Which religion is better?

In a nutshell: I've been an atheist all my life but I have finally found God and now the decision is between Catholicism and Islam.

Give your opinions and advice please (pros and cons of both religions). I have a basic list so far.

Catholicism:
Pros-
>Keep European culture
>Follow the path my ancestors took. Make them proud.
>Fit in more - more chance of finding white girl to have beautiful white babies with
>Still far more traditional than ((atheism))
>Deus Vult

Cons-
>Cucked Pope
>Christianity is not what it used to be, "muh turn the other cheek" etc.
>The passion for Christianity has died in the Europe and church attendance is horrific. 80% people over 50.
>Far too many people call themselves Christian but are absolute degenerates.

Islam:
Pros-
>Ultra traditional
>Warrior Spirit - muslims stand up for their faith and their community
>Conservative women, dress modestly, loyal to husband, have many children etc.
>Growing rapidly in the West
>Makes more sense (how could a man - Jesus - be God?)
>Beautiful Arabic language which I love
>They still build beautiful new buildings, whereas churches are being turned into bars or demolished.
>No cucks allowed
>Could ultimately save the West from degeneracy.

Cons-
>Shitskins (don't make good looking babies in general)
>I would be a bit isolated from my European family and friends.
>Everyone would hate me, I would feel like a bit of a traitor desu.

This is obviously a big decision and I imagine I will take many more months before I decide but any advice would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DEZRHfFUcaY
youtube.com/watch?v=zMMu1fmgMHE
youtube.com/watch?v=gPa-EtQS0ls&index=26&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg
mquran.org/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

teleology

Heaven's Gate or Scientology

neither you cuck.

If you became muslim, you would be betraying the legacy of your Reconquista ancestors.

Join the one Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church.

There are plenty of non-cucked Catholics out there.

I'm British

Theism or you're a cuck.

No clergy
No worthless platitudes
No idolatry
No bullshit

Only God and man.

Don't be an idolotrator, worship the One True Goddess.

Catholicism. Jordan Peterson says "rescue your dying father from the underworld". the "dying father" is the Catholic Church. the church that is the heart of western civilization

youtube.com/watch?v=DEZRHfFUcaY

youtube.com/watch?v=zMMu1fmgMHE

youtube.com/watch?v=gPa-EtQS0ls&index=26&list=FLVSKwtoJzzinFhHz39hhqBg

Catholicism or Islam?
>found God
You have made literally zero process towards salvation.

Islam is a false cult. It's Jim Jones from the 7th century.

Islam is also redpilled on the JQ.

>I've been an atheist all my life but I have finally found God and now the decision is between Catholicism and Islam.
>between Catholicism and Islam
You have not found God if you think you can put the Holy Church with the devil worshippers, murderers,criminials and rapists in one sentence.
You are fooling yourself.

>Holy Church with the devil worshippers, murderers,criminials and rapists in one sentence.
You just described the Church, now and before.

No one is blameless.

>Makes more sense (how could a man - Jesus - be God?)
And if you're to stupid to understand Trinity then you are nothing but lost sheep, now fuck off read the Bible and find your shepard

You are better than this OP. The religions of today are just the cults of yesterday that won.

Don't join a cult. Stay the course

>to stupid to understand Trinity
Do you understand it? You don't.

I have been reading the bible. Honestly I'm far more drawn towards Catholicism but I have to ask honest questions. This is the part that really doesn't seem to make sense.

If you're even considering Islam I suggest you join up because I want it to be easy to identify the traitors.

Read a good translation of the Quran with explanations of the context and consensus interpretation of each verse before making your decision.
I recommend starting here

mquran.org/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

>"rescue your dying father from the underworld"
How self-aggrandising.

Really makes you think.

Whoo, who's a big boy.

You listed a lot more of advantages for Islam so I'd say Islam but, I'm just asking, why are you wanting to convert yourself and why not to buddhism or something like that? Otherwise, Islam, excepted the Hadithes, is more coherent than post-Vatican II christian cucks. But yeah, you're not obligated to marry a shitskin muslim woman if you convert you know. Btw why aren't you interested in judaism or protestantism?

Oh and I see you're spanish, maybe 30% at least of your ancestors must be muslim guys.

Science.

Everything else is pleb tier.

My ancestor was an English Catholic Martyr to Henry VIII. Take up your brithright, amend the mistake your nation made. Look at the CoE and the Catholic Church, the Catholics are far less cucked.

>Take up your brithright
Paganism?

I really believe this is the right path - to worship God and follow the path he set out for us.

The thing is, I think the advantages of Islam are greater but the disadvantages are also unimaginable - most likely life changing in a scary sort of way. Traditional Catholicism would be a "safe" option while still allowing me the life I want to live (more or less). I don't like Judaism and I see protestantism as a mid-way point to Atheism which I don't want either.

I'm white British with bright blue eyes. Definitely not.

samefag

fuck off muhammad

Isoteric Kekism

Wtf end your life

You pretty much deserve to die even for considering Islam, and your whole line of reasoning is absolutely retarded.

>the religion I like best is the true one

Christ kill yourself.

Not an argument.

You don't chose a religion because of its pros and cons, you chose a religion because you think that it is true.

>Cucked Pope
Try not being catholic then.
>In the Europe
Who cares about Europe, they are degenerates anyways.
>muh turn the other cheek
This is Matthew 5:39. You can't ignore a piece of scripture just because you don't like it.
>Far too many people call themselves Christians
True but one of the best parts of Christianity is that it is that being good is not a part of salvation.

You should investigate Eastern Orthodoxy. It doesn't have as many cons as either.

Also, most of your pros for Islam are selfish in nature. You have a very western/hedonistic view towards the religion. I would suggest you re-examine the nature of your believe in a deity and base your path on what makes the most sense to you. Rather than defining a Theological decision on how other people represent themselves. This isn't a team sport, it's probably the 2nd largest decision you'll ever make after having children.

It's the same God but they preach slightly differently about his nature and the way of life that humans should follow. The main difference is a cultural one.

Buddhism is the ultimate redpill.

This. The Greek orthodox church is the choice of real men.

Allright OP, that's true that Islam brings a lot of stigmatization, you must do a lot more sacrifices. Why not becoming an agnostic? You're not obligated to choose a religion, you can just... believe in God you know. Also, about the vision of heaven, there's a big advantage if you choose to convert to Catholicism that you haven't mentioned. Catholicism and Jesus are considered as a true religion and a true prophet by Islam but Catholicism do not recognize Mohammad. That means if you have been a good muslim but the true religion was catholicsm you'll gonna be in hell, otherwise you're gonna be in heaven. That's a good point for Catholicism.

Can't you actually understand the difference between the Church as holder and bastion of the truth and doctrine, to it's components?

The minium adjective you can use to the Inquisition and Crusades as Blessed, but you take the mistakes of some people on it and use it to say "therefore the church is corrupted" or something in that train of thought.

I really hope im projecting.

>Who cares about Europe
This explains your rationalisations.

>most of your pros for Islam are selfish in nature
Really? Like what?

>same god
>Christians worship jesus christ
>jesus is not God in Islam.

Stop spouting this nigger meme

I never understood Trinity to be honest could you explain in detail please? I read the quran and they recognize Jesus as the most important and kind prophet, Mohammed as the last one. But yeah they don't recognize Jesus as God or son of God.

What I mean is that you can't base your view of Christianity based on Europe.

>bastion of the truth and doctrine
So how do we measure this?

>you can't base your view of Christianity based on Europe
This is true. But it is important, especially historically.

Whoops, second part is for you

Historically it was pretty good until the enlightenment era and also the sexual revolution.

slide thread, sage. we got a leaks on hillary

and some corruption from obama

and blm did the jewish community center threats

read this

thinking is the best religion

In France we had May 1968 which destroyed our family values and the French revolution which destroyed Catholicism, that's sad.

wow i'm converting to Islam. (((who))) is trying to steer us away from this?

Well, the most clear way is maybe when Christ edified his Church on Peter, also "By their fruit you shall recognize them".

But to do the second one needs to stop attacking the straws created of the Catholic Church.

Thanks, you make a good point, but if Christianity is my choice it will have to be the Catholic church of Rome.

If the decision was purely a theological one it would be Islam, no question, but it's so much bigger than that. I also feel a real connection to Christ, even though the concept of him being God on Earth actually doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, I think having children should be seen as an obligation. So this is therefore the biggest decision of my life.

The pope will change sooner or later. It would have to be catholicism.

Europe is my home and I care about it dearly. Yes, we are, I'm trying to fix it.

I'm not saying I want to ignore it - in fact, I really like this passage. I'm saying in todays teaching the "love and tolerance" idea is far too over-emphasised to the point where God's laws are not even upheld to avoid upsetting sodomites and those who want to destroy us.

Being good is part of salvation. But good in the eyes of God, not good in the eyes of ultra-liberal egalitarians or whatever "good" you are referring too.

Christianity + Natural Law

I could go on a very long discussion of why he's being shallow, but the TL;DR version is that he wants the immediate satisfaction of rebelling against his native culture and assimilating into a new one to fix specific problem that any real man would be able to solve for himself and his family regardless of his believe. It's ironically western in nature that he wants to buy into something new instead of reinvesting into what allowed for his current existence in the first place.

"Oh Christianity has some issues right now, I'll be a trendy counter-culture convert instead of taking responsibility for my own welfare and family"

I see western White/European converts to Islam the same way I see a Transexual or unironic American Communist. Looking for some one else to define themselves for them because they cannot do it themselves.

eastern orthodoxy > catholicism (satanism)

Being Protestant is not an American thing. Europe started the Reformation. Why Catholicism?

Orthodox Christianity:

Pros-
>Keep european culture
>Deus Vult
>Drink vodka
>Play balalaika
>Uncucked Patriarch
>"Come in with a sword - die from a sword"

Cons-
>Russians did it

Also
>bad grammar

Sorry, on a phone

true early eastern christianity is natural law, statism is in direct opposition of God's law

Ok op I'm reposting my pro about catholicsm:
> Allright OP, that's true that Islam brings a lot of stigmatization, you must do a lot more sacrifices. Why not becoming an agnostic? You're not obligated to choose a religion, you can just... believe in God you know. Also, about the vision of heaven, there's a big advantage if you choose to convert to Catholicism that you haven't mentioned. Catholicism and Jesus are considered as a true religion and a true prophet by Islam but Catholicism do not recognize Mohammad. That means if you have been a good muslim but the true religion was catholicsm you'll gonna be in hell, otherwise you're gonna be in heaven. That's a good point for Catholicism.

Greeks did it first.

This^^

I have an idea of how the Trinity is constructed but it just doesn't feel right. Could you please explain it for us, I'd be forever grateful.

Ive always believed in a Creator of All or a Father of the Universe.

But it was not until I read Gnostic and Hermetic Writings that I knew other people called him the same thing.

>steer
No please not the jewish conspiracy, not again kek

>stop attacking the straws created of the Catholic Church
Fine. Your only support for the 'truth' of Catholicism is theology plus interpretation.

My original response a reply to a German fellow, a claim against Islam on similar grounds; 'straws'.

I don't think we really have a disagreement.

Whether something is good or right course of action has no baring on it's 'rebelliousness' or 'counter-culture'.

This is an appeal to motive, and genuinely looks like you are just projecting.

By your logic no one should ever change their mind about anything.

Don't go catholic. Become orthodox. It's way better. Don't believe the culture club nonsense. Just give it a shot.

T. Former Catholic orthodox Christian

I count four circles.

This is confusing.

Abandon your antiquated Jew cults

Where exactly did you find god? Behind the sofa?

Why are theists so retarded. Also op goes on about degeneracy yet wants to bring islam to europe.

Kys

>true early christianity is natural law
True. Unfortunately the church hasn't been teaching it for a very long time.

Yeah, Greeks did but who cares if someone did something first if Russians did it at all?

How can you be objective bro cmon. Otherwise that's true that Orthodoxs are better than post-Vatican II I must admit it but you're not 100% neutral you see.

Christianity you dumbass, Lucifer made all of these other religions to get you to hell.
Now end of story.

>Islam you dumbass, Shaytan made all of these other religions to get you to hell.
>Now end of story.
See what I did there?

How can you affirm that Judaism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Islam, Sikhs aren't in the right way? Nothing, we all have our beliefs.

There are no con's to Catholicism.
It is the one true church founded by the apostles.

>Cucked Pope
This is what cultural catholics on Sup Forums harp on about all the time. The current Pope isn't a radical that is overturning doctrine. That's what the sensationalist media is trying to push. Anyone who only gets their information about Catholicism from the media would believe this.

It's in the bible. Love for your fellow man and meekness is central to Christian belief. If you don't care about the actual doctrine and just want to post le epic DEUS VULT maymays on facebook, you are coming to Christianity for all the wrong reasons.

>The passion for Christianity has died in the Europe and church attendance is horrific. 80% people over 50.
So? Isn't that more of a reason to join? To spread the good news to your peers? More and more young people are coming to the faith. Don't be so afraid to step out and take a risk

>Far too many people call themselves Christian but are absolute degenerates.
Well, then that is their problem. The best you can do is try and correct any hypocrits you see. If you are worried about the "image" of Christianity, you are getting caught up in the trap of vanity.

There is no reason not to be a Catholic. It is undeniably perfect.
You can admire the love of God and obedience of Islam from within Catholicism, because Islam is an imperfect theology.

Just worship Viracocha.

Master of the elements, father of the sun and the one true God.

>I've found god
>Now which book of rules about god should I align myself with based on an immature list of pros and cons

Do you even know how fucking mentally ill you look?

Theists are a fucking JOKE

>Islam
>Religion

are there any western churches who practice true christianity following the new testament? I've been getting into christianity, however I have doubts of churches around me that may lead me to believe they are unauthentic.

"Interpretation", sure, because that's exactly what Jesus Christ wanted.

60 thousand sects interpretating what was objectively revealed.

If you think we don't have disagreement ok then, it's that how you expressed yourself. One could understand something like "A good amount of the clergy are pedophiles, therefore the church also is". Do find anything on the bible, on any letter of the apostles or any pope documents that afirms that.

There isn't, unlike islam in every part of it's existence.

THIS regardless of what popes have said I have met several priests still willing to name (((them)))

>You can't ignore a piece of scripture just because you don't like it.
And you guys don't fast and eat pork.

"notice me senpi" :P
Sorry, I'm not replying to all because it's 3am and I'm rather sleepy.

Oui, c'est vrai que tu fais un bon point. Si on me disait maintenant qu'il faut choisir, ce serait Catholicisme mais je dois faire encore beaucoup de recherches. La chose principale que je n'arrive pas à comprendre est la Trinité.

Est-ce que t'es Catholique?

>
Propaganda bullshit and isis assholes are making you having this judgement lel. Islam isn't, in fact, a very good religion because of the hadiths which tell to kill, spare the blood, etc in contradiction with the quran. Yet, it remains a religion, sorry, another time maybe.
+ Christianism is a shitskin semitic religion too come back to paganism at least it's 100% white

I love this response, Thank-you!

>Est-ce que t'es Catholique?

Je suis catholique oui, mais je suis très ouvert. J'ai lu la Torah, le Coran, j'essaie de rester ouvert. Je pense que le plus important, c'est le fait d'aimer Dieu, les prophètes importent peu, le facteur est bien moins important que la personne qui envoie la lettre à nos yeux. C'est pourquoi, si tu ne trouves pas chaussure à ton pied, tu n'as qu'à rester agnostique!

Wait maybe I should have written the message in english and not in French to be understood by everyone lel.

There is scripture from the New Testament that overturns the no pork law (Mark 7:14-22)

Fasting occurs during Lent. It's just not as explicit on the definition as islam is.

Be the Christianity you want it to be

You are actually and idiot if you follow any of those two religions. You are fooling yourself if you think God is remotely aware of your deeds. You are not that important.

Christianism has good values overall, but the narrative is incomplete and inconsistent, even corrupted and confusing in some passages.

Islam is consistent but was invented to fit an expansionist medieval agenda. It justifies war and crimes against infidels.

Select your religion according to the civilization it produces when followed by a great number of people.

Okay merci. En ce moment je suis agnostique et je vais rester comme ça jusqu'au moment de la certitude absolue.

Problem with theists is they simply don't take metaphysics seriously. They see religions as simply a group they can belong to, like a fashion, except you don't wear it, you beleive in it.

They give no consideration whatsoever to hard facts.

What the fuck does beleive even mean, if I say 'I believe red is blue' do you have to respect my beliefs? or would you rather just think im a fucking unhinged idiot.

French master race, kek. Et en plus c'est plus sincère si tu me parles en français.

religions in descending order of goodness:
sophia perennis/universal wisdom
gnosticism
advaitism
zen buddhism
tibetan buddhism
mystical sufism
earth based pagan religion (NOT voudon)

all the rest are either social pleasantries (episcopalianism, mainstream buddhism, hinduism)

or pure propaganda
(pentecostalism, fundamentalist protestantism, catholicism, shia, sunni, hindvutra, orthodox judaism)

correct. only god and man. choose a tradition that respects only those, and an occasional support person along the way

Catholicism, no question.

Christianity is an almost self-loathing religion. The highest virtue is salvation through sacrifice. You carry the burden of sin by your very nature and must seek repentance and salvation through Christ. You are absolutely personally responsible for everything in your life. It is a religion full of paradoxes (i.e. mortal incarnation of god, trinity) suggesting the transcendental nature of God with deep theology and metaphysics. The Bible must be interpreted by man, because the word of God cannot be rendered into human language.

In Islam, the highest virtue is submission to Allah, who has absolute power. Allah is so absolute, that human moral agency is diminished, and the "True Believers" who correctly follow Islamic law are absolved of all personal responsibility for their actions, because consequences are determined by the One True God.

Basically, Christianity is for deep existential and moral thinkers. Islam is for petulant children who conflate law with ethics.

Regarde toutes les possibilités surtout, renseigne-toi, va dans une église si possible, évite les mosquées par contre parce que le problème c'est que dans les mosquées les imams sont souvent des extrémistes de ISIS enfin ils peuvent t'embrigader ou te dégoûter des religions au choix. Tu n'es pas obligé de t'arrêter aux deux religions dominantes btw. :) Sinon ouais, surtout que j'ai un peu de mal avec l'anglais, comment ça se fait que tu parles si bien français?