en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caltrop
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet#Traction_trebuchet
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This literally assbliterates the mongol hoard

The Spartans.
>ALL THE WEAK SHALL DIE AND THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE

>Let's beat the Mongols together
Invent compound bo... Or better not. DEFINITELY NOT!

I just wanna self bump and remind everyone that mongols were overrated and were beaten by my ancestors cavalry.
So eat your fucking heart out pony riders.

So who was the worst military in history?

OP from last thread. Thanks for starting a new one. I'm finding this really interesting and I'm actually learning stuff

I need a clarification. On this

Yeah, but then you've gotta go pick everyone of those fuckers up.

The Portuguese are the best

Highlight from last thread.

Vikings BTFO, how will they ever recover

How would you deploy these against the horde?

In Europe, I'd say the Anglo-Saxon pre-1066.
But bad armies are often forgotten, so probably some place in Africa.

Find the narrowest place I know they'll need to go through eventually and put thousands of them everywhere

proofs? i know they were defeated in poland, i guess, but that doesn't mean much. After all, they were defeated by mameluks in Palestine as well.
The Mongols had excellent logistics and communication, and their cavalry was swift and resilient, being able to cross hundreds of kilometers in mere weeks. I don't think that any other army was as efficient as the mongols. Except, maybe, for the huns, but they lacked supply lines.

Usually two sides will meet and then sort sieze each other up, sometimes for days before they would actually start fighting, plenty of time for some men to go and cover their flanks with that shit.

so not in combat but rather as a way to control their advance? Or do you mean ambush at that narrow site that you've seeded?

Pre-Columbian America Indians. Incas, Aztecs.
>millions peoples states submit to hundreds soldiers with swords
>top kek

Yeah I kind of meant in Europe/important places.

Their main advantage is in the name really "horde". They had numbers at the time that others didn't. I mean if the horse archer was so good then why didnt everyone use them? They existed long before the Mongols.

top kek.

Yeah... Not really.
They had the horse numbers though.
Everyone in mongol army had 2 or 3 horses. This is why they could wreck shit up, while their opponents had to walk to their destination.
And the horde came because they united allmost all of the steppe peoples.

It's really the Genghis that's responsible for their unification and their conquests.

>I mean if the horse archer was so good then why didnt everyone use them?
Agrarian cucks vs nomads master race.

i remember reading somewhere that Belisarius employed some sort of cavalry archer in the byzantine armies, with great success.

The thing is not numbers, else the Persians would have crushed the greeks with ease. I don't know about the Huns, but the Mongols were great tacticians and rewarded merit by putting the best soldiers at the head of the army. Meanwhile, most other nations had a dedicated military caste or would put incompetent highborn shitheads as generals.

Also, what crippled the armies were the lack of supplies. The mongols would take their cattle everywhere they went, so that was not an issue at all.

US Armyfag here. Same way we would employ mines in a modern decisive action fight. Force the enemy to choose a disadvantageous avenue of approach. We want to the Russia horde to take route A vs route B, because we can't cover both, or perhaps Route A has more canalizing terrain. It's not the damage caused but the impediment to decision making that is important.

Shit, I'm starting to take Mongol pill.

How did they carry the sieges so effectively?
And don't tell me captured Chinese slaves - that's not an answer.

I think once they couldn't siege a city, so made a ransom for all the pet cats and birds of the city, they gave them to the mongols who then tied pieces of cotton to their tails, and set them on fire which caused the animals to go back to their homes and start a bunch of fires allowing them to take advantage of the panicked city

If you can't admit it was the roman legions you are an uneducated plebian.
Inb4 cannae, teutoburg forest, carrhae or adrionople. The Romans got payback after each of these battles with interest.

Though I think that's more of a legend than an outright fact so take it with a grain of salt.

>How did they carry the sieges so effectively?
Chinese taught them. Genghis Khan was Chinese proxy general. It is like Osama and CIA. Only worse. Because in postindustrial era developed civilizations had not real technological advantages over barbarians.

Are you fucking stupid

The Mongols could take Western Europe today.

I didn't expect to read on caltrops in wikipedia

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caltrop

>Deployment
Just throw them in front of you.

What happened after Rome though? Did warfare evolve out of the legion-style heavy infantry formations? Did heavy cavalry in the middle ages spell the end for heavy infantry formations?

Full plate armor was not mastered until the late middle ages.

Common, it is Russian history meme not Mongolian.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev

but then they'll just get a fraction of their ten million nigger horde army to go pick them out even when you're raining arrows down on them

also,

what if they just surround you everywhere else and cut off all supply roots and wait until you start to starve and die

Yeah but how did they siege?
I know they are known for quick sieges and not getting bogged down as this is death of horse army.

fucking caltrops will always make me laugh
top meme of the right wing safety squads

The Mongols were truly masterful tacticians. They learned warfare with siege equipment from the Chinese when they invaded Xi Xia and China and then began to use it against infantry formations to great effect in Europe. This foreshadowed the use of cannon a couple centuries later.

Crossbows were basically the precursor to early firearms in terms of their effectiveness against cavalry. I can't remember the name of the battle in question, but the Hungarians fought the Mongols after Genghis Khan died and the Mongols got completely rekt by massed crossbowmen who outranged them and made their training and skill useless.

>Yeah but how did they siege?
With Chinese siege engines and techniques?

Again, not an answer.
What were they using?
I have no familiarity of 12th century Chinese sieging.

The Hidden Gardens of Babylon

Caltrops are no laughing matter.

Literally immobilizes the horse as another step will only cause it to go even deeper. Enjoy getting this out of your horses hooves.

They took chienese siege engineers with them.
A wall? No problem. Chinese engies would build siege engines. Check the siege of bagdad for further reference.

I missd the whole caltrop thing on RWSS.
Can you give me rundown, a screengrab?

>you missed it

They are the epitome of all military technology. Thousands of years of endless war lead to the creation of the most devastating device in existence.

Give me caltrops, and I'm confident I could defeat the United States armed forces.

Are leftists literally nigger level IQ?
And did they inherit paranoia from their jew masters?

lol, he meant Antifa were literally plotting to lay caltrops around electrical outlets and potential fire hazzards in an effort to wound and injure right-wing safety inspectors

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet#Traction_trebuchet
Also Chinese had many siege tower variations.

and also your calvery

mongols literally didnt have logistics, they took the grazing animals with them and pillaged everything them came across. what made them the air cav of their day was their horses and distinct lack of supply lines

Horses are sub ungulate

Alright everyone here are my ancient/medieval warfare draft picks

Let's see if anyone can come up with a better roster.

>line infantry
Roman Legions (Under Trajan)

>Shock infantry
Teutonic Foot Knights (with German
Longswords)

>skirmisher infantry
Gaesatae (Gallic naked fanatics)

>missile infantry
English longbowmen

>heavy cavalry
Macedonian Companion cavalry

>light cavalry
Hussars

>missile cavalry
Mongol Horse Archers

Any takers?

the mongols were in the saddle by age 3

you cant take a peasant at age 15 put him on a horse and expect him to be as good

1 Mongols, brought the horde
2 romans = Empire?
3 Nords= white mongols

no they were getting wrecked, but then they out flanked the hungarians and well thats that

No horse has ever tangled with a caltrop and lived to tell of it. It's literally never happened.

There were attempts by agrarian cultures to field their own horse archers. The Seleucids and Bosporans were prime examples.

They were always shit. The Seleucids had to end up relying on Sarmatian and Alan mercs when they needed missile cavalry.

Ignore this cuck who fancies himself a history buff. The truth has literally been hidden from and this man is a damn fool

the mighty samurai

The Byzantine Empire

They still had a profesional, well trained army- just really shitty leadership.

Overrated

Japan was so isolated that the Japanese didn't really need to evolve militarily

European Knights would eat their lunch any day of the week. Try to cut through plate armor with a katana and see what happens.

They lost the siege in 13 days.
How is it possible for them to take a major city with bunch of trebuches and siegeworks in 13 days?

I'm gonna call arabs faggots and say they gave up because of fear. Which was real weapon of Mongols

the mighty emu warriors of australia

SHUT your fucking mouth

thats because no horse is retarded enough to step on one

The Byzantines were really versatile at their peak. They could field an elite unit for basically any scenario.

Also Greek fire

story was the mongols wanted a city to surrender or every one in the city would be killed, city refused.
so the mongols build a wall around that city, so no one would escape, the defenders had lost before the battle begun

>heavy cavalry
definitely sassanid cataphracts or clibinarii. They would btfo companion cav any day of the week.

See

Tell me more...

Armored Emu Cavalry?

Do the warriors ride the emus into battle?

Or is it the other way around?

Defeated by using caltrops. Though your history books will hide this from you

caltrops
can someone give me the run down on these

oh no, its just emus that wander around, they just nibble on on the plants until the enemy runs out of food, they cannot be killed or dissuaded from nibblin, they can break the will of any army or people, just nibblin

They fucked this guys girlfriend

same guy my id changes

but yeah i do fuck my own gf

With longbowmen in my army cataphracts aren't a problem.

I picked companions because they are more effective at flanking. Cataphracts are tanks which break up line infantry, but charging them at massed longbows or crossbows is suicide.

The companions are for hammer and anvil flanking, the hussars are for chasing down missile cavalry, and the Mongol horse archers are for harassment. I have Teutonic Knights which fill the Cataphracts role as tanks.

CALTROPS
A
L
T
R
O
P
S

huh, scrub, you know nothing of emus

the mighty emu is decended from the philosoraptor and his mighty raptor foot, pic related, emus laugh in the face of caltrops

You're hysterical

Kek...just how do you think the velociraptor went extinct.

Then you attack them with a hail of arrows covered by spearmen. If you get surrounded you're an idiot tactician anyway. No sensible army would place themselves in a comprimisable position unless it was forced by the enemy.

Do you even rts

rare caltrops

What use is such a force if it cannot be controlled?

What happens when the emus turn on me?

What can be expected of an armchair historian

Caltrops killed the dinosaurs

Knew it

you guys need to caltrop them

Not only that, they've been responsible for every mass extinction event to date

speech is on hope he mentions caltrops

Hop off my fucking dick imbecile

WRONG

IT WAS THE ICE AGE

Lol aren't we all

Don't ever insult me again as you have done today