is not the case.

this, your digits are not misplaced brother

the majority i knew that were on or used the meds came from a family of widowed/divorced/remarried moms.
my mom was pushing me to be on meds because her excuse was trying to better my life but instead of teaching me shit she was pushing the pills.

>asking about ADHD on Sup Forums
While I'd guess that a lot of people here have been medicated for ADHD, most people here are somewhere on the autism spectrum.
Go elsewhere if you want real responses that aren't from special snowflakes who think that this medication is what made them 'special'.

OP, ADHD is indeed real and not a recent 'fad' as so many posters seem to believe. In 1798 Dr Alexander Crichton wrote about a disorder similar to ADHD (obviously not called ADHD in those days). Some will claim that ADHD is wildly over-diagnosed; A claim that I disagree with. ADHD is wildly under-diagnosed in those actually have the disorder and need treatment. Part of the problem is that (at least in the US), you don't have to be a psychiatrist to diagnose and treat mental health problems. A general practitioner can sit with a patient for five minutes and prescribe them medications. ADHD is not simply "I am inattentive". It is a disorder of self regulation and of the executive abilities of the brain. It's impossible to diagnose such a disorder with a check-up appointment. You have to review a patient's past academic and, assuming they are of age, job history, marital history, etc. ADHD affects nearly every aspect of a person's life, not just schoolwork as so many are led to believe. Nor is it a childhood disorder that is outgrown. Part of the cause of ADHD is a maturational lag in the development of the brain. The brain continues to develop until around your early 30s, however brainscan studies have shown that the brains of those with ADHD develop slower and when the brain development stops, the brain of the person with ADHD stops at a level below that of a typical person.

>White, 24y old, male elementary teacher in a public school that's being regarded one of the best in the local area over here. AMA, this is a topic that's been worrying me even before I became a teacher.

Correct: Really bad parents with high-wage jobs and no time.

They see kids as an achievement; not the work of god. If their little prize does less or starts fucking shit up they don't look at the causes of it and try to polish it up with legal dope, therapy sessions of 80 dollars an hour,... But actually putting in work and time for their child? No way.

In western countries, on average, 70 procent of teachers in elementary school are female. They're less physical active than men, period. They take their classes out way less than male teachers. They don't feel the need to make their children "move" as much as possible. ADHD IS REAL, I'm not denying that. But There's something horrificly wrong if a 4 year old needs 2-3 nap-times a day and when they come in first grade of elementary all of a sudden they become uncontrollable Duracel batteries. My personal experience is, is that female teachers push their kids WAY LESS in a physical matter, thus the kids don't expend their energy during the day.

I typed above before I saw your post and this is sadly kinda true. None of my female co-teachers play physical games, etc... In class. None.

100 procent correct. I'm not a scientist; I studied to become a teacher. What I can tell you is that these people have legit power over drugs being given to kids and they DO NOT have knowledge over how to handle kids. It's pretty damn criminal when you think of it.

You don't know what kind of a monster is coming for you, real life jobs are way more stressful... Have fun in the near future.
There's indeed a spectrum, just like with autism. But you're only picking one side of it, just like most over here are picking the other side.

>don't take Chems
While I agree with your sentiment your use of the term chems tells me you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Giving kids drugs is a fucking joke. God hes hyper lets dull his mind and create another sheep.

>female teachers push their kids WAY LESS in a physical matter, thus the kids don't expend their energy during the day

200% agree

The real question is then whats so bad about homeschooling?

Nothing wrong with homeschooling as long as the child has a well rounded education and is given opportunities to have social interactions with peers. Unfortunately a lot of the people home schooling their children are the same people that think vaccination is a bad thing.

Weird, i could say almost the same thing.
Only the teachers diagnosed me with ADD, and my parents forced me to take the stimulants.

Ever heard of a punishment called "non student status"?

>The real question is then whats so bad about homeschooling?

8/10 times, it's used as an excuse for psycho-christian retards to indoctrinate their children. they turn out to be socially repressed weirdos who can't interact with other kids. also a lot of them are woefully prepared for further educational achievements (college).

ADHD is a institutional and pharmaceutical reaction to low IQ (55-80) students in classes that are build for average IQ (85-115) students.

They do not have the time preference control or the attention span to "get" school, so they act out because thinking actually gives some of them headaches.

Also if it is real... why is the prevalence so variable?

I've seen kids on ADHD meds and it turns them into zombies

Seriously, fuck you. I bet you're drugging your own kids you piece of shit

>Can confirm;
Reddit detected

We're not disputing the fact that some kids are more attentive than others. This is obviously true. What we're disputing is whether this can be accurately classified as a mental disorder and whether kids should be drugged to deal with the symptoms. Even the guy who invented ADHD admitted the whole thing was a scam invented to make money from big pharma.

cchrint.org/2013/08/13/prominent-psychiatrist-admits-he-helped-invent-adhd-as-a-disease/

whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/06/before-his-death-father-of-adhd-admitted-it-was-a-fictitious-disease.html

>calling people reddit
reddit detected :^)

In my country (Belgium) children that get homeschooling on average get better grades. Highschool hometeaching is something else, but in elementary I don't have any problems with it as long as homeschooling involves multiple teachers (that get checked by the gov).

>pumping gay drug into little boys only nearly all across western world

>nothing is going on

We're talking about the ideal parenting methods, how is this not in some way political?

I took it as prescribed and still do sometimes, it helped me so I don't give a shit.
Instead of being dropout I make six figures.

what is it ?

additionally, homeschooling is used by a lot of parents who want to force their kid to focus on a sport as a career. you see this all the time with the kids of pro athletes. basically they never learn jack shit and wind up being fairly incomplete people, intellectually and socially.

the only time homeschooling is appropriate is when you have a kid that's severely disabled or has really special needs that a public or private school cannot cater to.

>taking drugs when you are not seriously sick, as in bedridden sick
NO DRUGS
NO ALCOHOL
NO CIGARETTES

So what you're saying is that we're basically retarded mentally to the point of being children?

>the only time homeschooling is appropriate is when you have a kid that's severely disabled or has really special needs that a public or private school cannot cater to.
Wrong.
Learn math all the way to calculus.
Learn science all the way to physics, chemistry, and biology.
Learn local laws of your country.
Learn how to debate and write an essay by shitposting or engaging in flame wars, thereby learning rational logic and fallacies 101.
The only thing homeschooling doesn't allow you to learn is socializing, which is really about how to get what you want and the results you want from people around you, which leads to realpolitik 101.

If you want the kid to take higher post-secondary education you merely have to take exams or enroll in upgrading courses which are really more crash/fast track courses to land you into university or college.
(((Continuing education))) is a big industry.

How so? I use the term as an abbreviation, don't be so nitpicky mate.
Meds are chems & vice versa.
I never took any of the shit any Dr. prescribed and I'm completely healthy. Yet the people close to me, who're taking their meds, are mostly unhappy and always bugger anybody with their dwindling health.
My advice is to not take all of the crap those pharma industries try to stuff into anybodys face. It's also the reason why Bayer is so "well endorsed" around here. Things like antibiotics and penicillin are fine, sind these are not fabricated trash.

He's saying (((they))) don't want another Teddy Roosevelt. Now that was a President that had to be ADHD.

ADHD is a term coined by the pharmaceutical Industry so they can push psychotropic medication on the youth. There is actually a study that found certain food coloring produces ADHD symptoms in children. So if you find that your kid has trouble focusing, look at what he is putting into his body. If he is a regular consumer of candies with a lot of food dye you now know where to make the appropriate changes.

When I was a boy I experimented with other boys. Helped me focus

Still with that shitty statement?

That statement was proven false time and time again, google it.

Also, I don't find institutions an adequate place for children to develop. It's sometimes hard to focus when you're miserable in the place you spend nearly half your life. It's really sad the direction society is heading, I hope whoever posted this article has come to some sort of understanding to where that term came from

>The most "ADHD" states are almost all full of blacks
Really gets my synapes firing

There's a natural human spectrum for attention, between intense focus of a flashlight, and the expansive awareness of a lantern. There are pro's and con's to both, though most people lie closer to the middle of the bell curve. As someone with flashlight focus, I find that I do well in academic settings where my ability to sit and read is helpful. However, because my attention is focused, I often come across as unaware or absent-minded because I can become totally engrossed in my own train of thought and ignore what's happening around me. Those with lantern awareness will struggle with non-stimulating tasks, even if they're important, but are often very aware of their surroundings. ADHD represents the extreme lantern end of the spectrum.

In the natural environment in which we evolved, there were likely good uses for both modes of attention. As a flashlight, I'd be hard at work crafting something meticulously, but I might miss the rustling in the bushes of a predator that my lantern friend could warn me about. However, in the modern urban environment, flashlights are heavily favored because most high-end occupations require education and specialized knowledge that is most often transmitted through text. This means that schooling concentrates on activities that lanterns find to be boring.

At its neurobiological base, this spectrum of attention modes appears to be modulated by a person's threshold for stimulation. If you have a low threshold for stimulation, then you're perfectly comfortable sitting in place for hours and reading a book. If you have a high threshold for stimulation, then a book isn't going to cut it, and you will seek more stimulation. ADHD is primarily treated with stimulants, which seems counter-intuitive because kids with ADHD seem like they don't need any more stimulation, but it's thought that stimulants provide a baseline of stimulation such that they can reach their thresholds when doing something like reading.

1/3

As a physician, I've met patients with severe ADHD who genuinely cannot function in modern society well without medication. For them, medication such as Adderall are a godsend and it actually makes them feel more "normal" and they feel that they can actually get shit done. However, on the other side, there are many, many children who are mild lanterns who are inappropriately prescribed ADHD medications. The unfortunate part is that stimulant medications tend to build tolerance and dependency, which means that patients treated over the long term are likely to see their doses increased, or the class of drugs upgraded in order to continue seeing a therapeutic effect. In Canada, this has lead to some ADHD patients resistant to Adderall being prescribed methamphetamines.

Since attention modes lie on a spectrum, there's no clear cut point at which someone can clearly be said to benefit from medication or not. Those with extreme cases clearly do benefit, while those with mild cases are subjected to unnecessary psychoactive medication with many side effects.

In my opinion, ADHD is overdiagnosed and medication is overprescribed, and most especially in the United States. While many blame the pharmaceutical industry with its advertising and lobbying, or unscrupulous physicians, I would say that many parents are also complicit in this phenomenon.The fact is that parents understand that education and grades are the key to their children's future success and that their lantern child is struggling with school. In ADHD medications, they see a potential solution to this problem, as most children on amphetamines end up improving their academic performance, but this is probably true regardless of ADHD, and is why ADHD drugs are incredibly popular on college campuses.

2/3

A special punishment for disruptive behavior.
You are revoked all "rights and privileges" students enjoy..including bathroom privileges.

It starts at the time of incident, and ends at lunch or the end of the school day.
You spend your time in the vice principals office, doing nothing.

I was special student, with a special punishment created solely for me.

It's a shame because there are many careers and fields that lanterns excel in, though they struggle in school. Moreover, there are non-pharmacological treatments for ADHD that are rather effective. The best and simplest is to have your child spend time outdoors and in nature, which is closer to the natural environment in which the lantern mode of attention thrived.

This topic raises the broader issue of how the modern urban environment has rewarded or punished different cognitive modes and personality traits. Perhaps most obviously, is that when you live in a city, and are virtually marinating in strangers, it is far more advantageous to be extroverted than introverted. This represents an extreme departure from the ancestral environment in which we lived in tribes consisting of a few extended families for our entire lives and only interacting intermittently with neighbouring tribes for trade, warfare, or marriage. I suspect that this immense social change is one of the reasons that alcohol is such a popular drug, because it makes you more extroverted and so better adapted to the modern social environment.

Will the idea of pharmacologically altering our psyche's to better adapt to our modern environments become more widespread? Should it? Are parents justified in drugging their lantern children up so that they can function in a flashlight world?

If you've actually managed to sit and read through all of this. Congratulations on your attention span!

>ADHD is a suppliment for low IQ
>Classes based from 85-115
>80 is legally retard
>100 is normal
>wat

sorry

>Reddit detected
Canashits like you are the reason why I've got you filtered by your flag.
This is a one-time (You), faggot.

Thanks for your compassion user

I didn't get on adderall until I reached my mid-20s. Now I'm on 15mgs a day. Never want to go off of it and plan on using it forever.

Imagine yourself as a baby with the consciousness of a man and you're strapped down and circumcised without anesthesia by a nurse or jew.

ADHD exists but it should not be treated the way it is right now... Kids shouldnt take anphetamines

kys

School's a shithole. It's designed to psychologically break you. Teachers are usually the worst. Studies have been conducted that prove people with the lowest IQ's end up becoming teachers because normal people with tangible skills can survive in the real world. Unlike teachers

The saying is very true that Those who can't do teach. I had maybe 3 great teachers in my entire life and they were all older men with families.

>tfw your dad knows drugging children is bullshit
>he only objects mildly and resumes grueling work regimen
>they divorced when I was ten.

Oh boy what are the long term effects of adderall on a child woo wee.

I was diagnosed with ADHD, now I'm an engineer... Do you really think it has something to do with IQ levels?

This right here. Welcome to the machine. Someday you'll be able to grow it. Haha

Someday.

The system is based on a Prussian industrial model: hence the batches of students who mostly have the date that they entered then school in common.

The system is based on a average IQ 85-115 if on is above or below that school can be tough; one side it's too complex and boring because one cannot understand, or it's not complex enough so one grasps all the material too fast.

It is as detrimental to the above average student as the below average students.

If one gets a hold of the questionnaires, which are given to teachers and parents for ADHD diagnosis, one can see that it is tailored to both those populations.

Students should be grouped by maturity and skill level, rather than their birthday: within a age band.

If it was real, why does it follow income levels? High IQ parents have average kids and medicate them.

If it was real the correlation would stop @ above the median income.

Children act like children and get put on meth pills