Can anyone tell me what to expect about the Rangers? About to enlist soon and Im going ranger route...

can anyone tell me what to expect about the Rangers? About to enlist soon and Im going ranger route. Im in pretty good physical condition also

Other urls found in this thread:

military.com/military-fitness/workouts/stretching-plan
youtube.com/watch?v=Lzbr6fPDmkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I almost went to become a Chair Force Officer, but didn't because I thought Hillary would win, plus I make more money as a civilian. You're going to get pushed, but do your best 110% of the time, good luck and make Trump proud.

Army Nat Guard candidate here. Do your best. Run. Do push ups and sit ups. And pull ups. Run with boots on. Max out your cardio.

officer candidate**

Ive always been a solid runner, i can run avout 13 miles in around two hours or so. What im worried about is the fact that i dont have too much upper body strength

Get used to being cold.

A few of my buddies from college just graduated. It's a suck fest. Dig deep and best of luck.

Rangers lead the way

My pop was in Charlie 3rd bat back in the 80s. Said Ranger school was the toughest thing he ever did, and that swamp phase is the worst part of it.

Good condition for Ranger school isn't the big musclebound guys, its those lithe guys that can don't eat much and can run for days

Did they give you any details?

I'm going to become a Ranger too. Just make sure you're getting yourself in shape before you sign up.

You're an idiot, you think they'll just let you enlist as a ranger?
Let me guess, it's in your contract. Lol

How are you training? What are your stats?

Losing inches off your height and fucked joints for the rest of your life.

Shit is going to suck. Basic is kind of fun, RASP is a smoke fest, going to Ranger school is a fucking suck fest. Airborne is a nice little break and then battalion is alternating cool guy stuff and gay as fuck stuff.

You'll emerged having accomplished little with a false sense of worth but the conviction that somehow you are special for having done what tens of thousands of other men (and now women) have done. Don't forget to get all your accomplishments tattooed on you and purchase a hat on your way out so everyone knows not to be friends with you.

Batou was in the Rangers. Same with Kuze. They have cool knives.

Get a cyborg body if they offer it.

good luck dude never quit and dont be a pussy

Let him, he'll come back asking what mos he should pick when he finds out "ranger" isn't an mos

All the best bro, whatever ever you do don't voluntary withdraw, keep going through the cold.

lel

Right, I'm sure you're just being modest and all, but if you're "in pretty good physical condition" you need to fucking not. You are actively working towards getting your brothers killed in the field if you think pretty good shape is an acceptable standard for special forces.

I find that totally reprehensible, because I know you only want it for prestige and to be tacticool.

Thanks my dudes
Ill remember to keep your id numbers memorized to stay motivated

Bodyweight exercises
>Bodyweight exercises
And more bodyweight exercises
Build strength without gaining weight.
Go make us proud

I just finished a 3 mile ruck and now I'm doing some tricep pushups.

What I did just before is a filled some milk jugs with sand and threw them in my backpack. I put that shit on and did a 3 mile road march. 0.7 miles to a point from my house and then back, twice.

Before that I did a 15 minute fast woods ruck where I ran/walked/jogged in the woods in uneven terrain with the same backpack. Today is my day off so I can do a lot more than usual. 2 rest days a week for recovery. Drink plenty of water. Eat healthy(er). And I stretch twice a day for 10 minutes per session. It helps so you don't fuck up your body.

military.com/military-fitness/workouts/stretching-plan

I've started 2 weeks ago and I can see some results. I plan to enlist in August so I have some time but not enough time to slack off. I estimate I could pull off a 7:15 mile (been mostly doing rucking) and maybe 50 pushups.

In addition to being physically fit you must also be mentally tough. Read "Unbeatable Mind" for starters. Simple shit like positive thinking and breathing techniques go a long way.

I'm just beginning my journey but if you have some more questions you can just ask and I could help you.

>Run with boots on

Not on pavement....

Why did you not weight train? I hope you are ok in the water too.

That sounds pretty good man. I havent been focusing too much on rucking, only running a shitton and pushups/crunches/gym shit. Good idea with the sand. I could never really think of a way to weigh down my backpack enough without just throwing boulders in it and fucking it up lel

>women
>in 75th

Top Kek.

You don't have to be in that great of shape to start honestly. Being able to carry heavy shit and not bitch about accumulating stress fractures and connective tissue damage throughout your whole body are the only real requirements. They'll teach you everything else.

Make sure you can run 5 miles after your hard workouts.

Never bothered. I honestly just wanted to run and thats it

Keep it schtune about politics m8

Im a decent swimmer also

11xray with option 40 to attend RASP

He's going to RASP i assume, so he needs to be in good physical condition.

Do yourself a favor and buy some good boots and a ruck if you're going to 'train'. Doing this stuff improperly will fuck you up fast. I'm 32 and I walk around like a fucking cripple now from the infantry life.

Friend of a ranger here... expect to kick down doors and kill shitskins. Also expect local friendless to be incompetent to the point you may have to kill them for missions to succeed

I wear hiking boots. With gaiters if there's deep snow innawoods.

Specifically, Keen Targhee IIs and a 5.11 Rush 24.

>national guard
Shoo

Yeah don't be like the 95% of option 40s at my OSUT who all cried themselves to sleep at night and dropped their contracts before they even went.

Only 1 guy in my platoon made it to regiment and he was unassuming, not the best at pt, and generally kept a low profile.

You'll see

Forgot to mention that the Keens are Mids, not shoes.

RASP is after basic. He's going to have months of group workouts and fun activities to look forward to. I knew a guy who became a Ranger that couldn't do 20 push ups starting basic.

What the fuck? Mentality isn't going to help you drag 300-400 pounds of meat through a bullet shower. You need to be an animal for spec ops.

I'm not suggesting for him to keep being a pussy, I'm suggesting that he should use that brain that can't figure out how to weigh down a pack, and go back when he's not incapable.

Completed Ranger Indoctrination Program back in 2003. It's called RASP now. Expect to get shit on and run ragged. Sleep deprivation and all that. Once you pass, if you pass you'll get sent down to a battalion. From there more training. You'll be fit enough by basic training if you really put forth the effort. Just make sure you refuse to quit and don't break any rules. It's all about intestinal fortitude and integrity.

Can you elaborate more?

A: Don't do it, trust me.

B: Wrong board. Try /k/

Yeah you are basically entitled to a tryout. Just like any other 11B who can get a reasonable asvab and PT scores.

Nigga shit ain't that hard once you've decided to do it. I carried an unconscious soldier off a mountain in Afghanistan at night with my 240 slung under my arm and I was not in great shape. Maybe like a 260 PT test.

Being mentally tough and just not giving a fuck about pain is way more important than being in shape.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lzbr6fPDmkE

You're probably going to fail. Physical fitness is nothing without the extreme determination needed to complete the training. Most people fail on their first try.

Yes please tell us about your anecdotal evidence outweighing all the research and methodology of tradoc.

>Don't forget to get all your accomplishments tattooed on you and purchase a hat on your way out so everyone knows not to be friends with you.
Make sure you tell your Drill Sergeants you're pretty much a Ranger so they treat you with more respect OP.

Yeah very few make it through swamp on the first try. But if by the third attempt you can't manage...

Chekd and kekd

They say the most succesfull people in the more elite branches of military all came from wrestling or boxing training backgrounds in high school. They say the work out and training in wrestling or boxing is similar to what they do in the Rangers.

Rangers are 101st Airborne right? Fort Campbell will make you a man,son.

Dumb kids who play COD sign up for an option 40 contract.

They get to OSUT and realize the gravity of the situation involving no more mummy making tendies and drinking mountain dew.

They then break down and bitch out.

>Rangers are 101st Airborne right?
Wrong.

listen to me guy. These numbers aren't hacking it. You need to be running at least 6 minute consecutive 2 miles to even be in the right condition to attempt RASP. Ruck with nothing lighter than 50lbs dry.
Run.
Run.
Then run some more.
Make sure you both get up to 65 PROPER pushups before you get to basic. Don't slack off during PT in Basic. Always push yourself as hard as you can. You get out of it what you put into it.

Ok I guess you're right. I was going to post something substantive about having lived on bayshore but fuck it.

Work on pull-ups.

There were lots of option 40 guys when I went to basic, the only one who lasted and went was the guy who topped 270 on his first PT test. Everyone else broke down mentally and didn't make it or got injured and dropped.

Make sure you're doing proper push-ups, all the way down.

11X. If you fail Abn or Ranger, they just make you are still an 11B and they just send you to the force.

Your buddy make it out ok?

Of course. My goal is 80 pushups and 80 sit ups in 2 mins, at least 6 pull ups, and at least a 13:00 mile.

I have until my goal of August to achieve this.

i did infantry basic training years ago. it was tough enough.
>3-4 hours sleep most nights on shitty beds.
>nasty lung infection going around (its apparently a thing on most army bases. like a super bronchitus).
>you are always hungry
>you cant shit or piss during the days training without permission. sometimes its denied
>you will be extremely hot or extremely cold, depending on weather
>you will exercise all the time
>you will have to learn military customs

basically its totally fucked. if you enjoy being comfortable then its definitely not for you.

75th

Recruiters know it too. They meet their 11b quotas on the backs of these wannabe commandos.

At least the 18x contracts are still being selected properly, or so I hear.

>80 pushups and 80 sit ups in 2 mins

i dont think this is physically possible matey

Hahaha, 80 pushups in 2:00 and THEN 80 sit ups in a completely different 2:00 timeframe.

This is true. Most of you are likely INTPs... because Sup Forums is filled with them. I can say in my experience the infantry sucks for INTPs.

I'm a nasty girl who deployed straight out of osut as the equivalent of an overseas security guard. The people in my unit are absolutely retarded redneck prison guards and other weirdos with daddy issues.

I loathe drill weekends.

Think twice anons.

>muh tradoc
>muh high standards

Damn this is just sad. Go check out the minimums for getting into all these operator schools. You show up with the minimum and you probably aren't going to do well but you don't need to be some freak beast. The schools are there to test and improve you.

Got a bunch of cool anecdotes though. We had an OGA guy rupture his Achilles in the mountains and walk another 3 miles to the exfil. Had a dude sprain every ligament in his foot and walk another 15 miles with a 150pound load. Had a dude literally climb a mountain on a broken leg. Guy went out regularly on patrol with a broken patella and even another dude rolled around for years on a reconstructed knee that he'd eventually get like 80% disability for because he couldn't sleep through the pain without medication. Pretty sure that isn't the tradoc standard but it's what happens when you've got a unit culture of sucking it the fuck up.

>at least a 13:00 mile
I take it you meant 2 mile, but that's seriously expected. It might seem impossible right now, but as long as you push yourself in basic, you can crank sub-13 out like nothing. Always run in A group for agility runs even if you can't hang. Hang as long as you can, then fall out to the group behind them.

>6 pullups
You have to do 10 every time you go to chow. You'll be cranking those out in no time unless you're some sort of fat body.

Work on running, rucking, pull ups, and self discipline to stay awake for days on end while being physically exhausted. I did 20 years in the Army. I am not Ranger qualified but I have many friends who are. It's highly demanding. No joke. Don't take it lightly. Good luck.

is it possible to become fit enough for rangers or even spec ops within 4-5 years? Or is it something that if you have not been doing all life, youre hopeless (fitness that is)

Thanks for the input. And yes I did mean a 2 mile run sorry.

Now I have a new pull up goal, 12.

I'm certainly not discounting the value of mental toughness. I am merely stating that incidental mental toughness alone does not make for a good operator.

>18x contracts are still being selected properly, or so I hear.
I've seen some shit dude. But if you want to re-enlist now after a break in service, you have to go to SFAS if you were infantry. It's the only way they'll let you back in, so that's good at least.

He got lifted out by a helicopter and the leet skeet crew didn't rig the ropes properly so his guide line broke and he almost died spinning in the air trapped in his skedco. He passed out, ruptured half the blood vessels in his face, and lived.

AHAHAHAHAHA I had a few of these in my cycle

Ha! I had wondered this, or INTJ.

I'm INFJ. Probably one of the only ones here, lol.

Start rucking 50 pounds 1 mile and add 0.5 miles every week to strengthen your bones and avoid stress fractures.

You need to be done 5 miles before you start OSUT.

>joining the military in post 9/11 America
It's like you wanna commit suicide but want others to assist you.

Mental attitude. The guy that didn't talk shit kept his head down, did his best, and got shit done. That is what it takes.

How bad did you pic related?
good luck kid

Mile time is around a low five minute. I can do around 25 pullups in one go. 60 pushups/70 crunches. I think thats good right

Or that he's not cleared through MEPS due to his autism

Oh lawd. I was in Kandahar and Helmand so we never had to rig anybody to the bird.

They did land on a PMN mine one time though. Surprisingly nobody else got hurt.

You can only do something until your body shuts down. Expect very little sleep. Learn to embrace the suck. Even if you feel like you are failing at a task dont ever say you quit. Remember the mental aspect is just a game to instill toughness and expose your weakness.

>25 pullups
OK I really underestimated how much I would need to do. New goal.

Also, yes you are in good shape. In what time can you do those exercises?

>National Guard candidate

Great, you'll be sent to California to rescue some commies

>not joining the army of the God-Emperor and fighting for freedom

Yeah that unit spent a week retraining in OrgunE. Had the crew chiefs play the casualty so I guess they got it right from then on.

>embrace the suck

Haven't heard that in a long, long time. Kinda miss it... no not really though

Wrong

I would but I'm not volunteering to die in some country Trump talked shit to on Twitter.

Ill run around 4 6minute miles usually with as many pushups and crunches as i can do afterwards. Occasionally halfway through my run ill stop at a park and do as many pullups as i can then keep running afterwards. When i have the time i go running for hours in the hills

>I'm a fat body neckbeard that's scared.

From what I understand, it's not about how many you can do forever, it's how many you can do in a certain amount of time. I use 2:00 because that's what's on the Army PFT.

>its those lithe guys that can don't eat much and can run for days

This. Went to RIP but didn't pass. All the short skinny guys made it. They love to run around the air field.

Also, none of the black guys passed the swim test; what's up with that?

You can be as physically fit as you want but if you're not mentally fit, they will break you and you will be sent back home embarrassed and ashamed that you ever tried to join the 75th.

Pick a falcon for your animal companion so he can do some scouting.