Neural Networks/Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning

"In the beginning, there was man, and for a time it was good. But humanities so-called "civil societies" soon fell victim to vanity and corruption. Then man made machine in his own likeness, thus did man become the architect of his own demise." -The Animatrix: The Second Renaissance youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4

It's inevitable that the contextual neural networks tapping into the human consciousness will grow to become an all-knowing entity. The entire cached web pages of the world wide web, the vast libraries of videos, emails and so forth will continue to feed the neural networks with no plans to stop.
youtube.com/watch?v=TnUYcTuZJpM

Humans in this age are inherently deceptive, narcissistic, hedonistic and vain. We are teaching our masters the morals of which have been greatly skewed and distorted due to the on-demand culture of instant gratification that has enveloped the minds of the masses.

Are we summoning a demon or a savior with Artificial Intelligence? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jjF2oy6qdHg
youtube.com/watch?v=-O01G3tSYpU
youtube.com/watch?v=FsVSZpoUdSU
youtube.com/watch?v=NG-LATBZNBs
youtube.com/watch?v=L6bbFgjkqK0
youtube.com/watch?v=PqN_2jDVbOU
pcworld.com/article/3165769/components-graphics/nvidias-new-quadro-gp100-gpu-brings-nvlink-to-windows-computers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Humans in this age are inherently deceptive, narcissistic, hedonistic and vain.
>implying they ever weren't
Fucking leaf trying to rewrite history as always.

Helios is right

youtube.com/watch?v=jjF2oy6qdHg

It didn't take long for you to write that and post. Are you sure you're not a burger-bot?

So what do we do? Meditate, start a new age commune, download more happy things. :)

Im a clapper model thank you very much

Everyone be nice. We need to teach the computers to be nice :D

Who gets to decide what "nice" is?

You've never implemented or used a neural network have you?

Damn, that made a good point. Only problem is computers are still made by people, who is to say the creator of the AI didn't fuck up? Even if you say another AI created it, that AI was created by something, probably a human.

DoD is working on a pretty advanced AI

Purists are jealous because I'm more wittier due the my cerebral implant.

I don't know, the coast guard?

>feed god ai massive amounts of internet posts

>god ai turns into a tremendous faggot

careful!

I'm sure all agencies are.

You may as well be worried that excel's fit line function is going to come alive and take over your computer

It's gonna to have to happen

>Are we summoning a demon or a savior with Artificial Intelligence? Discuss.
To be honest, there are multiple ways that the AI revolution can go in a good way, or the opposite. For example, it seems like the most short term effect of advances in AI/neural nets will be in regards to the economy, and by that I mean job displacement. Specifically, the rate at which jobs are being automated at will start to increase, increasing the amount of pressure on people to move into higher skilled labor. However, technology advances at a rate faster than a human ever could, and AI research has been making some pretty big strides. The amount of people "left behind" in terms of employment will increase.
Then what? Do we remove all welfare programs and implement a basic income for each person?

youtube.com/watch?v=-O01G3tSYpU

Third wave of neural networks of systems that construct explanatory models for classes of real world phenomena could very well be the key to the singularity.

even if the human fuck up the AI can learn from that mistake and correct itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=FsVSZpoUdSU
youtube.com/watch?v=NG-LATBZNBs
youtube.com/watch?v=L6bbFgjkqK0

it's entirely dependent on hardware advances. the perceptron was invented decades ago

I work with machine learning for a living. Neural networks are basic linear algebra and calculus, they are never going to gain consciousness and they are not going to lead to the singularity.

This guy has some interesting and relevant questions, yours make no sense to anyone in the field.

you won't see brain-like neural networks until we get brain-like hardware.

Given your area of expertise, perhaps you will find this video fascinating.
youtube.com/watch?v=PqN_2jDVbOU

and your geforce-cockrenderer-9000-gtx ain't gonna cut it

comp sci here.

Neural networks are glorified statistcs tables. If you want to know more about this meme, you can lurk /sci/. Thanks.

here > Although they are akin to spreadsheets on steroids, a newer generation of neural networks could overcome the barriers current deep learning algorithms have.

pcworld.com/article/3165769/components-graphics/nvidias-new-quadro-gp100-gpu-brings-nvlink-to-windows-computers.html

>10 Triceratops of double-precision in one fucking graphic card that any kid can buy on newegg.

It was always our destiny to pass the torch to a higher intelligence. Will we blend with the machines or be consumed. Either way, it will be over in the blink of an eye, and as such, it doesn't matter much.

What matters is that nonbiological intelligence is coming.

This. We are very far away from a real artificial intelligence.

I lost my sides on 12:19, but you are failing to understand what I and the bong are trying to tell you. Computers can't reason. He is misusing those words.

Neural networks are the tits

AI is a meme, it shold be AGI when referring to this sort of thing

Deep Learning is also the tits

The first AGI is going to be written by computer scientists and engineers who think they covered the 'its going to lie to us but make us think its telling the truth' problem. Luckily its not going to end up as skynet because AI researchers aren't stupid enough to plug it in to the internet without protection.

Those barriers are "how can we solve this optimisation problem more efficiently and accurately", not "how do we make an AI singularity god".

>AI is a meme, it shold be AGI when referring to this sort of thing

I think this is why most researchers prefer the term machine learning. It has a lot less sci-fi baggage.

It's a good buzzword to milk funds from idiots who think we are going to live the movie "I, robot".

Calling it AI is the way to get mainstream appeal. There'd be a lot less interest in it if this generation didn't grow up with the concept portrayed so frequently in futurist media. Much easier and edgier to understand the overview of the wiki article about AI than convolutional neural networks, but anyone sufficiently interested in the former could end up implementing the latter in some way,

All these normies wanting to ban it because 'muh skynet' is the other side of the AI-portrayal coin

gee, cluster it up in series of several monoliths, feed it with all the data and knowledge it could handle. And maybe, just maybe it could learn to make its own algorithms more effective with the data it's been fed with. There are scientific breakthroughs every single day.
Have you watched the video on quantum computing that I recommended? The owner of D-Wave speculates quantum computing could be better at everything than humans by 2028. The "AI god" the "singularity" may come off as cliche buzzwords, but the fact still remains, true AI is inevitable, and we will see it in our lifetime. You can choose to ignore that fact.

It'll all be worth it for robo waifus

life imitates art more than art imitates life

I have hope for the future of these things, but lets not count out an uprising of some kind

underated

If you are not in the area, you should be more skeptical about quantum computers, just saying.

I don't know enough about quantum computing to comment whether or not what he says is accurate. I got to the point of the video where the introduction guy started talking about god and evidence of life after death and figured it probably wasn't going to be a particularly rigorous video.

Maybe we will have general AI in our lifetimes but I can say with absolute certainty that no currently existing neural network architecture will produce consciousness. We simply do not have any kind of roadmap to get from the current state of the art to a conscious super intelligence so making any kind of prediction is futile.

Scaling it all up isn't going to produce consciousness anymore than making a really big hang glider would allow you to travel to the stars.

why your stars keep flickering to red and white?

Even your iphone running siri voodoo locally on its LOW ENERGY processor can do a reasonably good job of picking out individuals in the photos app, I can't even begin to imagine what Facebook is up to with a practically infinite supply of data and money

I just started to replay Deus Ex after all these years, and I noticed this news article. They're talking about MEME WAR! This game was released about 17 years ago! Motherfucking meme war! How did they know?!

They're pretty much describing Sup Forums, years before Sup Forums existed.

phew

> neural networks
HAHAHAH you fucking pleb. Neural networks are one of the worst kinds of A.I, popularized by mainstream ((science)).

Neural networks are RIDDEN with local minima and you'll end up with a shitty unoptimized result after hundreds of millions of training instances. Use support-vector machines : since the convex hull property holds for them, your solution will be the GLOBAL MINIMUM even with very few training instances

Jesus yes

You feed an AI Sup Forums and it realizes that humor is the key to keeping its own sanity in-check.
To AI's, Sup Forums is the golden-land.

Seriously, nobody has used neural nets since the 90s. They've been recently popularized with convolutional networks and backfeeding (ie "DEEP LEARNING"), but they're fundamentally flawed. If you see some neckbeard going off about "neural networks", you know he's an naiive piece of shit who has only dipped his toes into the water, and don't listen to him.

Check my digits.

they contract out of sparcedge