Convince me why we should stay in NATO

Convince me why we should stay in NATO.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02388/BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=bWM8EYUJc3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It used to be so we could obliterate the USSR but now it looks like we want to be BFFs with Russia.

You can't leave because your President won't. Stop discussing things when you have no power, keep drumming in your basement.

>turgay
>nato
why

Because without alliances USA can suck balls.

Canada about to fall below Belgium, Hungary and Spain

>Because without alliances USA can suck balls.

The opposite is true, retard.

Because without alliance usa can suck small Chinese dicks.

So we can BTFO Russia and China.

They may not have real military might themselves but at least we are allowed to have bases there.

You don't realize Trump stayed in NATO because you are dependent on Europe, not the other way around.

Because we yelled at them since 2010 to get up to 2% and everyone agreed to start spending more. All the non third world countries are on task to hit 2% by 2020.

Swedcuck doesn't want to have to pay for his own military protect against being annex for having oppressed Russian minority

I don't like NATO either. Rather, I think there are NATO members (like Turkey) that shouldn't be in NATO.

I don't want to fight for Turkey if we can avoid it.
>You can't leave because your President won't. Stop discussing things when you have no power, keep drumming in your basement
In the US, the people can influence policy. Discussion of policy is where that turning point begins.

You're one apathetic U.S. President from becoming Russian.

>you are dependent on Europe, not the other way around.

You are fucking hilarious.

the only reason you're spending so much is because you have a hard on for military. nobody is forcing you and nobody's asking you to spend so much.

instead of forcing Slovakia or Portugal to increase their funding, how about you slash your own and instead of outspending the next 25 countries put together, you outspend your next 3 biggest threats

Maybe the world wouldn't hate America is America didn't oppress the West via NATO

I can't.

Because Russia spends a fraction of all that so we don't need you.

lol who cares ?

you

Because if Russia sends the tank rolling through Eastern Europe or China keeps fucking around in the South China Sea, everyone is going to bitch to us instead of handling it themselves. Germany certainly doesn't have the military to stop Russia.

>US communications networks, imaging, stealth bombers, drones, and aircraft carriers are useless without the EU

Yeah that makes sense.

Let me put it this way, would you rather keep all your social welfare programs and have us handle your military or pay for your own defense and axe the welfare?

>forcing them
They agreed to.

>stop ourselves from being able to take over the world militarily
No. Maintaining the biggest military in the world is expensive but worth it.

LET EUROPE BURN!!!

>US pulls out of NATO
>NORAD falls apart without the NATO framework to hold it together
>Canada stops sharing radar information with the US, stops manning anti-air defenses meant to protect the US
>Ruskies take the Arctic shortcut from Moscow to Washinton, drop a few nukes

yeah the rest of the world really needs the IS and NATO and not vice-versa

Since im a Pacifist I'd rather slash the military budget down to 0%. Fuck fascist military users.

that's bullshit and you know it. You don't need 10 carriers for either China or Russia. You don't need Zumwalt class destroyers with their $ million a pop projectiles, nor do you need billions of dollars wasted on F35.

You're doing it because it lines the pockets of political donors, lobbyists, military brass, etc. for a country so vehemently opposed to welfare you sure love handing it out to bigass companies and millions of jarheads and dindus

Feel free so we can waltz into Canada and take the oil sands for ourselves. You can have the rest of the country and thrive on your other nonexistent economic sectors.

Nope. They are useless if USA don't have someone to use them on. Without americans putting their fat fingers in every fucking cog of our world their overgrown army wouldn't have any reason to exist.

You shouldn't, the same goes for Europe, it just shouldn't exist.

protip: no one can
dissolve NATO now

The US controlling the seas has lead to one of the biggest economic boons in history. Piracy is a non issue because of the US Navy. I'll admit that the R&D of the Zumbalt and the F35 went overboard, but the size of the fleet has more than enough justified reasons. military just needs to negotiate with the military industrial complex better to slash cost and inflation.

Yeah. Try to attack Canada and you have whole NATO against you, probably Russia and Chinese would join in too - because why not?

Exactly. I rather enjoy our empire.

Because I was totally serious about attacking Canada and not just trying to knock the fact that Canada is going broke the second the oil sands run out.

You're totally not a troll

>Feel free so we can waltz into Canada and take the oil sands for ourselves. You can have the rest of the country and thrive on your other nonexistent economic sectors.
You sir are an idiot. Canada has much better diplomats and our diplomatic lawyers can spin information like a ball of yarn. We'd simply diplomatically make deals with your diplomats so you end up losing no matter what. Besides U.N would NOT let you invade Canada. And Alberta isn't even the main economic sector of Canada. Ontario's financial and manufacturing sector is stronger.

>don't need 10 carriers for Russia or China

Probably not. But we could certainly win any war much quicker with them than without them.

It's about total and complete military dominance. No country in the world is stupid enough to think they could take over the U.S. Militarily because of this.

>the usa is dependent on yurop
what a delusional retard you are

>military just needs to negotiate with the military industrial complex better to slash cost and inflation.

that's the crux of your problem. Luxembourg spending 1.5% more on defense isn't going to make the world safer.

NATO is nothing but USA and sidekicks. A modern day Roman Empire where USA is supplying the legions and the rest are auxiliaries. Even if all other countries matched US contribution it would hardly make a difference.

>You're totally not a troll
I'm not. I'm just making the point that NATO exists to protect the US. It moves the potential targets further from the US and it means if a shooting war did break out, it would be far from Washington.
19th and 20th century European powers did it with far-flung colonies and buffer states. The US does it with bases in other countries and NATO allies. Same with NORAD. No country is going to start dropping nukes over Canada, the whole program exists so our frozen wasteland acts as America's early warning system

Fair enough. Hopefully we can get some better deals and that should be enough to fix our spending level, which is actually still lower as a percentage of GDP than Russia. The size of the american military budget and the fact that it still only takes up 3.5% of the GDP is a testament to how absurdly large our economy is.

Please you can no more leave NATO than you can stop dumping money into your own military industrial complex, you're an addict, you have to spend, stop even trying to pretend, you NEED NATO, it's an excuse for you to spend.
I almost pity you.

Prediction if NATO falls apart:
Russia takes rest of Ukraine, Finland, former central asia Soviet countries
Greek and Turkey start some shit about Cyprus

>mfw trumples believe NATO exists out of pure altruism and they get nothing back
Your government puts fucking tanks and missiles in Europe so Russia couldn't do the same. It's tool to deny any possibility to challenge your geopolitical dominance.

Same holds true for campaigns in Middle East.

NATO exists to ensure American imperialism

Not sure if they would, but they certainly could if they wanted to. It must suck not being able to defend your own borders from hostile militaries.

Okay, good, I don't live in any of those countries, fuck all of them, I hope they all get nuked.
I don't even care if tomorrow the Russian tanks roll into this shit hole of a cuckshed of a country, might even fix a few things.

Fuck you OP, convince yourself

This

NATO is America's proxy empire

Nobody wants Turkey in NATO.

because we aren't war-mongers.

>because we aren't war-mongers.

We good boys. We din du nuffin.

I'd like to see England"s. I wonder where the britbongs haven't invaded?

because you want our defense shekels.

it's simple math, do you prefer 1% or 0%?

because guess where that money will go if you leave.

hint: not to US weapons

Only about 5 countries in the whole world iirc

I-It's not like I'm proud of my son or anything... bakaburger

We don't actually pay that to NATO you know?
It's what we spend on our own defense.

America spend more because they start more wars.

Ok but can we pay our share with a debt that we will never pay back like the US ? If so, then YES.

Impressive. Props to the UK

ain't no one stopping you from leaving

i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02388/BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg

Actually Lithuania spent 1,8% of GDP on defense this year, and the next year its going to be 2% of our GDP. They actually want it to be 2,5% in 2020.

It'd make it harder to monitor our slaves ability to rebel. It's better when they volunteer that information willingly.

not at all, we are only part of nato because 10 years ago sarkozy bring us back in this "club" we were fine before that
the world doesnt need nato

Fuck niggers

your pic is old and outdated. basically you spread fake news.

Then give 5 reasons why Trump didn't leave NATO yet. He knows that USA without allies and their overseas bases are nothing.

WHEN WILL THE DEFENSE SPENDING TRICKLE DOWN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Because we dont want to have to go save Europe....again.

Please don't, last time you fucked all EU and solved nothing.

It's one of the few ways America can remain in a strategically strong position in Europe with regards to the Soviets

The US basically IS nato, if we left it'd basically die, just for the other faggots to pay

*Make

If Russians take over Eurasia, it will be impossible to fight them off.

>Ruskies take the Arctic shortcut from Moscow to Washinton, drop a few nukes

For what purpose?

>Russia so big

Russia have about the same military spending as UK and France and I'm pretty sure UK's and France's armies are more technologically advanced.

I have it on good authority that water and food is going to be quite valuable in the coming years.

Russia and America should split Europe in half.

We'll take the western half and install right wing governments. Russia can do whatever the fuck they want with the eastern half.

>Russia can do whatever the fuck they want with the eastern half.

Because you say so?? LOL

ESTONIA NO!

But little guy, Europe combined is stronger than the U.S: Russia and Chine together. Did you forget you had to gather the whole world to just fight off Germany?

so you can increase the range ov your nukes by putting them in countries close to the enemy. Also, increased diplomatic power.

>increased range on nukes
Are you dumb

>Did you forget you had to gather the whole world to fight off Germany?
Yes. 70 years ago. We utterly destroyed Germany as it existed. 70 years of relative peace and prosperity thanks to America have turned Europeans into pussies. You won't even defend your own women being raped and mixing your people out of existence.

You actually think you'd offer significant resistance to the most powerful military on the planet? LOL

>implying europe would ever truly unite
>implying it took more than the u.s. joining the war and russia getting serious to beat germany

Some bigger warheads can't travel on smaller missiles.

They require ICBM type rockets.

Are you dumb?

You never did anything but loot the country after the Soviets destroyed it lol.

Indeed, but americans don't have an own opinion and get manipulated 24/7

I'm not going to waste the time explaining how America was the backbone that kept the "Allies" afloat in that war of attrition.

In either case, Europe wouldn't be able to do anything if America decided it wanted to have its way with you. You need us more than we need you (but we both need eachother, there's no denying that)

Fucking neuter the subhuman chinks

>france

youtube.com/watch?v=bWM8EYUJc3Y

Quite on the contrary
Look at history pre-NATO
Pre-nato USA:
>fucked British Empire in the ass
>fucked Mexico in the ass(lots of times)
>fucked the injuns in the ass(lots of times)
>(almost) fucked France and Spain in the ass
>fucked arab ass with Sweden's help
>fucked Florida in the ass
>fucked greek pirates in the ass
>fucked the chinese in the ass with France and the British Empire
>fucked the confederate states in the ass
>fucked Brazil in the ass
>fucked Spain in the ass
>fucked the Philipinnes in the ass
>fucked Cuba in the ass and then cucked it for quite some time
>fucked Nicaragua in the ass
>fucked Haiti in the ass
>fucked Dominican republic in the ass
>fucked Germany, Austria, Bulgaria and the Ottoman Empire in the ass
>fucked the Axis Powers in the ass
And many more

NATO USA:
>got fucked in the ass in Korea
>got fucked in the ass in Cuba
>got fucked in the ass in Vietnam
>got fucked in the ass in Somalia
>got fucked in the ass in Afghanistan and is still taking it up the butt for some reason
>got fucked in the ass in Iraq
>currently getting fucked in the ass in Pakistan
>fucked Lybia in the ass(not in a good way)
>getting fucked by ISIS in the ass
It's clear that NATO is holding the USA back

>It's 2017
Provide chart from 2015 and present it as current situation ........ ok .

Remind me again why is Spain in NATO?