"American footprints on distant worlds is not too great a dream."

"American footprints on distant worlds is not too great a dream."

First emperor of the european race, Donald Trump

In the wake of this huge and lovely line. I propose a space elevator thread, let them become a regular thing again.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Babylon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarTram
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_loop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>european
You're a mongrel.

space isnt real.

sorry.

but you can help unite people as one race and destroy tribalism

sage

Americans will NEVER build a space elevator because they are literally dumb fucking burger claps who like loud rockets and fireworks after a countdown.

Pathetic.

It's happening!

It's the only way, senpai

>Americans will NEVER build a space elevator because
because pic related
SpaceX help

Also this.

Women
>We're helping!

Has anybody else ever wondered about maybe something like a 8-9 kilometer long orbital launch hyper-railgun embedded into Mount Everest or something to launch things into space or something similar? I feel like it would be a good transition before a space elevator.

ONLY US citizens are allowed to work at Spacex, the world's most advanced rocketry organization, leaf

cry more

> The one black guy in the left corner of the photo actually doing his job

Might actually be a good idea for freight. for some reason I think the g forces might screw up a human but what do I know.

Probably doesnt have to be in everest either, could be flat then curve up

maybe have a small rocket as a final stage boost

These threads, when they were popular were as autistic as threads about roads.

Is this even physically possible?

No.

>people still believe in the space meme

ok guys, it was cute for a while, but please. it's never gonna happen. there's a 95% chance we'll be extinct within 10,000 years. not nearly long enough to do real space exploration/colonization.

especially if it's not a world-wide effort. not gonna happen. sorry.

Definitely not at the moment, possibly never, although the future possibility is uncertain with new technologies.

People have thought about it A LOT. IIUC it's not worth it as it is. Not unless there would be a need for a lot more launches (which could happen though). Chemical rockets are cheap and could be made a lot cheaper still. The US chose to go with the Space Shuttle in the 70s for some damn reason instead of perfecting rockets. Maybe only to bankrupt Russia.

holy fuck, who on the team does the math and writes the code ?

>could be flat then curve up
A FUCKING RAMP

space elevators will never be a thing till carbon nano rods and even then it's retarded

>feels bad man

The black guy probably.
It's no wonder we haven't been to the moon since the 70'S

not one of them is hot

You can literally make one of these just by using blimps to float a spaceplane runway into the upper atmosphere. We space soon.

who cares lel

That's a mighty fine kitchen crew NASA got there

If you keep making them, make them launch loop threads. Launch loops are far more practical than space elevators and can be scaled to be even more effective too.

>european race
Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather not have riff-raff around.

>Dolan Tramp suggests going to space
>Claims several planets outside of Sol System
>Makes Alpha Centari great
>becomes hereditary leader of America 2
>democunts get the presidential ball tossed back to them after 8 years
>nobody cares because we have trump for life with a wall being built around earth to keep the shitskins contained
This is best timeline

Probably would be better to build it in the ocean so it doesn't have to support its own weight.

t. ahmed mukbarjina

religion of peace then flies a plane into the blimps and your huge investment is gone, and not to mention the fact that it would be lifted by fucking blimps that would have to be the size of a fucking skyscraper.

What the actual fuck am I looking at here? Is that meant to be farmland?

honestly europe wins this one, winding european country roads are the epitome of comfy.. merca's all strip malls and corn fields

That picture on the right triggers my autism

>Makes Alpha Centauri great
This must be Bannon's plan.

maintenance would be fucking huge

probably just connect 2 planets together and attach a rocket at one End or something to that extent and also
>orbital launch hyper-railgun
>gun
you'd probably destroy the planet before landing

That's JPL(NASA)

If you build it into a mountainside though with proper geotechnical engineering the mountain would hold and distribute its weight.

>attach two planets
>gun
Are you retarded?

In theory, yes. With currently available materials, no.

There are a handful of different proposed designs. Generally they call for a cable or ribbon of carbon nanotubes or graphene miles long. We can't produce those materials anywhere close to those lengths at this time.

I just realised

A far more practical elevator design would be to build one climbing out of the Moon's gravity well. It would make it extremely cheap to move material mined on the moon to orbit or to Earth.

True story, Saddam Hussein wanted to build one for the Iraqi space program, and totally not to be able to stop Israel from stepping up in his game so much, so he hired this autistic Canadian artillery engineer who'd served prison time for giving South Africa the best guns on the planet at the time, special-ordered a bunch of pipe sections for the barrel, he would have done it, but then the engineer turned up dead from a bunch of small-caliber bullets in the back of the head, pipe sections got seized, and nobody has tried to build a gun that big ever again.

would it be a good idea to study engineering then? lol

my nigga, I have spent so many hours crusading Chiron as Miriam

Don't study anything. School was invented by kikes.

>We can't produce those materials anywhere close to those lengths at this time.

FAKE NEWS
It's just that (((they))) have the public and private investors believe that it's too expensive, when in reality it would just take time. Time is shekels in (((their))) world, but Trump wont follow (((their))) rules. He'll find a way

Praise Kek

what the fuck does engineering have to with them?

Everything.

Fuck man I've worked places like that

name something

You're talking about Gerald Bull originally from Project HARP and Project Babylon and that's a lot different than what I was talking about.
Everything user, everything has to do with them
btw lrn2shitpost

for example?

>t. Muhammad Al Bhakkar

yeah, Bull wanted to build something feasible

Circumcision

shut up nigger

Are you a kike, or just really new?

It's happening. Yours is an opinion held exclusively by Commie types who see space exploration as "Porky" (their lame version of the Jew) escaping the consequences of his actions by leaving Earth. Pretty much you want humanity to langour on Earth and go extinct because the alternative is that your retarded ideology is false--but to be quite honest with you family, you didn't need this event to prove your retarded ideology is false, we did that sometime in the late 19th century when we empirically disproved the Labour Theory of Value.

He was dealing with much more constraints and it wasn't really a megaproject of anything of the scale I'm talking about. What I'm talking about would take a substantial portion of the productivity of numerous countries and international organizations working together over possibly decades. What Bull was doing with Sadaam was nothing like that, but was definitely feasible given his constraints.

>ONLY US citizens

It's true.

They wouldn't have got to the moon so early if it weren't for German technology from the fucking 30's.

and how is that related to engineering?

Where were you,
when they built the Ladder to Heaven?
Did it make you feel like crying?
Or did you think it was kinda gay?
Well I for one believe in the Ladder to Heaven
Ooh yeah yeah yeah, 9-11.....

>benis
>not related to engineering
ISHYGDDT familia

Does nasa really need like a hundred social media experts?

do you guys hate on the jews just because ?

>"American footprints on distant worlds is not too great a dream."

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

if anyone does it, it will be the asians because all the other races are stupid

McDonalds Colonialist Expansionism is inevitable. Prepare for it, Fritz, soon the Universal Burger will permanently displace your beloved schnitzel from the cosmos.

Where were you when you realized Space Elevator was the second coming of Jesus to deliver us to the "kingdom of heaven"

>woman taking selfies
>man actually working

Yay NASA!

>you guys
How dare you. I'm nothing like these other ingrates.

Saddam Hussein tried to build one but his lead scientist Gerald Bull, who was, more or less, the only guy on earth taking the idea seriously, was murdered in a hotel room by Mossad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull

>most of the people in this thread don't know about Skunkworks

> Implying Skunkworks has literally anything at all to do with a Space Elevator

If Americans build an space elevator, then hi-tech elite beaners can build a Hyperloop wall

>Acually Tesla/SpaceX builds all shit
>Isn't Elon Musk Trump's maid?

if I started a youtube channel based on doing stuff like that in public restrooms do you think I could make some decent money?

the fuck? do they not have a uniform or dress code? looks so sloppy, its NASA not the fucking mall

What you're saying is your way would be much, much more difficult than an alternative method that is much smaller, much cheaper, easier to make, requires less people, and does exactly the same thing?

What? Bull's gun? It wouldn't have been able to launch anything besides a shell into very low orbit. Not anything close to the launch power needed to actually propel something like a large vehicle into space.

NO WONDER WE HAVEN'T BEEN BACK TO THE FUCKING MOON

FUCK DIVERSITY

>implying they don't have advanced technology to help build and power it

Fuck the kikes, seriously every time I read about them i hate them more and more. Hitler should have killed more then 6000 of those goddamn jews.

> implying you have proof
> implying I'd believe that at all without any

Yup best plan I have seen is called startram en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarTram

Launch loops are also pretty interesting en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_loop

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity." -Former CEO of Skunkworks

You don't know how orbiting works

You can't just launch objects into orbit without precise guidance

I'm spite clapping at you

Why do we need a space elevator? What happens when it breaks or gets hit by a satellite? It seems like a silly idea to me. Maybe I just don't understand it enough.

Well that's what Bull's Gun basically was, I'm not saying I know but that was the basic gist behind project Babylon, to use a fuckhuge gun to launch a projectile into space.

t. pajeet rajuparooshitan

Ok you got me there.

It would still be a better place to start than an 8 kilometer long railgun embedded into the side of a mountain. The Redstone rocket of space guns.

30 fucking billion and I could launch into orbit for less than a transcontinental plane flight in 5 years?

What is NASA's budget?

space race 2.0 electric boogaloo when?