Why should we have names

Why should we have names?? we're all meaningless life forms, names means nothing, You could literally be called pooinloo and still be the same. Names are so fucking meaningless. Oh shit i forget the girls names. she gets mad. It's makes zero sense. name is not (you) the person who is inside your head is you and there is no name to it.

>t. mohammad allahu akbarus

this board is for politics not nihilistic identity crises

What the fuck kind of question is this? Names are for identifying somebody who is not there or for getting the attention of somebody who is.

This is now a politics thread. All replies must be about politics.

>this board is for politics not nihilistic identity crises
What the fuck is the difference anymore?

Marxists, everybody.

This is Marxism. Destroy the individual, steal liberty and replace it with peasantry. You are a cog.

you are anti human

die archon

Just give everyone a number.
fuck names, I agree with OP.

I want to fuck her so hard
I want to fuck these two as well

wtf I love Drumpf now

Names determine character

Sorry Shabonquiqui

Or white guys who wanna marry asian girls. That gets asked every 30 minutes or so.

>names, verbs and nouns are commin to literally every language in existence past or present, regardless of complexity or scope if the vocabulary
I hate pulling the linguistic analysis card but language is but a tool to convey information as quickly and efficiently as possible. Saying "harry" is faster than "fat unshaven cuck in his midtwenties who never got laid and has worn the same t-shirt for the last 6 days"

we should castrate all muslims like animals

I'm #1. Called it

>Having a nihilistic identity crisis
>In 2017
Found the leftist.

A name makes us a person, if u want to be a slave without rights feel free to call urself 'human 84827749021'

this

autistic high school turbosperg detected

go to class and stop being atheist

what's the difference ? there is none. LOL, sure i could be called 1054274247 or whatever

your little feelings got hurt?? sorry no offense just asking questions.

> r9k whining
> Sup Forums

No this is just babbys first "deep question"

Like what an asinine notion if the utility of names doesnt register in your mind its because youre being willfully ignorant. Even dogs and gorillas grasp the utility of a name.

This is the kind of "too smart to think" question that a 16 year old nihilist would ask

>can't into quoting

How's the first day? Liking the layout?

Kinda like numbers on a database really.

>Even dogs and gorillas grasp the utility of a name.

Thanks this answered it all. You compare yourself to gorilla and dogs. Nice, KEK

How about instead of identifying millions of IP addresses and routing them on the internet... just remove ip addresses! Like... whats the point?

anyone ever changed their name?

>the person who is inside your head is you
actually, the person inside your head is not you. It's what your mind tricks you into believing, but the real you is what you are when your ego is stripped away at the moment of death. This is part of why we fear death. Death of the ego is terrifying until you actually experience it.

No. Have you experienced this, user?

>forgetting peoples names
you are literally brain damaged

no

How else will you identify others You braindead commie? Numbers?

there is. Most names and surnames particularly descend from clansman mentality and it common among most cultures,ie johnson or the arabic ibn (which basically means son of"). Names also used to denote class or function ie potter, archer, etc (back in the feudal era craftsmanship were family trades). In short most of it is hereditary shit for ages past.

So why stick to it and not adopt numbers nowadays? Well because it's so engrained in our culture and when it comes to mnemotechnics, it's easier to remember and vocalise "Sam Davis" than 13673146473. So why fix something that isn't broken?

Stick to the psychedelic containment boards, David.

Call your rabbit Donald
Call another just rabbit

After caring for them a month choose one to kill for it's meat, it will be rabbit you will kill, that's a scientific fact, you just don't bond to it if you don't make it a person by assigning a name

Sure can happen and this would mean that you're free in the internet and don't need a number or name.

Talk to them learn them. They could be called 05 and that's just a number identify but it's still not the person it's just a number similar to names.

And what would you compare yourself to a gecko?

Names have utility and all higher mammals capable of complex communication understand this. The question posed is weaponized stupid. As Hobbes once said, its only through language and its use or misuse that true intelligence and true stupidity can be achieved.

You admit here that distinguishing between different persons is a valuable concept. This is what names do. Names are words that refer to specific people contextually. Your inability to make the connection and discount socio-historical and linguistic context is a stain on you, not on me. A name is no different than 'you' or 'them'. Try going a week without differentiating people.

also this. Hence turbosperg.

>they could be called 05

But they are still called something. And that name carries all the information you know about them. We dont call people 05 because there are lots of people, both past and present, and a name is a simpler method of codification than 019437293749273457.

You have to be in high school because these are really simple to connect dots

This

>Why should we have names?

True. We could just call you by your function: shit-posting faggot.

>. As Hobbes once said

Don't care about quote, give me your answer

>higher mammals capable of complex communication understand this

no evidence other than your emotional talk, because simple humans have these concepts which means it's should be. Laughable argument

Humans remember people's faces more than names.

Try going a week without differentiating people.

Easy just remember their faces, there names can be addresses to call them. This means names have nothing to do with them but their destination to make contact.

Hope you learn something Neanderthal

>names have no purpose except identifying and differentiating separate people

yes

no shit

this is exactly the fucking point you absolute mongoloid

How is pointing out the basic utility of a name and its universality among social mammals, WHICH YOU ARE an emotional argument?

>Humans remember people's faces more than names.

Which has virtually zero use in conversation because you cannot communicate thoughts directly you fucking mong

Youre fucking autistic

>How is pointing out the basic utility of a name and its universality among social mammals

What mammals? only fucking humans have names and there is no science behind it only because history tells you stupid fag.

UNDERSTAND NAMES MEANS NOTHING, IT'S JUST A WAY TO MAKE CONTACT. IF YOU DON'T GET THIS YOU'RE JUST STUPID.

Do you think if a child is born with a name like "fag" means it would be a fag when it grow up like you?

see this

>UNDERSTAND NAMES MEANS NOTHING
objectively incorrect, if they understood but did not value them, why would they respond to them?

> IT'S JUST A WAY TO MAKE CONTACT
yes

thats what Ive said multiple times

>Do you think if a child is born with a name like "fag" means it would be a fag when it grow up like you?

non sequiter.

The better question would be "would the child respond to fag? To which the answer would probably be yes. And that would still be the childs name. And it would be different from other names. And no less valuable in its utility as a name.

It bothers me that someone as legitimately stupid as you actually exists.

Yes there can be culture behind names but it's means nothing to that person who is born from start. He defines his own reality how he lives but most primitive humans indoctrinate them to live life of their culture or they just accept it

>The better question would be "would the child respond to fag? To which the answer would probably be yes. And that would still be the childs name. And it would be different from other names. And no less valuable in its utility as a name.

Holyshit you can't be this stupid!, of course he will response because that's his address to make contact.

Yes.

Its his name.

Thats what names are for.

>Why should we have names?
this is exactly why

this whole thread youve been answering your own question and insulting anyone who explained it to you

Is that Michelle Keegan?

Top slag.

other mammals can identify each other individually based on their scent and calls so you're more retarded than a rat

Behold! Autism!

Also: This isn't politics related

Don't you like your own name, Autismus Maximus?

how stoned are you right now?

Scent and names are totally different tard.

Humans remember peoples faces. Your point?

Olfactory bulb is close to where memories are stored in the brain, so scent and memory sort of go hand in hand.

Scents can trigger all sorts of memory, including associating a smell with someone's face.

Discover check, your move. Oh wait you're fucked! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Names are just designation which are sort of cosmetic as well.
They have no "higher meaning" but are useful.
Sort of like how we use the word "apple" to differentiate fruit or "tree", so we don't use long descriptive sentences such as:
"Please, pass me the round-sweet/sour-red/green skinned ball that grows on biological entities that extend from the ground."
And
"Hi, Homo sapiens with birth date on July 3 1982 14.53 hours. How's the weather?"

Practicality basically. it helps us reference something more easily.

>DUDE WHAT IF LIKE, WE DIDN'T HAVE NAMES, WOAH!
Fucking moron

If life is so meaningless why don't you Just kill yourself right now faggot.

It's been this long since anybody called my name that I cannot remember. It's been so long since my real name was ever used. All that I have seen was a bright screen showing diverse pseudonyms, or straightforwardly "Anonymous". I have named myself in some places, and in some places I wasn't even having a name.

I would forget my name if I lived that since I was a child. But I bear important memories about being called on my own first name. People get called on their first name all the time, right? Well, I don't.

I have been lately more of an "Anonymous" than the name I was assigned at birth.

A name comes as normal, whilst pseudonyms and "Anonymous" come with burden. They bring pestilence, they weigh down my soul. Sometimes, I wish I didn't even have a name so I would not feel bad for not having anybody to call me like that.

I agree with you, OP. Here's a toast for you.