Where were you when bitcoin became more valuable than gold?

Where were you when bitcoin became more valuable than gold?

I bought 20K worth back in early 2012.

The same place I'll be when it all comes crashing down.

I have always wanted to buy some bitcoins since they were ~600 dollars,

but im way too poor and putting 200 bucks on it wont really be life changing.

>The same place I'll be when it all comes crashing down.
This.

I have friends at the SEC. The COIN IPO will be denied on 3/11. BTC will crash after this happens. Sell while you can, user.

>bowing to the central bank fiat slave-master overlords

i'll take a random string of digits and characters any day

>that giant spike at the beginning
totally legit currency goys

*COIN ETF

Sry, drunk hahaha

well, its not really more valuable than gold (or less valuable). an ounce and a bitcoin are just arbitrary measurements of quantities of a good

>price drops 24 hours later

>i'll take a random string of digits and characters any day

Don't EVER invest in something simply because you're "taking a stand".

Investments that are made based on emotion are rarely ever pan out. Otherwise, women would be the greatest investors in the world.

masterace 21 bitcoins in my wallet reporting for duty. hows the coping nocoiners?

why is another bubble forming? who is driving the price up?

>sell 1 coin
>rest lose value
How's that working out for you?

>tfw 0.2 left just from gambling over the years

>hows the coping nocoiners?
Doing fine... I've made 6-figures in the past 12 months trading real stocks, ETFs, options, and will still have my money when BTC crashes 9 days from now.

20k worth of bitcoin? you must be set

you said this last thread

i'm playing a longer game than the city fatcats

China, India, Nigeria

good god youre retarded.

The coin retards actually think that the SEC is going to approve an ETF on 3/11 and legitimize BTC, but they're actually not and BTC will plummet. I hope they post another thread then, so I can laugh at them

>There is some trash dump somewhere in UK with an HDD with at least a few thousand bitcoins
>There were people who traded several thousand early mined coins for pizzas and stuff

I dont think it will matter. Soon fiat money will become unstable. btc is going to increase for a long time since it is still unknown to most normies. Btc is very small in number so the slightest increase in population demand is going to affect it very fast.

I'm too poor to buy btc, but if I had the dough, I would do it in a heart beat.

for what purpose? crashing the price now would just cause a massive inflation down the line just after the bull trap and a much slower crash over the months instead of plummeting the price, or worse it could hover around the peak for days before it slowly returns to average
That seems rather minor as far as reasons go, if there is a widespread race to buy-in but also a steady flux of selling parties based on regulations-to-come alone, it's going to be rather hard to get those funds in/out whichever way it goes. there's not much of a gain to be had by buying on BTC during this time

keep coping nocoiners, its ok, not everyone can win in life. someones gotta loose.

It'll crash back to max700 in a week.

and what does your large brain chair say about the long term, ten years form now.

>fiat is inflationary, giving bitcoin + 1
>bitcoin is deflationary + 1
>gold is meant to be deflationary but has been captured by corporate interests and so is a fake +1
>this gives bitcoin +1
>bitcoin is new + 1
>bitcoin is exciting + 1
>you can imbed any data with bitcoin. value can now = random data. much the same way art acts, but no need for tragic artists. +1
>you can send it to anyone, anywhere, at anytime without anyone's permission with verification same day +1
>it's the first thing in history that can't be counter fitted +1
>you can store it in your brain +1
>you can walk across the border with a million dollars worth of bitcoin in your brain +1
>all of these factors combine into a hype train bigger then trump +4
>final score +15

it'll keep raising in price slowly but surely while being a volatile currency, being gamed by half the world.
i highly doubt it will ever drop even to the 500's or 600's again

Ounce of bitcoins?
It makes no sense it is like saying world of warcraft gold is more valuable than gold.
One of them physically exists, the other is purely a thing that exists as data.

half the world!

hell there's only about 10 million bitcoiners at best!

what happens when the fiat bag holders discover their money steals from itself, while bitcoin retains its unit of value cryptographically with maths.

It's 2017 and people can still refuse to go through with the transaction after the payment, this shouldn't have been a problem past 2014

>and will still have my money when BTC crashes 9 days from now.

>makes 6 figures with "trading stocks" yet doesn't know the concept of shorting

I feel so bad that I sold at 1170
Still have a 1050 buy order, but I don't have any faith left

what are you talking about exactly?

I was drawing this (Pic related)

SCIENTIFICALLLY
PROVEN

His concern is that it operates like cash.

>hell there's only about 10 million bitcoiners at best!
and a handful of people own 99% of the whole world, in both currency and assets.

The thread got me curious and wondering if whatever I mined back then even amounted to anything but as of right now my wallet is 400 weeks behind schedule

hope it is worth at least something

That was from le reddit

>when u played poker back when it was 10 cents per...but knew buttcoins are an unsecured ponzi, so obviously never bought any

they own 50% not 99% check your facts

it does currently, there will be mechanisms put in place through things like sidechains enabled by nlockchecktimeverify (basically locks your money for a predetermined period, so that a channel can be opened up for refunds in case of something going wrong).

its programmable money, if you can think it, it can be built with Bitcoin

Its too late to get in on Bitcoin but not too late to get into Ethereum

>its programmable money, if you can think it, it can be built with Bitcoin
This worries me even more

Good idea goy, buy a scamcoin that runs a distrubuted virtual machine as fast as a comodore 64 that eats tons of money to run 10000 times the same script in 10000 computers.

why

anyone has a pic of vitalik with this autismo cap?

All I can say is that I got banned just for posting a nude and then you fucks post em in every single thread and nothing happens to you REEEEEEEEEEE

>All I can say is that I got banned just for posting a nude and then you fucks post em in every single thread and nothing happens to you REEEEEEEEEEE
We're NSA we can post shit and nothing happens

i was on phone

when satoshi call

"bitcoin r gud"

no

"yes"

are there any fresh produce markets that trade in bitcoin?
are there any industrial wholesale markets that trade in bitcoin?
is there some sort of bitcoin ebay?

bitcoin sounds great but I wonder if you can purchase anything else aside from drugs with it
or if there is a vacancy for such markets
fuck the (((banks)))