Redpill me on physics. Is it a scam?

Redpill me on physics. Is it a scam?

Yes, stay away from all technology invented in the last 500 years.

500? A real red pilled meme warrior doesn't need anything invented after 2000 BC, faggit.

it's the application of mathematic (the most strict form of logic) to the problems/questions of nature

no joke, I studied physics in college, but after getting redpilled on the JQ, I'm not sure if any of that shit makes sense

Nothing is irrational in modern physics, just some is counterintuitive

Mathematics can be used to describe any conceivable reality.

Why is this particular set of mathematical constructs seen as the only allowable one?

physicist here, The last great physicist was Richard Feynman, After that the field was jewed by " Atheism " and Hating on Philosophy the mother of knowledge.

we're setting ducks in this field right now

We need the greeks back

Too many people are more interested in 'theoretical' physics. Theoretical physics are more entertaining because you don't have to do a lot of math or really be particularly intelligent to come up with some reasonable and practical theories.

Quantum physics is purely theoretical, for example. It's a very entertaining subject to talk about and think about, but it simply has no real-world application. Aristotelian physics are useful, theoretical physics are not 99% of the time. They're mostly thought experiments, and that's fine when like

Sorry, I meant to say
>you don't have to do a lot of math or really be particularly intelligent to come up with some widely accepted theories that have no reasonable nor practical applications, nor make any sense based on what we know, but get accepted anyway because either we'd like them to be true, or just because they sound cool.

Because we are in this one

Not saying it was scam, but: Are all of those abstract theories like string vibration theory or multiple universe theory confirmed or are those only for clickbait articles?

>numberphile
I've only seen like three of their videos but I got the feeling that it was something you watch to make yourself feel smarter, but with no tangible benefits. Mathsturbation, if you will.

>Mathematics can be used to describe any conceivable reality.
this is what STEM virgins unironically believe KEK

Hmmmm, Im gonna have to do my research on aristotelian physics, I've only ever heard its name and basic concept

hahahahahaha

what am i looking at?

Physics is fucking gay dude, and dangerous, too. That stupid shit destroyed my foot.

>this thread
Jesus christ how embarrassing

You need to understand that physics try to model reality and it is not entirely accurate. But accurate enough for about every application.
Also at the lowest level it is hard to comprehend at first because our minds are evolutionary made to comprehend the world we see - not a world that is basically invisible to us (as most quantum effects are simply not there on a macro scale).
But besides math there are tons of experiments that back it up.
Also - honestly, you are browsing this website with a computer or a mobile device with a processor that contains about a fibblion transistors. Do you think we pray to god and those things magically appear?
Or flash memory. Basic application of quantum physics.
Do you know how a laser works? You can't make this shit up man.
Yes - high tier theoretical physic is on crazy exploration stuff and not everything is gold but a scam? Come on.

Modern science doesn't pursue the Good as an end in itself. Who the fuck cares about matter anyway? Study metaphysics.

Quantum computing is a real application that will increase computer speed ten fold