GARRETT INTRODUCES LEGISLATION TO REMOVE MARIJUANA FROM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES LIST

>WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today 5th District Congressman Tom Garrett introduced legislation aimed at federally decriminalizing marijuana.

>The short title for this legislation is cited as the "Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017." If passed, this bill would take marijuana off the federal controlled substances list - joining other industries such as alcohol and tobacco.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomgarrett.house.gov/media/press-releases/garrett-introduces-legislation-remove-marijuana-controlled-substances-list
cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/white-house-marijuana-donald-trump-pot/
youtube.com/watch?v=PwXE-Hp7hSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If green ID and digits is true

Bump with link.

>tomgarrett.house.gov/media/press-releases/garrett-introduces-legislation-remove-marijuana-controlled-substances-list

>doesn't post a source

God damn it these faggots are going to kill me

>tfw moving kilos every month
>now they gonna legalize it like a pack of shitheads

Fucking goverment

spoke too soon

12 hours ago, this was today.

Kind of looks promising...
Trump is a business man and would be stupid not to see the profit we could make.

>>Green ID?

You got plenty of time to get a honest job.

decriminalizing is fine. legal recreational usage and normalization will destroy this country, however.

Get out before they really decide to legalize it. All the kilo-pushers in Washington state who weren't snitches or didn't have connections in government got purged right before the law changed. Source: was pushing kilos in Washington.

Basically if this bi-partisan legislation is approved Sessions will uphold it. It also means that you need a license to redistribute yet wont be jailed for a minor narcotic cannabis carry.

Furthermore and heres the fun part. This will unshackle industrial hemp production in the united states leading to cheaper medicine as a byproduct.

If Trump wants to increase military spending, taxation and regulation of production and distribution of recreational buds is the best way to do it. Anyone have figures on estimated tax revenue if the country went legal?

t. A Mexican
We trade in pounds, Jorge

the trump administration is going to crack down on you weed heads.

they have already said they will be stepping up enforcement, no way trump signs this shit bill.

cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/white-house-marijuana-donald-trump-pot/

If trump allows weed to be legal country wide it will cause libtard heads to explode

No matter. Black markets are significantly more profitable

This is simply a decriminalization bill. States will still need to vote for recreational sale/use or industrial hemp grow.

If all states approve rec sales i suspect a ballpark of 2.5 billion dollars tax revenue pre year.

>sessions says it will be treated as a states rights issue despite his reservations
>CNN: HIDE YOUR WEED HIDE YOUR PIPES GUBMINT COMIN FOR YOUR DRUGS NIQQA

Redpill me on why marijuana shouldn't be legalized

Marijuana is the herbal dindu.

Sessions is simply upholding the law. Change the laws and he will change his tune.

Dismantle the alcohol industry. That's the real poison.

Pretty much this.

Does this mean I will be able to grow my own plants in my own home without the fear of the Feds busting down my door. I just dont want to deal with drug dealers anymore.

Heh it will also increase tourism state to state. I might just drive down to socal for some green knowing i wont be hassled in az.

Give me a job nigger

You should be able to yes as long as its private use only.

You are crazy if you think it will have more of an impact than alcohol. I predict that there will be a rise in gang violence and mugging or harder drug usage as minorities need to find new avenues for revenue.

Please lord and savior Jesus Christ let this happen then.

Its a lose lose for trump.
He has to be hard on drugs for the religious right and legalization of weed would drop mexican crime rates.
On the other hand if he says no then he would be fighting against state rights.

Just switch to cocaine.
Once weed is legal there will be less drug dealers and harder drugs will be harder to find.

We'll see which avenue Trump takes. Make money off prisons or make money off selling a plant.

The government doesnt make money off of prisons. Private companies are paid to house criminals. Its really just a question of does he want to be known as the president who legalized weed.

It's actually a win win because he can kill the South American cartels by becoming a cartel. If the Feds start growing, processing, distributing and exporting weed nobody is going to want to deal with some small time gang.

I figured they make money off private prisons indirectly.

try closer to 4 billion after 5 years of growth

DUDE CRACK LMAO

lmao it wont pass the House or Senate.

It's not the Feds job to be a farmer you retard

Challenge accepted?

Why is there a pic of the "moon"

Let Trump remove the drug dealers.

Then we allow business owners to set up shop and sell, sell, sell.

>Yellow/Green colour
>240 instead of 420

Kek says partially correct

It has hardly been scientifically studied so we don't know very much about what it does the body and brain.
But, scientists so far have observed permanent lowering of IQ from even just recreational pot usage along with reduced agency and motivation.

Get out of my country faggot

they'd probably just go conservative just to spite him

>wow you cant just make it entirely legal, thats irresponsible!

4 billion a year and growing? Lets make america green again!

>we have to enforce the laws
>makes weed legal nation-wide

Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope!

Its easy to enforce laws when you simply remove said laws.

How many times has this been proposed and shot down?

Trump said weed was states rights, this decriminalization bill would do just that, make it a states rights issue.

No, it will still depend on the state's laws

youtube.com/watch?v=PwXE-Hp7hSs

too late