$54,000,000,000 more spending

>depleted

>build the most advance destroyer
>can't use it because it's too expensive

Just take the 4 billion out of food stamps. People can just go to charities to eat.

Big war coming. That's the plan anyway.

And all it takes is a boat full of Somali pirates to defeat it.

How do you know about the Great Rake?

How long until there are enough satellites with good futurecameras that stealth is easily defeated by simple automated visual analysis of imagery?

But railguns

>2016
Already spent, r3ddit. The big issue being it's a floating pile of garbage, that needs an overhaul after about 15 hours of use.

what ship

Bro Sweden has had ships like this since 09.

God Bless America.

((((conservative))))

That's a litoral combat ship. It's a lot different from the zumwalt.

>battleship

The Zumwalt is such a lemon. Even the F35 was a better expenditure. These things are useless.

The principles behind the stealthy design are the same though

Do you know what the fuck depleted even means?

>tfw to expensive to fire

nobody fucking wants this. trump is a chump for doing this.

Hopefully Ryan won't allow it in the budget. fuck the military. When we say cut, they say how much, and they smile.

Yes let's do with more with (((less)))

Seen this fucker in San Diego, it's a work of art, it truly is.

>obama reduces military spending to a 7% increase
>trump increases increase to 9
Wtf literally hitler

>The LRLAP round was developed by Lockheed Martin. In 2001, the director of Lockheed's guided projectiles division claimed the LRLAP would cost "less than $50,000 each." Even factoring in inflation, the rounds have ended up costing nearly twelve times as much.

How can you fuck up this bad?

>tfw you turned down an offer to work on the zumwalt

Implying they won't convert this into a kickass floating nightclub.

I can see it though

I have too. I can see this shit on my way to work. Shit, I even work for one of the companies that worked on it. But fuck me.

>tfw I paid $44 in tax just for this ship

Patriot is a couple million a piece for a missile yet they do test launches all the time.

This is just kike media angry goyim still have admiration for military supremacy.

>Finally get the Zumwalt out
>First combat mission
>Roll up alongside the Chinese in the South China see
>Criticalsuccess.png
>No detection
>Realize we forgot to put weapons on it
>Sail back home
>Spend 54,000,000,000 more cutting holes for guns

the ammunition is for it's howitzer guns though, guns that they're supposed to be able to shoot hundreds of rounds out of at a time

I can see this ship from the deck of my ship. Each of the rounds that gun fires is $1,000,000 dollars. And it's a piece of shit.

Millitary/defense spending is in reality just technology r&d spending. Old American fact.

Zumwalt is the most expensive Linux box in history.

they didn't forget to put weapons, they spent 20 billion dollars developing the special weapon system for it but then the ammo ended up costing 800,000 dollars per bullet

A cruise missle costs 20% more than one round and has 4x the range.

Hull is clearly marked 1000. Zumwalt is DDG-1000

[Citation needed]

>meet the new US battleship
>there has never been a destroyer quite like this one

Fake news.

So much for stealth.

Aaaaand it's gone

>lockheed
>F35

youre surprised user?

The cost is that high anyway because the navy canceled a bunch of zumwalts

Its not meant for you. Its meant for the Chinks we're going to bomb with it. They have very tiny eyes.

It's ment to hunt and destroy submarines you faggots. The rail gun is just there to justify budget

Russia should counter by building 5 million cheap speed boats (roughly same cost) fill them with explosives and put some kind of swarm navigation system on it to have them all swarm at once

oh ok cool it all seems to be in order then

You have it backwards.

>build stealth cruiser
>$4.4 billion
>can still fucking see it, don't even need a telescope

what's the point

>navy plans 32 Zumwalts, intends to distribute high program cost for basically creating a new hull design, new systems, new guns, etc among all the ships
>congress cuts the program to 3 ships because the program cost is too high from all the new tech
>unit cost soars because now the development cost per unit is 10 times higher

It's a victim of the traditional program cost -> unit cost death spiral. You saw a similar thing in the Seawolf and F-22, among other cutting-edge new systems. What's probably gonna happen next is we get a Zumwalt Lite like the Virginias were to the Seawolf.

Can't go to full-rate production because they only need 1/10th of the rounds, economy of scale issues ensue. Combine with the same 10x development cost problem, and you've got budget overruns.

It costs five hundred million dollars to fire this weapon for twelve seconds.

I was thinking the same. Ships are identified by satellite pictures, no by radars.

>stealth generator isn't even turned on
M8 it moves too slow when they're stealthed

We have things for that. They're called submarines.

>Yeah guys, sorry cant use it. Nooo way is aqua metal gear going to do anything.
I wouldnt want to test that theory.

We also already have stealth ships. They're also called submarines.

True. With Trump being a zionist and all, it's inevitable.

I want to see how that ship handles 1000 drones equipped with an explosive charge attacking all at once. Which would cost mere $ 10m. I think it's defense systems would be overwhelmed.

Did you just unironically restate my point?

Literally the least accurate statement ever. Ships are most certainly identified by radar more often than imagery.
Source: My Fucking Job.

Why do you think ships deploy in battle groups? The less important ships take all of the hits to protect the capital ship.

That's yesterday's news, grandad. It's 80+ SAT-IMG and wavetide sonastics are nudging up year 10%.

Polish your resume

But that's what Destroyers are for.

Oh, nevermind. It's a battleship now.

Depends on how you define "identify" but satellites need to know where to look, and that's the real trick. Also, where in japan are you based?

Hahahahahaha shill more

>zumalt is a sub hunter

You actually believe this.