"If you have to fight a dragon you should go to it's layer before it comes to your village" J B Peterson

>"If you have to fight a dragon you should go to it's layer before it comes to your village" J B Peterson

rearrange yourself, fight your dragon, save your father

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EN2lyN7rM4E
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew
youtube.com/watch?v=BR8tVB7sNxc
youtube.com/watch?v=DtiRzQMgBDM
youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8LPn4irao
youtube.com/watch?v=U88jj6PSD7w
youtube.com/watch?v=hpAMbpQ8J7g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This guy is the epitome of autism.

sort

lair

>go to the environment it is most comfortable in
>going into a dark cave in search of a dragon
>not just setting up a defense at home

fuck you

shouldn't "layer" be correct too? like the place where it lays

apparently this guy takes too much psychedelics, as one leaf that went to his university

this guy is more obsessed with the holocaust than Sup Forums is

that's why your village is being burnt down by the dragon

AND THATS ALL WELL AND GOOD BUT WHEN YOU COME FACE TO FACE WITH YOUR FATHER AFTER YOUR DESCENT TO THE UNDERWORLD YOU BETTER BELIEVE THATS NO JOKE.

English is not a consistent language.

Also 'layer' either refers to a specific slice of a thicker structure, or in the literal sense, refers to one who lays something.

Yes goyim but what he doesnt say is that in the village there are kikes that would like to benefit from all the chaos and necessities a dragon would bring to the town, so to keep the shekels flowing one must not only wait for the dragon to destroy the town, but to force him to come and to stop any efforts to go to its lair to destroy it.

kek, read it in his voice

oh I see

My father is a drug addict, what do?

I haven't watched much Peterson. Can someone summarize the "save your father" aspect? Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to do so.

kill your father's dealers

>when Jordan is dropping megaton truth bombs of wisdom on his students and they just walk out during the middle of it.

Slap him in the face

Lmao you're too much of a white knight for being so brown.

You sound like a teen that's "inspired" by some shitty image they have of a character through some quotes they read.

checked

In the mesopotamian creation myth they kill the male God and live in his rotting corpse. Society is built on the sacrifice of dead men and it is up to their children to renew and revivify it for the next generation

watch pinnochio

Love you Father

Or just stop with the memes, dont save anyones father, abolish inheritance etc... and move on for once.

His stuff is too esoteric for me to understand. I need the idiots guide to sorting yourself out

it's a meme you dip

jesus christ

Similarly in Egyptian mythology, and we can see an analogous phenomena in Christianity through communion with Christ, but I cannot see the same thing being active in Islam, save perhaps for the phenomena of martyrdom.

The """prophet""" Muhammad himself did not sacrifice himself in any meaningful way, nor is there a story of creation in which a sacrifice is made. The only people who do die for the cause, and in doing so are actually transfiguring death, are the martyrs doing jihad.

What does it mean breh?

he takes big doses of psychedelics so he starts to speak in metaphors too much

cool, so when are we nuking all islamic countries?

>tfw

>married
>two kids
>tenured
>taught at harvard
>worked for thousands of hours helping all kinds of people in his clinic
>post hours of free content on youtube
>deals with the most fundamental problems of existence and makes them accessible
>Christian

He's /ourguy/

Then you have to return to your village with the boon from the underworld and slay the demons within it. Totalitarianism is no joke.

He is based

Islam is based on revenge while Christianity is based on forgiveness.

you got a link on the "save your father" stuff?
i've just started the maps of mememing lectures, but would read the save your father stuff out of order

he believes it though, thats the difference

Pure ideology

He literally does it for freeā„¢

youtube.com/watch?v=EN2lyN7rM4E

sort
it

He's speaking at the National Gallery in Ottawa next week and the event page is littered with ugly Jewey-looking "artist" types kvetching about the safety of the community. Every day it seems to get worse up here

>super high consistency in drawing of ideas and answers from his ever-collecting and self-reflecting mind

ideal

He literally talks about how ideological thinking is garbage and M Y T H O L O G Y is the new (revivified old) hotness.

You're a retard

I'm having trouble sorting myself out.

Anyone got a link?

Is this just generally or a reference to a specific video?

I unfortunately haven't kept up with the man since the UoT debate.

>tfw no Peterson/Zizek talk

it's lair
layer is like brick layer

Kys

selfauthoring.com

Does anyone else think he sounds like Kermit the frog?

>This Event Page is a space dedicated to organizing a peaceful protest. The protest aims to call into question the decision made by the National Gallery of Canada to host a conversation with Jordan Peterson and to demonstrate our opposition to the use of federal funding in a public cultural institution.

This is not a space to debate the views of Jordan Peterson. We are deeply familiar with his position and those views and debates can easily be accessed elsewhere online having received ample energy and attention. Should the National Gallery of Canada wish to engage in a conversation on the topic of allocating public funding to supporting and promoting a known transphobe, we invite their official spokespeople.

In the interest of keeping this space safe and welcoming and focused on love and solidarity, any attempts to derail the primary function of this page will be removed.

Everyone is invited attend next Thursday as we draw critical attention to a poor decision being made by a public institution.
The National Art Gallery of Canada has decided to host Jordan Peterson, a bigotted transphobic pyschology professor at University of Toronto, to host a discussion on "the pyschology of creativity". He has refused to use gender neutral pronouns, has discreditted transgender identities over and over, has denounced Black Lives Matter as an 'unnecessary movement', and is extremely Islamophobic. If you think this is pretty fricked up, join us in protesting at the gallery before his talk.

It's unacceptable for a national institution to support someone with these views and ideologies. Trans people, especially Black and Muslim trans people, deserve to occupy space and to feel safe and accepted doing so.

Our pronouns are not optional.
Our pronouns are not preferred.
Our pronouns are mandatory.

Jesus fucking christ Canada

He does.

>t. rinkeby grenade

He said to sit in your room one day and ask yourself what you can do to make your room better, after finding things in your room that can be improved on, do those things. Make it a habit to ask yourself how you can make your surroundings better and then put effort into actually making those environments greater. Once you've got that, you can start asking how to make yourself better. Those are the steps he said one should take in order to sort oneself out.

>like the place where it lays

oh hue

Underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew

it's completely consistent

BLOODY MARXISTS

youtube.com/watch?v=BR8tVB7sNxc

What I meant by he does is that Peterson himself thinks that he sounds like Kermit the Frog.

>dedicated his life to fight totalitarianism
>/ourguy/
HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAH

still I love his works

>finally taking my cross country road trip
>downloaded over 20 hours of JPB youtube videos to listen to on the ride
>2017 Personality lectures mostly and also a few of his recent uploads

If you drive or have a commute I highly recommend listening to him as you go. Very comfy and enlightening.

Sup Forums is a libertarian-totalitarian polymorphic board

>Our pronouns are mandatory.
It's like they're TRYING to prove him right about everything he's warning against.

>bring the battle to the enemies.

Wasn't that the Iraq war?

>working late at night
>misty night after an ice storm
>roads are fine now but still need to drive slower
>no one is out
>listen to Peterson describe the descent into hell
>almost have to pull over and cry
Truly a profound moment in my life.

>save your father

He an heroed when I was 7. Wat do?

the American state was the enemy and Iraq was to escape goat

this
>tfw you try to support an anti-totalitarian but everything his opponents do makes you slowly become more of a fascist

>Canada
ITS ONTARIO
NOT EVEN QUEBEC CAN RIVAL THEIR KEKOLDRY

>Muslims are a $problem
>conduct terror attacks fairly regularly
>ignored
>they take down two big towers in America
>USA starts PAYING ATTENTION
>decides to fight the dragon in its lair
>doesn't do particularly well but they don't have the resources to attack us in our homes at least
>EU decides to IGNORE THE PROBLEM
>mass migration
>low boil of constant attacks
>law and order breaking down
>chaos reigns

Think what you want but what you brought up only proves JBP's point.

Fucking false, they are both based on subservience, and need too be forgotten. Praise Kek!

Give him the inner peace that he never found by finding it in yourself.

What does he do?

Fuck you mang that got me right in the feels. I do need more inner peace before I kys myself to peaces.

You need forgiveness to have a functioning society.

I'd pay for that shit
Zizek has no expertise though, if you take him out of philosphy/humanities he's a featherweight to someone with actual life experience like Peterson
But in terms of Jungian psychoanalysis, they could come up with brilliant stuff together

So take the story of Adam and Eve, eh? There's a dragon in the garden and God says to Adam, 'sort yourself out, you know you can do it'. But Adam's having none of that and goes and kills Abel. And you might think, yeah, why wouldn't he? It's not good, it's not good at all.

which podcast is that on?

and that's that

i always ear about zizek what he is?

like a commie or something else.

>supporting totalitarianism

Kill yourself cancer

It was one of these two. I don't remember which.

youtube.com/watch?v=DtiRzQMgBDM
youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY

IN THE UKRAINE THEY MADE POSTERS REMINDING PARENTS ITS WRONG TO EAT YOUR CHILDREN

Fuck off you soccer spic

t. abdul

woah

>if you have to fight a shit, you should go to the lavatory before it comes to your village

Source?

The self-authoring suite is a project JBP himself helped create where ppl can sort themselves out.

Zizek, with his nervous hyperactivity, is Super-Ego

Ok, for real, to break it down to you, he's an unironic marxist, extremely erudite in philosophy, psychonanalysis and pop-culture, and that somehow ends up saying more conservative and reactionary things than a lot of the right-wing.. so he's amazingly entertaining because of his discourse but also the controversies he causes in left-wing circles
As for intellectual value, I personally think his psychoanalysis stuff is top-tier, and I've heard his philosophical stuff is ok, but not that great

Have some on the house:
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8LPn4irao
youtube.com/watch?v=U88jj6PSD7w
youtube.com/watch?v=hpAMbpQ8J7g

I like peterson, I came to similar conclusions on my own but he really shapes those ideas and links them together, and I enjoy listening to him

ROUGHLY SPEAKING OF COURSE

How's that glimpse of female-totalitarianism working for you?

"lair" you retarded mongrel

It's sound advice. A dragon that can fly will roast you instead of clawing you. Can't fly too well in its lair, which is usually a cave, forcing it to fight as a beast and not a jet. How that turns to politics, beyond me