What does Sup Forums think about real hippies from the 60s?

what does Sup Forums think about real hippies from the 60s?

I know a couple real deal hippies and they are pretty much the opposite of the modern day liberals

>hate the government
>have guns
>spend all day watching infowars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vND53ZrQD9M
youtube.com/watch?v=rjylxvQqm0U
youtube.com/watch?v=E86gWQs-ios
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The hippie movement was based on a sound spiritual foundation, but most of them didn't give a shit about that they just wanted free sex and drugs.

The ones who stayed as hippies up until the modern day are usually pretty woke, or complete drug addicted asshole mooches.

This.
Free love was a mistake though.

treemember that the name"hippie" came from them being moral hypocrites.

I did not know that

they ruined america

Modern day liberals are the establishment, it'd make sense for hippies to be the opposite of them.

Well, there was a split in the hippie movement. The anarchistic freaks were into freedom, capitalism (or at least tweaking capitalism in interesting ways) and in the USA Americana - westerns, guns, the Road, etc.

The other wing were the lefties, who grafted their politics onto the freaks and got a huge boost from the draft, which made even pro-american freaks anti-war and anti-government. The freaks were also casual racists. They were red pilled on race. For example, Ken Kesey's pranksters and the Grateful Dead were largely military vets and avoided politics. The Laurel Canyon hippie crowd in LA was much more rightwing then is often realized as well. David Crosby was always packing heat and there were a ton of connections between the canyon scene and the military and intelligence community.

The freaks looked up to Jack Kerouac, who was a serious conservative, as well as lots of other legacy americans.

Over time, the freaks died out and became regular people. The lefties are still with us, and have hijacked the imagery and the retconned the hippie narrative.

The lefties also won out in the end as they had no complaints about the drugs and degeneracy of the lifestyle, while the rightist freaks were alienated from the mainstream right as thus less sustainable as a group.

My hippie English teacher red pilled me on Marxism, which led me to red pill myself on (((them))). Go figure.

Hippies were the ones that realised that post WW2 America was slowly genociding them. They were right to drop out. Kike media has been telling lies about who they were.

they were degenerate and caused LSD to become completely illegal for half a century.

>real hippies from the 60s?

the top people in that movement were all military intelligence

>the name"hippie"

came from Abbie Hoffman after the Yippie term got co opted, Hoffman was pretty based having slept with all the major feminists of his day and the observation deck over the trading floor in NYC still has a glass wall from the time he dumped 10K in 1.00 bills onto the floor just to watch the stock pricks pick them all up

>caused LSD to become completely illegal for half a century.

that was all government decisions, all the LSD was put onto the scene to make people non violent

My mom is a hippie from that era, can confirm for gun toting info wars and cliff high addict. Also hates modern feminazis

They abused the drugs, though.
IMO they way they displayed their "ideology" was through hedonism and drug abuse. Don't get me wrong, I've done a lot of acid and think it's great, but I don't really like the hippies.

Maybe I have a weird perception of them, but I see them as colorful homeless people.

Not sure about that. LSD makes you break out of cultural conditioning effortlessly, making you even harder to control/contain.

Pic related

tfw the hippies were right. we're going to have to swallow our pride and admit that they were always right.
i mean peace and love and drugs and snoo snoo right?

They knew that something was profoundly wrong with the West, and with consumerism. The ways they were wrong you can kind of forgive them for: they'd just seen Europe destroyed through collectivism, national chauvinism and political violence, so it's not really surprising that they ran from them. Not to mention the Vietnam disaster.

But you can't have a meaningful life that you completely choose. The things that are meaningful are mostly those things that you don't choose. There is no universal cosmic truth available to man, you fight your own corner and that's what it's all about.

Still, not worthy of the mockery they get. At least, those who didn't go on to become stereotypical boomer cunts

Their parents had seen*
But it hung in the air like a stench I'm sure

The hippie generation wasn't really the problem. The whiny, safe space faggotry comes from Cobain-era MTV. That's where the crybaby nihilism and west coast liberalism became mainstream. Think about it, Gen Xers grew up with a suicidal heroin addict as their idol. A man who killed himself "because the world doesn't understand me reeeee".

Some were smart, understanding that if you overthrow the establishment, you become the new establishment.

youtube.com/watch?v=vND53ZrQD9M

Kill them all

>alright, youtube

nobody knew that at the time, they were using it in a way similar to Israel during the 7 day war

>They abused the drugs, though.
people always abuse drugs including sugar, caffeine, cigarettes, people are disgusting animals but the president gets to determine drug policy, the ideology part was just a scam, these were the same old nazis doing their same old steal all the money scam

Leary hanging out with military generals and Owsley Stanley the top LSD chemist at the time, and the sound tech for the grateful dead

youtube.com/watch?v=rjylxvQqm0U

My mom's one of them. She was with the ones that wanted to live inawoods, grow their own food, have a couple of chickens for eggs, make clothes and be left alone.

jokes on you, I take acid but I'm a nazo.

>understanding that if you overthrow the establishment,

these people already were the establishment, the whole thing was a con

thanks for reminding me of this great song
youtube.com/watch?v=E86gWQs-ios

>I take acid but I'm a nazo.

nothing wrong with that, I'm a nazi who takes LSD and can manufacture it,

no big deal, just saying people need to wake up

cool, send me some.

My dad was a real hippy he is 62 right now his car broke down on the roadtrip to woodstock.
Now a days he is just a redpilled cool guy honestly. Hates niggers kikes foreigners and especially illegals just as much as the rest of us here.
He is hard working still today hard labor and he understands what it means to have the price of your work driven down 500% because some shitskin spic piece of shit will do it for that much less.

he was murdered and cucked by his wife and her boyfriend

This is pretty much me, except for the shitty clothes.

I smoke pot at least 3x a week, am pro 2nd amendment, absolutely hate and distrust the government and question why neoliberals sit on the big dick of government. I'm a progressive in terms of the environment, health care, economy, war, and education.

I used to listen to Alex Jones on shortwave daily.

i doubt you're manufacturing lsd
unless your messing with those poisonous Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and making a muck product

solid

dose/10 would read again

>spiritual foundation
boomer degeneracy and fake drug-induced enlightment

"With the lone exception of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, the demonstrators in Miami were a useless mob of ignorant, chicken-shit ego-junkies whose only accomplishment was to embarrass the whole tradition of public protest. They were hopelessly disorganized, they had no real purpose in being there, and about half of them were so wasted on grass, wine, and downers that they couldn’t say for sure whether they were raising hell in Miami or San Diego"

Hippies are the genesis of SJW's. (((They))) learned by the end of the 60s how to co-opt individuality from them then marketed it as a mainstream form of protest that happily doesn't protest what (((they))) are actually trying to do.

>the cobain actually killed himself and wasn't murdered timeline

I kind of don't believe that hippies were the genesis of SJWs

I think SJWs came from universities, marxist professors, cultural marxists who were very organized and very much into creation of a strong central power

real hippies hated "the man"

they hated government, at least overreaching government

something else I notice about the hippies is that while misguided, they have genuine empathy for other people, they tend to be genuine in their compassion

the modern left is very, very different. They have absolute, violent, genocidal contempt for people who do not share their opinions. They are turn key killing field agents.