Folks... Let's finish the Washington Monument

Folks... Let's finish the Washington Monument.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vDI-afx6ejk
youtu.be/2gTib_AxVlY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>make it happen

Can you explain to me what you're trying to accomplish with this thread?

Looks like a drain plunger here. Appropriate for draining the DC swamp

It would create thousands of jobs, finish a national monument so it actually makes sense, and reinstall a spirit of creativity into the people, if there was demand to finish the Washington Monument. We don't make beautiful monuments anymore. It's all shitty, small-scale minimalst modernist garbage. Let's finish something grand and beautiful.

Why is it shaped weirdly in those pictures and not like an obelisk? And yeah, I'd like to see that bottom part fleshed out.

I'm not sure why the top is pointed more than it was supposed to be. Might have something to do with the project being picked up 30 years after it had to be halted.

No.

You are literally doing this:
youtu.be/vDI-afx6ejk
Skip to 1:00

> It would create thousands of jobs
So would digging and re-filling ditches, what about it? It doesn't mean its generating accumulated capital to increase productivity and is economically useless/inefficient.
> finish a national monument so it actually makes sense
It looks fine as is and people aren't clamoring for anything extra when it will just mean extra taxes to pay for it.
> reinstall a spirit of creativity into the people,
LOL no it won't
> We don't make beautiful monuments anymore. It's all shitty, small-scale minimalst modernist garbage. Let's finish something grand and beautiful.
If you want to do something new and monumental just look into something new. Start looking into something like the Volksalle or the Palace of the Soviets and doing something similar in a modern setting.

No, there is no "touch of the new" it's literally finishing the thing exactly as intended.

Ok but real talk with a little tweaking of the bottom bit so its not a carbon copy of the white house the skyscraper looks better in federal style

Also how is finishing the monument as intended corrupting its integrity?

>digging and re-filling ditches
Wouldn't create something eternal.
>It looks fine as is
No, nobody really likes it. It's incomplete.
>LOL no it won't
LOL yes it will
>you want to do something new and monumental just look into something new.
That comes next.

>It looks fine as is and people aren't clamoring for anything extra when it will just mean extra taxes to pay for it.
probably not desu the federal budget is absurd

>If you want to do something new and monumental just look into something new. Start looking into something like the Volksalle or the Palace of the Soviets and doing something similar in a modern setting.
Id be ok with this desu.

>as intended
Sure. But it's combining the Egyptian Obelisk with a generic Roman/neoclassical base. That is the point. It doesn't look good combined together

Yes it does so.

It probably wouldn't be paid for with federal taxes but local taxes.

I can actually agree the base would need some work to not be tacky as fuck, but it could definitely still be a roman/federal style obelisk and look good.

Because desu the thing looks like shit

>We don't make beautiful monuments anymore.

because they're immature and pointless. notice how only broke-ass 'i need they world to know im cool' coultries are the only ones who still build monuments.

youtu.be/2gTib_AxVlY
"What are you, his fuckin' mom?"

Okay Schlomo

>It would create thousands of jobs
Rebuilding America's failing bridges would create far more.
And eight years of Obama have left us with low unemployment anyway.

>We don't make beautiful monuments anymore.
Go to DC, check out the WW2 monument, and stop making up "alternative facts" to support your bullshit position.

>Rebuilding America's failing bridges would create far more.
Why not both?

>And eight years of Obama have left us with low unemployment anyway.
>welfare is employment
>le 5%

>Go to DC, check out the WW2 monument, and stop making up "alternative facts" to support your bullshit position.
1) Its ok. Not a flop, hardly a marvel or a testament equivalent to the efforts of our troops in the war. Plus you can have monuments for things besides soldiers dying in jew wars

2) weve got a couple more monuments were gonna have to do soon. Unless we just keep pretending were not at war.

>Why not both?
Because we'll need to rebuild the bridges eventually, while adding even more greco-roman folderol to America's "front lawn" is just a wastes of resources.
Have you been there lately?
They've got a LOT more monuments than when I was a kid. If we're going in for even more marble, let's put up a Iraqi War monument, or one for the Afghan war.
We've already got monuments for Korea, Vietnam, WW2, etc.
Let's save some room for the last two wars.

>Because we'll need to rebuild the bridges eventually, while adding even more greco-roman folderol to America's "front lawn" is just a wastes of resources.

I think you underestimate how wealthy America actually is. If we stopped exporting all our money and stopped destroying our infrastructure theres literally not much we could achieve. We could cut 1.8 trillion dollars from our federal expenditures without touching Medicare/Medicaid, veterans benefits, science spending or Military spending. But obviously medicare/medicaid should be cut and streamlined.

Its why it grinds my gears so much when people laugh at the idea of a moon base.

>Let's save some room for the last two wars.
>weve got a couple more monuments were gonna have to do soon. Unless we just keep pretending were not at war.

I can dig it

No matter how much money we have, one more national lawn ornament should rank pretty low on the spending priority list.
And if we do build even more monuments, adding more crap to an existing one should be very low on THAT list.
Besides, I don't really see the base as an improvement.
And because DC was built on a swamp, the existing foundation is sketchy enough without adding a crap ton of marble to the immediate area.

>But obviously medicare/medicaid should be cut and streamlined.
Wait....
So health care for retired Americans and working poor 'obviously" should be cut, but we should spend millions on a pure vanity project????

Make it obelisk for KEK.

"The welfare state helps people"

Sick meme my dude.

I bet you think the abolition of Social Security is bad too

I like it