Is there an official Sup Forums HAM radio frequency we can talk in if SHTF and the liberals take down the internet...

Is there an official Sup Forums HAM radio frequency we can talk in if SHTF and the liberals take down the internet somehow?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oF-DMhpJOAI
websdr.org
youtu.be/CqvWnAfRrhE
books.google.com/books?id=J7wUxCzf98AC
books.google.com/books?id=p5I4KXfAd4cC
u.osmfr.org/m/130927/
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747/web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Half chan regularly posts these.
In reality it will probably be actual posters on walls. Build your networks early nothing is more valuable than social bonds.

NOT POLITICS OR NEWS

HOW MANY FUCKING THREADS DO I NEED TO SAGE BEFORE YOU SHILLS FUCK OFF

I'm not a shill you shill

I want to stay in contact with Sup Forumsbros over the radio once it happens.

would you rather have the shitty mollywhatever threads?

I've been wanting to get into HAM radio for years. Just don't have enough $$$. This is a good thread, thanks for making it. Fuck this guy.

Sup Forums is more CB radio then ham radio. Try channel 6 its all niggers with 10,000 Watts.

Chink ham radios are like $40. Only need to spend more if you want beyond line of sight.

I was of the impression you needed at least around $1000 to get you started.

Jesus you aren't joking

My $40 CB radio will talk 1000+ miles with the right atmospheric conditions Aka skip. Every day at noon time on the west coast I talk to the east coast. You cannot talk across the block with your Baofang without a repeater.

Bump

IRL shitposting all day everyday many of those nogs are redpilled because they had enough money to buy gear or enough brains to copy someone else's.

God damn this "prime minister" nigger is pushing 100kw

" This is Baby boy, Baby boy, Baby boy. You got the Baby boy here the Baby boy the Baby boy. "

So I don't have any radios. What is HAM or CB? My grandfather owns a radio shop I think so I can hook myself up.

What kinda stuff do I need to know? And what "channels" should I look for?

>2014
>russian and khokhol hams started to argue about Crimea on the daily basis
>they designed a separate frequency to do audio shitposting
>wait a sec, that looks familiar

Imagery will soon be available via shortwave cheap and cheerful from our yellow overlords.
Still better to meet incognito for a trusted group

If you go Ham you need a federal government approved licence. Your name will be linked to your call sign easally searchable on the internet. Basically every time you talk you tell anyone listening your name and your address. You get to join a club with a bunch of assurgers telling you how they need to protect their radio spectrum and promote it so the FCC doesn't take it away.

If you like electronics and like to talk about antennas and antenna theory then get your ham ticket. You can also join clubs where you pretend to be a cop or emergency response communication tech. Honestly it's a good way to make contacts if your trying to get into a field like engineering.

Come on, don't be retarded
Just buy a transceiver and use pirate bands
As long as you don't interfere with broadband stations the goverment won't give a fuck 'bout you

Yep do this but remember it's not the Government you need to worry about. It's those mean old hamms that will threaten you with vandalism of your equipment or personal harm. Knowing that if they did any of those things they would be liable in civil court.

When I was a teenager I fucked around on CB (citizen's band). You have 40 channels with channel 2 being for police I think. I remember channel 19 was basically designated for truckers.

The radios are cheap and easy to use. Maximum legal wattage was 4 watts but you can get a booster (illegal) to transmit and receive farther. Night time is better than day for communication because of the ionosphere. You can have on in your car or house and they are easy to operate.

It as fun. I mostly trolled and fucked around on it.

Oh shit Gigga nigga incoming

See CB rocks they get all the way to new Zealand.

>being a HAM cuck
who /pirate radio/ here?

How would I get into pirate radio?

Get yourself a ssb for boats connect it to a pactor modem get on the internet. Send some email packets or shitpost in Sup Forums

Do you want to have Conversations or just transmit?

Ive just the plan to have the option.

Conversation makes the most sense. What kinda stuff do you transmit?

>What kinda stuff do you transmit?
you can send maymays

youtube.com/watch?v=oF-DMhpJOAI

For anyone interested in getting started in HAM radio, here's what you want;

A baofeng UV-5R (Or any variant of the 5R they're all the same internally) and a telescopic 3ft VHF/UHF antenna for it.

Beautiful cheap little set, easy to use and reliable.
People complain that it is hard to program but the thing about that is those people want to just drag-n-drop stations from their computer to the handset and give them cute names. Completely pointless and unnecessary, programming the handset yourself on the go can be done in a matter of ten seconds or so.

Now, technically the power output and frequency range of the UV-5R does actually require that you have an INTERMEDIATE license, the FOUNDATION license does not cover a high enough output wattage for the UV-5R, however, in practice this is never going to be an issue, if you want to be "legal" the foundation license will suffice.

Find out the 2m repeaters in your area, there will be resources that list them especially if you're a britbong like myself.

I'm on the GB3FG 2m analogue repeater right now, hit me up faggots.

Sometimes people refer to small low watt FM transmitters as pirate radio. like if you want to be a neighborhood DJ and play Erika to the people 2 houses over. If you want to talk to niggers and trailer trash get a CB radio. If you want to talk to your friends down the block get some of those little radios from wall Mart. If you want to talk about antennas with old autistic men then get a Ham radio.

That is the most random thing ive ever heard. How do I get into radio? I want to talk to people late at night. Link to equipment/wiki page? Google words?

If you're interested in SDR you can get started easily with any number of free software tools and a cheap USB radio.

Or you could use an online SDR service;
websdr.org

Cb radio for poorfags who want to listen to ch6

youtu.be/CqvWnAfRrhE

i would reccomend starting with some books about RF. start with the ARRL ham radio license manual, it has some decent information to get started with RF

books.google.com/books?id=J7wUxCzf98AC

if you understand that and want to continue look into some more technical books like books.google.com/books?id=p5I4KXfAd4cC

also if you just want to mess around some do like what said, look into GNUradio and buy a usb antenna

If anyone has questions I'll try to answer, i'm totally behind the idea of a Sup Forums HAM network and can help with advice about antennas or the mechanics behind it all.

Thank you!

I can hike up to the highest point in Southern California and put up a repeater.

Do it on gmrs so we can all use it

Just for listening buy yourself an RTL SDR Reciever.

With a easy transmitter, I can listen to my cars remote control, reapeat it and unlock my car from my computer. This may or may not work with other vehicles.

I use a Raspberry pi

to transmit a signal? Spoonfeed me my man.

For a Sup Forums Ham channel will it just be a channel number we set our HAM radios to? And will the radios have the range needed for a Sup Forums?

Google sdr raspberry pi transmit. Though it's better to just buy a cheap transmitter.

>For a Sup Forums Ham channel will it just be a channel number we set our HAM radios to?

I'm not in charge but yeah, groups will have to agree on frequencies/channels used and it'll have to not interfere with other shit.

>will the radios have the range needed for a Sup Forums?

Well that's a thing, unless you've got a base station bouncing transmissions through the atmosphere the range is limited yes.

The little radio I mentioned earlier, the UV-5R, with a good third-party antenna can easily open a repeater a good 15M away or more. If you live in an area with a decent population then there will be someone you can talk with.

The very first step would be collecting that information, roughly where are the people who want to do this? I can tell you right now there's going to be very limited if any communication across the pond but if you live in a city you'll be golden.

Even for me stuck down here in Wales I know there's a lot of Welsh Sup Forums users so we can make this work.

>EVERYTHING I DONT LIKE IS A SLIDE THREAD

fuck off retard.

Ya I want to stay anonymous in the spirit of Sup Forums so using frequencies that are low and travel thousands of miles without having to rely on repeters would be best. Also not using ham bands. We could all pretend we are on boats and use marine ssb frequencies.

>just got my tech license a few months ago.
>about to get my general license.
>MFW I see this thread on Sup Forums

I know that's the dream but it isn't going to happen, if you realistically want this to work you're going to have to be local.

Be as anonymous as you can but try to be realistic, until shit actually does hit the fan there's guidelines, especially in america, that have to be maintained.

To start this venture it's going to have to be local groups.

I wanna live the dream

So yeah like 10-20 miles FM

So I live just off the middle of USA. (Chicago and St. Louis isn't to far) I'd I wanted a proper Sup Forums Ham radio channel I would need "repeaters" dotted across the country (which should enable people in LA to talk with people in NY.) Meaning in theory I could have a USA Sup Forums. What would I need to have an across the pond connection?

Also would it be easy enough to organize through Sup Forums maby make a pastebin or something to keep track or something?

Can you not have undocumented pirate radios?
If that's what I wanted how would we do it?

Let's do CB packet radio then. I mean unless we are going to talk about how long our antennas are we don't belong on legal ham radio frequencies.

You absolutely can but then you're getting into serious output wattage and antenna masts, that sort of thing can't be considered mobile or discrete unless you happen to build it on a ship.

These days they come down hard on pirate radio stations, that's my concern there. The thought of some user putting together a system like that only to get trod on doesn't sit well with me.

Legal ham frequencies are the most suitable though, unless you want vans after you.

How about we use stations as repeters annons could relay info longer distances. that way no equipment to maintain or get vandalized by hams. If u use VHF murs channels or licenced business band channels no one is using and a 60w mobile for $80 on Amazon u can reach 25 miles or so.

The only vans are the ones hams dream about when they hear people on their frequencies. FCC in the USA could care less about radio. Unless you interfere with public safety,air or a whole bunch of ham operators complain enough and have connections with people in the FCC. Ya ham is great and everyone should get a licence join a club and learn about antenna theroy. But for Sup Forums we should use CB am it's cheap and proven. It's a spectrum no one cares about anymore.

There are kits online you can buy build or complete. Legal power is like 500mw or something so you won't be transmitting far unless u want to be s real pirate.

>born just in time to anonimously shitpost after the happening hits the fan

Fair enough then, I defer to your experience here because I don't actually know anything about US operation. Just assumed they were as up-their-asses over there as they are over here.

I still think it'd be interesting and useful to use something like uMap to place POIs on a custom map, to get a basic overview of location and interest in this project though.

u.osmfr.org/m/130927/

Obviously it shouldn't need to be said but don't put the POI on your house.

Realistically you and I could make a contact now using a low frequency ssb am. No repeater infrastructure needed. my ham ticket only allows 2m and 70cm band so that won't get me far plus I'm not self doxxing with my call sign.

Furthermore, I think it's a great idea to have a know Sup Forums frequency. Doesn't everyone have a family band\ gmrs radio they got for Christmas. You can use repeater on gmrs if you buy a licence. it's not like a Ham ticket because u dont have to transmit a call sign.

What can I do besides talking?

Can I transmit digital stuff?

Also, what am I getting the antenna for? What's the default range of the radio?

I guess the biggest thing is- we need a gpg style trust network for Sup Forums. Even then I'd be very cautious.

Wouldn't you be pinpointed by triangulation? (I don't understand wave physics very well and I don't suppose I can get doppler effect in a car but I'm sure there would be some way).

doppler effect for radio waves (in case a 14 year plebbitor kid tries to correct me)

>baofeng UV-5R
i thought about this but thought there is no way i can get a working ham radio for $25

someone beat you to it, 147.435Mhz is basically pol

the hams are mad in CA because weed growing lights are interfering with their signals but no one gives a shit

That collapsible antenna is relatively easy to break, I'd recommend the Nagoya NA-24J or 771, and also the BF-F8HP instead of the older UV-5R radio

Ya if you transmit you can be tracked. Mobile is the best way if you don't want a dox. If you live in a city and don't have a viable antenna it will take longer to pinpoint exact location due to number of houses and apartments to check. Also depends on who and why your being tracked. if we just key up to say hi and talk for a few min a day at different times on frequencies people who are not anal retentive use no one will be tracking anyone.

I hate to further bring attention to my home board, but /diy/ regularly has HAM threads, you may want to look into them.

We can create our own P2P HAM Radio Internet using repeaters.

Reading HAMs whining about 147.435Mhz on the internet is pretty funny

>P-pls FCC make them stop swearing!!

I see.

There's also the issue that I somehow doubt the level of discourse would be much better on there. I guess we will no longer have the 14 year olds but the plebbitors with Dunning-Kruger will ruin it all

redpill me on this packet internet thing

what gear do i need

can servers be setup?

Not just weed lights but any led bulb puts out interference too. I have the most trouble with a church transmitting with an illegal overpowered station. blanks out my receive on am and FM for about a half mile radius. FCC doesn't care and local hams will not complain because it's a community service business, and they don't want to look bad.

yeah their argument is "we need this for emergencies!" but in case of an actual emergency the weed lights will probably be out so they can't really complain too much.

Much appreciation.

It's fun to have an open forum on air. honestly the best way to make people who are interfering with transmissions stop is to ignore them completely.

how my head

I haven't heard of anything but that would be hilarious.

I guess I'm in, let's repeat this thread once a week so I remember to buy gear and to talk to you guys.

this might be of your interest/you may be able to help out here.

>147.435Mhz
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747/web

Here you can listen live to the guys chatting. Fairly funny. It bounces in and out though.

Would you guys recommend any "SDR"? I'm reading up on this thing and it looks like if I get an SDR I can do other cool stuff too.

So 20 or so posters here if any of you have a CB radio I can talk skip to Florida, South Carolina,Alabama and most of the eastern seaboard at noon to 2pm pdt with conditions right now. as the day moves on I receive further west. then at sunset I get Hawaii.

I use the free software and bought the TV dongle. it works OK needs some mods and a good outside antenna for long receive. There are lots of kits now though some that transmit too. I like sdr because I can listen to p25 and Motorola digital encryption.

FYI SDR is a European network... I don't think that the infrastructure is in India... You might want to check out DMR radios. Motorola is the primer user of DMR and they have infrastructure worldwide. There are also cheaper Motorola radio clones that use the same DMR repeater software as Motorola but are way cheaper (like Connect Systems)

14.88 kHz LSB

MURS channel 4 for short range comms, 1488khz for long range.

Listen at 4:20pm

Yes this should have been obvious

Do you enjoy talking on the 30,000 meter band? I think you want MHz

I wonder if it's possible for poorfags to broadcast anonymously on ham radio...

mfw a Sup Forums bro hikes Mt. Baldy

KHz man.