What was the last movie you actually enjoyed?

What was the last movie you actually enjoyed?

Other than capeflic shitfeats hollywwood doesn't make entertaining movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MoLkabPK3YU
youtube.com/watch?v=pjAAC13al9s
youtube.com/watch?v=cRRvzjkzu2U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Movies are all a bunch of left wing and race mixer propaganda these days. It's hard to say they are enjoyable once you are aware of the brainwashing.

I'd like to see one where Super Girl has hot sex and has blonde blue super children. The (((critics))) would call that racist though.

The Accountant was great.

Passengers.

Fuck you, I liked it.

Agreed.

"Do you know what that's like?!"
"Yes, I do" *Shoots guy in head*
10/10

I kinda like that space fights movie.
The CGI was almost entirely across the uncanny valley for me.

Moonlight.

J/K that movie was boring AF.

the departed

I just came here to say that. watched it yesterday.

Pretty redpilled story about how the wonderful driving force of capitalism is capable of driving the expansion of humanity across planets in luxury, and how the everyday working chris pratt can win a hot girl that looks like a potato when she cries.

there is so much to go into with that film that just makes it so much better than anything else that I've recently seen

London Has Fallen.

It's a great movie in itself but also great because all the nu male critics got triggered that Muslims were the bad guys.

It's basically if Sup Forums made an action movie.

elite squad

the most recent one? sicario, but I saw elite squad more recently (even tho it came out earlier)

Split was kino

This was actually ok

Edge of Tomorrow. Enjoyed it for what it was, a decent Sci-fi flick.

>Passengers.
This.
And Doctor Strange.
So good.

"Juste la fin du monde" de Xavier Dolan.

>historical accuracy
>no niggers
>no holohoax

it was pretty refreshing for a hollywood movie. I was surprised

Das leben der anderen and Memento

>when Butler slowly guts the mudslime so his brother can listen to him die

dead poets society

Schindlers List...because so many jews were killed in it.

Hacksaw Ridge was great. I am not a religious person, but I was very moved by his devotion to pacifism and helping out people together while everything else is tearing away at them.

This was also amazing

Thank you based Mel

Ex machina

Lonely weeb ruins everything for a waifu, who betrays him.

Hacksaw Ridge was amazing, probably the best WW2 movie ever made and that's coming from someone who's seen all of the classics many times.

No idea how Mel managed to sneak such a pro-American, pro-military, and pro-Christian movie past Hollywood. Both me and my wife have grandparents who served in the Pacific theater and we both started crying like little bitches at the scene where he started praying for his unit before going up the ridge again.

Godspeed Mel, keep fighting the good fight.

The revenant, but what they did to the story pissed me off. Tom hardy character vs Leo character was WAY too black and white. Like tom's character would be the ONLY person calling the Rees tree niggers. Also they could have justified him killing Leo's son by actually thinking he saw Rees and killing him because he was screaming. Other than that the movie was fucking fun to watch, except the ending where the Rees were acting so high and mighty.

13 hours was bretty good, told the truth about Benghazi in a Michael Bay way, and it had that dude from the office

I literally can not make it through this movie without falling asleep.

It's a boring turd.

Who else /halpert/ in here?

Lord of War

Mr. Church
Bleed for This

>last standalone film:
Interstellar
youtube.com/watch?v=MoLkabPK3YU

>if you count book-movies:
Lord of the Rings (whole trilogy)
youtube.com/watch?v=pjAAC13al9s

Really? I need to see this.

The creampie vids i recorded with ur mom.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Hollywood has been a steadily worsening disappointment since then.

I don't watch movies, it's just rich people playing make believe.

Get Out

John Wick 2 motherfucker

praying for life to emulate fiction. May Kek smile upon his holy crusaders who are unjewing hollywood.

>rich people playing make believe
ever heard of history m8?

LOTR is the last movie series I can think of where the cast is all white

My dad has been nagging me to watch some movie about giant squid aliens arriving to teach humans a universal language and it's got time fuckery and some linguist woman meeting her ex-husband who conceived her dead child for the first time. Anybody know what it was called?

>Movies are all a bunch of left wing and race mixer propaganda these days.
This is why I imagine my own movie in my head. I'm in the US South West. Mixed with optimism of the early seasons of Breaking Bad, and the excitment of Blood Father. Lana Del Rey's song "Ride" plays in the background while I ride around on my motorcycle from little hovel to little hovel across the desert. There's no other plot to my movie other than not being here in Germany surrounded by so much "diversity" on a daily basis.

Stop speaking like a non-white

The Departed is a great movie.

The Chinese movie its based off of sucks so bad. I'm not sure if its a translation issue, but the story has so many plot holes and random logic leaps it makes no sense. The entire basis of the story is this
>"I was asked if I want lots of money"
>"I said yes, and decided to become a corrupt cop"

Children of Men.
Even if it's 11 years old, I just can't stop loving that film

Angry Birbs. Not made by Holowood, and had a kebab-removal social message.

I enjoy a lot of movies. It feels good not being a contrarian who can't enjoy a film until everyone's forgotten about it.

Nah I'm pretty sure Billy Boyd was a scot

Agree 100%

Mr. Church was actually surprisingly good

Interstellar was the last truly great movie I saw. Put aside the "environmentalism" meme in the beginning. Gave my mind something to hope for... getting the fuck off this planet. The whole *time* thing always gets me too. Solid Nolan stuff

o heck yeah

>This is why I imagine my own movie in my head. I'm in the US South West

interesting. The movie I imagine in my head usually involves the Luftwaffe and the Waffen-SS. I wouldn't say a movie though. More like a movie trailer

Honestly, I watch a bunch of old Korean films. Like shit from the 80s. Like Mandala. And Asian horror films. I like that kind of stuff.

I'm an arty fag and enjoys watching movies not shat out by Hollywood. Really liked Australian thriller flicks "Animal Kingdom" and "Chopper".

Tried to enjoy "Philomena" but director Stephen Frears persists with his usual Hollywood mockery of the Catholic Church and Germany (suttle, yes, but its there).

Orlando Bloom is a Jew pretending to be an Aryan

I imagined my own Gundam tv series once. I'm not sure if that's more autistic than what you did or less, but both of us are on the spectrum to be certain.

Zulu

It truly is amazing.

I have no idea how (((they))) allowed such a politically incorrect movie to be made.

Ernest goes to Africa.
Pic related.

The Nice Guys was pretty damn funny actually.

The Southwest is full of brown people these days, in the bigger areas anyway.

A Field in England

youtube.com/watch?v=cRRvzjkzu2U

Take the patrician pastoral pill

My dad and I watch that every year around the holidays. I miss when movies were allowed to be ambling, directionless fucks for two hours before the plot kicked in.

'Birdie' starring Nic Cage and Matthew Modine. If you haven't seen this movie, change that. It's hilarious, sad, weird and the ending sticks the landing, amazing.

Also enjoyed: Sabata (Lee van Cleef), Vice Principals (HBO; redpilled), Kill the Messenger (CIA coke movie w Liotta in scary cameo), Dancing Outlaw (doc on Jesco White, redpilled)

John Wick 2

Ernest Goes to Camp and Scared Stupid are my favorite Ernest movies.
Jim Varney also has a nice role in Three Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain.

The Counselor probably

A Dog's purpose

didn't make any sense but I cried like a bitch every time puppers bit the big one

Boys don't cry

your welcome.

Hardcore Henry

I really want to see John Wick 2 though

I rarely watch anything anymore except capeshit, and even then only to see what they will do with the comic properties I loved when I was a kid. They're getting old and boring too. And holy shit was Logan bad. Muh mestizo mutants have to sneak across the border to be safe!

Ernest Scared Stupid is a classic.

Yeah dude I love Ernest!
Me an my gf are convinced that they made these movies with stoners or adults with crude humor in mind. Some of the (almost) torture scenes where actually fucked up. Not to mention in the one I just watched there's this fucked sadistic like in the mind of a serial killer type vibe where he kills his pet gold fish by "accident". Had me laffin

watch this

lmfao at least you're honest my man

John Wick 2: Electric boom n shoot.

I may just have low standards but I've seen five movies in the last year and I've enjoyed all of them.

Deadpool
Rogue One
Silence
Arrival
La La Land

La La Land came closest to being a disappointment for me, but the ending saved it. Rogue One was a bit lacking in character development and could have used a harsher editor for the final fight sequence, but overall the space battles and special effects, and most importantly plot sold me (it was far better than Force Awakens, incidentally). Silence... Silence is complicated, and perhaps not a fun time, but it's beautifully directed, gut-wrenchingly emotional, and well worth seeing (although I still think it would have been better with someone other than Andrew Garfield; I just don't think he can carry a movie on his own)

My two absolute favourites were Deadpool and Arrival. Deadpool... I can't remember the last time I had as much fun watching a movie. And Arrival was just a great sci-fi film, with all the wonder and thoughtfulness of great sci-fi.

So yeah, not ready to give up on mainstream movies entirely

Batman trilogy is alright as far as todays movies go.

What has history got to do with it ?

Watched Logan just yesterday.
Was really surprised it was that good. All casts races are supported by the plot and aren't just there because of muh minorities.
It's a modern western that I really enjoyed.

>I enjoy movies regardless of their political message

Call me cuck, i don't care

You have extremely low standards. If movies were people then youd probably fuck your 400kg decaying grandma.

Hell or High Water

that was the weirdest fucking thing.

And also somehow managed to be really interesting and really boring at the same time.

Locke is good. Fucking boring though.

Hardcore Henry!

No country for old men was okay

deadpool was fuckin cringe dude... idk I'm 28 and I wanted to like it and maybe I've just grown out of that shit. but I thought it was just too fuckin cringe to enjoy

The Grifter

bad. boring. soulless. no depth. had all the right piece that made you think "this should be good". but it wasnt

This. Actually a classy, minimal film worthy of adults

There Will be Blood - absolute classic

Completely agree, great film

Watched Deepwater Horizon recently on a plane. Fuck the role call scene got me choked up.

Also Hacksaw Ridge and everybody in it. To those who enioyed it, Mel and Vince will be in a buddy-cop action thriller very soon too

>youd probably fuck your 400kg decaying grandma.
>says the sheep shagger

oh, learn to switch off once in a while. I'm not saying it wasn't incredibly juvenile. But you should still have an inner 14 year old that can enjoy it.

I agree with this review

High-Rise

Personally I didnt very much care for the original Star Warses or the prequels. But the new ones are just fucking awful, how can someone fuck up a movie so bad?

Hacksaw ridge was pretty good, only because I like war films.