What is the best translation of the Bible pol?

What is the best translation of the Bible pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

lumina.bible.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Knox
baroniuspress.com/book.php?wid=56&bid=60
youtube.com/shared?ci=JX6SQ8TP98M
pidginbible.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=EKS2e3-z2js
youtube.com/watch?v=G_8wLKy3-Sc
ia800800.us.archive.org/19/items/TheGenevaBible1560/geneva_bible1560.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Scriptures_Bethel_Edition
youtu.be/FAgDXZfOfx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thomas Jefferson Bible is the redpilled version

reading king james etc but looking deep into every word for alternate meanings that ring true to you and reinterpretting entire passages in the way you think makes the most sense to your heart
alternatively finding the original greek/latin/hebrew texts and learning the language to read them

NET

here is a cool free study environment that uses it.

lumina.bible.org/

Monsignor Knox version. It's Catholic, but it's very, very good and not at all ideological. It was written by a convert.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Knox

baroniuspress.com/book.php?wid=56&bid=60

*translated, not written soz.

The translation you read is not nearly as important as protestants would have you believe, just find one that reads well to you and avoid the LDS or JW versions.

>shitposting aussie again haha its about the bible this time Sup Forums

fuck you eat shit and die fucker
get teh fuck off Sup Forums

>"stop liking what i don't like" the bible

King James, New King James.
You typically can't just read the bible and truly understand it all. You have to know the context to the books. Which means reading studies on the bible about the original Greek/Hebrew/Arabic it was written, as meanings of words and phrases from other languages don't always translate perfectly into other language. Taking things out of context in the Bible is how denominations were born.

Christ's message is pretty straightforward, you don't even need to be able to read to understand it.

there are 3 versions of the printed edition.
one has no notes, one has some notes, and the other has all 60,932 translator's notes (pic related)
sort of ridiculous

A good Bible dictionary and map helped me, especially with the Torah part of the Bible.

Doesn't matter. They're all just as false as the other.

None. Read it in the original languages and cross check meaning with KJV. But that doesn't mean the English KJV is sufficient. You have to understand the original text's meaning, not just a translation of it. Also, the first 5 books of the Bible probes, blacks really were kangs n sheit so prepare to have your worldview fucked and prepare to become a racist atheist, if you aren't already.

KJV, but be sure to interpret the words as the translators did. Some words have changed meaning over 400 years.
Also, be sure to understand that the KJV doesn't make minute distinctions between certain things. For example, fileo and agap'e are both translated to 'love', although they have slightly different meanings. Hades and Gehenna are both translated to 'hell', despite being two different things.

Basically, read the KJV, but cross reference it with a Koine Greek study bible, because there are some errors in it (but not as many as other English Bible versions IMO). There is no 'perfect' English translation of the Bible, so you will have to do a bit of studying if you want to get to what the words actually say. But from my experience, KJV cross referenced with a Koine Greek study Bible and another (easy to understand) Bible (I use the NIV, but it doesn't really matter so long as you understand what they're saying) is the way to go.

The Gnostic Bible.

King James is the better translation. Sought out an older version, as they have less alterations and perhaps you'll find the lost book of the Bible?

The one that lets me kill faggots and niggers.

There is nothing better than translating the Dead Sea Scrolls yourself in the correct contexts using Gods personal and proper name.

Hawaiian Pidgin version by far
> Jesus say, "God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da kine life dat stay to da max foeva." (John Tell Bout Jesus 3:16)

>teh
Kill yourself and stop representing my flag.

I made an error. Use a Koine Greek study bible for the New Testament, use an Aramaic Hebrew study bible for the Old Testament

Oh look, A FUCKING LEAF with a proxy

There isn't really a gnostic bible, closest thing would be the nag hammadi library but it isn't a complete collection of gnostic texts. Also, there are texts that were popular with so-called gnostics that were also used by non-gnostics and vice versa.

Just to repeat to everyone here - try out the Monsignor Knox translation. See if your local library has it. It was translated by an Oxford educated classicist, who served in British military intelligence during WW1 and was a prolific writer.

King james version is the true one according to Pastor "sodomite slayer" Anderson

Vietcrystal version.

KJV
Was burning in Hell part of your plan, kid?

jehovahs witness bible, fureals they have thousands of people doing literal translations of the original texts, or as close as original, and they dont have any jew propaganda in them.

true shit, jesus was never on a "cross" its was just a staight log, the cross was a jew invention so people would focus their energy on the cross, which is a 2d cube, which is a satanic symbol.

This explains the English Bible versions.
youtube.com/shared?ci=JX6SQ8TP98M

LDS Bible is just the King James. Unless you're talking about The Pearl of Great Price, the Doctrine of Covenants, of the Book of Mormon. LDS just use the King James Old and New Testaments.

This is pleasing to read.

>Jehovahs Witness
Piss of apostate. The NWT is cursed just like the reprobate that abridged and edited the scriptures to write that version.

You scumbags really need to stay out of Christian threads, you newage kikes.

Oh my fucking god, where can I buy this. I really really need to have a copy of this.

Mostly worried about footnotes.

pidginbible.org/
click "Wea can get"

The cross is a symbol of Tammuz from the Babylonian religion. Let me place it into context quickly. Representing when the sun passes over the constilation of Taurus the bull, impregnating the "mother of god and queen of heaven" who has the same title as Mary has today in the Catholic Church.
Christians celebrate this today as Easter. Eating ham and hot cross buns. 9 months later the son of the sun is born and repeats the cycle of many pagan sun god religion and of false gods from old.

All Muricans are gonna say KJV...because they didn't read anything else...

Easy To Read
Seriously this version of the four gospels and the stuff jesus said was as good and plain speaking as the havamal

If this was spread about I bet it would reverse the decline in interest

haha fuck outa here nigga, im not a jehovahs witness but their bible is on point, your kike bibles may be all well and good if you feel like worshipping satan but ill stick with a literal translation instead of a book of jewish propaganda

>The cross is a symbol of Tammuz from the Babylonian religion.
it's literally two lines two lines intersecting

the case you're making wouldn't be as retarded if we were talking about something as complicated as a yin yang

Maybe the Cross is important because Jesus was crucified?

Also, taking over pagan holy days was just slick marketing and a way to ease people into Christianity. There's no Illuminati conspiracy behind it.

The 1560 Geneva Bible or The Tyndale Bible seem pretty good.

woah there this is interesting

can you give me a rundown-gestalt of the Jehovah Witness Bible? Any other interesting tidbits? How were they able to nail Jesus to a log?

>translation

>not reading the Bible in Latin

nggghhh

watch dis

youtube.com/watch?v=EKS2e3-z2js

The cross did not become a primary Christian symbol until the 3rd century.

Yes it is. Have you seen the cuck translations most progressive churches use?

NRSV..

Thanks man!

I was just listening to the dialect on youtube. It's a bit disappointing how it sounds and that it is spoken by white people. When I read it, it sounded more like south african nigger speak, like this for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=G_8wLKy3-Sc

Maybe there is an EFF version of the bible? This would be the best thing in the world, unfortunately those monkeys are probably too lazy to translate even a childrens book.

KJV

crucified means being put on a stake, not a cross, a cross wouldnt even work for killing a person, theyd just hang there until they died of thirst, may as well peg em to the ground.

the arms being pin above their heads is what causes the slow asphxyation, it takes about a day but they struggle for breathe and eventually die

douay rheims

KJV for me.
Here's a faithpill I'm dropping

>he doesn't realize latin is also a translation from the hebrew/greek manuscripts

French

He was speared in his side. Often they had their legs broken.

Now if you're a full blown illuminati alex jones type - look up the Spear of Destiny. Napoleon and Hitler won all their wars until they lost it, or sumn silly like that.

>The 1560 Geneva Bible

Bretty good taste for an obese American.

ia800800.us.archive.org/19/items/TheGenevaBible1560/geneva_bible1560.pdf

King James

Hardly any churches still use it. Because most churches are completely cucked. Even the based OCP and PCA don't use it anymore. But KJV is the only real bible unless you are too stupid to understand the old timey words and grammar.

If you cannot see the blatent sun god worship that is prevalent today in Christianity, you should take another look. Don't take my word for it, find it for yourself.

Why would they change it from an upright pillar to a cross? Which has always been a symbol of sun worship. An example of this is the Egyptian ankh.

How about when Christians end their prayers with "amen". The name of the sun god Amen Ra.

KJV if you speak Shakespeare's English.
NASB is you speak American English.
The Message if you're retarded.

But seriously, if you're thinking about the meaning of a passage, reading several will get you all the ways it has been translated. Besides being able to read the Greek that's as good as you get.

>KJV for me.
>Here's a faithpill I'm dropping

1609 douay rheims predates the KJV and is based on the Latin Vulgate.

Protestantism is a lie.

Literally the only people who believe this are Jehovah Witnesses.

challoner's revision of the douay rheims (the most widely used today) borrows from the KJV though

papists BTFO

i heared that, they didnt lose it, they took it to antartica, i think whatever land its on, the homeland cant be beaten or something

Amen is Hebrew - meaning so be it.

The Upright plank was for the body and for nailing the feet. The horizontal plank was for nailing the hands (or wrists).

Oh look the Jehova witness has 2 proxies

>implying

translation from Latin is degenerate

all roman scholars will tell you the same thing, jehovahs witnessings suit their beliefs around what the bible says, not the other way around, like most other faiths, do some research you damn pleb

>challoner's revision of the douay rheims (the most widely used today) borrows from the KJV though
>papists BTFO

LOL

So the 'papists' were the first to translate the bible into English.

The KJV copies entire tracts of it.

Protestantism is a lie. Satans most wicked attack on the church founded by Our Lord.

translators "interpretations"

KINGJAMESVIRGIN@

Henry VIII a murderous looting thieving criminal compatible to mohammad in his capacity for murder is the 'god' of protestants and their founder.

The faithpill is the image I posted. Don't turn this into papacy vs proddie war, Satan.

>Who is Martin Luther
>Who is Jan Hus

>Hawaiian Pidgin
Leaf knows the true gospel and your version ought never lord over that which I am for I am the lord and I ought remake anew unto the children of israel for the holocaust of a sweet savour

>Latin
Bible was written in Greek and Hebrew, apostate.

>So the 'papists' were the first to translate the bible into English.
wycliffe's was the first, and wycliffe didn't like you guys

And Aramaic

please stop with the KJV meme. it doesn't even contain all the books of the bible. the most authentic english translation is the douay rheims. it is a translation of the Latin vulgate, which is likely the most accurate bible ever created. The Latin vulgate is based on the work of St. Jerome who conducted the translation into Latin from the earliest Greek and hebrew versions, and having been done so early in history (4th century) it is no doubt the most accurate translation.

You're a fucking idiot.

The Jehovahs Witnesses deny that Jesus was resurrected you dumbfuck, and they deny Jesus is God.

Literally kill yourself before your shit tier advice drags gullible people to Hell with you.

You disgusting piece of garbage.

>>Who is Martin Luther
>>Who is Jan Hus

Who founded Anglicanism from which the KJV which plagiarized the earlier 'papist' douay rheims translation?

Henry the 8th. Who's descendant in service of the cult Henry the 8th created brought forth the KJV.

douay rheims is the bible in english. None other.

>please stop with the KJV meme. it doesn't even contain all the books of the bible. the most authentic english translation is the douay rheims. it is a translation of the Latin vulgate, which is likely the most accurate bible ever created. The Latin vulgate is based on the work of St. Jerome who conducted the translation into Latin from the earliest Greek and hebrew versions, and having been done so early in history (4th century) it is no doubt the most accurate translation.

This

I do like the KJV, I've read through it several times. Admittedly that's the only one I've ever read. I've read bits and pieces of more contemporary translations, and I feel that they're painfully sterile when compared to the poetic beauty of the KJV.

I've given thought to seeking out an old-school Catholic or Orthodox bible to see how it compares, but I'm not sure where to begin to be honest. Anyways, best of luck.

>I've given thought to seeking out an old-school Catholic or Orthodox bible to see how it compares, but I'm not sure where to begin to be honest. Anyways, best of luck.

douay rheims

yes, and that Latin vulgate is the most accurate because it was the earliest translation of the Greek and Hebrew, which means it is the closest to the actual intent of the original text. it is more accurate than the Hebrew and Greek because it is too easy for us to mistranslate the Hebrew and Greek now.

>douay rheims
Welp, I guess that answers my question. I may have to find a copy.

> it doesn't even contain all the books of the bible
you can get the KJV with the uninspired books you catholics like so much

Thanks man.

i own this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Scriptures_Bethel_Edition

Any Jewish bible

KJV is the best, the modern translations have some serious changes that seem minor but which undermine the message. For example in the new living translatio. They basically switch Jesus and Lucifer by calling the former the capstone. They have been corrupted but the word is preserved through the KJV.

youtu.be/FAgDXZfOfx0

Watch this if you want to learn more.

The Ryrie New King James Study Bible.

Take the majesty of the King James, with slightly updated phrasing in previously problematic passages, add excellent commentary, cross-referencing and maps...you've got an amazing Bible. Can't recommend it enough.

Catholic cult morons.

The 1611 version actually contains more books than the cathcuck Bible.

None were ever considered canon so they were removed to save on cost. You can still buy a KJV with all 14 books of the Apocrypha, or buy it seperate.

You cathcucks have a Bible that has the 10 commandments altered among many alterations, and entire verses removed.

GTFO ignorant greaser.
Your Catholic Bible only contains 7 of those 14 books, because reasons, you piece of shit.

KJV

But there are other translations if your retarded ass cannot read old English

Vetus Latina

How protestants are cursed

" For I testify to every one that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add to these things, God shall add unto him the plagues written in this book. 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from these things that are written in this book. 20 He that giveth testimony of these things, saith: Surely, I come quickly: Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. "