The Academy Awards did the best possible thing in the worst possible way last night...

The Academy Awards did the best possible thing in the worst possible way last night, when it conferred Moonlight the Oscar for Best Picture.

But in the middle of the La La Land team giving their round of acceptance speeches, they were told that the award had actually gone to Moonlight, and that team was then invited on stage as an afterthought. In the shuffle, host Jimmy Kimmel tried to assuage the clear disappointment of the La La Land’ers saying, “I think you guys should keep it anyway.” That’s not how this works, Jimmy Kimmel. That’s not how any of this works!

It is both entirely obvious and absolutely necessary to say that this incident is an apt metaphor for thinking about the politics of race and diversity in America. It has taken multiple decades of struggle to even arrive at a universe where a movie with the emotional and artistic complexity of Moonlight, a movie that puts black characters and communities at its center, would have a shot at multiple Oscars. Then it won the evening's biggest prize of all, but only after being told it lost.

This debacle brought into stark relief just exactly how messy it is and will continue to be to make traditionally white institutions more diverse and inclusive. This is the scary part of what it means for white people to challenge white privilege: it means sometimes they will lose. More than that, it means they will have to endure the humiliation of losing when they were so entirely sure they had won.

Institutional racism is often hard to see because we can’t point to an individual person who had bad intentions. Thus we are often taught to think that structural discrimination isn’t real. But institutional racism isn’t about a single actor or intent; it's about impact. Sunday night’s comedy of errors is only laughable because it's an awards show.

cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/movies/a8986489/moonlight-was-robbed-of-its-moment/

Not my best picture. I demand a recount, it was the russians

SOME DUMBASS BACKSTAGE GOT DISTRACTED AND GAVE WARREN BEATTY THE WRONG CARD

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, NOT RACIAL DISCRIMINATION, NOT SOME DUMBASS BIAS BULLSHIT, NOT A GODDAMN WHITE SUPREMACY CONSPIRACY, BUT A MOTHERFUCKING ACCIDENT

STAHP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAHP

Fucking hell, they can't ever be pleased, can they? They would have kicked and screamed had La La Land gotten the award, but because they now have the award they want, they have to scream that a simple mistake was racist and whitey so evil. Cunts.

>Jews crying because they fucked up while rigging their game of movie dredel.

Really makes you think.

>Millionares giving other millionaire trophy on who did a good job based on who payed the academy more.

Do people actually take the Oscar's seriously?

>celebs have any influence

Niggers don't even watch thesexx shitty movies.

Lol first post pretty nice post to be sure

Why are you lecturing people who dont like Hollywood for something Hollywood did that you disagree with

Show me on the doll where David Brock touched you.

For a leaf, you're pretty OK.

sorry, its been along while since i could think about caring about any of the bloviating identity politics lefty drivel

>Institutional racism is often hard to see because we can’t point to an individual person who had bad intentions.

Jesus fucking Christ they're acting like
Moonlight is the first black movie to win an Oscar.

Oh my god I totally have the most amazing idea

The real Best Picture was Hacksaw Ridge and everyone knows that deep down.

>2016+1
>Watching the film jew

i like the fact that they gave it to an all black movie about black homosexuals and how terrible the black community is to them. take you oscar and like it black people. now fix yer shiet.

how is it that it never happened b4 n the entire history of the oscars tho? is it because a blk lady is in charge?

Racism is when you make the oscars all about the actors' race

Media btfo?

>actually watching the (((oscars)))

La la land had plenty of black characters. If you pay attention, you can see the racial quota at work, over artistic talent or merit.

Fuck mediocre moonlight. Cant hold a candle to La La Land. Price Waterhouse Coopers dindu anything wrong.

I'm not buying the whole mix up (we had 2 envelopes) story. Emma said in her interview that she had the envelope for best actress and there is no good reason to have 2.

>there is no good reason to have 2.
Didn't stop Clint Eastwood and plenty of others.

Apparently most of the niggers are angry that the movie shows them as faggots. They're really insecure about that.

It did happen to Sammy Davis Jr. though. He announced the wrong Best Score in 1964.

>last night

Get over it. This was already so long ago

This. Checked

>it's the night of the oscar jew 2018
>2017 oscar jew was big success
>it felt good handing out trophies to black movie-makers because as everyone knows black movie-makers are most unrecognized of all movie-makers
>all black movie-makers are literally kubric but nobody knows because oscar jew has been holding them back
>not happening with oscar jew 2018 though
>oscar jew 2018 has added a new category
>best tyler perry in a tyler perry movie
>meryl streep is on stage to present the award
>she is grinning from ear to ear
>"in 2018 the oscar jew finally decided to recognize the greatest hidden figure in movie-making." she says
>"tyler perry challenges us"
>she pauses for an inordinate amount of time
>"he challenges us to think about race"
>"which we almost never do every five minutes."
>there are shots of oscar jew audience and they all look deep in thought.
>"and here are the nominees"
>"tyler perry's: madea puts a whoopin on they kids"
>"tyler perry's: madea goes to the outside where white folk be sleepin not in they bed but on the ground in big socks"
>"tyler perry's: madea holds a queef so long she burps it out her mouth"
>"tyler perry's: madea puts ungodly amounts of spice on her food"
>"tyler perry's: madea puts a whoopin on they kids 2"
>there is a 5-way split screen of tyler perry with his fingers crossed looking very anxious
>meryl streep opens the card
>"and the winner is tyler perry"
>"for madea holds a queef"
>audience in full standing ovation as tyler perry takes the stage
>tyler perry appears a little choked-up now that he's holding a real oscar jew
>it's difficult but he's able to do his 'madea voice'
>"Errr I been holdin dis pussy burp all they tree days"
>***BELCH***
>"OH THEY IT GOES"
>audience still full standing ovation
>many taking selfies to remember the most diverse and progressive oscar jew in history
>the 2018 oscar jews.

I'm not passing any sort of judgment but its been a known fact that they have two of every envelope for years now.

if this was reversed
>moonlight accidentally announced as winner
>real winner was la la land
can you imagine? they got exactly what they wanted and they're still complaining. if this was reversed they'd be rioting.

Oh man an Oscar chimpout would be epic.

they sat there watching social media in fear of niggers crying racists
they called la la land because that is the movie they chose.
as soon as nigglets started going boo hoo welfare welfare gimiie gimmie
they made up some none sense about wrong card and gave the award to nigglets so the would not be called racists again
if the nogs on social media didnt cry , they would have let la la keep it.

I've stopped watching nigger movies. I can't relate to that. Even if they got an Oscar, I don't care.

It was probably just a politeness Oscar anyway.

>we made history within our closed community after filling the ranks with colored folk to replace older white members.
>surprise they all voted for niggers

They embarrassed La La Land and had white people handing over the trophy, but it's not enough.

They have a better than demographic proportion number of the awards in modern times, yet every fucking year it's not enough.

Nevermind that hispanics and asians are the ones actually underrepresented because all they talk about with their fucking #oscarssowhite hashtags is more blacks and less whites.

Even though white winners are proportional to demographics and a good chunk of that group are actually jewish, which makes jews the most overrepresented group.

Fuck everything about this.

Moonlight wasn't robbed of shit. No one cares about the Oscars. A fuckup like this got them more attention then they would have had otherwise.

Fuck off victim.

>grab wrong card
>presenter sees problem
>women presenter jumps in because she's an idiot
>oops, embarrasing gaff

This is not a civil rights moment. Remember, moonlight was a complete flop, and at the end of the day, no one went to see it.

>This is not a civil rights moment. Remember, moonlight was a complete flop, and at the end of the day, no one went to see it.

This. In the end this fuckup gave them more then they could have asked for. More people will see it because of spam stories about how the Oscars fucked up.

Oh, my God! This can only be resolved by full and complete reparations by whitey!

It was suspicious the guy said
>my blue eyed wife is so beautiful
Almost like it was planned to show racist Whites get BTFO.

Let's all address the elephant in the room and it is this fucking retarded Asshole. Was he racist? Most likely.

Why are they not more upset that instead of winning an award on merit, after a year of backlash against the academy, they get the award as the token blacks?