Antifa on Reddit were Insulting Starship Troopers Yesterday

I guess they hate space-pussy and automatic weapons and fun-lives and goyous adventure...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontine_Marshes#20th_century
youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8qd0VKPAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

insects eat everyone?
ironic considering the actual fascists drained the marshes around rome that were giving everyone malaria.

i read this for a book club once. my opinions were not well received.

So, we will fly to other planets and our technology will be really advanced when fascism wins?

So they drained the swamp?

they literally did
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontine_Marshes#20th_century

>Everyone will have a purpose and be generally happy with their lives
Would I like to see more? Sure.

I'd sure as hell join the Nazi party for an opportunity to wreck a 25-year-old Denise Richards.

Fuck jews. They're such sadists while at the same time being neurotic faggots.

Seriously, what were their criticisms that made this bright future (even considering the massive bug war) dystopian or bad?

star ship troopers is an awesome movie.

Amtifa are faggot numales with blue hair

What? that we win wars?

We don't stagnate and die on this rock.
We finally touch the stars.

>what happens when facism wins
Our perfect society of genetically superior humans gains super powers, space travel, ultra advanced technology and a culturally homogenous, united world?

Right Wing Fantasy Squads.

Name one Friend That is Not Fantasy

Exactly.

They want compliant peasants rooting in the mud, forever.

>not wanting to get at dizzy, the much better one

>you will never wreck the shit out of space insect scum with your bro-as-fuck squad mates

Feels bad man.

God she's still so beautiful, even today

A lot of it was made to be ironic, tho. Verhoeven doesn't like the concept of fascism or militarism, and tried to give many aspects of the film an over-the-top le isn't this funny feel.

In terms of emotional transitions and narrative, it was a cluster fuck for this reason, as well as a few others. But I still liked it.

some user had a nice paste about how starship troopers had a very cool and good political system setup that would probably work best.

It inspired some anons to read that book and to try to see if such a system could work.

Sadly I dont have the paste so if some user could provide it again, it could re-spark this whole thing again.

>Required military service
>Authority gonna make me bleed for Rome
>Implying any of those types would be fit for infantry
Oh no, I've got to hand out towels at the fucking locker rooms as opposed to getting my skull hollowed out by a giant psychic maggot, literally Nazi occupied France all over again.

Honestly blows me away everytime

can they not count? starship troopers was published in 1959.

>(((culturally homogenous, united world)))?
ftfy

while I agree that Starship Troopers is an awesome book.

I'd love to have a talking Neodog

>Expecting them to read

i just love it when antifa is on our side!

Wait, so world peace, space travel, and fighting giant fucking space bugs is a bad thing?

A leftist government would have accepted Bug refugees and would tweet #prayforBuenosAires once the bugs had destroyed the city.

They would also keep excusing the actions of the bugs as #notallbugs by showing bugs from the earth coexisting in peace with Humans. Anyone trying to criticize this would be called xenophobic (now in the real sense of the word), speciest, arachnophobic and all other types of buzzwords.

There would also be people with signs saying "Bugs Welcome" when the first bugs start raining down in their cities. When the bugs started to kill people, everyone would be calling that a "lone wolf" attack and that it has nothing to do with Bug society. Cops would be forbidden to say which species committed the crimes in order to prevent Bug hating.

J. K. Rowling would be tweeting stuff about how the bugs are good by showing examples of her books, mostly by citing passages about Aragog and Hagrid.

Celebrities would also be tweeting and making speeches about how hateful humans are regarding the bugs, meanwhile none of them would be actually living on earth. Instead they would all be living in spaceships far away from the bug problems on earth.

>I guess they hate space-pussy and automatic weapons and fun-lives and goyous adventure...

and good CGI that holds up much better than other movies
and fun movie trailers not full of any pretentious bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8qd0VKPAE

Yah, everyone loved DR, but, I was a Diz fan. Loved her tits

>tfw not everybody wants a loyal and obedient, beautiful, and athletic space military waifu

bumpo for this

>tfw no tsundere squadmate qt 3.14 to bully and mock you whenever you feel like quitting

Military service wasn't mandatory, but it being a military republic it was the only way to become a citizen and vote. Diz also talks about how she chose to serve to have an easier time applying for breeding rights.

My niggers. 11 year old me nearly blew it in my pants during the shower scene

beunos aires was staged by the fed to cover up a large platinum movement. do you really think bug juice can melt composite memes? this is too much. you know how many civilian bugs get squished everyday? why don't you check out the leandry incident. that's what i thought

when you realize the warrior bugs are niggers and muslims, and the brain bugs are george soros type jews.

>what happens when fascism wins
You mean a having highly advanced space faring species who run a highly functional futuristic society where multiple scientific breakthroughs were made and the secrets of the human mind and body are actively being discovered? A society that finds a purpose for every single individual and makes being a citizen with the right to vote something that you must earn and therefore hold dear? A society that has the capability to fight extended space wars on the other half of the galaxy?

Yeah, sounds terrible.

>flips, nips, and crips team up for a nuclear bug-hunt
Wow sounds terrible.

sounds like they didnt understand the movie

You know what doesn't do that, WARHAMMER 40K XENO SCUM PURGE THE HERESY THE GREAT EMPEROR FILLS OUR MINDS WITH HIS WILL AND WE LOVE IT.

>Everyone will have a purpose and be generally happy with their lives
>being melted/eaten alive/de-brained by bugs

What the fuck is the deal with that space taxi death star trench run at 0:51? That wasn't in the movie, was it?

it was the pilot chick showing off before landing at the space station.

yeah it was.

The book is almost 60 years old.

I recently discovered Warhammer 40k. It's legit amazing.

i wish they had some more fiction (would make amazing films imo) because just looking at how most people get into it, I don't have time for that shit. I even stopped playing vidya. But it's still got incredible potential, really amazing desu.

Read Dune

Switzerland bringing the fucking roast

Underrated

>volunteering to fight an enemy that can wipe out entire regions of earth
>some die in the military
Boo hoo

Thank you for showing us this this here and proving that lefties are a bunch of newfags from reddit.

I read Dune for a little, the intro was great, I just couldn't stay interested. I kept picturing that David Lynch Travesty in my mind whenever I would read it. It seems that the Warhammer 40k fiction borrowed a great deal from Dune, and a few other notable story universes. It's like Dune with 10x the testosterone.

I haven't read any of the Horus Heresy books yet, to compare what I've read of Dune. But just aesthetically I like Warhammer more desu. It's kind of post-Dune, what his visions were all about in a way. Total war and all that.

Yeah, I never read W40k, but I know some lore from broswing /tg/. AFAIK, it mainly takes from Dune stuff like the Golden Path and the God Emperor, which are actually found in the 3rd/4th Dune book, if you ever wanted to pick the series up again

The book was much more open to interpetation. The movie was quite subtle in showing how bad fascism could be. Just like Robocop, the bad guys already won.

Our modern time is better reflected by the puppet masters. REEEEeeeee

eval()▲
▲ ▲

>david lynch travesty
GET A LOAD OF THIS FAGGOT
David Lynch's Dune was a visual and audio masterpiece, it was beauty in motion and it's only downfall is the writers took some meth before they read the book so they fucked up the story.

He fucked up Michael Ironsides performance along with Dizzy tits and gay psychics make it to entertaining.

Also
> Literally knife-hands a recruit to a wall

He crossed the overton window by miles.

What he said with Irony made sense to a lot of people

That whole line about "Violence is the ultimate authority, from which all other authority descends." was on the money

Associating Heinlein with fascism. What a bunch of illiterates. Love starship troopers.

>audio masterpiece

No, it was a piece of shit. Especially the score.

Lynch is probably my favorite director, I shill for him irl consistently. But not even I will defend that piece of shit. He didn't even want to put his name on it.

Most normal faggots reject such notions. I believe Verhoeven has an incredible abstract depth and social understanding, but he's willingly blue pilled on some things and it often skewers his intentions narrative-wise. I still loved Startship Troopers and most of his movies btw. Total Recall is one of the best Scifi movies ever made.

So when the tide changes, we twist the heebs arms and get them to work for us?

You see the opinion on the lower half? yeah, it really can't be hacked.

There were shitlibs that brought this up when Trump started using the phrase, claiming it showed he was a fascist like Mussolini.

I didn't mean the music, I meant the SFX
All the sound effects they put for the scifi stuff like their noise guns wasn't hokey or shit like the other scifi movies of the time

▲▲

Happy moments for all, did you miss the message behind the movie adaption of Space Troopers?

good

I thought you may have meant that.

What I did read of the book, when he was teaching those bros how to fight, they were learning how to use every muscle fiber of their body, and these martial art abilities that transcend everything we've developed to this point.

I think Lynch just cut a corner with the noise guns, because it would have taken money and effort they couldn't sacrifice. And they did this often with visual effects in the movie when they simply ran out of money.

Don't get me wrong, the aesthetic is really cool. I love the baroque and noir aesthetic he gave the set designs and shit of that nature. It was just not a masterpiece. He made that dude milk a fucking cat for fucks sake. It seems he was so fascinated with the scope of Herbert's ideas that he signed on without considering a lot. And that's why he didn't even want to put his name on it imo.

W-wait, people think that Starship Troopers is pro-fascism?

Holy shit she was a qt

i am a warhammer 40k lore wizard
AMA
go to /tg/

pls play with me
i play orks

you pro-bug??

Military service wasn't mandatory. Only necessary to vote, which is right. If you're not willing to put your life on the line for a country then you shouldn't get a say in what happens there and who runs it. Universal democracy was the worst mistake ever

You mean I could be in the space marines fighting giant bugs that shoot fireballs out of their asses as we speak??

Thanks a lot for defeating Hitler assholes.

my dad had me watch starship troopers uncensored when i was like 6. IDK what his intent was since he is in the army and generally purple pilled but I have been redpilled with a boner since.

Whenever people talk about this mediocre movie, it just makes me realize they haven't read the GOAT book. They are completely different. One is a liberal parody, the other is a philosophical masterwork.

Only a complete retard could watch Starship Troopers and not see it for the blatant anti-fascist satire that it is

>NPH puts his hand on the brain bug

>"They're afraid"

Government immediately spends $48 billion on programs helping bugs acclimate to our society, but we can't ask them to change their culture that'd be xenophobic. Bleeding hearts everywhere cry about how much fear we put into the bugs. Liberally biased media runs articles about how fleet bombed "innocent bug civilians". Leftist politicians get up and give speeches about "who are the real terrorists"

Starship troopers is the perfect government

to be fair......
yes antifa is mindless infantile wickedness

but
did you know the humans are the bad guise in starship troopers?

yes

AWESOME but i want not knowledge...
but ART
post link your best/highest quality 40k art
the stories are fantastic
but the art is a love of mine

did ye oxygen thieves all abandon thread

>implying that fascism is bad

SAGE, because who gives a fuck?

There are very imprtant happenings right now new fags. Leave this type of faggy emotional bait alone. Now is the time to be men! Focus bitches!

The movie was garbage but the book and anime was bretty good.

I would blow your mind friend. I had a great art thread.

But i had to do emergency surgery on my comp the other day and lost most of my hard drive.....

hang around /tg/ with me to rebuild

bomp

tg?
not hr?
hr could use it

>Just like Robocop, the bad guys already won.

>Starship troopers showed us what happens
>Harry Potter showed us what happens
>Idiocracy showed us what happens

Why do liberals do that? How stupid do you have to be to unironically cite a work of fiction created by a leftist to show that you are correct?

Hourly reminder: /u/aubonpaine is a leftist reddit shitter who is insanely easy to trigger by direct message

What, we will have top tier special effects that still look good? Yes, please.

Heinlein was hard core right wing

I mean the movie. It's obviously a satire of fascism and was directed by some commie

>tfw you realise Trump made a fascist reference

I don't think Paul was a commie. He gave us some of the most violent and wonderful action movies.