Why the fuck is everyone in my generation such a nihilist?

Why the fuck is everyone in my generation such a nihilist?

>lmao life is so shyte xDDD
>nothing matters teeheehee
>when you bad day get worse LOL fuck ZA WORULDO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QAVRu5OcOWE
youtube.com/watch?v=hUu6E-5lPTw
youtube.com/watch?v=8wZGVazbJYY
youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror_management_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's not what nihilism is.
People are in dismay because being alive is bewildering and strange.
We don't know why we're alive, so we invent ourselves.
People without drive fail.

Objectively there is no meaning.

How about surviving and staying alive?

Abstract thought is a both boon and burden.

people read the wiki page instead of Nietzsche's actual works and think they're pretty edgy

inb4 nice marmot

Not objective, it's just what you want to do.

Objective it's meaningless.

Well, being a dumbass and not questioning anything leads to idiocy, like the drug-addled retards in Canada.

objectively*

If you're crazy, no. Also, it's not about want, it's about need.

reasons to live: God and Country
>but there is no God
>but we have no Country

youtube.com/watch?v=QAVRu5OcOWE

Meaning comes from experience.
Being a child knows no limitation of age or youth.

tfw Nietzsche's idea of culture should've replaced god but didnt

so instead of the usual shitpost that says Sup Forums is one person we got
>omg my generation is one person
you have school tomorrow get the fUCK OUT

Not an argument.
The only meaning that can be implied would be related to physics. We are bio robots that are a result of evolution, which is a result of laws of physics of this universe.

You proposed a subjective opinion about a topic. Your claim is neither an argument or a proposition. I was just being nice and trying to answer your post.
We are not "bio robots". Any claim that you make is your opinion, and you cannot back up the fact that we're bio robots.
Or if you rather, not an argument.

Yeah whatever, take few bio classes or something.

Definitely not an argument. Get got, faggot.
Taking a biology class isn't going to teach us that we're robots.
You're a BIOLOGICAL organism. Get a real education pleb.

what's the difference between biological organism and a biological robot?

robot has connotations that are inferred rather than known.

>reasons to live: God and Country
Figments of the imagination, just like the imaginary lines on a map

Nihilism is Treasure Master for the NES?

Also

youtube.com/watch?v=hUu6E-5lPTw

Thread theme.

Because today reality is a simulation or a shadow of what is real. Everything is a reference of something else.

The west is a doing reality, not a being reality. The west has forgotten what it is to be.

are human connotations known rather than inferred?

The game sucks,
youtube.com/watch?v=8wZGVazbJYY
But the guy who composed the music for it was a fucking wizard. He made the NES soundchip do impossible things.

Yolo = nihilism?

That's a red herring fallacy.
You little cucks can't fool me, especially you charlatans.

There is no "objective truth".

Nihilism generally is considered in two forms:
(1) Existential nihilism
Existential nihilism, posits that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value. Whatever value it has we create in our minds. Ask any theist which world is more important, this one or the next? They will happily fill you in on their eschatological viewpoint - that this world not only is without meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value, but they'll also let you know how sadistically gleeful they'll be when this world and everyone else in it is destroyed.

An atheist's life has far more meaning to him because it is the only life he has. He knows it is up to him to make purpose for himself, not wait for some deity to hand it to him or decide his "destiny". So the evidence completely contradicts the hysteria of theists who claim atheists are the nilhilists #1.

(2) Moral nihilism
Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Ask any atheist a thousand year ago where morals come from, he says men. Ask an atheist today where morals come from, he says men. Invariable and time-tested
he gives the same answer no matter the culture, language or location.

A theist will tell you morals come from his gods and everybody else's gods are made up. If objective morality was truly from a divine being, there'd only be one god and one single objective moral system. Ask any theist if he believes in Zeus he says no, Ask him if he believes in Ra, Jupiter, Zarathustra, Uhuru Mazda, Dionysus, Horus, etc., he says "no, they're false gods".
Morality is obviously a man-made concept. Men invent rules, then they fabricate "gods" to enforce the rules.

That's been the unwavering constant of all made-up gods and made-up moral systems in history. This proves decisively that theists alone are the beyond-any-doubt nihilists #2.

And I think everyone knows this but doesn't know how to convey it. That's the problem with language, we can't say what we mean.

Like we wanna express how fucking far removed culture, media, production and sex are from being and we think we're all alone, but in actuality, the entire west, as individuals experience this but can't do anything to stop the inevitable motion towards novelty/singularity so we just go with it.

>YOLO
>fuck it
>life's a bitch then you die
>nothing matters, man
>no objective truth behind anything, including this sentence
>perpetual change is constant so just go with the flow, dude

The game was also pretty nihilistic. You're just some faggy 90s kid, doing a bunch of busy work to get to the end of the stage. Jump on the platforms so you can get to the submarine so that you can get to the radium plated boots so that you can walk over the spikes, etc. And you just wonder the whole time... why do I do this? It's not like it's fun. But it's just so you can keep hearing the music. Like it's not specifically catchy music. You'll forget it the moment the game leaves your mind, but it's great while it's playing.

So you're just playing this game that you know is bullshit, that you really don't like so that you can have the awesome music.

Tim Follin is a God.

youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0

Put your faith in the Lord.

And the era that we're in now is post-hyperreality.

A shadow of a representation of a hologram.

>That's a red herring fallacy.
Why?
>You little cucks can't fool me, especially you charlatans.
kek

You don't have to tell me bro. The guy had like fucking square waves and triangle waves and shit to work with, and he made better sounding music than a lot of SNES composers did. And SNES composers had that amazing hybrid midi/mod system to work with.

Because science points to it and there's little evidence suggesting otherwise.

Doesn't mean you have an excuse to be depressed. It's more a reason to not care about the big picture.

Eets not fair!

What do you mean infer vs know? Isn't everything known inferred? Isn't inference just a tool to gain knowledge?

>Why?
Because he's trying to distract me from the point, because he wants to prove that there is no point, but there is a point because I told him that there was.
However, he continues to detract because he's setting up a false narrative for the sake of being a slimey cunt. Like a Jew.

So, you're asking about the nature of knowledge?
Inference is something that's garnered but ascertained through imposed thought processes, not actual knowledge.
Inferring something is not knowing, but guessing through evidence.

Who's "he"?
Dude you drunk or what kek?

Are you the duplicitous cunt?
Also, I don't drink or do drugs. I am not a degenerate.

Nothing in life matters, nothing is sacred, there is no higher purpose, so i just do anything i want without giving a fuck or hurting somebody else in the process.

I don't get why some people have to be such stuck up bitches about what others do and i don't even care.

Just fuck off pretty please.

Here you go OP. I ficksed it.

>when mom tells me to do my homework, I tell her ok, but secretly I don't give a heck: the post

Dunno but I've been tired of retarded Instagram sluts and other types of degenerate normalfags feigning existentialism and self deprecation on social media for a really long time now.

"The crystallized result of guessing through evidence." Is close enough to how I would define knowledge. You 'know' the sun will come up tomorrow because it always has, but there's really no guaranteed. An indefinite number of things could prove what you feel you know is true justified belief is not true.

Unless you hold that we can only have knowledge about math and things definitionally true, I still think that, under your own description, inference is just a tool to gain knowledge.

I see you're new here

Nothing matters, senpai

You don't know that the sun is coming up tomorrow, also tomorrow is different for everyone, being the nature of time and relation to the sun itself in comparison to the geographical location.
Also, the sun isn't something you could qualify as real or evident, not without explaining theories on the subject of hydrogen, etc.
Math may not even be true, as it could just be the building blocks set on nothing.
I think one of the Greeks said, a house built on sand is not a house at all.

Get mad, faggotron!
Radiohead sucks.

Atheism/nihlism is the religion of globalists/kikes. It's their tool to keep the goyim complacent and easily controllable.

>implying god's dead

>You will never get the chance to explore the earth for the first time
>You will never get the chance to explore space
>Only meaning in life is to shitpost and redpill normies

Nihilism isn't a religion, it's a philosophical leaning.
Also, atheism is supposed to be an absence of religion.
And the card you're trying to play, which I agree with, is that the corruption of morality is a globalist mechanism.
Religion keeps stupid people in check with their "morals".
Atheism is for pseuds that want to feel empowered by their knowledge.
Nihilism is a natural tendency, but doesn't necessarily mean morals are destroyed.

>Math may not even be true
So you see knowledge, even of mathematics, as not possible?

what's the difference between biological organism and a biological robot?

>robot has connotations that are inferred rather than known.

Do you hold that the only knowledge we are capable of is biological self knowledge?

You a Pyrrhonist or something?

>what's the difference between biological organism and a biological robot?
none

>So you see knowledge, even of mathematics, as not possible?
You keep throwing the word knowledge around as if you know what it means.
>Do you hold that the only knowledge we are capable of is biological self knowledge?
I wouldn't even go that far, I would just hold true that we know what is necessary for us to know in order to carry out our functions. However, there are various implications that are associated with our lack of knowledge.

>You a Pyrrhonist or something?
No, I wouldn't go that far, but I am very skeptical.

You're implying that what humans know as a robot is not different from what humans know as a natural entity existing parallel to our function?
You understand that's crazy?

You don't "need" anything, you only want things more intensely in a general sense.

You need food and water, or you'll die.
That's the definition of need.

>tfw ugly manlet, no one loves me and nothing actually really matters anymore

>tfw being intelligent only makes it worse because I consciously see what's happening to me

>tfw to smart

There is no difference in the sense of what an organism is... robot is just a spooky term made by humans to identify "other" when "other" is really very similar just hasn't been around for as long

>You keep throwing the word knowledge around as if you know what it means
You don't know me. or my level of education.
I was trying to see what you thought knowledge was so I could understand your argument.

I'll never learn my lesson and use Sup Forums exclusive to shitpost, will I. You are rude and I no longer value what you have to say.

There is very much a difference--from what humans have manufactured to mimic organisms, to naturally existing organisms.
A robot is an entity existing parallel to our existence, unnaturally.

>to smart
>to
>o

but what if you want to die? then you don't need water or food. Usually "need" is used in the sense of deserving it but in the world no one deserves anything only because of their spooky human system requires them to

Robots are naturally existing organisms because we gave birth to them? A human is a very complex robot, when the first organisms were created they were simple robots just like the ones we created, they are very much organic life

Organisms are autonomous agents that are performing their actions due to encoded algorithms.
Robots can be autonomous agents performing actions due to encoded algorithms as well.
>unnaturally
Oh lol

I'm pretty sure you're a teenager.

>You don't know me. or my level of education.
I never insinuated anything, I'm suggesting however, that none of us have the capability of knowing the nature of knowledge.
Don't get so defensive so easily.
> I was trying to see what you thought knowledge was so I could understand your argument.
It's irrelevant what I think about a subject that's different from the topic at hand.
>I'll never learn my lesson and use Sup Forums exclusive to shitpost, will I. You are rude and I no longer value what you have to say.
You're a pussy, how's that?

I met twats like you in college, they thought they knew everything, turned out that were just self-concerned asshats.

You still need water and food to carry out your function. If you want to die, you're a faulty organism and are insane.
>Robots are naturally existing organisms because we gave birth to them?
You're attempting to derive natural meaning from something artificial in nature, which are two separate things.
>A human is a very complex robot
You're implying that humans are made by another source, which is unfounded.
>when the first organisms were created they were simple robots just like the ones we created, they are very much organic life
That's a stretch and a slippery slope. We don't know what happened, and how it started.

Classic terror management

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror_management_theory

So much this.

I'm an atheist with nihilistic tendencies.

I believe globalists are eroding our social structure and leaving a chaotic vacuum in its place. Religion is a useful tool for control of people with less intelligence in the short term.

I'm driven by loyalty to my family and friends and a code of honor. These are the things that have meaning to me and I will protect them. I don't need "morals" for this and yet people mistake me for one of the most "moral" people they've ever met, including religious folks.

Nothing in life ultimately matters but why not uplift people and yourself on the way to nothing. You've got no reason to ultimately, but you will suffer in the short term if you don't.

The short term could be made longer the more survivable everyone is around us even to the point of cybernetics..uploading ourselves into machine consciousness etc.

The universe will undergo heat death but humanity shouldn't go down without a fight.

what makes you faulty?

>Organisms are autonomous agents that are performing their actions due to encoded algorithms.
Robots can be autonomous agents performing actions due to encoded algorithms as well.
That doesn't mean they're naturally functioning, that means they're artificially created for the vain purpose of scrutiny in "God", for the false conception of assistance.
>>unnaturally
>Oh lol
Prove that man-made creations contrived prematurely through vanity is natural.

>I'm pretty sure you're a teenager.
I'm pretty sure you're an arrogant hack.

We've been systematically detached from our own will to live. We have been psychologically conditioned to oppose our own life force.

This is ALSO why white people (and no one else) think that they are bad and should defer to other people.

My passage from nihilism was around basic concepts like this. If I can justify survival for myself and others, and others have similar thoughts outside religious or secular moral frameworks,then there is something about our common existence that can find common value - a biological trait of humans to survive. Nihilism might be a giant logic fallacy resulting from us overthinking our ethical legacy. We destroy because want to know how the parts work. Once we see the parts, we declare the watch to be fabricated and in so doing deny the purpose of time keeping.

i've been thinking about the implications of the fact that i've chosen a life of total chemical and technological escapism from my fundamental nature as a social creature that physically interacts with the basic components of the outside world instead choosing to live solipsistically in my own head and in my own thoughts, essentially only interacting with the real world in brief and highly unpleasant bursts

someone should have probably told me not to do that you know

Because humans are meant to be alive, not die prematurely through self-absorption and conceit.
We all want to die, but we cope in various ways.
>people will try to argue this point

I have a 26 year old friends who thinks this shit. It's pathetic.

>We're just some monkeys waging war against other monkeys LOL XD
>Uhhh we're just like a little dusty rock flying through space XDDDD
>Were it not for the police and government I would just kill everyone around me DUDE LMAO

Yeah, anyone who studies nihilism knows it doesn't work in reality.
You have to believe in something.
And the basics are what no one can argue effectively in contrast to nihilism.
You gotta eat, you gotta sleep. You better believe that.

>This is ALSO why white people (and no one else) think that they are bad and should defer to other people.
White people think they're bad because of an intersectionality of leftist propaganda and guilt over Christ.

>You're bad because you killed Jesus you dirty Roman

>You're bad because of your carbon footprint killing Gaia on the backs of all the third world slave labor you dirty consumer.

If whites weren't at the pinnacle of consumer culture or if western religion wasn't what it was they wouldn't defer to others. The Romans just conquered without guilt believing they had divine right case in point.

You don't have the perspective to make objective claims about reality. Whether there is purpose or not to life, you wouldn't know.

You're an adult at this point, grow up and mature.

Ah but what is my function m'lady
You are implying that living is the function of human being but realise that just beacuse most people want to live does not mean this inherently human nature and deriving function from human nature in it's own sense is a spook

Humans are made by another source, we came from atoms to here, to say that we we're not created from something else (i'm not talking about a religious god) is missing the point that when evolving you are being created by your environment and your environment is nature and seneca has said that nature and god are the same thing

>that's a stretch and slippery slope
m8 you wanna have a gab at it? nothing is real, everything is a spook, i have been saying this, just like how "need" is a spook

>arguing with an arrogant retard
wew lad

To assert that humans are meant to be alive is the same as to assert that "god exists irrefutably" you are being too spooky

AH if we all want to die then who is to say that we are "meant to be alive" you have outspooked yourself m8

Because they are not nihilists but actually Hedonistic Narcissists Yolo bitches.

honestly nihilism is true, every bit of it.

But anyone who lives by this logic is a pathetic weak cucks with no pride or self esteem. They use this logic as an excuse for how shitty of a human they are.

THIS SO MUCH
they have no idea of what nihilism is founded on or how it has evolved and call themselves so because they want to be edgyedgyedgyedgy

There's no nihilists on Sup Forums. Every anons has a goal in life : be rich, have several white kids.

Hmm have you heard of Nietzsche, i think maybe you have misunderstood Nihlisim for what edgy kids assume nihlism is

Retard alert