Why are so many millennials financially illiterate?

Why are so many millennials financially illiterate?
It's literally free money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jfZU3ckGi4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THOSE STUPID GOYIM NEED TO GET CREDIT CARDS AND ACQUIRE DEBT

credit cards are Jew cards. real men pay cash

Debit cards > Credit cards

>spending with the plastic jew

No thanks, Schlomo

this is a good thing. bring it down.

Paying with a credit card makes it easier to avoid losses from fraud. When your debit card is used fraudulently, the money is missing from your account instantly. Legitimate payments for which you've scheduled online payments or mailed checks may bounce, triggering insufficient funds fees and making your creditors unhappy. Late payments can also lower your credit score. It can take a while for the fraudulent transactions to be reversed and the money restored to your account while the bank investigates.

Credit cards are 100% goy approved. Enjoy your debt

>free
((((((Money))))))

>Reply
>Have one credit card with 3% cashback on groceries and gas
>Have another thats 2% on everything else.

Literally like getting a 2.3% raise on my salary, and I force Jew business owners to pay credit card fees. How is it not a win win?

Credit cards should only be used to build your credit score which of course helps with a wide variety of things from as small as getting a damn fucking cell phone to getting a place to rent to getting a house at a decent price and etc etc etc.

(((They))) pushed credit too hard on the Baby Boomers.

Literally every child in the last 25 years grew up watching their parents in debt.

You're stupid.
>get money back for every purchase with credit card plus extra rewards
>meanwhile, money sits in bank, accumulating.
>bank pays out monthly interest on savings
>pay credit card bill the next day for maximum gains
It's like I'm only spending 95ยข for every $1 I spend.

Idiots, everybody.

Somebody who knows what they're talking about.

Meme responses.

This

>Accept our plastic, goyim! Use this shiny shekel-card to purchase extravagant goods! You can afford it! What's that? You don't have the income for that new, expensive toy? NONSENSE GOY, I WILL LOAN IT TO YOU AT ONE PERCENT ABOVE PRIME! Good goy... good goy... spend the imaginary plastic shekels...

That's why you pay attention to your account and bank with a good company. They will just hand you the money back for any dispute and reset all your cards and numbers

>pay credit card bill the next day for maximum gains
It doesn't start accumulating interest for 30 days you only need to pay the balance in full once a month

You know there are ID's on the board right? You might want to go through those posts again.

Hey bro what do you keep looking at on your phone?
Oh I check my bank account balance every 20 minutes to make sure I didn't get all my shit taken.

Because well all fall for the whole "you gotta go to college to matter in this life." but the problem is most of us have no clue what to major in. Then when we do it's in some shitty little "transexual blue whale studies" degree. So we pretty much pack up a shit ton of debt for a degree that will get us a job at fucking target.

Your first post was retarded. Credit cards are in no way free money. It doesn't change the second thing you said from being a valid point.

Right on the money

>falling for the credit jew
>yes good goy, take this (((free))) money hehehe

I don't know anyone who owns a credit card.

Why do Americans do this?

I have never owned a credit card.

Post your credit reports if you can, credit cucks

>paying money to have money

ok

>credit cards cost money

Because they can't help but swallow the Jewish bait.

Swedefriend, don't you have some rapes to prevent?

Or a bull to prep?

I mean, depending on your side of the whole "Dying nation" thing going on over there?

Uh... yea? There are a ton that have fees

>everyone I know who owns a credit card is in massive debt and always spends their money on stupid shit
>everyone with no credit card that I know are happy, smart and aren't in debt

Thanks OP, really made me think.

This is just because of the increase of shitskins in the country who think its haram to use credit. (which I agree with.

and niggers who are so financially poor they cant get credit cards.

>credit cards are free
they aren't

Haven't paid a single cent in fees or interest.

Some are.
Inb4 mah privacy.

>i first need to accrue debt so I can get a good credit score so I can borrow money to buy a car

Only in America

>be Boomer
>grow up in best economy in history
>benefit from programs and entitlements and leave the bill to future generations
>still fuck up your own shit with debt and still spout the "just work hard and walk in and shake the manager's hand and tell him you want a job and you'll get it" meme

god damn these pussies are beyond satire.

where's the picture of the woman that usually comes with these threads?

>Finances boat @ 3.9%

Yeah no shit, it's called secured debt.

who do you have?

What website to find out??

>630 because my Mom racked up debt in my name by stealing my identity and I could only prove fraud on about 2/3rds of it

at least she died fat as fuck and basically demented and alone

Amex, Discover, Visa, and Mastercard.

>Signing up with 10 diff CC companies that offer $100 bonus
>Free air flight mileage or 2-5% cash back for every dollar spent = Win

>using fiat currency
Go to bed grampa

specifically though

Never forget:

In every transaction, someone loses and someone profits.

The creditor (Credit Card Company) only profits if you (The debtor) lose. You can be the exception to this rule by manipulating their incentives and hedging the bets, by leveraging their systems against them for marginals.

But in the end of the day, the house wins. If you think credit card companies are so powerful, successful, profitable and continue to exist because "Everyone is just gaming them", you're a fucking potato.

You can out jew the jew. That's true.
But 99% of people fail to do so and become slaves to the plastic jew, financially.

Why bother? Use cash. Buy what you can afford. Own what you own. Fuck the creditors, the entire propped up system based on financially keeping everyone at the same mediocre lower-class and tethered to the Jew.

What specific card are you on. Those companies have a lot of different rewards programs.

>I think anecdotal evidence is an argument
Australia, everyone

>Falling for the credit card Jew

Yes goyim! Spend as much money as you want, and pay it back in your own time, at a reasonable 25% APR!

I tried getting one when I first started college but no one would accept me because I have zero credit. In high school they warned us that credit card reps are crawling on campuses and just hand them out because kids are dumb and don't pay them

>Being this Jewish

Amex Bluecash, Discover it, Citi Doublecash

vredit cards are scams, only get one if you absolutely need one.

only an idiot needlessly spends more than he makes.

Do you want refugees?
This is how you get refugees

Even if you buy into the credit card meme you would know its financial suicide to have that many credit cards. Too many lower your score.

Optimal number is 2.

>using credit cards

Fuck you, you fucking Jew. Always pay in cash.

lol wut??

youtube.com/watch?v=jfZU3ckGi4Q

>Spending money that has never been available to you
>economy is $19 trillion in debt
America, everyone.

Boats are shitty collateral for a loan.

>I think painting everyone with one brush is also an argument

that's something a nigger would say

Wait is this for fucking real? I have good credit, so I get spammed by credit card offers all the time.

>I think painting everyone with one brush is also an argument
>he doesn't remember saying "Australia, everyone"

>I think ad hominem is an argument
How long ago did you move here from Australia?

to be fair, all you Australians are retarded so it's a fair thing to do

This, the kids of the last few generations have seen the havoc it wrought on financial stability and many will never, ever touch one as a result.
Apartment landlords and car dealerships have even had to start new ways of checking reliability other than just hitting up a credit score site because like two thirds of young to mid thirties have never once used a credit card and therefore have no credit score to check.
This is also a good thing since credit scores are easily inflated upward like buying a candy bar once a month and paying it off to massively push it up, making your credit score an incredibly poor indicator of credit responsibility.

Just go debit and don't purchase beyond your means.

Wall Street bro here. Credit cards aren't inherently evil. You need to be cognizant of the time value of your spending.
I.e. do you need to pay for a new shirt today? Will you pay it off on your next billing cycle before interest? What is it going to get you: maybe your new shirt will get you laid as a part of your overall image or Land you a new job.
Either way, 8-24% is insane and a great way for banks to rape you long terms, it's an insane amount. It bakes in assumptions of other debt slaves not paying, you paying on time (based on the credit score), and the bank turning a profit after all is said and done.
Ultimately, don't get a credit card and be dumb. Be frugal. Get a card and put your subscriptions on it, i.e. amazon prime.
Pay it off each month
Run it up ONLY if it's truly worth it. Debt slavery is a way to drive you into a hole, make you reliant on your current job, and make you a functional cog. Ultimately it crushes individuality and freedom and is useful for the banks to profit off of you, but understand that it's created only with the monetary gain in mind, it's not a grand conspiracy unless you're retarded and don't understand the concept of lending money

Not many reason not to own 1 as an adult. Just use it a couple of times for small purchases, pay it off, nothing happens. Get good score.

For reasons as to not own one, here it is
You're giving away info. If you have a cellphone, use google and all that shit like most of Sup Forums does, then you're already fucked anyways, so you don't have much of an excuse.

It's kind of hard to pay off credit card debt if you don't have a job...

this guy knows what's up

if you can't attain and maintain leverage over someone, you're going to get fucked over.

Every time you open or close a line of credit you take ~points off your credit score. Open too many at once at get fucked.

This. While credit cards may be good if you are able to control your spending, they will fuck you over if you overspend. Many people don't have the self control to spend safely, so for them it's wise to avoid them

It's getting there

It was "Poor" when I started in June

>cash rewards card
>buy everything credit
>pay it off every month
simple

>your savings being subsidized by suckers paying cash
priceless

stay mad irresponsible cucks

Giving away info is pretty much inevitable unless you literally use cash for everything.

At some level it was a tool to control you, another extension of the usury the jews engage in. Your retarded 'banker' at chase doesn't see it as thst. To them it's a $50 one time credit and to you it's a line of liquidity. Do don't be a heauxmeaux. Get one and take advantage, but stop making it a grand conspiracy. Understand the evil globalists and jews and their endgame and exploit it. Leverage their control, you don't win against a rigged game by not using its retardation.

Well yeah, that's the other thing that came. Aren't millennials increasingly all living with mom and dad into their 30s because no work? Don't really actually need one if you're basically living off Good Boy Points.

>tfw not 800+ master race