90% of our fresh water is frozen

Why aren't we mining Antarctica for fresh water?

Because it doesn't exist.

If youre thinking about getting yourself a chunk of ice and letting it melt into fresh water enjoy your worms.

>mining Antarctica for fresh water?
>Mining
>Water
nice african logic there

because we don't need to, also if you mine on Antarctica and it in any way fucks up Australia's claim we will send our emu legionaries to destroy your shit country

>mine antarctica för water
>break through ice wall
>lose all ocean water to space

why would we do this???

Can you think of a better term for cutting ice out?

Because ice is heavy as fuck and hard as rock.

It's much easier to gather it in liquid form from an aquifer or river in a more suitable location and use a pipeline.

Dumb negroes.

why would you need to get ice

Basic water treatment like all lake and reservoir water gets can handle that.

Besides for drinking , it could also be used for farming.

Having to do that would be a huge warning sign about the sustainability of the human population. Or life on Earth at all, for that matter.

What do you think I'm suggesting in the OP?

Or you melt it and just transport it with normalass tanker ships.

Sounds a lot cheaper than these desalination memes that cost billions in investment and millions in operating costs.

We actually used to transport and trade ice back in the 1800s afaik.

Desalinisation is probably cheaper, and if that's affordable then there is no water crisis.

It really isn't. It's a meme.

Africans should just move to parts of the world like the UK that have plenty of water. Problem solved.

>Sounds a lot cheaper than these desalination memes that cost billions in investment and millions in operating costs.

According to a google search, the average SA family uses 250 litres a day. For a year of their consumption, they would need to get one of these shipped from Antarctica. I'm not sure what that will cost, but I imagine a lot more than just running an evaporation pit.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

>We actually used to transport and trade ice back in the 1800s afaik.

Not for water, but for food preservation.

I remember seeing something about this in a 1980's documentary.

you just need a desalination plant to convert salt into fresh

>for food preservation

I know, my point is simply that it was done, ice isn't "too heavy"

Ridiculously expensive. Billions in building a plant and millions in operating costs.

yeah but thats cause you live in niggerland

> call it Iceout
LMAO

>Desalination costs in 2013 ranged from US$0.45 to $1.00/cubic metre ($US2 to 4/kgal)

If your courier charges you a buck per cubic metre for an international delivery, please hook me up.

Its actually called ice harvesting.

Stupid nigger. You have a stupid mentality. Grow up and stop wasting resources. Humans are not the only inhabitants here, we are part of a system.

Dont fuck it up, ignorant piece of shit.