Quotes to live by

Sup Forums what are the quotes that guide you in life in the time of darkness ?

"A mind without purpose will wonder in dark places"

“Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Find discipline and you will find your inner liberty.”

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473
youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3ZTp4eG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

nice artwork, kudos to the artist

>"An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

I like to think it's a warning against race mixing and globalism.

>tfw all those Chaos cultists saying "Chaos is the only answer" when you can actually just oppose Chaos to preserve balance in this unhinged universe

shameless second bump

"Purge the alien, the mutant, the heretic."

here's some more sweedbro

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

”nihil sine deo”
”deus vult”

"A mind with purpose will never wonder"

checkmates christfags

is cool, ... somebody has talent :)

>Implying that forming the Kingdom of Man under Heavens is not a purpose

> implying resistance to Chaos isn't part of it
Carry on, corpse-pawn.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move.”

>ungarian
>bicking caos

"you should live your life in a way that the suffering it has to contain, because you're confined and vulnerable, is justified"

actually here is the full true quote. Marvel mangled certain parts for their agenda. The real quote is from Mark Twain.

“Each of you, for himself or herself, by himself or herself, and on his or her own responsibility, must speak. It is a solemn and weighty responsibility and not lightly to be flung aside at the bullying of pulpit, press, government or politician. Each must decide for himself or herself alone what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn’t. You cannot shirk this and be a man, to decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor. It is traitorous both against yourself and your country.
Let men label you as they may, if you alone of all the nation decide one way, and that way be the right way by your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country, hold up your head for you have nothing to be ashamed of.
It doesn’t matter what the press says. It doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say. It doesnn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. Republics are founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe in. no matter the odds or consequences.
When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move. Your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world:
“No, you move.”

"Say it with words."

Except you can't.
>be alive
>feed chaos
>die
>also feed chaos
You just can't beat chaos. You may as well join the winning side.

The gift of tolerance is treason.

Verily I say unto thee, that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. - Jesus Christ

pity the guardsman a weak sack of flesh destined to die for a dead god that never cared, it spends its pitiful, brief life alone in his foxhole with nothing to keep him company, or to keep him safe, than the cheapest, most disposable equipment. Me? As a servant of Chaos I enjoy all that this universe and the warp has to offer. Power courses through my veins.The gifts of the chaos gods will soon overtake me, and one day I may ascend. What has the guardsmen to look forward to but a grim life, and if he is lucky, perhaps he will feel nothing as my axe sends his soul to Khorne. He lives for a corpse god and he shall join his god.. as a corpse. And I shall spare a second to think of his kind. Then I shall only laugh. Hail CHAOS!

And the reply:

You would laugh monster. But let me remind you. Within this weak sack of meat and bone, uncared for by his god and wept for by none, beats a heart. A human heart, that carries with it the strength and courage of all mankind.Within that sack of meat is the hope, the will, and the fury of every man women and child from every corner of the Imperium. Within that weak sack of meat, festooned in thin armor and weapons only powerful in numbers , beats the heart of a man. And for ten thousand years, the hearts of men have beaten, strongly, in defiance of your so called "powers". For ten thousand years, your black crusades have been pushed back, beaten down, and made a mockery of, by weak sacks of flesh with cheap weapons and disposable equipment. For that weak sack of flesh that you so gleefully mock is no supersoldier, no immortal warrior, no creature cursed by chaos like you. He is a man, an Imperial Gaurdsman drawn from some forgotten corner of the Imperium to fight for his species and for the safety of the people he loves. He is a factory worker. a farmer, a storekeeper, a father, a brother, a son, a mere man. And against creatures like you teeming and numberless, powered by the wills of thirsting gods...He holds the line. He has held the line for ten thousand years. So what is your excuse, monster?

>dis thread
>alla theyz bigg, bigg boss worshipaz
>alla dis kaos fags
>no orkiss
der iz a complete lack o' boyz

da redz goez fasta, waaaaagh!

but o' corse mi dea ork,dats da way o' stuf bin fer ebur

But if chaos wins all of humanity will be destroyed/killed/no longer human.

If this happens where will the immaterium and chaos god's get the emotions that give power to them?

If chaos wins it destroys itself lad.

No worries, it's in GW's best interests to keep it an eternal darkgrim grimdark stalemate. You're pretty much set unless you're a squat.

Why do you think the Black Crusades failed?
Chaos is Life, it does not extinguish it's own source of nurishment by total success but creates a stagnant, bloated empire that suffers and the few who understands the nature of the universe can and carries the willpower can ascend to join the Gods

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Damn Fucking right it is lad.

IT IS ALL SO SOOOOO EXPENSIVE.

I CANNOT EVEN PAINT THAT WELL!

"Only in death does duty end"

>Rev. 3:15-16
And so you are Lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, but Oh how I wish you were one or the other!
And so it is because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I spit you from my mouth

>After leaving a family event or gathering, never start a conversation with your wife or significant other with "Well your fucking mother...."

"it is better to die for the emperor than to live for yourself"

This too

"Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life"

"Even in death I still serve."

Foolish are those who fear nothing, yet claim to know everything

and the most grim dark quote ever
"Happiness is a delusion of the weak"

>quotes that guide you in life in the time of darkness
"Dance to the beat wave your hands together
Come feel the heat forever and forever
Listen and learn it is time for prancing
Now we are here with Caramelldansen"

I'm not venturing into the Valley of Death heeding some edgy dark shit.

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"

>fakkurifu

>autism: the thread

>leaf

"Truth is Subjective"

>B-but Chaos hates stagnation, and the fact that the Black Crusades keep failing isn't making the storyline move at all!

"Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none"

kek

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane"

>autism: the post

Do you hear the voices too?

"We learnt long ago that the inscrutable universe turns upon an axis of suffering, because pain is inevitable."

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473

"In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way"

"...large adult section in back!"

>Pilgrims_of_Hate

I got two of the 40k roleplay books the other day, I wish now I had bought them all. I don't even have the core books I just love the lore, they'll be unfortunately worth a lot more in the coming years as they're now out of print.

Anyway, the Pilgrims of Hayte (how it's actually spelt) had this *insanely* powerful NPC who was among them....fuckit i'm getting the book right now....

Ok here. "Lady Solace, A false prophet".
Diciples of the Dark Gods, page 129.

SIX FATE POINTS THAT SHE CAN USE IN ONE ENCOUNTER

HOLY SHIT YOU HAD BETTER BE KIDDING ME

It's nearly impossible to kill this fucking bastard.

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

>Gork an' Mork only need good smashin' to be satizfied! Why'd'ya need wordz wen you can jus' use dakka?

"Do not waste your tears. I was not born to watch the world grow dim. Life is not measured in years, but by the deeds of men."

Las Malvinas son Británicas.

"Hope is the first step on the road tro disappointment"
youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3ZTp4eG4

to*

"What fucking exclusion zone?"
- Captain of the Belgrano

"Every man is a spark in the darkness. by the time he is noticed he is gone forever. A retinal after-image that fades and is obscured by newer, brighter lights."

"People are idiots"

The dead cannot cry out for vengeance, it is the duty of the living to do so for them.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"

if its cringy, dont do it

this thread is cringy
stop

A knifeless man is a lifeless man.

For context on what a fate point is, they're basically the things that make a character just ever so slightly more special than a random scrub.

You can "burn" a fate point to avoid dying, but you barely survive. Eg you get shot but you burned a point (they're very difficult to get back, GM's award them) so you can survive with major head trauma.

Characters typically have 1 or 2 and get them back after whole campaigns, but this crazy witch with apeshit spells has 6 of them to use in one encounter, so you can blow her brains out repeatedly and "oh no, she lives....I hope you like suffering more wounds than your entire party has in hit points by the way".

tl;dr: If you kill a false prophet make sure they're dead, chop them up "Evil Dead" style, put them in a blender, stuff them in a nuke and fire it into the sun.

Six fate points, jesus fucking christ.

nice poem, thx amico

"This too will pass"

this thread is the exact thing 4-chan is used to rake the piss of, please don't posit on the actual website, get back to tumblr pleb cunts

Keep going guys, we are bothering the nazis

“Life is a struggle. Even to stand up is a struggle against the law of gravity, and I think that the joy of life is in the struggle itself – not the victory – because if it were we’d all lose. We’re all gonna croak. We all lose the battle of life so if you can’t find fun in the fight, to live and to live to the fullest, then you’re a failure already before you even start.”

-George Lincoln Rockwell

"If you want to Shine like the Sun you have to burn like it first"

"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

Both from Adolf Hitler

Keep fighting, Sup Forums, because they sure as hell won't stop

"kill yourself"

All that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be

Take this pretentious shit to /his/.

>quotes that guide you in life in the time of darkness?