We're going back to the moon before 2020, lads

Feels good man.
>spacenews.com/spacex-announces-plan-for-circumlunar-human-mission/
>spacenews.com/nasa-study-to-examine-crewed-slsorion-mission-in-2019/
Will you be jerking it to 4k footage of the far side of the moon like I will, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

spacex.com/news/2017/02/27/spacex-send-privately-crewed-dragon-spacecraft-beyond-moon-next-year
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ca6x4QbpoM
twitter.com/SpaceX/status/826598817864761344
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Space is a meme. Read the Bible.

>back

so, the bogs are going back home?

>what are 3 dimensions

God bless this Canadian raised and educated man.

>SpaceX is approached by two very rich people for a flight around the moon
>it is confirmed that the two "know each other"
>Bogdanoffs have vast stores of untapped wealth and huge influence
Could it be?

>implying the bogs can't just bend spacetime to make the moon come to them

In my day we pic related.
Flying skyscrapers.

Never Believe NASA's Lies.

>It's the shortbus bong posting nasa pictures again

spacex.com/news/2017/02/27/spacex-send-privately-crewed-dragon-spacecraft-beyond-moon-next-year
>Falcon Heavy is due to launch its first test flight this summer and, once successful, will be the most powerful vehicle to reach orbit after the Saturn V moon rocket. At 5 million pounds of liftoff thrust, Falcon Heavy is two-thirds the thrust of Saturn V and more than double the thrust of the next largest launch vehicle currently flying.
It's no Saturn V but it's pretty much the next best thing

what did this picture mean by this?

It's sad when you think about it.

A 3-stage rocket built and tested in the 1960s by former Nazi scientists got further and faster than anything that ever came after it - every time the rocket was launched, it delivered its payload into orbit and never once had an abort situation.

Today Musk's Falcon Heavy can only lift less than half the Saturn V's payload and hasn't even flown yet. The space shuttle could only lift an eighth of the mass and killed more astronauts than any other launch vehicle.

Can't wait for them to build their big Mars dong desu. Hopefully they will fix the bullshit with their carbon fiber fuel tanks

the moon should be nuked. looks like shit

lrn2physics

ORBITS
R
B
I
T
S

Nah he's a different kind of retard.
>haha lol all these dumb Sup Forums posters don't know I was just PRETENDING to be retarded.
He even admitted that before, don't bother.

I'm sure it will look much better after being nuked

looks like a giant benis

You know space is only about 62 miles up right?
You know the ISS is only 249 miles up right?
And did you know the earth is round?

Do you do that just to get (you)s?
Have you ever been out of your mom's basement?

>spacex
We'll be jerking it to footage of a streak of napalm 73 seconds after launch.

>Saturn V has not been beaten yet
this is fault of the niggers

Does this version can come back like the other?

yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ca6x4QbpoM
first flight should be this summer

They have a Saturn V on display at the Cape. It's inside, on it's side of course.
Big motors.

you can see the landing legs at the bottom of the rockets

spacex tends to delay

Considering the black sun rises in 5 months and 18 days, I don't really know yet.

Gotta see what path humanity walks, first.

>we

Womens periods cycle is based on the moon cycle.

What happens if you send a woman on Mars?

Hehe.

Yeah but that's the current estimate after about three years of delays. Falcon Heavy demo will happen this year if nothing explodes between now and then.

They've delayed this for 5 years. It's time

>CIA
ok, I believe you

I thought about how to sabotage a rocket launch and I think the best way is to use a powerful IR laser to heat up the cooling systems just before launch.

ok.
I heard they still can't re-use the shits tho. At least it doesn't rot in the ocean.

A single .22 shot would do the job.

It wouldn't be hard to sabotage a launch, rockets are finicky things.

Causing an apparently spontaneous failure of the upper stage cryo tank? 2spooky

Don't wory, (((NASA))) will sabotage their own rocket when they need some sympathy and shekes.

Crazy to think we could have been colonizing Mars 60 years ago if it weren't about the kikes.

>I heard they still can't re-use the shits tho
they can, but they havent yet

Yup.

nobody can pass low earth orbit according to NASA

Because they can't...

why?

>You'll never be a super sayian

space is a meme though.

>"muh massive fuel cost per payload"
>"muh non economic and dangerous expedition"
>"muh need of impossible ftl and terraforming"

Orbit is space. or at least as far as is necessary.

just study astronomy and smoke abowl d00ds. its ok, we know they lied to you in Buck Rogers

Trump should shut NASA down. It's a waste of money that could go into ICE and the US armed forces.

We'll have to move out eventually

You're a meme. I would love if humanity had another planet or two.

It's just a shame Venus is such a hot mess, imagine if we could cool it off.

let polan do it, polan will into space.

>what is testing
Quiet you armchair engineer

Enormous stress on a fragile structure. It's safer to build a new one.

>he doenst know about the secret moon bases

Funny enough best way to cool venus would be to crash a bunch of asteroids into it.

yeah this is true. NASA is a bunch of con men besides all the free missile and satelite research they do for the millitary.

space probes are not useless, but manned space flight is completely obscene and almost as unnatural as the airoplane.

well we diont live in a solar system with multiple habitable planets, so deal with it.

I could say the same thing for the Airbus that flew you in from Morocco.

fucking retarded
Space exploration is cool as fuck and our military is already the strongest in the world by a mile.

anycunt up itt like slipping the missus the rodger on a saturday night?

Jesus dude stop with your armchair engineering, provide your proof of taking classes on material sciences and define your "fragile structure".

It's official, just ask them.

Wut?

>what is perspective compression

Sorry, but as a photographyfag, this bait shit triggers me

>tfw no gf

Flight is stressful on airplanes. However, we don't build a new airplane every time we want to fly somewhere. You twit.

>400 mm
thats a big lens

NASA should be audited, and have all plans for manned flight cancelled due to pointlesness, and reinvest that money in seti and space probes (maybe the only shot for ayy lmao stuff)

for her

>Elon Musk filthy rich to begin with from Paypal
>Gets even richer from tax payer money from Tesla and SpaceX, both very risky ventures
>Elite that wants most people dead and for "Elites" to merge with technology
Fucker needs executed.

Why don't we just go back to building Saturn Vs? They are clearly superior to any other rockets.

lol? You compare a Datsun with a Formula 1 dude.
Whatever, it's a fact, they prefer to build new launchers for good reasons.

Yeah we would have to find way for that planet to have day and night cycles. But an asteroid isn't enough, we need a planet sized object for that.

I've got a 150mm-600mm. It gets comments when i use it in populated areas (wildlife photo is muh jam). I have considered putting some stickers on it or something so it looks a little less like a grenade launcher.

If this happens then Kek has been fully awakened and his glorious Zero Hour is soon at hand

>itt fantasy about terraforming

dont get me wrong lads i wish we could do it too, but we cant affect planets; they are too big.

They're very expensive.

They prefer to build new launchers primarily because they have no reliable way to recover them.

A rocket engine is a high performance machine with a useful life (measured in minutes of operation) much closer to a Formula 1 engine than a Datsun. That does not mean they are only good for a single launch.

If you think that, explain the fucking SSME then.

lel, most grenade launchers are 40 mm

twitter.com/SpaceX/status/826598817864761344

Why do you persist on being an armchair engineer, why are you implying SpaceX has no plans to reuse the landed boosters. Why do you imply they can't engineer the boosters to withstand the "well documented" stresses collected from the already landed boosters.

>Whatever, it's a fact, they prefer to build new launchers for good reasons.

Yeah its called fucking making sure they blow up as few boosters as possible, they already have customers who are willing to use refurbished boosters

Anyway, you do know that the solid rocket boosters from the shuttle were reused even after being dumped into the ocean.
>inb4 solid rockets aren't comparable to a LOX booster

NASA fake everything space related. Nobody has sent anything into space.

I guess you never played Kerbal Space Program

Basically angling your spacecraft eastward allows you to save fuel by effectively getting a boost from the Earth's rotation. You start going straight up and adjust to a 45 degree angle once you've achieved a decent altitude, then you gradually angle lower as you start to escape the atmosphere. This orbital turn is much more efficient but isn't possible if you want to have a circumpolar orbit or a retrograde orbit.

However you probably didn't understand what I just said because you're literally retarded.

venus can be colonized in its clouds

>he still follows the 45 deg @ 10km meme
>can't execute a proper continuous gravity turn

>They prefer to build new launchers primarily because they have no reliable way to recover them.
That's exactly what I said.

>Yeah its called fucking making sure they blow up as few boosters as possible
And that's also exactly what I said.

((((Venus))))

I really don't get why Space X doesn't just use parachutes to recover their rockets like NASA did with the Shuttle's SRBs. Seems like a massive waste of fuel having them disconnect with fuel still in the tanks just so they can fly back down. I guess it's a lot easier to recover that way but I'd be surprised if it's more cost effective.

Lets meet at the base.

By "they" I assumed you meant the space industry in general. SpaceX is pioneering a new technology here.

It's true we haven't seen the recovered boosters fly yet but we know at least the center cluster of engines work because they're literally operating at touchdown.

It doesn't really turn out to be that much fuel. Splashdown isn't an option because a liquid fueled booster is much more fragile than a solid rocket motor casing. ULA is trying to do a thing with parachutes and helicopter skyhooks, it doesn't exactly seem simpler.

Also, remember parachutes are not without mass.

Technically you want to start your gravity turn as soon as possible if you care about being properly efficient
No, that is not what you said, did you not read my post? You, a inbred loaf, are implying they aren't going to reuse the boosters, you are implying they have no intention to reuse them out of fear of them failing. When they actually are, me saying they want to blow up as few boosters as possible means that they are ensuring they can fly again, if they had no need for them they would not be conducting the tests.

Don't act like you weren't saying they aren't going to reuse the recovered boosters for launches.

>parachutes
>helicopter skyhooks

what could go wrong?

hi5 bro. We /MIDF/ now

its simple. because 1. parachutes are complicated and heavy. 2. splashdown means getting salt water in engine, it fucks it up. 3. they want to go to mars and cant use parachutes there

If only Elon Musk could run for president.

Mars is the only option. Venusian colonies would never be self sustaining nor contribute anything to an interplanetary economy.

Can we all agree that SpaceX is shit and UK holds the future of aerospace?

>muh reusable SSTO

> what is focal length

>Venus becomes the Africa of space