PhD in Theoretical physics and decent background in climate science

PhD in Theoretical physics and decent background in climate science

After lurking here for a months it seems a lot of you have large misconceptions about climate science. Hit me with your questions/confusions/conspiracies and I'll answer them or direct you to a source which does.

Other urls found in this thread:

ipcc.ch/pdf/unfccc/cop19/3_gregory13sbsta.pdf
berc.berkeley.edu/desertification-the-forgotten-side-of-climate-change/
climate.nasa.gov/news/2458/why-a-half-degree-temperature-rise-is-a-big-deal/
climate.nasa.gov/nasa_science/science/
acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/climatesciencenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html
eesc.columbia.edu/courses/ees/climate/lectures/gh_kushnir.html
epa.gov/climate-change-science/causes-climate-change
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith–Mundt_Act
youtube.com/watch?v=94BeCbh80EQ
youtu.be/Gh-DNNIUjKU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impacts_of_climate_change
depts.washington.edu/amath/faculty/tung/journals/GRL-solar-07.pdf
nsstc.uah.edu/climate/
newscientist.com/article/dn11639-climate-myths-the-cooling-after-1940-shows-co2-does-not-cause-warming/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_documents
oneutah.org/2009/11/climategate-source-code-more-damning-than-emails/
skepticalscience.com/Climategate-CRU-emails-hacked.htm
reuters.com/article/us-china-energy-renewables-idUSKBN14P06P
newscientist.com/article/dn16892-natural-mechanism-for-medieval-warming-discovered/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_Germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you let niggers fuck your wife?

Why would we expect total cognitive symmetry between two geographically isolated human populations?

Why should I give a shit if it doesn't affect me? I don't care about what happens in Africa.

>Ph.D in Theoretical Physics makes you an authority on a completely unrelated field

You seem to be deflecting.

My wife is south east asian, they are terrified of black people so I couldn't get her to even if I was into that.

Different evolutionary pressures (also have a few courses in neuroevolution and evolutionary biology under my belt but the courses where more geared to the brain structure rather than behaviour)

Fpbp

How will the climate ever recover

What kind of bizzare backwards-adjustment technique you have to use to get results like: in 1960 year 1950 is colder than 1940, but in 1970 it's vice verca? (Numbers are for example only, but such things do happen in official stats).

How could you justify stastical significance when your effect is of the same order as asjustments?

I don't even expect malice, but most of the methods to handle this kind of thing were designed in the fifties, nobody knew how do to statistics back then. Heck social science still can't figure it out.

Different evolutionary pressures result in total cognitive symmetry?

U wot m8?

Can you please derive the 1-D time-dependant Schrödinger uncertainty equation?

I can't speak to your fears and worries but one may be.
Desertification of certain areas will likely cause a huge migrant crisis. The areas where this will happen are typically Muslim areas where increased scarcity of food and water will most likely cause more fighting.

When will california and florida finally sink underwater?

Between each of the ice ages has the earth gotten hotter than it is now?

Is the earth currently Co2 starved compared to previous periods between ages?

What was the Smith-Mundt act?

>I dare you to answer all three

Bonus points: is there going to be ice-ages in the future.

what do you want me to do about it?

Fuck off climate nigger we're full.

Why is the surge in population neglected when it comes to global warming? Seems reasonable to think the billion pajeets, chinks, Africans, and other undesirables have more effect on the planet than my Corolla.

Sorry I read it as asymmetry.

E \psi = H \psi

ipcc.ch/pdf/unfccc/cop19/3_gregory13sbsta.pdf
This is a nice overview of the rising sea levels. Highly recommend scanning through.

Why is the sun powered by electrical circuit and how come an anode is able to effect the earths climate?

you don't have a perfect model of it. climate science isn't as much of a "hard science" as e.g. physics. like you don't know the exact details of how everything in the human body works, you don't know the exact details of how climate change works.

So can't you invent some sort of laser beam to carve them up as they approach europe?

Climate change is a hoax created by chinese. The president of the united states said so.

In your scholarly opinion, is anthropogenic climate change real and could we stop it?

I've seen studies that show that the effect of the concentration of greenhouse gases is more of a logarithmic scale, can you deny that?

Also, I remember my geology prof in university, who was a firm believer that it wasn't manmade climate change, explain that volcanoes exert way more co2 in a single eruption than we have produced. I forgot the actual quote but can you comment on that too?

less than 1 degree difference
am I supposed to care?

Why is the scare so big and why ice caps melting is a problem other than some lands getting flooded? Is the global ecosystem not able to adapt to a 1-2 degrees difference in avarage temperatures? Wouldn't desalination of water on a large scale be possible?

>((((theoretical))) physics
>climate (((science)))
Kill yourself.

What do you think about the correlation between the solar cycles and warming/cooling periods?

How does water vapor compare to CO2 for its contribution to the greenhouse effect?

How much have volcanoes contributed to greenhouse gas production compared to human civilization?

Why have climate models as an aggregate been so wrong for the past two decades?

The volatility of the hydrocycle right? Turns out the +2 global rise isn't enough for a run away effect eh?

your graph shows that if it were nt for humans, we would be heading for another ice age.

yeah but in a thousand years it'll be 10 degrees so buy this new car and pay this new tax and take these regulations up the ass like a good goyim. think of our children who won't even know what polar bears were or even snow if we keep this up.

Isn't earth black body so how does the atmosphere/earth take up more energy?

What is the equation for green house effect. Basically, how much will one additional CO2 molecule in atmosphere warm earth?

what do you will happen after the peek?

if the weather pattern change leading to desertification of some areas, doesn't that imply other areas will get rainfall, making them habitable?

Also, why is Mars currently experiencing climate change?

the renaissance and the roman empire happened during a rise in the temperature, what caused it? if it was natural which ofc it was, why should we care about the current conception that 2 or 3 degrees would fuck us up when the roman heat wave was for like 12 degrees

How does current theory explain the medieval warm period and the little ice age that followed.

Were these anomalies that cannot be explained or are they a feature of global warming?

Do you expect cooler temperatures during the Maunder minimum period that we are entering?

I don't think anyone is denying that rising population is a huge driving force in the rise of greenhouse gases.

Unfortunately we don't have a perfect model for anything. Even in physics. Science is such that we tend towards more accurate predictions and models as time progresses. Newtonian gravity is not a perfect model but it got us to the moon, Einsteinian gravity is not a perfect model but it keeps satellites synchronised with earth.

Yes it's real. And it seems that the compromises made to get participation will stop us completely preventing it. For example, the targets set by the Paris agreement fall short of preventing climate change.

Climate change isn't a science at all. Its unfalsifiable.

What do you know about economics, US global hegemony, and the role of oil and manufacturing in creating a standard of life you yourself haven't given up?

>rising population
blame that on South Asia, the Middle East and Africa

it's no one's fault but Syria's for example that their population quadrupled since 1950. no wonder they experienced mass social unrest after a period of prolonged doubt.

It's ok, he's real. Climate scientist confirmed.

Climate scientists won't touch those questions with a ten foot pole, becuase know they'll be blacklisted and loose funding.

I see a lot of complex models of climate change, some built using quite different methods.

Are the models of climate change accurate?

What's up with Antarctica hitting 63 degrees

>This is a nice overview of the rising sea levels. Highly recommend scanning through.

The sea level will rise by roughly 10 inches by the year 2100. If this were the only bad thing happening, it seems like a non-issue to me. It's easier to adapt over time to the sea level rise.

there be more havoc

We are, silly.

ANSWER THIS OP.

MOTHER GAIA IS DEPENDING ON YOU.

>in a thousand years it'll be 10 degrees

Are there any studies on whether letting climate change happens as it does right now and living with it would cost more or less than trying to stop it?

Would the change in climate actually disrupt our biosphere more than historic climate changes like ice ages and warmth periods? What are the actual consequences of the worst realistic prognosis on global warming?

New York City will be underwater by 2020. This is an artist rendition of what it will look like.

and nothing of value was lost.

We have to build a wall, the water has to go back to the north pole.

So we stop all migration from these places and due to scarcity, population naturally decreases. It's a simple and obvious solution. This is why I don't believe climate change is real. The solution is obvious, but the people screaming the loudest also want to support all the places that can't support people.
What are your thoughts on John christy and his work?

satellites still show a pause in warming, this is undisputed, but some climatcucks say that its warmed an unmeasurable 1/100th of a degree...for this they say its the hottest 2016 on record..... what say you??

Unfortunately the southern states are also at risk of becoming desert.
berc.berkeley.edu/desertification-the-forgotten-side-of-climate-change/
So unless you want to lazer fellow Americans a laser may not be the best approach.

climate.nasa.gov/news/2458/why-a-half-degree-temperature-rise-is-a-big-deal/

>other than some lands getting flooded?
Ice reflects a lot of the suns rays, less ice means an increase in temperature and a change in ocean currents. These are feedback mechanisms which will cause temperature to rise.
climate.nasa.gov/nasa_science/science/

>What do you think about the correlation between the solar cycles and warming/cooling periods?
Solar cycles do affect global temperature, but the data shows that warming continues even during times of low solar activity. I can find this for you if you'd like.
>How does water vapor compare to CO2 for its contribution to the greenhouse effect?
acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/climatesciencenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html
>How much have volcanoes contributed to greenhouse gas production compared to human civilization?
Fossil fuel emissions contribute more to CO2 at a magnitude of about 100.

That's not what I get from the literature.

>equation for green house effect
eesc.columbia.edu/courses/ees/climate/lectures/gh_kushnir.html

>he ignores the best point in this thread.

Yeah.. Kike faggot OP will not answer this.
Sage.

Which areas will become unlivable, any lists you can link to with explanations?

Why were people meming so hard about the Ozone layer, when it turned out to be completely false and already rapidly closing? Now they switch to temperatures rising

I remember global warming was ALL about ozone layers 8 years ago. Forgive me senpai, but it seems really suspicious how the scientific community swaps around it's position the second it turns out they were wrong, with 0 apologies and explanations

>Ice reflects a lot of the suns rays, less ice means an increase in temperature and a change in ocean currents. These are feedback mechanisms which will cause temperature to rise.
>climate.nasa.gov/nasa_science/science/

But doesn't this increase more clouds, which reflect sunlight and acts as negative feedback against warming?

Not relevant, astrophysicist here.

Climate science is some of the simplest out there.

Literally works like a bank account. Energy in, how much energy out.

Where can I find an official list/map of all temperature measurement stations in the world? From what I understand, NOAA et al averages the inputs from like a few thousand such stations. Tried looking at their page but could not find anything.

thats the best part, they measure temperature with devices that have an accuracy of +/-0.1°C, but claim its the "warmest year eva" by 0.04°C.

When your measured change is within the measurement error and you claim it is accurate you are a joke and not a scientist.

Explain why all climate models have deviated so far from the observed satellite data and why this doesn't immediately discredit the entire field.

Yes, the amount of carbon in atmosphere will be comparable to prehistoric times. It is likely that areas like Britain and northern (in time) will become tropical.

Nobody knows yet.

>what caused it
epa.gov/climate-change-science/causes-climate-change
>degrees would fuck us up
The change in global temperature around the roman empire was more gradual and therefore farmers and infrastructure could adapt.

>Between each of the ice ages has the earth gotten hotter than it is now?
Yes but it's happening now at a rate never seen before.

>Is the earth currently Co2 starved compared to previous periods between ages?
The CO2 concentration in atmosphere is approaching the highest it's been for 400,000 years. But again, it's not the concentration that's alarm but the rate of increase.

>What was the Smith-Mundt act?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith–Mundt_Act

>I'll answer them or direct you to a source which does.
Why did the leaked source code contain comments and lines of code that indicated that they were faking results from the data to further the global warming agenda? Why should anything released by these scientists be trusted now?

youtube.com/watch?v=94BeCbh80EQ
what do you think?

Why the 1940 bump?

debunk this
youtu.be/Gh-DNNIUjKU

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impacts_of_climate_change
Read this and the sources at bottom.

See depts.washington.edu/amath/faculty/tung/journals/GRL-solar-07.pdf
Solar cycles do influence the climate but only by 0.18 over 11 years.

Can you give a source on that picture? Reverse image only gives blogs.

How do you know it isn't too late to fix it?

Is it really worth it to ruin our economy based on the hunch that our ancestor's lives might be better?

Ground temperature readings are retroactively recalibrated as new stations open up to add to the dataset.

It's a more readable version of the chart found here
nsstc.uah.edu/climate/

explain this

>PhD in Theoretical Physics and a decent background in climate science

>My wife is south east asian

Yes, could have seen this coming. Makes sense. Are you considering post-doctoral climate research into the snowstorms of dandruff flying from your scalp?

Sauce ?

If you summarise it I will.

newscientist.com/article/dn11639-climate-myths-the-cooling-after-1940-shows-co2-does-not-cause-warming/
Bad source, but it seems that legislation taken in the 1940's reduced the warming effect.

does it fucking matter if we go up 1 degree every 30 years when our technology is exponential and we'll have a permanent solution to climate change in the next century

Could the sun be affected by it's position relative to the galactic plane?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_documents
oneutah.org/2009/11/climategate-source-code-more-damning-than-emails/
etc.
>;
>; APPLY ARTIFICIAL CORRECTION
>;
Fucking lel at dumb niggers who believe this shit. Tax payer dollars going directly into these (((scientists'))) pockets.

>Tax payer dollars going directly into these (((scientists'))) pockets.
that's the biggest thing

why the fuck should I have to pay for it when I don't think it's a problem
rich people are already investing in it
globalists are already investing in it
corporations are already investing in it

whether they believe it or not climate change is now the "accepted norm" and so every company will do their part just for the free PR to increase sales

My gf* not sure why I wrote wife and
>Are you considering post-doctoral climate research
Nope I'm finishing publishing my paper on a generalised Hurwitz theory then going into AI research (hopefully private).

We already have a good solution now, it's called investment into renewable energies. Many countries are doing it and have already future proofed themselves.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy
>Eight committees investigated the allegations and published reports, finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct.

>APPLY ARTIFICIAL CORRECTION
>this is perfectly normal
Yeah, eight committees that have no vested interests I'm sure. Just like all those peer reviewers. Totally unbiased I'm sure. Kill yourself.

>we have a good solution now
yeah we have a good "solution" for trannies too, we let them live out their delusions

that doesn't mean we should stop looking for an actual cure
especially if the money goes straight to the jews

also how difficult is a Ph.D in theoretical physics anyways

currently working on doctorate in political science at penn state and it feels like a fucking cakewalk tbqh

>APPLY ARTIFICIAL CORRECTION
You can repeat it but that doesn't mean it's true.

I suggest reading through this.
skepticalscience.com/Climategate-CRU-emails-hacked.htm
Some areas are easier than others. Quantum gravity is not one of these areas. Huge body of literature, most models are half complete and very little experimental data.

Ok so lets not do anything until we have a solution which matches your standards.

>from tree deforestation alone, the net effective carbon fixation reduction is on the order of the global yearly increase of carbon emissions
>ocean pollution has caused a 21% loss of biodiversity
>oceanic carbon fixing Cyanobacteria are responsible for most of Earth's carbon fixation
>while relatively resistant to free-radicals, cyanbacteria are highly effective by other forms of ocean toxicity
>increases in atmospheric and oceanic CO2 increases the reaction rate of carbon fixation
>increased ocean acidity increase fixation rate

Why is the focus so much on carbon emission, rather than loss of carbon fixers?

>Ok so lets not do anything
do whatever you want
don't extort tax money from me to do it

>penn state
I'm an alumnus

>Can you please derive the 1-D time-dependant Schrödinger uncertainty equation?
Look, it's just one cat and I doubt anybody will miss it.

>I can find this for you if you'd like.
I'd appreciate it.

>Nobody knows yet

That is a major problem, and one that tends to be laughed off too many times. I appreciate you being honest about it.

Granted, we have woefully adequate data; a problem that won't be fully solved until we get astronauts on Mars to go drill ice cores, but it deserves a lot more attention than it has received. A planet, albeit different from ours, with a climate driven entirely by our same sun, but devoid of all the human influence we are trying to figure out.

There are lots of unknowns, but the fact that we have any sort of real-time control group at all in the great climate experiment is a blessing that seems to be almost completely ignored. And I don't understand why.

Can't we fix this with new already proven growing methods?

To give you an Idea, I grow healthy fish and vegetables/potatoes in a room in my house using aquaponics, I save 80% of water compared to normal farming, all I have to do is control the temperature.

Why can't we help them to do big farms, perhaps underground? This can be achieved, it's nothing new, the investment wouldn't even reach double digits millions.

OP, This may be a weird question, but I really hope you will take the time to answer. What if any, significance is there with COINS (possibly specifically pennies) and TIME TRAVEL?

> theorethical physics
> think it makes him qualified to comment on anything relevant

bill nye plz go back to your cuckshed after being btfo by Cucker Tarlson

lets start with taking down your retarded graph; plz gib sauce to any ensemble of climate predictions that didnt turn out to completely miss the mark after ten years of additional data.

Also

Is there a worrying of asphixiation with uncontrolled ocean acidification, if I'm not mistaken we get most of our oxygen from the ocean.

Also wouldn't we not be able to think of a solution even if we wanted due to the terrible effects CO2 has on our cognition?

See

Yep that's why China has just made a massive investment into renewable energies :^)
reuters.com/article/us-china-energy-renewables-idUSKBN14P06P

Can you link them?

>volcanoes exert way more co2 in a single eruption than we have produced
No this is not true. Humans emit 100 times more CO2 than volcanoes.

Good argument.

Yeah I expect so.

newscientist.com/article/dn16892-natural-mechanism-for-medieval-warming-discovered/

>Do you expect cooler temperatures during the Maunder minimum period that we are entering?
I don't know much about changing frequency of sunspots but I expect these happen very rarely.

I'm not an economist, but Germany seems to handle considerable renewable investment, migrants and propping up the Euro while maintaining a good standard of living.

also blue whales and dolphins will die :( that sucks.. I hope we save their dna

What do you think of piers corbyn?

>I suggest reading through this.
>skepticalscience.com/Climategate-CRU-emails-hacked.htm

I suggest you read some climate audit instead of this blatant shilling. as a theoretical physics subhuman this might elude you; but defending the 'trick' is pure shilling, and relies on 99.99% of people not giving a fuck or not having a clue, and just wanting to hear a reassuring narrative.

anyone with actual knowledge of empirical matters can see it plainly as the fraud it is. you dont truncate data because it does not suit your theory. period.

>How do you know it isn't too late to fix it?
I don't think it is. But like I said earlier in thread, the comprise legislators take to get people to agree to these targets means that even when the targets are met we will still be causing considerable damage to the environment.

>ruin our economy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_Germany
Check out the jobs created.
Trump just made a 10% increase in military spending, this could of easily covered all renewable energy research.

aren't we all supposed to have died from a lack of antibiotics by the time global warming gets serious?