WHY ARE MILLENIALS SO DISLOYAL?

gallup.com/businessjournal/191459/millennials-job-hopping-generation.aspx

Millennials have a reputation for job-hopping. Unattached to organizations and institutions, people from this generation -- born between 1980 and 1996 -- are said to move freely from company to company, more so than any other generation.

The data support this. A recent Gallup report on the millennial generation reveals that 21% of millennials say they've changed jobs within the past year, which is more than three times the number of non-millennials who report the same. Gallup estimates that millennial turnover costs the U.S. economy $30.5 billion annually.

Millennials also show less willingness to stay in their current jobs. Half of millennials -- compared with 60% of non-millennials -- strongly agree that they plan to be working at their company one year from now. For businesses, this suggests that half of their millennial workforce doesn't see a future with them.

Because there's no reason to think we'll get raises.

I'm in one of the last industries to offer pensions to non-union employees. That's probably why.

Well our degrees aren't worth anything and good entry level jobs with career training and advancement are hard to come by, not very many slots for a lot of millennials, so most of us have shitty retail jobs that any reasonable person would want to move on from after a while

I've been with the same company for 12 yrs now and the job before it 2 yrs. I only quit my former job to move to my current.

Because every place has almost little to no advancement and wages are low so you hop around for minor incremental raises to try and beat yearly cost of living increases, meanwhile the companies themselves are making more profit than ever before.

Because companies have zero loyalty too.

Maybe because their under employed? Pay sucks? The work is miserable?
Classic boomer bosses trying to play the victim instead of thinking of what's wrong with yhem

This seems legit. I'm 30 currently working for the government. I've had countless jobs but i only stayed at one for 2 years (Dell) The other 95% is less than 6 months.

If im not challenged or dont think its a good fit i leave. Company loyalty is fucking stupid, be loyal to your family, your people. not a fucking business who doesn't care about you either.

what everyone has already said, but basically companies don't promote from the shop floor like back in grandpa's day. They fly in execs with MBAs and 20 years exp, so there's no career progression, especially considering they wiped out an entire layer of middle management. So to progress you actively shop around and when a company offers you better pay/ a more esteemed position you take it.

Murica and UK and the west in general adopted the Japanese model of business but left out all of the lifetime employment and career progression benefits that came with it.

Because the social contract is broken.

Loyalty used to be a two way street. Now it's only expected to go one way. Companies don't give a fuck about you, why would you care about it?

>Be 1996
>Be called both a millennial and Gen Z

Pick a fucking date retards

Your generation is fucking worthless

gen z is 2000+ you spastic

If the children are bad you should blame the parents who raised them.

Fuck you

>destroy the systems that support society piece by piece
>first you destroy the work week
>then you destroy the nuclear family
>then you destroy nationalism
>then you destroy the concepts of fixed identity that are gender and marriage

>why aren't people loyal to anything???????

>Because companies have zero loyalty too.

This, these companies don't give a shit about us.

I got hired at Walmart once, and they waited until someone worked 4 hours of their shift and it was their lunch break to fire them and tell them not to come back.

This. Every corp ive ever worked for makes it very clear that the employee is expendable and treats them that way. Loyalty is a two way street.

its having a temper tantrum

I watched a documentary from the bbc and they quoted 2000 and that made sense to me, i should have known not to accept anything from cuckmedia

Maybe because millennials are getting paid pennies for unskilled labor completely unrelated to their actual area of interest?

>abstract citizenship to a purely economical contract
>raise money ass the unum necessarium
>be surprised when you get a bunch of mercenary citizens

LMAOing at their life

I'm starting my own generation

I'm calling 1996'ers generation Kangz

You can't stop me
There's no definition that can call me wrong

>ass*

as

Wtf autocorrect.

1980 for millennials? Try again cocksucker motherfucker. I'm too god damn close to 40 to be a part of that shitstain generation. Millennials are 14 to 25 years old. I wasn't born in the year 1995 you cunts. Christ,Reagan was president when i was a kid,MJ was still a nigger and we were not up to our new wave assholes in muslims and niggers.

In IT for instance you can get more experience and way better increases in salary for jumping around. Also companies, especially right now, will drop you in an instant if it helps their bottom line even for one or two quarters. They don't look into the future and if it's a public company, all they care about are stock buybacks.

Loyalty to corporate Jews is the ultimate form of cuckoldry.

gee i wonder
>import pajeets and mohammeds
>pay them less
>abuse them
>they expect the same out of you
>fail to train them
>unsafe work as a trademan / shit quality
>refuse
>stand up for yourself
>leave company

Theres no point being loyal to a company when they're not gonna be loyal to you. I went through 6 years at a company, and the above happened to me.

Promotions are nonexistent. Boss has to pay up, or I'm gonna move on. Fuck you, pay me. That's capitalism, bitches.

It was you greedy bastards who crashed the economy.

Good times created weak and greedy boomers.

Unwillingness to be a wagecuck = worthless, you either never worked or are a coddled boomer

Calm down manchild

>move freely from company to company, more so than any other generation
nigga, 3 out of the 4 companies I worked in got shut down, for a while I even thought that it was me shutting them down

>I'm in one of the last industries to offer pensions to non-union employees
What is law.

This. It works both ways. Gone are the days where people actually work at the same company for 30 years and get a full pension. Now they just fire you and kick you out the door to be passed off somewhere else, because they can hire a new kid fresh out of college who will do the same job at a lower pay because he has no experience.

This. The only reliable way to get a raise is to change jobs. If you stay in the same company too long you are likely significantly underpaid.

Whatever go make up some more fake genders and go blow a muslim and finger your whore mother.

>why won't you just accept slavery?1?!?!/1/?
>don't you like what we did with your culture?!/1!?1?!?!?!?!
>3rd world trash is just like you!!!

Really shows that the Rich just consider us like livestock.

fuck off, kid

you don't get to call me a millennial if I was an adult before the year 2000 existed.

>work same job for 7 years
>only one raise in that time
>boss literally says he wont promote me because there is no other idiot here who would do my job

Thinking of going to abroad now because if i stay here i am only gonna get 300 euros pension if i make it to old age.

Boss is now in full panic mode and has "forgotten" how he used to say that he has a line of workers waiting for my job if i should leave.

>pay millennials no money
>expect them to live near work
I'll hop from job to job like a fucking frog if I'm getting better money somewhere else. You can't pay millenials barely enough to pay rent in their shitty apartments and then be surprised when they take off.

loyalty is a two way street and corporations don't give a fuck about easily replaceable employees

The last number I saw was to switch every 5 years in order to keep your pay stable

Livestock. That's rich. Livestock has some use. Your like a generation of worthless broken glass dildos.

Because people are treated bad and get a bad pay obviously.
There is absolutely no reason to be loyal when the company cucks you whenever possible

This.

Employers don't adjust wages for experience, and often don't have room for advancement. So there is not much benefit in staying at a place more than 2 years without internal promotion, because you can take that accrued experience elsewhere and get a higher job and thus a higher salary.

Since this game of job hopping musical chairs is happening, it makes it easy and frankly, you would be dumb not to do it. I have been at the same comapny almost 4 years and could have moved on for more money a year or two ago but I'm comfortable. I totally understand why my peers choose to play the game and hop around. I could be making 10 or 20 grand more.

The fundamental problem is, that employers haven't reacted to this new reality of the job market completely. They are more than willing to have people come and go, but they aren't willing by and large to offer substantial increases in pay to retain talent and for that reason they are contributing to this entire situation.

I know a guy who went from an IT help desk tech making 40k/yr to director of IT for a small company making 100k/yr in the course of 5 years. Granted he is talented and does well in interviews, but if he stayed at the original job he would be some manager pulling 55-60. There is often little to gain in sticking around and it isn't the fault of employees.

Pushing your views on me, kek, have fun killing yourself with alcohol because you can't come to terms with your meaningless life

Fucking this.

I hope I am worthless to you. I hope I never feed your awful system.

thank you, im writing my dissertation on the topic

>no chance of raise
>money is shit to begin with
>WHERES YOUR LOYALTY??? HURRR DURRR

Are boomers really this stupid? Paying your millenials shit money and then whining about them leaving (when I've been reminded at multiple jobs how expendable I am) is pretty fucking hilarious

Kys, for some reason I get to call you whatever the fuck I want snownigger

this. every job ive had working for others has been a nightmare of the higher ups dumping everything on those at the bottom and then fucking off on vacation so their shit decisions cannot be rectified

>Little incentives
>Collapsing currency due to inflation
>Pensions collapsing under the weight of baby boomers
>401K useless due to stock market bubbles

Short term gain i.e. a small raise per hour is more important than gimme dats years down the line...

Millennials will always be the generation that was surviving and waiting until the collapse..

Exactly. In fact, management nowadays go out of their way to hire from the outside. Hiring from within is frowned upon, because "you need to bring in fresh eyes!" or whatever the fuck. There's no more upward mobility. Do a good job, and *maybe* you'll eek out a slight bonus. But you'll never get promoted. They'll always hire from outside. And your career will be nothing but a series of "lateral promotions"

Another thing that drives me crazy is how performance evaluations are done nowadays. You'll have your evaluations based on a 5 point scale, and then they'll tell you that "what used to be a 5/5 is now going to be considered a 3/5". Suddenly you go from getting perfect 5/5 scores on your evaluations to getting 3/5s, and you're now on probation. And nobody will even tell you what you need to improve, because you were actually doing fine. It's all just a way to hold a "bad score" over your head so they have an excuse to fire you if don't take it up the ass 24/7

I'm 25, and listening to the way people my age talk about work, I think a lot of the problem is that everybody's been fed this bullshit about work being some sort of fun and fulfilling venture, when the majority of jobs are wageslaving drudgery.

Why would anyone harbor an attachment to a fucking company?

How much of a goyim slave would you and EVEN have to BE

Job hopping is a good thing. It's men's thing by the way, it's also the reason why men get higher wages, they are able to negotiate better wages at their next job.
And you gain new competences.

The Japanese model, where you stay at a corporation for life because nobody else will hire you, is not a good model.

>Are boomers really this stupid?
They're highly disconnected from the current market reality and that's where the "lazy millennial" meme comes from

yeah, we have that same attitude here also.

How is that even suppose to motivate the workers?

>hey dude we have a line of workers behind the door waiting for you job
>you are basically worthless to me and i only hire you because you are lucky and i can fire you at any minute

really makes you want to commit

Oh cunt plese like your even that important. You are nothing but a shitstain. You deserve a quick death and your organs harvested for my use.

>implying I'm going to be loyal to a company A when company B is offering me better pay with benefits

It's amazing how people in the corporate world expect millennials to have some kind of "company loyalty" even though they could get a better offer somewhere else...but as soon as the chips are down the company will cut that "loyal" employee without any reconsideration.

Several reasons:

1. Companies are disloyal. Workers are viewed as disposable these days. You've got people that work IT for a company for long periods of time that get laid off so they can be replaced with an H-1B.
2. There are no long term benefits to staying with a company. Pensions are pretty much gone.
3. Job hopping is the best way to get a proper raise or promotion. You can make much more money by switching companies than by taking the pittance of a raise that is given each year. New employees often start out making more than what the longterm employees make. There are people that have been in my department for 15 years with the same job title as me and I started off making more than them.
4. Millennials can't afford a mortgage because they're usually shackled with student loans. So it's easier for them to move around.

yep, continuous improvement, always moving the goal posts and yet they barely give you enough of a raise to cover inflation, whilst asking 30% more our of you every review

Gonna have to catch me first. I actually exercise unlike your obese, vice-laden generation.

Hope you can keep up old man.

>tfw uncles working for IBM and JP Morgan
>constantly complaining about hiring Americans because "millennials want so much money"
>they only try to hire Indians or Chinese
Pretty disgusting desu

>work somewhere for 2 years
>get internal promotion
>sorry user you have to do 3 months before you get more money from that promotion
>ooohkayy.jpg
>3 months comes and goes
>not one word about upped pay
>start looking for new jerb
>4 months comes , get decent , offer submit resignation
>they either cant, dont want to or forgot about paying me more. all options are deal breakers
>bosses are surprised that i walked

its cute when americans think cunt has a hefty punch

B-but I read an article that said people who switch jobs often get paid more

Baby boomers are the cancer that gave us what society is today... Everything that you complain about now was brought about by them the past half a century... They will never admit it and they will never take responsibility... Just have to wait for the gibmedats system to collapse
>Social Security
>Medicare
>Medicaid
>Pensions
>401K
>Real Estate (Rent Slavery)

I figure in these treacherous times we should try to remember our loved one desu. My family really keeps me sane.

>2017
>not running an internet business

You all deserve everything that happens to you.

Cunt i am 35. Besides your canadian. Your barely even human. I hope you get AIDS from those niggers you like fucking.

Shouldn't you be off blowing some muslims ma?

>Millennials will always be the generation that was surviving and waiting until the collapse..

Great point. I feel like that's all I've been doing my entire working life. Saving as much as I can until the system collapses. My fear is that all my savings will get wiped out when that occurs.

Hah! Missed me by a year, gen z best gen.

to be fair 3 out of the 4 companies you worked for were Soviet state corporations, so it's not really a good comparison since everyone lost their jobs in '91

Guns, Gold/Silver, Bullets, 3 Months Food Storage, and a Source of water (1/2 Gallon Per day).. Good luck user

Haha jokes on you I'm a virgin. And will be until marriage.

you don't even use it properly, you're not supposed to use it like niggers use bitch. you use it like you use 'asshole' or prick or bastard.

for example, get to fuck you neckbeard cunt

No you don't fuckface. Just accept it, your generation missed out on the best cartoons and best video games.

Now fuck off and make my double double bitch.

>People get fired over bullshit
>Pay cuts galore despite being understaffed
>No loyalty from employers
>Zero job security

gee user i dunno

Granted I've been with the community college I work at for a few years and they strongly encourage promotion from within, but most of my friends just get laid off from their jobs willy nilly. Not surprising millenials will want to just go to the highest bidder and just save money till they can find the next one.

There is already been 3 money collapses here in my life time, saving money seems pointless at this point when the jews make it worthless after 20 years cycles

Indeed. I'm a pharmacist working at a hospital, and this is the shit I've been dealing with for some time now.

I used to get stellar evaluations for your job, and good evaluations meant you got a pay increase of 3-4% instead of 2% if you were just average. Keep in mind that 2% isn't actually a raise anyway, and only keeps up with inflation.

Then they changed it from increasing your % raise to just being a flat bonus (that way it doesn't compound ever year, ie they get away with paying you less over time). Then they change the evaluation rubric and suddenly I'm getting middling reviews, even though I'm doing everything perfectly. They tell me in order to get "exceeding" scores again and get a bonus, I need to go "above and beyond" without actually giving me an explanation of how to do this. You apparently need to bend over backwards and sink in countless extra hours of work just to get an extra 500-1000 bucks a year. Not even fucking worth it.

You never had a corporate job have you?

Easy answer to an easy question. Companies have no loyalty for their workers so why would the workers have loyalty for the company?

>Silver
>Gold
>Bitcoin
>Hard Assets (Farmland)
>Tangible Goods that won't leave you if Shit hits the fan are the only way to escape it (Maybe)

>savings will get wiped out
Mark my words, the government will confiscate savings to prop up Social Security because "they earned it". Savings mean nothing; you honestly may as well spend the money now, because there's more than an economic collapse on the way. We live in Interesting Times, so enjoy it while you can.

I have worked at the same place for a long time now and the other day I heard some girl say omg he still works here?

>companies don't promote from within
>give little to no raises consistently
>wonder why there's no loyalty

Great, everything is totally not your fault.

What are you going to do about it?

1. Much easier to get a raise going to new job.

2. Zero loyalty from employer. I've seen hard workers, guys that have been there 20+ years and they got downsized, aka, they made a lot and they can hire some poo in the loo for a fourth the cost.

3. Draining to do the same shit everyday with no raises, no security, no pensions,etc.

4. Muh diversity hires

Multi-job masterrace
career cattle days are counted.

Vote for Trump... and Survive by getting a job and preparing.. Not much else I can do at this point...

tl;dr

>im a millennial just come to the real world
>i can see the down falls of my shet generation

because we cant make long term commitments
we need instant-gratification to stay interested
we expect everything to be given no ques tens asked and if they are we need to prove we are alpha and throw a fit to get our way

Better than any of those is securing yourself a future in your mind. When you die, all that happens is your body stops communicating with your mind; when the collapse comes, it'd be best to die quickly so that you can be free from the meat. Heaven is within, so rather than killing yourself to gain bullets (that won't work when the powder gets wet and the barrel corrodes) and gold (that has very little intrinsic value outside of non-working electronics), spend that time building your paradise.

I hate millennials but I agree with this. And the upper level managers I have had over the years have always looked for and praised and rewarded the job hoppers. "Mix up the culture"

Who here took the /neetbux/ redpill?

Companies don't like employees working for long periods of time for them. They don't like having to pay pensions, and they like it when all the workers barely know each other, because it means less camaraderie and more "productive" working because nobody talks to one another.

>What is population growth
>What is working your way up the corporate ladder