Why can't you hunt with semi-autos?

Why can't you hunt with semi-autos?
You can sling lead with a pump action almost as fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/li/uconsCheck.cfm?yr=2016&sessInd=0&act=168
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can.

Not in some states

Name one.

I'm pretty sure you can in the US.

I can, nigger.

You can but unless you're dying of hunger, it defeats the point of hunting altogether.

Pennsylvania

Until recently in PA you couldn't.
Tom Wolf (D) surprisingly passed a bill to allow and it will be finalized in March.

I hunt with my 10mm 1911 every year.

I believe it was illegal in Pennsylvania until just this year.

Pretty sure they lifted that one.

Serbro knows the deal.

If you hunt w/ semi-auto, you're no hunter.

You're garbage.

t. hunter and game warden

The PGC’s proposed new rules allow the use of semi-auto rifles for both small and large game on every species for which there is currently a season — provided the total ammunition capacity of the rifle does not exceed six (5+1) rounds. Full-metal-jacketed ammunition would continue to be prohibited for deer, bear and elk hunting

>Muh magazine limits
But seriously, that's bullshit. They don't make 6 round magazines for PTR-91s

>until recently

okay, so your shitty post has no point, because you can.

How? Just because you have more than one shot doesn't mean you use it. I know people with bolt actions that shoot half a dozen times at the same deer because it is stupid and doesn't move.

Still working on it. Shits gay as fuck.

You're comparing skilled bolt action prodigies with a regular Joe and his bubba'd AR. Knowing that your followup shot is seconds away makes you appreciate the initial one. For me, hunting is 90% prepwork, stalking and setting up shop while the forest is asleep. A semi auto has no place in that world of mine. Just a personal opinion.

The point of hunting is to kill an animal, no? So why do you care how? Is it supposed to be a challenge? If so, why use a gun at all? Use a bow or spear.

nobody's perfect, there will be a time your shot isn't perfect. Is it better for the animal to Ron and die find i nobody's perfect, there will be a time your shot isn't perfect. Is it better for the animal to run and die without being found or to take a quick follow up shot and kill it quickly?

>I hunt with 10mm Auto
fixed

We'll where I hunt. In the morning I go to a bottom or clear cut, chosen for the wind and activity I've seen (sometimes with a camera). Then use a climber and wait, rifle makes zero difference.

An afternoon hunt is spent in a field plot in either a climber or box stand. Again rifle makes no difference.

You might want to look into hog hunting if spraying bullets in the forest is your type of thing. If you do everything right, you will only need that one bullet in 90% of the cases.

Yeah, it just came before the General Assembly as a bill.

They need to work on hunting on Sundays next.

game wardens carry semi autos

And also. With a semi auto you'd be lucky to get off a second shot. With the recoil throwing your aim way off you then have to find a running animal in your scope and hit them. Not easy at all.

God I fucked that up.

what's that rifle chambered in?

Not saying it's easy, just unnecessary in my opinion. Keyword here being 'my opinion'. We don't have to agree on this, but it's good to know there's hunters out there.

Actually, it passed

legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/li/uconsCheck.cfm?yr=2016&sessInd=0&act=168

>guys look i can kill an innocent being

how's your relationship with yourself? why don't you take down a pedophile politician and take a picture? pussy trash.

Who said anything about spraying? I've dropped every of the dozens of deer with only one shot. Most with my AR.

In that particular case I'm talking about the other 10%. What part of "nobody's perfect, there will be a time your shot isn't perfect." don't you understand.

nm 6.8spc upon closer inspection

Kill yourself, faggot.

Can't hunt squirrels with a 10/22?

This is the most retarded thing ive ever read. You have never shot a gun before in your life.

Didn't know about that load, cool.

murder thyself

Ohio.
You can use fucking anything here to hunt coyote, boar, and other varmints.

For deer, it's a bit different because you're restricted to 3 rounds, so a semi auto shotgun would be fine.
But we do have the stupid "Straight walled cartridge" rifle rule, which kinda sucks because there's not many semi auto rifles chambered in .44 mag or .357.

Why would you defile every hunting tradition out there by using a guarantee kill?
What happened to being precise, patient and aware of your surroundings?

Should I buy a ptr91 with a 16 or 18 inch barrel?

Apparently you lose some velocity (how much?) with the 16 inch barrel, it is louder and has more recoil.

the 18 inch barrel makes it top heavy and the accuracy difference isn't noticeable inside of 200 yards.

You should only ever use bolt action. Quickscope/no scope. At least a 360 for the final kill.

Are you faggots even trying?

----> /k

I think here in SC you can use Semi-auto, But shot guns can only have 3 shells at a time.

This chart will help.
There's only a small difference in velocity in the whole 16in vs 18in thing.

Not all of us. At least not here. But yes, some game wardens use semi-autos when culling, to ensure an efficient and humane cull. Culling, however, is not hunting.

See above. Most people who hunt do it to prove their worth as hunters, trackers and woodsmen more than their shot. Being a good hunter means getting close enough not to botch a shot and not firing when you're not completely sure of it.

I can hunt with semiautos but most of the time I dont because they are too loud

clean your rifle you disgusting cunt

Go hunt in bear territory without one.

Fuck that, I gotta eat.

That'll do, pig.

Then buy your meat from actual hunters.
It helps them and saves you time and bullets.

You realize that real guns get dirty a lot easier compared to your airsoft gun?

>muh tradition

Fine than hunt without scope with a traditional muzzleloader or a crossbow. Or even better a spear you modernist uncultured swine.

Found the faggot

One word - range.

Irrelevant.

Call of duty plz go

Every hunter I know from 4 villages hunt without scopes.

>modernist uncultured swine
Look whos talking, faggot. Go throw grenades in the lake to "fish".

>assault weapons

Kek, just exposed yourself as not belonging.

Hey, guys, I think I just found a way to reliably root out the shills. Left-wingers can't stand the site of dead animals, even if they're going to be food.

Just look up any nature documentary on youtube, and its full of "Why'd that lion have to kill that poor gazelle? Why didn't it just go to the supermarket?

Dude it's not hard to build a block to limit a magazine.

No I agree with you that you should treat the animals with respect and honour them, I do hunt with muzzleloaders as I do with semiautos. Depends on the occassion and how I feel.

But just because you HAVE a semi auto doesnt mean you need to empty the magazine.

But its helpful especially when you have to decimate (its not really huntign anymore) wildboars which became a plague in Germany recently.

>.357

but then you can get something cool like a Henry lever gun like a boss

Your new Germans want them gone?

Effective range is quite different for rifle and 12 cal pump-action.

I guess so and I looked it up and they do make mini mags

So i was doubly wrong

If an animal is a danger to the wildlife or anyone arround it because its fucking too much then go full australian and mount machine guns on your truck, sure.

But we're talking about hunting.

>imagine being proud of "hunting" with a high powered advanced firearm that took hundreds of people to produce

Fucking LARPers

They want us gone.

No its because farmers make a dime on planting high energy plants like canola which is used to make fuel out of it.
This means they cover every last bit of their fields with that stuff so the wild boars dont even have to sneak out at night but can directly go from the forest ot the field and fele save.

And you know that the more energy a female wildboar gets the more often it can breed per year and the more young boars it will have.

This lead to skyrocketing numbers.

An to the semis it depends on the hunter. To me its ridiculous to say that somebody isnt a good hunter just because he uses a semi. Its BS.

You realize that there are semi auto shotguns as there are rifles? What is your point?

>insulting people on the internet with your computer device which took thousands of people to invent and produce

cuck

>an user getting emotionally upset over a "cute" pig
mostly likely a femanon or trannyanon desu

>It's not hunting if you can use follow-up shots!

OP was about pump action. Goalposts, man.

Pest control is not considered hunting.

Where does he talk about pump actions? Pump actions are not semi auto. You dont make sense

Farmers who grow crops for fuel should be shot in the first order. There is hardly something more harmful to environment as this.

Re-read .

I know. But I still hunt with my AR as humanely as I hunt with my savage bolt action.

I agree. It also decimates the Lebensraum for rabbits and pheasants

Yeah OP is pointing out that the rules against semi auto hunting are ridiculous

Airsoft

That pic is so stupid. Plenty of ammunition used for hunting has higher calibre than assault rifle ammunition. No-gun liberal confusing their delusions with reality again.

>a wild boar pissed off and charging right at you and you've got an airsoft gun
that would suck

Hmm. I was unaware hunters had access and made use of automatic grenade launchers.

Really made me think

You can in some states. They usually impose a mag cap though.

in florida IIRC semi autos cannot hold more than 5 rounds WHILE HUNTING

we want people to accurately place shots

>muh hunting meme
lots of semi autos are much lighter than bolt action counter parts, mainly because they shoot MUCH SMALLER BOOLETS
(cept in special cases like the SCAR-H/FAL/cetme/vepr)

its about weight you turbo faggot

an AR is about 5~ pounds
a typical hunting rifle (which again shoots a MUCH LARGER bullet) weighs in around 10lbs

Pissed off and mildly wounded wild boar charging at hunter from 2-barrel shotgun range (one barrel already empty) is quite a sight. Had a chance in my life to see it. Target of the charging boar is quite small, hard, animal is fast, furious and is going to maim you. Hunter was lucky, leg artery was missed and boar did not get second attack - was shot by other huntsman. But this hunt ended in hospital nevertheless.

More like 7 pounds + scope

5.56 is designated for small game in my state as using it on medium to large game would be cruel :P

Even in cucked France we can. Although limited to 2 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber, and the magazine needs to be permanently fixed. The rest of the world has got hunting semi-auto rifles with detachable 5 or 10 rounds mags, but we got the same rifles modified to have the magazine rotate open. Top fucking lel, I loathe this country and the hunting lobby with their retarded bullshit "hurr muh hunting ethics, you don't need no more than 3 rounds durr". Soon it's going to be "you don't need more than 2 rounds" so that everything but O/U and SxS guns can be banned, and next "you don't need more than one round", so that everything but single shit can be banned. Then it'll be like Australia "one shot is enough for a man to kill his wife" so that all guns are banned altogether.

It's true though. Off hand a FAL and hit a running deer at 20o yds through a scope.

I think you can, it would be extremely stupid and dangerous to hunt game like wild hogs with manual-action rifles.

On the 14th of this month the EU will vote anyways to take away your semi autos so dont worry about it

Remove piggy

Fairly certain you are able but you have to follow guidelines about what caliber you can use and how many shots you can hold in the magazine.

Much easier to move around in tight places too.

12 or 16 cal 2-barrel shotguns in Estonia were (and still are) quite common in wild boar hunting.

That is unfortunately illegal over here :