Tfw you will never explore the tropical forests of the world because 3rd world savages who cant stop fucking will chop...

>tfw you will never explore the tropical forests of the world because 3rd world savages who cant stop fucking will chop them all down for firewood in your lifetime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JiW3qRlDhig
theguardian.com/environment/2016/nov/24/protected-forests-in-europe-felled-to-meet-eu-renewable-targets-report
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation#Problems_with_deforestation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trees grow back champ

Why do you even need that many trees

All the rainforests of the world only produce like 9% of the oxygen, the rest is through the phytoplanktons in the oceans

>explore the tropical forests of the world
Spoiler: there's nothing there but trees. All the cool shit in the world is made by humans or was already documented a hundred years ago.

fat scooters cant be used in tropical forests. Sorry José Taylor-Malcom III.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Those ecosystems have evolved over the course of hundreds of thousands of years, after theyre flattened by a tractor no amount of trees will restore them to what they were.

Do you understand that most European countries have done the same thing? The UK has relatively little woodland.

So? dont care about the ecosystem. That is of no benefit to us. As long as we have a steady supply of resources that are being managed there is no problem.

>this is canada by 2025

Its part of our global heritage man, would you want yellowstone national park destroyed because we can get some resources out of it?

>So? dont care about the ecosystem. That is of no benefit to us. As long as we have a steady supply of resources that are being managed there is no problem.

You don't get resources if you destroy the ecosystem, as it is the ecosystem itself that supplies the resources.

Such an utilitarian approach is extremely arrogant and unsustainable.

Your entire country has less population than california, how can you possibly deforest so efficiently? Are 90% of canadian adults employed in the lumber industry?

You are a massive faggot.
>Baw we can't let poor people cut down trees, what if I want to look at those trees one day?
Yep they shouldn't use their natural resources, they should just remain poor. Would you rather the US just prop up Borneo and every other third world shithole with tons of money because they can't mine, farm, or cut wood without causing you asspain?

The trees are cut down to grow palm oil. Try going a day without using a product that contains palm oil.

I remember annexing that island during the recovery of the rightful lands of ANGLOCEANIA. It was surprisingly difficult, considering that it was previously populated by savages, but the tea must flow.

The lumber industry is still around.
Small however.

>firewood
you're fucking retarded

that's enough stupidity for today Sup Forums see you tomorrow

I literally would not care what happens to yellowstone. It's just a bunch of forest. I have no use for a forest beyond the resources it provides. Maybe it we were a hunter gatherer culture you'd be on to something. But as of now? its just wasted realestate.

Not really an issue, just plant more trees. I dont care how many species die off'. We already have enough domesticated for it to be a non issue. And hell most of them are disgusting asss bugs.

Cool argument, hippy. Why dont you go fap to Fern Gully again

>You don't get resources if you destroy the ecosystem
Typical leftist lie. "You can do the right thing and thing AND get rich in the process, therefore anyone who disagrees with me is acting against his own best interest."
Unless it's stuff like poisoning your own water supply/soil environmentalist policies will always be a net loss for third world countries. If you want to preserve some rare animal in a far off land because you find it cool don't even try and pretend you're simultaneously working in the best interest of the native people.

Lets just keep them in their natural state and not expose them to white technology, they cant handle it. We can proceed to the space age and occasionaly go on vacations to take pictures of bornean tribesmen.

>I dont care how many species die off'. We already have enough domesticated for it to be a non issue. And hell most of them are disgusting asss bugs.

You're a fucking idiot then and you didn't understand what I said.

You can't mow down a forest and grow a tree farm and expect it to last if you don't work with the environment.

You may grow the trees, but eventually the soil will erode, fertilizers will run into streams, and eventually your land will be worthless.

>Not really an issue, just plant more trees

Where, when, how, why?

The British government planted huge numbers of exotic coniferous trees in the 40s after the panic of WW2, now they are here today and are almost completely worthless, whilst being of little value to the environment and an eyesore.

Stop being so arrogant and greedy, your mindset is one of a KIKE

you might be the stupidest person on Sup Forums
let that sink in

Sure it's not like we've ever discovered beneficial chemicals from newly found species or anything like that.

You're trolling or autistic, either way i feel for your soul

>Renewable resources dont actually exist

Is this really the argument you're trying to pose to me user? Dont you have a flat earth thread to be making right now?

>If you want to preserve some rare animal in a far off land because you find it cool don't even try and pretend you're simultaneously working in the best interest of the native people.

Thanks for inserting your strawman argument. I never said this at all, nor do I even agree with it.

I'm not an environmentalist, I'm a conservationist. Sustainable land management includes analyzing all factors of a landscape because almost nothing works in isolation.

Many tropical forests are burnt away for agricultural land and timber, which afterwards becomes sterile and worthless. If you do not actively work with the ecosystem nobody gains anything.

Fuck you

Fuck the shitskins that live there. The bugs and plants in their countries have more value than they do.

I didn't say renewable resources didn't exist, why did you strawman me?

I said you're "Dude just fuck the ecosystem and plant more trees lol" approach doesn't work.

Did you take into consideration the value of ecotourism, or flood protection? Did you think about the risk of invasive species or pests? How about what happens when the soil has no protection?

Jew

>tfw you will never explore the forests that once covered europe in their full glory

Renewable resources are only renewable as long as the environment producing them can still regenerate. If you cannot understand that you are dumb. The dodo bird was once a renewable food resource, where did they end up?

In 200 years the physical world will just be a giant ever expanding power plant used to fuel our superior "virtual" universe. Who fucking cares.

Yes user, I'm sure cows pigs and chickens are on the verge of extinction

how do you think europeans made their land arable? The entire northern half of the world was once forests; white people have been chopping down trees for ten millenia. The farmland all around you is the ruins of a once-majestic grove that whiteniggers chopped down (the Anasazi abandoned their cave homes because they chopped down all their trees and couldn't farm the land that was left. That part of the desert used to be forested! So don't say "I'm from Arizona", burgershit.) Basically, this is what humans do, and fuck you for thinking they should remain tribal just so you can vacation there.

imagine all the god tier farmland once the amazon is gone for good

American education everyone

When the amazon is gone all the farmland will be shit, tropical soils are thin and unfertile.

The reason they burn so much of it down is because of how fast the nutrients are depleted.

>can support an entire rainforest
>can't be made arable

You realize there are other crops besides wheat and corn right?

Watching too much kike tv shows I see.

the nonrenewable resources we'd lose if we just got rid of all the forests would be incalculable. But I'm sure a city boy like you has no idea just how much food, furs, fish, and other important goods actually come from the wilderness.

Nah in the first world they all come from farms. And im not shedding a tear over shit skins not being able to eat.

Trees grow so slowly they can actually grow in horrible soil. That's the secret of their success.

The reason it can support a rainforest isn't because of the soil it's because of the soil, it's because of the growing conditions, more specifically the high levels of rainfall and light. This makes the net production of plants here extremely productive.

You can't make arable land unless you find a way to restore nutrients, which is often done through the use of fertilizer.

If you cut down the vast majority of the amazon it would just turn into a dry, windy wasteland where you will need to pump vast amounts of chemicals into to keep it fertile.

isn't because of the soil, it's because of the growing*

Great idea kike, bulldoze the whole worlds biodiversity away to piss of liberals.

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

serious question. a few of these 3 may be just bait, but what percent of people would you say genuinely believe this?

I'd say about a 1/3 of the population holds views that reflect this or near enough to it

It doesn't help on Sup Forums because of how tainted the thought of protecting the environment has become due to the left

Actually, what is happening right now with farmers in the Amazon is simply a lack of modern agricultural practice.

In Brazil, each farmer acquires the right to continue using a single piece of land simply by living on said plot of unclaimed public land, no matter how marginal it may be, and "using" it for at least one year and one day. After five years the farmer acquires ownership of said land and hence the right to sell the land at their will. Up until at least the mid-'90s this system was made worse by the government policy that allowed each farmer to gain title for an amount of land up to three times the amount of forest cleared.

Poor farmers use fire for clearing land and every year satellite images pick up innumerable fires scattered across the Amazon. Typically the under-shrubbery is cleared and then the bulk of the forest trees are cut down. The area is left to dry for a few months and then it is burned to a clearing.

The land is planted with many various crops like bananas, palms, manioc, maize, and/or rice. After a year or two the general fertility and productivity of the soil declines and the poor farmers press a little bit deeper and clear even more new forest for even more short-term agricultural land. The old, now infertile fields are used for small-scale cattle grazing or left for waste.

This current system of "quick-fix" agriculture is simply not beneficial at all in the long run, but most of these poor farmers are not concerned with the long run, only with day-to-day benefits.

>create a world based on inequality
>live in one of the most rich worlds
>throw half the food away
>be mad some poor ass chink has to chop trees to survive and feed his children
>ill never get to be autistic and run free trough a jungle
lmao
kill yourself please

Fuck the shitskins, we should wipe them all out and turn their countries into nature preserves.

live and let live breh
imo you should care more about co2 emissions your country produces than deforestation on fucking borneo
cheers

You can always enjoy the Siberian forests, where you can go for months and not find even a hint of human civilization.
And in Canada to the environment is probably also a good idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=JiW3qRlDhig

>lol how du i plant tree?

>American education

developed nations are far worse savages in this regard. looking at the first 3 posts, none of these fake-ass jew-controlled (((white supremacists))) will ever recognize the ancestral treasure of an old-growth forest.

there are comparatively less trees than almost anything else living in a forest

>how do i emulate thousands of years of almost completely untested symbiotic relationships that shape the fundamental availability of nutrients available to sustain humanity?
it's easy, just plant 6 of the same species at the same time, replacing it with a monoculture highly susceptible to blight, mildew, necrosis, etc

Are there any conservative ecology movements?

Pretty sure he's just being le edgy

Esoteric hitlerism has a deep ecology branch.

how about fuck the white people instead?
the mass deforestation started in the 50's when dumbfuck whites introduced industrial wood chopping and forest razing tech to the indonesians.
If you fuckers never existed or never bothered conquering lands that dont belong to you the world will be a much healtier and greener place

my man I am as right wing as they come but would be considered a liberal communist if I went on about the forests and my love for them so is the nature of the 17 year olds minds on pol

All I can think of is poor orangutans

I heard it was for palm oil

No my friend. It all started when the white people gave them antibiotics and modern medicine. As a result, infant and child mortality has fallen sharply, and began a rapid population growth. "Traditional economy", my friend - in 7 families, children and all living things, and they need to be fed. That began to cut wood at a pace.

You heard worng, it's mostly for paper, different kind of paper needs different types of wood.

And the fine wood market.

The land that get's deforested it's also used for crops, mostly transgenic monsanto or pioneer crops.

>people shitting on him unironically
when did Sup Forums become a fucking hippie board? I agree with everything he says

It's a good thing that the greenies now support "green" energy like burning wood chips from trees. I'm sure that will help the environment. These people are honestly beyond saving.

>Protected forests are being indiscriminately felled across Europe to meet the EU’s renewable energy targets, according to an investigation by the conservation group Birdlife.

>Up to 65% of Europe’s renewable output currently comes from bioenergy, involving fuels such as wood pellets and chips, rather than wind and solar power.

>Bioenergy fuel is supposed to be harvested from residue such as forest waste but, under current legislation, European bioenergy plants do not have to produce evidence that their wood products have been sustainably sourced.

theguardian.com/environment/2016/nov/24/protected-forests-in-europe-felled-to-meet-eu-renewable-targets-report

The green movements are a mess.

When they don't go full terrorist they want to determine what's best for people personal life.

I wish they just go back to chain themselves to the trees.

just nuke the savages and let the fallout settle for a decade or two

Thanks to Hillary the one getting nuked it's you.

When the Antarctic is green again, do you think there will be a world war over who owns it?

>use nukes to save the forests

>I wish they just go back to chain themselves to the trees

Seriously. This is when they were at their best. Even in this country the right used to support them when they were at that stage. Granted it was kinda nuts, but they were sincere and it didn't affect everyone's day to day lives to such a huge extent.

But since then they have gone off the rails into hippie la la land live in caves like neanderthals levels.

if the oceans become too acidic, phytoplankton cannot reproduce...burn enough coal and oil, this will happen

Conservatives are opposed to taking action against global warming because the only solutions presented are commie-tier.
But 4th gen nuclear is a viable solution, has been for 50 years. It has only been delayed by crony capitalists disinformation favoring the fossil jew.

based cyprus

This days I'm considering that they will go full anarcho primitivist.

We had a couple of bombs, and bomb threats to some science centers in here.

I think this it's going on worldwide, the lack of B complex vitamins and the toxoplasmosis it's destroying their brains.

>edgy capitalists that care nothing about Earth's natural beauty

We should be planting forests

Maybe in a thousand years they might resemble even a sliver of what they used to be

Have you ever been in a forest near a stream or waterfall? It is so god damn beautiful and peaceful.

I do and did. It was the best karma until the black bear came after me. Damn racist bear.

Probably bait, but that 'poor ass chink' and his children will never contribute anything meaningful to humanity, aside from popping out even MORE children.

These "people", had the same amount of time to create civilization as the rest of us, that they still live in mud huts and burn down forests to farm is a pretty good sign that they are evolutionary dead ends.

Yo fuck trees though

Yes technically, but it only takes 1,000 years for the flora to properly return to an area especially in an ecuatorial environment where you have constant rain and humidity is only maintained because of the rainforest.

If you deforest it though, it fucking dries up and it takes centuries for it to grow back.

Increasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere should produce less alkalyn water levels, but even the data for that is so spotty and garbage that I don't think we have a good gauge of it over the past few decades.

I saved this pic so long ago that I barely remember what it was from. I think some guy asked for the raw data of a PH study of ocean water over the last 100 years or so and the raw data was basically the opposite of the published data. Although I can't remember.

Raw data different from the published data? Surely climate scientists wouldn't just /lie/, right?

dunno bro, I think sea level rise would be an inconvenience, perhaps sparking some territorial wars and huge refugee crises.
but ocean acidification is generally totally fucked. They think the Permian extinction happened 250mya when a poorly buried coal vein caught fire and burned for 1000 years, acidifying the oceans and wiping out >90% of extant species.

>Not really an issue, just plant more trees. I dont care how many species die off'. We already have enough domesticated for it to be a non issue. And hell most of them are disgusting asss bugs.

YOU CAN'T JUST PLANT MORE TREES YOU ASSWIPE, if you properly deforest an area, it's dead. It takes a long time to recover and trees can start growing again.

Especially in an ecosystem like the rain forest.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation#Problems_with_deforestation

"Undisturbed forests have a very low rate of soil loss (erosion), approximately 2 metric tons per square kilometer (6 short tons per square mile).[citation needed] Deforestation generally increases rates of soil loss, by increasing the amount of runoff and reducing the protection of the soil from tree litter. This can be an advantage in excessively leached tropical rain forest soils. Forestry operations themselves also increase erosion through the development of (forest) roads and the use of mechanized equipment."

aka if you just cut down Trees left and right, erosion is going to fuck up the soil and nothing will grow on it for a long time

>will ever recognize the ancestral treasure of an old-growth forest.
>posts pic of second growth Tongass Forest

You should have picked a forest that nobody lives near.

People living there isn't a problem. A lot of these forests have become tourist traps.

That's true, and while Climate Change is a real problem, it isn't going to fuck us that hard.

The climate has been MUCH warmer in the past, it's just that most species aren't adapt to the changes.

I think refugee crises are a bigger problem than ocean acidification. It's not going to acidify to the point of killing the planet, and western nations will get by with modern techonology. I do however see the 3rd world starving to death possibly.

Which I don't think Sup Forums would think is a bad thing, however there is a bit of a problem in several billion people trying to get to the west.

If several million is a problem, imagine billions

dude we totally need more space for masses of ever-expanding undesirable shitskins lmao

sounds like the timber industry in the us

Every time I think about the climate change and what kind of world order we would need to keep the planet from getting fucked, I think of the conservationist Deutsche National Socialists and how if they were in charge there would not have been a crisis.

God trusted the US to bring for the truth of non-carbon nuclear power, and the United States has failed.

>A lot of these forests have become tourist traps.
No. A lot of the forests are on Indian land and they chop them down and sell the timber. There is a tribe near Haines Alaska called Klukwan. They cut all the trees down and the money they get the distribute to their people. It causes sort of a jealousy amongst the native because they get very large dividend checks.

sea levels have been rising for the last 20k years, so that should be a surprise to no one. They have basically been flat for the past 10k or so years, outside of a few millimeter rises per year.

Also those are the coasts. fuck em.

The pH level I think is still up for debate, as like I said the data is so shitty that I don't know what to believe. With increased CO2 concentrations the oceans should become more acidic, but they can easily thrive in those parts life can already thrive at parts that are already at those levels or even at a higher level.

Also I'm still not sure those pH graphs are accurate, given that graph I presented earlier. It'll probably take me a while to research and remember where that graph came from, but the point is. I don't think the oceans pH level has changed as much as people claim.

>borneo

Those forests are cleared for palm oil plantations to make bullshit that you eat. It should be boycotted. But it can't be because it only needs to be called "vegetable oil" on the ingredients.

And that's why we've had global warming for millennia. Thanks ancestors for slashing and burning.

You don't want to explore tropical forests. It's just bad.
You need to be constantly cutting your way through them, it's fucking infested by mosquitoes and it's hot and humid.

Stick to your tempered ones, camping is probably much nicer there.

>Tropical Savages
Implying Western coporations aren't the primary force behind this shit.

>crony capitalist disinformation favoring the fossil jew
Bull fucking shit, stop peddling the solar and wind meme and well have more money for that kind of legitimate research.