How the fuck does Russia stay together politically?

How the fuck does Russia stay together politically?

It just seems too big for the government to cover all the areas to ensure political dissent doesn't turn into riots and then separatist movements.

Russia seems to big to keep a homogenous race and culture.

Why don't the people in the far east or the north get pissed because they don't have roads or running water?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kz9o9wpn6fw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=kz9o9wpn6fw

>Why don't the people in the far east or the north get pissed because they don't have roads or running water?

They don't even know they are in Russia.

The european part is mostly russian and relatively small. The asian part includes Siberia that is very scarcely polulated and then a few anclaves on the east that are also russian and thus share the culture. There are challenges, in particular chinese creeping through the border, but otherwise it somehow hols together.

I never understood how they secure such a massive border.

>not including Crimea in the map

good goy

the trick is making nobody want to live in russia

because most of the country is uninhabited emptiness. so there isnt any issues

They have China, Mongolia, Best Korea, and Kazakhstan as allies, so that secures most of their southern border. In the west, Belarus is solidly within Russia's sphere of influence, literally one step away from being a federal district of Russia, so that secures a part of their western border, plus their small buffer zone in Ukraine. So they only have the Caucasus border, Baltic States border, Finnish border, and the Ukrainian border to worry about.

They don't.

Heroin flows across the border and fucks up Siberia good.

L O L
O
L

FUCKIN' SHAMELESS SHIBBOLETH

>Why don't the people in the far east or the north get pissed because they don't have roads or running water?

Far east is not that bad..

You can't, that's where heroin and aids meme comes from

You shouldn't have given up Alaska. Being the only country on earth to span 3 continents would be cool.

Well, that's a very fucked up video you got there son

But then they would have had those shitty New World straight drawn borders.

Would have messed up the aesthetics of the country.

It was the right choice.

all the ethnic Russians speak the same language and have the same culture. It's not like Germany where a German from Bavaria and a German from Kiel are wildly different.

the minority groups have been under Russian administration for many centuries, most of them have been assimilated and speak Russian exclusively.

consider that the present day Russian Federation is a rump state missing the most important parts of Russia.

If you don't they will send 100 Ivan's to "convince" you otherwise

I think the story is the Chechnya seperatist commander requesting that the russian commander, Alek, pull his troops back from Grozny saying that they will all die and to think of their mothers.

The Russian Commander responds by saying he can't give that order, he has been given his commands and he will follow them.

The battle then goes, Russian commander goes into the city with basically only tanks and no infantry support. The Chechnyans have an RPG hiding around every corner and every floor of every building. The Russians get cut-off and pinned by RPG fire and they all die.

I think part of it is Alek asking for air support on the radio and being told none is coming. At least this from translations I've seen.

Russian Empire was cool but the USSR and Federation seem lame to me.

They sure as hell learnt that leason in chechnya but i thought that happened in 93 and i saw a timestamp from video that said 99

They probably pulled footage from a later period for the edit.