ITT we assume climate change is real and how to fix it

Thin out population:
>GMO propaganda saying it's super bad mann. This will greatly reduce the food supply
>China like laws that set a max on children
>Get rid of all welfare that supports big families.

I didn't include spreading a virus because that gets tricky unless the vaccine/antidote is expensive.

>Nuclear energy
Obvious.

No normie retard shit that is only expensive and doesn't help like ride a bike, windmills, solar panels, ect.

Do nothing.

If the atmosphere warms up, ice will melt, thus keeping the temperature constant.

Problem solved.

Fuck off and do nothing but Burn all the Coal you need. If it wasn't for the EPA, we could've cut corners and save trillions of dollars on infrastructure and productions.

This isn't a thread about the budget.

ice is melting temperature is rising

Spreading out to Mars/the Moon is an option.

>more carbon, higher temperatures, longer growing seasons on increased arable land mass and greater plant-life in general + biodiversity

Why the fuck would I want to stop it?

Because some Polynesian natives and west coast liberal faggots might lose some beachfront real-estate?

Fuck you, Unregulated Industry is great for humanity!

Hell, Climate change is just another excuse for people of power to take control over our businesses.

Put a gigantic ice cube in the Atlantic.

Cut coal, completely. Move towards nuclear, wind, geo, and hydro while throwing billions on new energy sources via science. If that doesn't work test terraforming on earth, if it works great lets colonize mars. If it doesn't we were fucked anyways.

Come back when you've read history. Ever heard of smog or the gilded age?

Yeah, I heard about the Guilded Age and it's making a comeback.

No more regulations and and pesky red tape; We'll save industries form going the way of Whaling and Lead.

Would you be willing to cut trade with countries/force them to do the same? I think it would be pointless for just one country to do it.

You can't enjoy profit when your customer is dead.

I don't think we'd need to. If America acts first China will follow. There needs to be a timeline to help other nations but I would support embargoing if they refused to get rid of dirty coal or reform. It is a project for Earth and each nation will need to help pay for it, from Brazil and Indonesia and their deforestation to China's love of coal.

NUKE CHINA AND INDIA,.

>Water power: great energy, but a limited amount of places to build dams and water powerplants exist and most already are in use or are protected by political reasons like wildlife reserves

>Solar & Wind: Renewable, but only worth it where wind is fast enough (energy scales exponentially from wind speed, so you won't get half the energy with half the avg. wind speed but much much less) or sun shines bright enough (so not worth it in higher latitudes). Biggest issue in large scale is that they can't be used for primary production since access to electricity can't rely on the weather. This means we cannot replace energyproduction like coal or oil with solar/wind, because otherwise there will not be enough power to meet demand when weather conditions are cloudy and not windy - these options only exist to supplement.

>Nuclear: Best option on paper. Largest issues are political - in order for the uranium reserves to last any meaningful time new plants have to start using reactors that can use recycled nuclear fuel. Currently most reactors in use need enriched uranium and once used it's waste - like this known uranium deposits will only lat 80 years. The technology to create reactors and refineries that would allow us to extend this to 50k-100k years by reusing nuclear fuel and using far less enriched or even natural uranium exists, but the problem is these kind of reactors also produce plenty of plutonium and other materials that can be used to create nuclear weapons. The used nuclear fuel would also have to be reprocessed between use so these materials would have to be moved around between the power plant and a refinery/some other kind of plant. So most countries can't do this or US will bring the freedom and energy will be the least of their problems.

What alternative can you suggest to replace the energy production currently made with fossil fuels then?

If its real the way Bill Nye says then he should advocate extermination of Africans and the Chinese, along with shifting people away from the coasts.

Anything less would just delay the inevitable.

I was trying to keep it somewhat reasonable. Maybe like have the cia manufacture a war between the two countries.

We don't.
Quit playing with the Earth's processes.
You're going to cause an actual problem.

We start by using renewable energy and nuclear energy.

We produce more electricity based vehicles and stop relying on fossilefuel driven vehicles to take us anywhere.

I'm no scientist but this would be a start

Read my post again. I did the population angle. Nuclear today is only so shitty because we built shitty and wasteful models to beat the soviets to the market. Also, access to plutonium is hardly the reason why most countries don't have nukes.

Electronic vehicles cost too much and we need greener batteries before we start mass producing them.

This is what mos people think but can actually answer the points I already made why this isn't already being done? Your 2nd point falls in the same purview, since we would need to increase electrical production to match the new demand which would increase fossil fuel use.

t-this

The climate has been changing since before Humans existed. Since before life existed.

There is little to nothing we can do at this point to change it.

climate change is a hoax, there is no reason to assume it to be real.

True, we need more research on that before we mass produce them.
If we could get cold fusion to work it would be extreamly good.
That would help a lot

Once VR and AI are good we will be set.

The AI will look after the humans while they're in their futa simulators and also work to clean up the planet and explore space.

I honestly think this is the way its going to be, it doesnt need to be all matrixy either, im sure people would rather fuck 100000 women armies then be in boring reality.

>Thin out population:
Free birth control does it PLUS no more religious shit. Look at Europe, we ain't having babies no more.

>Nuclear energy
Yes, but even more so we need to invest in new technology such as fusion reactor research. Fusion reactors actually work, and if we just used more fucking money and more competent people to run this research we would have fusion reactors in prodcution in 10 years instead of 30 years.

Also, lots of fucking electric cars everywhere. Build the network, build the cars, make large cities "electric cars only" on weekends - that will give a big boost to electric cars.

Also, set standards for ships. Ships are fucked up polluting monsters. We need to put small nuclear power plants in the biggest ships to reduce their fuel consumption.

cold fusion is a meme.

Have you ever talked to people that believe in climate change before? They think nuclear energy is green slime that's going to kill everyone. I suggested it to someone before and he had a visible full body jolt and a few seconds of being stunned that I would even consider it.

T. MIT student

first world countries aren't to worry about. Not sure how Japan managed it other than neets.

People think that fusion would create stronger nukes. (as if hydrogen bombs don't exist) kek. fucking idiots.

electric cars are too expensive WITH the billions in subsidies. Not to mention the shit batteries we have.

Yeah well talk to Russia on that one. Maybe ease sanctions if they get rid of their "rolling volcanoes?

Do you actually believe in cold fusion? I'm not going to argue it I would just feel bad for you.

Kek