Wtf is wrong with Stefan Molyneux

youtube.com/watch?v=GKczW14EO_w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-ZkMc5bvuyQ
defoo.org/defoo/
youtube.com/watch?v=AOXl0Ll_t9s
youtube.com/watch?v=GTQlnmWCPgA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He wants Conservatives and libertarians to grow a pair and fight back.

Just saw that. I'm 100% with Stefan. That guy was a passive aggressive beta. He seems to be one of those pussies who wants Stefan to be "nicer" but is unaware molymeme moved past the NAP bullshit a while ago.

i sold him groceries he was rude

>unaware molymeme moved past the NAP bullshit a while ago.

nnnnnope. He didn't. You just don't understand it.

Stefan can be a total dick sometimes. He gets autistic about some point and the caller is like WTF I was just trying to be agreeable. Then Stefan hammers and hammers until the person is angry and flustered basically losing the debate before it even begins. It's an underhanded trick and not an argument.

I got top comment. Should I change it to "Hitler did nothing wrong"? kek

The begin was pretty weak on Stefs part. But he makes up for it later on. He is just very serious in this fight against the left, which is indeed a fight to the death.

I'm hacking you rite now fgt

Stefan's on a 24/7 ego-trip. Between telling you to hate your parents and condemning you for only having donated 1 dollar, it's easy to think this man has answers when in reality he's just as clueless about the world as the rest of us are. He's going off the same information we're going off.

story pls

Do it, I don't believe you.

do you have a time stamp im not watching this

it looked like the original intent was about convincing people who call in, not making videos in general

i mean he's an entertainer not a philosopher so being rude to a broad audiecne makes sense, but targeting his own fans with his sperger bullshit is pretty strange

i dont think he's taken too many calls where someone wants to 'debate' where he wasn't extremely rude

he wouldn't be too successful in an actual debate setting in real life because there would be a moderator and someone to shatter his dentures when he tries the condescending snarky and rude bullshit he always does

I don't agree with the caller at all about "being nice" to your opponent. But Stef handled this really poorly. Firstly the caller never said he was better than Stef. He said in his experience this method worked better. Also Stef was really passive aggressive and interrupting the whole time instead of actually arguing the points. Stef seems to think that since he's been a "philosopher" for however many years that he has no room for improvement. Even the very best can improve. If stef would've handled this properly he would've destroyed the caller, but instead he got triggered by a strawman argument that he created in the first place.

Because he and many other people are confusing winning an argument with:
Making a reasonable point.
Convincing the person you're talking to that your reasoning is correct.
It's the same as when liberals call people racists instead of trying to be reasonable.

shit ok my understanding of NAP isn't very clear. I thought it was basically no violence and aggression and it sounds like bullshit. Thought that caller was a beta though.

ONE DOLLAR

DEAL WITH IT FAGGOTS

GOOD GOY STEF IS LONG GONE

THE TIME FOR ARGUMENT IS OVER

you won't faggot

I saw Stefan Molyneux at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “Not an argument! Not an argument! Not an argument!” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

It really was a garbage video. Stefan's ego FLARED when the lad even dared to suggest that something could be done more effectively.

Being a charismatic person isn't being a cuck. There is no reason to forgo kindness if you are still bringing the facts.

Yeah stef acts like he couldn't possibly improve at all. We all forgot that he's perfect I guess.

How is Stef triggered while he is laughing his ass off?

because he's actively feeding his ego over it dumbass

He told the caller why his "being nice" strategy doesn't work like 10 min into the conversation. After that they just ran in circles and the caller played victim.

seriously, guys, we can't let stefan have the nucular codes

Stefan has gone off the deep end

Is it possible for him to have a conversation with his callers without getting pissy? It defies the number one rule of 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' and pretty much every single self-help book which is to approach dialogue from a win-win situation. Criticism, confrontation, personal attacks, and passive aggression just have the effect of making you seem hostile.

If Stefan was even a quarter the genius philosopher he claims to be he would have realised this shit a long time ago

He's a megalomaniacal manlet psycho with a massive audience to feed his narcissistic supply. I'm sure we will soon find out that he's a serial child rapist and wife beater soon.

How is Stef trigged tho?

Yeah the caller isn't right either. I'd say Stef played victim too because he took every little thing as a personal insult.

Stefan has an abusive personality.

He had abusive parents, when he realizes he became an abuser just like them, which often happens, he is going to absolutely implode.

wait for that day : )

These rules don't really work with lefties or at least that is what he has concluded.

well getting extremely snotty with everyone who ever slightly disagrees with him seems a little weird, but the word 'triggered' is just some faggot meme that doesn't matter. but he's absolutely short with everyone who dares to disagree

>his name is Fritz
>he's a wishy washy cunt

Pottery

>No violence and aggression
The NAP (not an axiom I hold valid) still allows for agreeing against a what one perceives as a valid threat, to protect property, and against those that deny liberty.

It's the degrees and details that are debated, but it's not some pacifist hippy philosophy

This isn't a show for nervous people.

DO IT PUSSY
LIAR

What the fuck is going on here? Steve is being a literal cuck what the fuck? Why is he crying like a little bitch for being told he gets clouded and carried away.

Like he literally got carried away and clouded by the mere words instead of listening to the argument.

Like what the fuck?

>goy

youtu.be/-ZkMc5bvuyQ

They definitely do work with lefties. Confrontation with lefties just makes them go on the offense. I know this because I tried and failed convincing normies using those tactics several times. In fact that's how I ended up reading 'How to win friends and influence people' in the first place.

Normies have a deflector shield which makes them interpret any confrontation as a personal attack. To circumvent this you have to get your points across whilst seeming like you are on their side. One of the best tactics I've found is to agree with something they've said halfway, but then offer a different perspective 'I agree with you on this point, but have you considered this point'. It breaks through their defensive shields and gets them on your side

It seems so obvious but it's amazing how few people understand this stuff

Isn't he a cult leader?

He handled it pretty well.

That'd be pretty funny.

he has a fragility. when he is called out by a no body, who he doesn't even know stefan talks about himself for 10 strait minutes saying how long he's done this, and how much harder it is to do publicly and so on.

He's a very unsure man.

He got dominated by a fucking 21 year old.
What a fucking faggot.

Also,
I don't understand. What does Stefan think that about how he doesn't work as a tenured professor in a philosopher department, and publish a few articles each year, and a book for oxfordpress or harvard press or polity or every couple of years?

has he ever addressed this?

>Guy writes in saying he has a better tactic for convincing people than Stefan
>Stefan confronts him accusing him of claiming that he's better at convincing people than Stefan is
>Even though he was clearly talking about about the validity of a tactic, not his or Stefan's abilities

I'm 2 minutes in and he's already intentionally misrepresenting the other guy's point of view and bullying him.

The only retarded thing Stef did that I can find is at around 11:30 when he asks Fritz does he remember something he said Fritz says "Yeah..mmyeah" and Stefan interrupts him right away saying "Still talking, still talking". Odd, but maybe he thought Fritz was gonna go on talking.

No, because he's a fraud. When a tenured professor like Jordan Peterson came on his show, you could tell the difference. Molymeme is an intellectual lightweight.

Stefan is such a fucking sophist. He picks on an informal use of language to try to take down the arguments.

How to tell whose a newfag, pic related

You're all cancer and need to go back to plebbit

He's the leader of a literal cult. Has some very serious mental issues.

defoo.org/defoo/

I'm with Stef on this. The kid is a passive aggressive douche.

Keeps casually throwing insults and pointless anecdotes.

>Wtf is wrong with Stefan Molyneux
He's a bat-shit crazy person. Source: his video on Star Wars.

Does he know that he is a fraud? How does he legitimize himself in his own head with this discrepancy in position versus what it seems he believes his skill level is?

hahahaha holy shit

get redpilled on molymeme
why do you take this shill fuck seriously
he just wants to make a quick buck off of Sup Forums alt-right meme fanbase

What would be the point? He's a pop philosopher, not an academic. To get something published in academia, it needs to undergo peer review. You can't pass peer review by calling your peers and yelling about how they're immoral.

Christ he's just tearing this guy apart right out of the gate

So is Stefan the latest smear target? We went through PDP, Jontron, Milo, and Styx over the last two weeks.

Don't know about his career but he plays nice when he "debates" the big guys. You can tell by his tone.

Holy shit

He thinks he's the greatest philosopher in 2500 years. Just read that shit on his Defoo website. I think he thinks that the new great philosophers will all have youtube shows instead of writing academic papers or being a professor.

Not an argument

>If you're mean to your enemies, they win!

well yeah, to be a legitimate academic worker and add to the field you have to be reasonable and pass a peer review. I would assume he thinks everything he writes would easily pass. no?

Has he ever said he just wants to be a pop-philosopher and not be taken seriously in the field by peers?

Youtube's peer review process allows you to sperg out at people in real time so I'd say the venue is perfectly appropriate for him.

You mean that a trained psychologist would be more linguistically apt in the language of psychology then a philosopher who is apt into logic and the internal consistency of a proposition.

Well color me suprised, in today's news, a firefighter is more fluant in firefighting language then a computer scientist.

You are quite retarded

Sam Harris fan I presume?

In his life time, I think no other philosopher has reached as many people.

I'm not aware of him ever making any explicit statement on the subject, but the general impression he gives is that he doesn't trust academics because they have an ideological bias against his ideas.

Reminder:

Stephan Molymeme, Milo, Alex Jones, Paul Joseph Watson, Sam Hyde, Laura Southern, and Styxx are all opportunist psychopaths and if you follow them you are cancer.

>opening call argues that measured responses and tact can be helpful to convert the masses instead of relying on histrionics
>molymeme responds
>SO YOU FINK U A BETTA PERSUADER THAN MEH?!!!1! TRIGGERED
top kek never change stefan

maybe one day he will understand debate is about swaying the audience, not the other speaker.

if he were that great he could easily hold seminars at any university, 100s of ppl would audit the classes, and the university would film and upload them all for online publication. They'd even pay him about 400k/yr easily, give him assistants and a huge office.

why does he not claim what would be given to him?

I don't think he's that apt into logic and the internal consistency of a proposition. But either way they both discussed philosophical issues, and stef obviously plays nice with his guests.

What's his philosophy? He talks about current events most of the time. There's really nothing there.

It gets more equalitarian later. The boy makes some points and Molymeme replies without roasting him.

Not an argument

>anyone that is more successful than me is bad! People take opportunities and advance in life? Fucking psychopaths.

Slave morality fags speedbagging the dislike button.

It's easy to tear a guy apart when you intentionally misrepresent his position and take advantage of his poor social skills to continually tilt him so he can't correct you.

wtf I hate molymeme now

CTRs going after Stefan because he talks about the genetic component of intelligence

Projecting much? Only actual retards resort to ad hominem tactics when they can't muster up an argument.

I saw Stefan Molyneux at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Not only that, he acts like that since he's been a "philosopher" for 36 years that he could not be corrected on anything.

>Ctrl + F: Machiavelli
>0 results

I haven't watched Stefan's video yet, but I bet Machiavellianism is relevant in some way. Here are 2 youtube videos I could find:

youtube.com/watch?v=AOXl0Ll_t9s

youtube.com/watch?v=GTQlnmWCPgA

>forgot to switch to one of his fake accounts before posting the comment

Not gonna lie, former Molyneux voter here. This is hilarious watching Molyneux crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

Dumbass. If you can convince some of your enemies to switch sides why wouldn't you?

Convert everyone possible. Then kill the fundamentalists. Basic strategy.

Hey..
Mess with the bull you get the arguments, pal.

>bullying
How sheltered are you?

Why should the right-wing/libertarians be nice and understanding to change minds? Leftists aren't nice and understanding and they're winning. The time for taking the high road has past. The right is fighting the left using every dirty tactic they can like the left has been doing for decades and suddenly we're winning all over the world with trump brexit lepen etc.

The be nice argument is designed to disarm you against people who never intended to play nice back.

My enemies are Communists and shitskins. Neither of these groups are human and all deserve a swift death.

Watched it till the end and that's when my light bulb went on. He's completely right, respect isn't just arbitrarily given to anyone. It's fucking earned and no lefty has earned it. Ever.

Or would you treat Cenk Uygur, with everything you know about him, with the same respect as you'd treat, oh I don't know, Milton Friedman?

He admitted being passive aggressive in the video. His argument isn't invalid.
Molyneux took it personally.

Nice digis

That was a weird ending. What happened Sup Forums ? Also who was the second guy speaking?