Why haven't you joined a union?

Why haven't you joined a union?

>Why haven't you joined a union?
Pipefitter member asking the same question of others?

I don't like criminal organizations which use violence to alter the free-market.

wow you really drank the kool aid unless you are being sarcastic which i assume you are.

It's just another avenue for Jews to take over businesses if they can't do it through the banks.

I've been in 2 unions.

I have not, and as far as i know except perhaps at Boeing there aren't really any engineering unions in the US. So that would also exclude me from joining a union.

Pay increased instantly when the first one came to my jobsite and job satisfaction and quality of life went down, kinda like what happened to America.

Because the union apprenticeship school is like a 40 minute drive from a state capitol...

I also don't think there is a "carpentry union" which does work on residential restoration...

Furthermore, I'd like to start my own company within 10 years...

Corrupt pieces of shit

At least over here

Very exclusionary.... couldnt get "in" ..and people wonder why they are hated.. their elitist... "we got ours" mentality

I was a welder with the boilermakers. I have problems with my hands now where I can no longer weld. I dont know what to do Should I go back to school or to learn a new trade and join a new union. Im in my mid 30s so starting over makes me anxious.

I.B.E.W.

In.
Breadlines.
Every.
Winter.

I dislike communists. I join the union every job that says I have to but I know them to be a pack of cunts.

The CFMEU out of Perth, Western Australia has communist imagery all over the walls.....

The Brotherhood of Carpenters and joiners out of Alberta are single handedly stopping scaffolding from getting red sealed. It's highly dangerous and specialized but the corrupt union wants it money.

Fuck unions.

UAW-Ford here, not gonna say i agree with my union all the time, we mightve gotteb the raw end of the deal a few times, but at the end of the day im still making $31/hr plus bonuses job security is pretty damn good at my plant and im only 32 with 11yrs in and for the most part of my pension locked down along with my ira, 401k and thespe account. Literally be a millionaire when i get my 30 and doing damn good for myself in the process.

399 Teamsters nigga

I had the most kickass benefits when I was in a union a while back. Only job where I could actually afford to go to the doctor and the dentist and not have to worry about suddenly losing my job. The outdated perception that unions are used by the mafia and other sinister interests is laughable. Have fun being naive and giving your benefits and protection up to the corporate cocksuckers' shekel sacks.

hello brothers. the union is nice because it's like having a lawyer at work, you get benefits that other people negotiate, vote on priorities, etc.

My grandfather was a member of the IBEW.
When he passed away, they sent my family a hand written condolences letter along with a beautiful white leather-bound bible in a mahogany case with his initials engraved on the front.

Because I'm not a fucking marxists or Italian.

Get the fuck out of here, y'all are a bunch of leeches and I take joy in every union bust I'm a part of.

>I've been in 2 unions.
Must have been a shitty tradesman if you are a former member of TWO unions.>residential
I don't know of any skilled trade unions that have much to do with residential. Let the drunks and addicts have that for $10-15/hour. They deserve some part of the pie. Pipefitters focus on heavy industrial and heavy commercial.

>Im in my mid 30s
If your hands are buggered up in your mid-30s, you either had existing issues, or were holding the torch wrong the whole time...which can be as bad as poor typing posture. See what a doctor thinks. I know more than a few welders in their early-mid 50s that are a few years out from retirement that decided to get their carpal tunnel fixed...However, welding is brutal to the body. Fixed points of UV light, and the noise wreak havoc on your senses...blindness, and hearing loss....I don't weld, I do all other aspects of Pipefitting...I can weld, I just refuse to.
>In.
>Breadlines.
>Every.
>Winter.
I
block
entrance
ways

(usually with ladders)

>Have fun being naive and giving your benefits and protection up to the corporate cocksuckers' shekel sacks.
This. I love my hourly....Over $35/hour and due for a $0.75 next week. Benefits + retirement are pretty good.

>Because I'm not a fucking marxists or Italian.
Because you like fighting greedy employeers for shitty wages and raises that aren't worth a fuck. Keep on doing home improvement projects from a hand-man-van.

Because I'm not a retarded commie piece of shit.

>Why haven't you joined a union?
First in line here for the boilermakers apprenticeship. Can't wait to finally start making some real money, I fell for the welding meme and found out the hard way that 99% of these shops pay shit wages. Wish I had done this from the start. I'd already be a journeyman.

>being this stupid

get the fuck off this board commie scum

My union is garbage that charges more in membership fees than it offers in bargaining power

>be grown ass man
>paying someone to stick up for you
Pick one commie scum

PLT/PSE bro here $60/hr, double ot, getting 150k/yr feels good. Go Trump.

I dont want my dues going into the pocket of the communist/Democrat party.

Longshoreman $180k/yr salary
free no deducible/copay health insurance

Non-union work is for cucks

IBEW local 134 Chicago here. Not only do we make nearly $50/hr we are exempt from obamacare and have all our medical, dental, and retirement pensions and annuities fully funded by the contractors. Sure their are some in the union that are commie pieces of shit but as long as my $1380.00 a week check still cashes ill put up with it.

>I dont want my dues going into the pocket of the communist/Democrat party.
At times it is a necessary evil. I vote for the people who will give me work. I do not vote for who they tell me to. My hall always likes the Democrat meme, but by the same token if we play identity politics, democrats will take away coal and natural gas power plants....I don't think another 4-8 years of democrats would have allowed business to stay in the USA. We would have been a total Mess. You need to be aware of all the candidates and their platform and their past history in their stance. You also have the right to tell your members and elected officials at your hall how you feel about their choices. The meeting our hall advised us that they were supporting Hillary, the meeting erupted in laughter. They had to abandon that ship.

I'm starting the process right now. Anything difficult on the aptitude test or just basic college algebra
?