Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment
vimeo.com/199922977
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Rocks dropped from the moon
>rocks
>dropped
>from a celestial body with its own gravity

I get grannies don't know simple biology, busy physics too?

>114891353
Give me the gun please I've had enough of this planet

Mental illness.

I wonder what the logistics of setting up a weapons platform on the moon would be. Is it feasible with current technology?

It gets worse.

why would we need rocks from the moon when we already have 100s of nukes?

it's literally pointless

i mean it's possible, but financially retarded to do

That makes absolutely no fucking sense.

But if I threw the rock really really hard and coated it in heat resistant material, could I GI JOE, ZEUS, God Rod Earth to death?

She's technically right. Brianna Wu is a transfaggot but this isn't hard. Everything in space is "falling" one way or another. Kinetic bombardment is a legit theoretical weapon.

Her argument about privatization doesn't hold up. Whoever has the monopoly of the use of force makes the law. If it isn't a private company/entity then it's a government. The question is which?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

this is gonna start the rods from god shit again isnt it

My grandma didn't know the first thing about physics. Sup Forums is always right

Dude what a dumb photoshop nobody could be that fucking stupOMG ITS REAL

I feel bad for that bike.

It wouldn't work, even in theory.
Besides, our government could just deactivate the atoms rendering them ineffective.

But user don't rocks hurtle at our planet all the time?

Someone has read The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

And we better get there first because whoever gets it, is going to have a huge advantage. Fuck the Outer Space Treaty. Once you have kinetic bombardment capability and a monopoly on space, you can shoot down your enemies' attempts at sending up their own weapon systems to space.

Too bad liberals are too "humanitarian" to think in terms of realpolitik. If the West doesn't get its act together, then another power that doesn't have our values will get their weapon system in space first. If that happens, we're fucked. Shooting things in space from earth is a lot harder than shooting from space.

Without this strategic understanding, the West will dawdle until it's too late. And there will be no collective will to get it done while we have nigger/muslim-loving liberals in our midst.

Yeah but as far as I understand the moon makes no difference. Why wouldn't we just launch satellites into space right now and "drop" a dense object from orbit instead of wasting time with the fucking moon

can you fucking imagine his fucking campaign? god, i want to watch it, just for the keks.

when does wu-trans clan go up for election over there?

lol Vote for Brianna

>Comparing theoretically launching tungsten rods from satellites to dropping rocks from the moon

Wew

why fire rocks from the moon that will typically burn up on entry when you could just use nukes
why spend all the money throwing rocks from the moon

Ayy

>fucking
>crazy
>person

2018, I believe.

>woman

That's what you would do in reality. Drop tungsten rods from space.

The moon is a harsh mistress.

that's hilarious. i wonder how all those puff writing fucks who were sucking his dick for interviews a few years ago will be feeling now.

>healthy
>woman

At least it's a miss.

Yes. One just fits unwanted two year olds with cement boots and deposits them on the moon. Then tell them the bogey man is coming up from below.

There should be a law. If 100.000 people vote for you to die you should be publicly executed.

>her

Yes but not all the way from the fucking moon because that would be a retarded waste if time, correct?

is john off his meds or some shit
where is all this moon bs coming from

>Rocks dropped from [the moon] have power of 100s of nuclear bombs

>be apollo 15 astronaut
>attempt to demonstrate gallilean theory that objects fall at the same rate regardless of mass
>accidentally blow up the moon

The Man on the Moon is not a transformer, faggot.

Does everyone in Australia make sure to use preferred gender pronouns?

John was already pubically executed

I reich this

no, we're just cunts

spend 10 years in college no degree or anything but you know

Yea it would take days for it to reach it's target.

Gravity is a social construct you shitlords.

Do they have debates for that elected position? I can't wait to see that.
>Mrs. Wu, what is your position on taking in Syrian refugees fleeing terrorism?
>"I can totally relate, when I was a victim of cyber terrorism during #GamerGate..."

No, she's fucking wrong.

You know why we went to the moon? Because we figured it's the high ground and could be used for precisely this sort of thing. You know why we stopped going to the moon? Because we realized it isn't the high ground and any kind of facility there would be both easily visible and easily destroyed.

If you want kinetic weapons, you build Rods from God which were similarly scrapped for having worse ROI than missiles, or do what we're doing now and build railguns that can fire into the upper atmosphere on a moment's notice.

This is just Wu trying to incite a moral panic as he always does.

I think the greatest idiocy is that, from a purely tactical stand point, a space station is far more useful than the moon, because you could MOVE a space station
WTF are you going to do from the moon when it's daytime where you want to shoot?
I mean, ignoring the idiocy of the physics behind dropping rocks from the moon.
The moon is far more suited for energy/resource based development than military development.

I desperately want him to melt down on stage and start screaming buzzinsults at his opponent.

It's the moon rock people are objecting to, not the kinetic bombardment part.

>He's technically right
Nope, he's wrong. Kinectic bombardment only works because satellites orbits the earth at insane speed and that speed would be transferred to kinectic force if you were to drop a heavy object and even then most of the energy would be lost to the atmosphere. What the retarded faggot said is that our gravity is massive and a rock dropped from the moon would accelerate to insane speeds increasing its power to something comparable not only to a nuclear bomb but 100s of them. Firstly the rocks would lose mass as it enters the earth atmosphere, then gravity and air resistance would make the rock reach its terminal velocity like any object that falls through the sky. In order to have an impact in the same magnitude of 100s of nuclear bombs you would have to drop maybe a quarter of the entire moon on earth or maybe more. Just for reference we get hit constantly by big rocks travelling at insane speed in the universe and most of them disintegrate before hitting the ground and whatever is left of them reachs terminal velocity before hitting the ground.

Someone should tweet him that moon rocks identify as cheese.

No, she's a retard. Dropped from the moon is no different than dropped from halfway to the moon, or even closer.

Jesus Christ, just fucking retarded all over.

His career is over.

>But if I threw the rock really really hard and coated it in heat resistant material, could I GI JOE, ZEUS, God Rod Earth to death?

Conservative of energy you fucking mongols.

In order to throw a rock from the moon/orbit to the ground with high energy you will need to burn three times that energy equivalent in rocket fuel.

Might as well just make a massive fuel
bomb

Just make a city siized barrel of rocket fuel and drop it on other contry, sounds easier and more effective

She's not wrong about Earth being a gravity well, but she fails to mention that the Moon is inside of it too. lol

Saw this same thread a couple days ago, and I think the conclusion we all came to is that the idea is retarded. While it would theoretically work, the energy and fuel costs required to move a rock containing enough mass to cause the energy release of a nuclear explosion would be prohibitively enormous. It would be far easier to use regular old ballistic missiles to level a city.

what I don't get is...
does he legitimately think he can hide what he is?
Or is it possible that he's not truly trans, but has that condition where your genes are fucked and your not presenting as either?

>She's technically right

Not really. Proposals like the rods don't come anywhere close to "100s of nukes" and don't even involve the moon. If I claimed I could blow a bear's head clean off by punching it in the nose, am I "technically right" just because it might hurt a bit? No, it'd be complete bullshit just like the idea of Tesla Lord Musk raining city killers from his moon palace.

He might have a point if he was talking about asteroid mining, but this is just "BAN PRIVATE SPACEFLIGHT BEFORE EEEEVIL CORPORATIONS REENACT THE GI JOE MOVIE"

Can someone make a kikestarter for professionally printing and framing this cap and distributing it to every leftist shithead memeing about how much more they "understand science"?

He's a guy. His pre-tranny photos are floating around here somewhere. He looked like Ronald McDonald on heroin.

I still can't believe it expects to get into congress. Fucking retard.

I knew Assachusetts was a shithole but damn.

>Everything in space is "falling" one way or another. Kinetic bombardment is a legit theoretical weapon.

No it isnt.
Your kinetic weapon in orbit is a high state of energy object in our gravity field.
So first you have to
-spend energy to get it up there
-SPEND ENERGY TO STOP IT AND MAKE IT FALL

and considering it has to have any destructive potential it has to be massive

So you have to make a rocket that can drive a massive object to an orbital velocoty (in order to drop it)

AND PUT IT IN A BIGGER ROCKET THAT CAN PUT THAT ROCKET IN ORBIT

THE VERY IDEA OF THIS IS FUCKTARDED

they'll either ignore/overlook it or double down and attack anyone laughing at Wu

Oh yeah and if you want to see its campaign ad:
vimeo.com/199922977
>Mentioning GamerGate in your fucking campaign ad

He's just batshit fucking crazy.
While he was attending college, he had restraining orders against him because he was prone to exploding in fits of rage for little to no reason. One of those restraining orders mandated that he couldn't visit the school paper because when they turned him down after he tried to get them to publish a cartoon, he started trashing the place and throwing shit at people while screaming at the women in the building that they were all stupid dykes, and after seeing a middle eastern guy, he started calling him a raghead and a sand nigger until he was finally forced to leave.
He immediately violated the restraining orders every time and his millionaire parents kept bailing him out.

That doesn't mean he is trans
people who are intersexed often take awhile to decide which sex that want to live their life as, since they can't really be one or the other.
I just don't know why he's hiding it, when he's so vocal about the community...

Do you have any idea how much energy it'd take to launch a rock large enough to do damage to the earth?

I am studying physics and she is fucking retarded

>You waste the energy of 100 atomic bombs into throwing a fucking big rock to defeat moon's gravity
>Shit starts getting smaller as enters the atmosphere
>The rock is too small and terminal velocity makes it even less useful
>Everyone spots your stupid rock, 0 casualties
>Your enemies laugh at your for taking strategical advice from a fucking tranny

No.

Not only that

You will need that energy squared.
You have to launch that rock into orbit with enough fuel to deorbit it.

This 100% explains why he wants to be a she.

He wants his past transgressions to be erased via transition. The whole "dead naming" thing is a way slimy trannies try to get around past shit behavior.

Not surprising at all.

that's really sad
>republicans are ebil
>soundbyte soundbyte
>I will be stronk
>I stood up to internet trolls
>we need a [generic word for better] party
>exceedingly dated contrived photo of him next to a bike because literally no one will vote for him once they even see his face

>confusing the CBR600RR for the YZF-R6

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how do we avoid the timeline where she wins

nah bruh a 1000% percent better to just come up with mind control weapons as we have all along - they could put whatever they want in space. They would be doing it for us when you flip the switch.

Pretty much this.

Rods from God are really nice for some things though, no strange materials needed, no ecological problems, minimal collateral damage, good penetration. All sorts of niceness, the expensive part is getting it up there in the first place.

The only way moon bombardment becomes at all feasible is if it has already had infrastructure built for mining and material refining, and mass drivers able to breach escape velocity in place. In which case you could probably drop some heavy rocks wrapped in steel and ablative shielding for reentry and do some damage. But if humanity is at the point where we have a moonbase of that magnitude there will probably be better ways to kill people or better ways to manage orbital defense.

>woman

Oh honey, my honey donnie bear...

We must get together and summon him. Only Kek is powerful enough to shift timelines.

Ayo hold up hold up.

Since Saudi Arabia funds terrorism.
And we're suppose to stop terrorism.
Are you saying we should stick a bunch of fuel underneath their country and light them up?

>confusing the CBR600RR for the YZF-R6
It was my first guess. I've actually owned a CBR900 and an R1.

ebin

Alright professor, lets cut the nerd speak and say it in a language I can understand.

>Always wondered why the space race was such a big deal.
>Realize now that America and Russia were rushing to be the first ones to harness moon rocks as a one up from nukes.

someones read Heinleins "the moon is a harsh mistress"

I mean, she's right, but for the wrong reason.

If we don't get our shit together and unify humanity under a single government, where our system's celestial bodies can be the common heritage to all men, at the very least it should belong to America as a whole.
Space is too important to let the private sector have its way with it.

>1/r^2

>she

implying anything other then corporations could revive the space race at this point
we need them to compete with each other trying to get to the stars so we can all piggback on those advancements
only way to do that is if they find some way to make it marketeable
sad but true

>making shit up

A rock about 2.1-2.2 km in size hitting at around 10-12 km/s is equivalent to all atom bombs put together (not tested bombs, but all that have been made).

Not even 1 part in 1 million of the moon is necessary to exceed the power of the entire nuclear arsenal of all nations combined.

The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

Even in this sci-fi masterpiece rocks were not dropped but hurled. Escape velocity on Moon is 2.4 km/s.

I think a rock would burn up in the atmosphere, it would have to be a very dense metal rod, perhaps shielded with pottery.

WE. MUST. NOT. ALLOW THE FASCIST REPUBLICANS TO SEIZE CONTROL OF THE MOON

space war now

>user can't get laid
>user goes on a rock throwing spree