Bill Nye Climate Change Thread CONTINUED

PREVIOUS THREAD youtube.com/watch?v=t8b0JIPGyOA

I love how you immediately fall into attacking me about denial, I never even once denied it in this whole thread, hell I'm open to the idea that what your saying could be true, but after we get done yelling about whether it's true or not, and people like me ask "Well what's your solution, what is your gameplay" you have literally nothing. The best thing you have is the Kyoto Protocol and China has actually gotten far far WORSE since then.

I'm talking about recognizing a basic fact about reality that so many, like you, are so reticent to do simply because the implications are unpalatable to you.
>implications are unpalatable to you

Who said the implications are unpalatable? Which implications? The implication that the world might end? That's not palatable to anyone, but I accept it far better than you seem to because I'm talking about how to prevent it, and you're busy chiding me for "not recognizing it", even though I literally am.

Is it the implication that western societies need to tax/cap our industries? Cause you even said here that you weren't talking about a Carbon Tax, so what implication are you talking about exactly?

I'm the one implying that this problem is so serious, we need to STRONG-ARM China and India into not ENDING THE FUCKING WORLD?

I completely accept the notion that what you say is potentially true, now please explain to me what "implication" you're referring to that is "unpalatable" to me, what outcome have you even "implied" yet, if you're not talking about solutions?

Other urls found in this thread:

instituteforenergyresearch.org/analysis/as-u-s-shutters-coal-plants-china-and-japan-are-building-them/
youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reminder in pic related

Was a very good get, friend

ty i am proud

I thought China was closing old dirty power plants - while building new 'clean-er' ones, admittedly, but also adding more wind & solar plants than anywhere else? Net result to be less co2 - and less smog over Beijing, etc. India has announced it will not be building the scores of coal plants that some anti-AGW sources have claimed. No?

They did do that some, and that is true, but look here at
instituteforenergyresearch.org/analysis/as-u-s-shutters-coal-plants-china-and-japan-are-building-them/

>These new coal plants that China is constructing are more efficient and cleaner than their old coal-fired plants.[vi]

>China consumes more than 4 billion tons of coal each year, compared to less than 1 billion tons in the United States and 600 million tons in the European Union. China surpassed the United States to become the largest global carbon dioxide emitter in 2007, and it is on track to double annual U.S. carbon dioxide emissions by 2017. By 2040, China’s coal power fleet is expected to be 50 percent larger than it is today and these power plants typically operate for 40 years or more.[vii]

Sure they have """"cleaner""" plants, but they still consume far more coal, they still will be outputting enough gases that according to the "SETTLED SCIENCE" models, the world is still going to end.

China simply has too many people to create enough green energy for to prevent the end of the world (according to climate change), short of a MASSIVE population reduction and change in their development cycle (i.e. massive war or famine or disease or something)

Expanding on this thought, all of you climate people should be behind Trump 100%, especially in regards to China.

The reason China is developing as an economy, is because they are exporting junk to the world, and they are able to do that because they are currency manipulating, Trump has talked for strongly about punishing/ending Chinas currency manipulation, I think the restructuring of the global production order that would come from that, would likely improve the greenhouse gas situation greatly, at a cost of the development of people in China.

Basically, if you really believe the world is ending due to climate change, then there's only two options:

A) Everyone in China suffers, their development is stunted/changed, many die or fail to advance, but the world is saved.

B) We don't want to hurt people in China/India, so we let them keep doing what they're doing, and the world is guaranteed to end within 30 years.

I would love for someone to explain in this thread, a plan for saving the world from climate change, that is statistically shown to work, including China/India, that doesn't involve a massive collapse/catastrophe in those countries and their economies.

Go ahead, please, somebody offer up this idea

in reference to the bill nye video

this video was more about carl calling out bill for being a bullshitter than it was about debating global warming

kinda disappointing

so if the world does end because of climate change, who do we point the finger at first?

Trying to convince russia global warming a problem

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

Accepting climate change and accepting carbon taxes or energy austerity as the solution requires trust an entire host of institutions whose credibility has collapsed over the last 10 years.

You could have persuaded the public 20 years ago. But look around now. How can you convince anyone of anything anymore?

NASA said the icecaps actually got bigger. And it also snowed n the Sahara desert a little bit ago

Still no evidence its absolutely man made and not natural.

I don't believe in climate change because its way over my head either way and I'd rather just be optimistic and hope for the best.

Basically this.

If it's natural and doesn't turn around, then we're screwed no matter what we do. If it is man-made, or at least significantly contributed to by human actions, then taking action will make the future significantly better for humanity.

I get the glass half full attitude, but you should get an intuitive sense that something is up based on the fact that carbon is black, black absorbs heat/light, and we're putting more carbon in the atmosphere.

Excellent point, leaf.
Also, niggers are black. Subsequently, we shouldn't let more of them come into existence.

Sup Forums:no study has proved climate change

My government is building oil pipelines to expand the mining and production of oil for asian markets, starting a carbon tax for the people here, and our leader is riding the aga khan's helicopter to get to his private bahamas island with his family and 2 gay men for christmas.