Which Christian Church is the true Church of Christ: Catholic or Orthodox?

While I am a Rome Catholic myself, I find many features of Eastern Orthodoxy attractive, such as their teachings on divorce and contraception, married priests, and the beauty and purity of their liturgical worship. (I love it how groom and bride get to be crowned at the wedding ceremony, for example.)

Which is most faithful to Jesus Christ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheran_Church_of_Australia
youtube.com/watch?v=oCQh04hhSoY
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
sothl.com/2014/09/06/prayers-for-the-dead-a-scriptural-and-lutheran-worldview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neither. They're both layered in roughly 1500 years of heretical and pagan theology.

The true church is found in true and faithful believers, not in dogmatic political organizations.

fpbp

Orthodox currently. If the current pope wasn't Satan's spawn they would be equal.

Orthodox allow divorce and "remarriage" up to three times.

Matthew 5:32
But I say to you, that whosoever shall put away his wife, excepting for the cause of fornication, maketh her to commit adultery: and he that shall marry her that is put away, committeth adultery.

Francis is attempting to trivialize bigamy/public adultery. He can't literally do so, but he can alter the pastoral practice which in practice, alters doctrine in the minds of the faithful.

Francis is leaving the Church in doctrine if he hasn't, personally, already.

But, the Church and the Faith doesn't hang on the whims and unfaithfulness of the pope.

Catholicism because papal supremacy was present in Nicene, and earlier, Church.

Many of the features you think are unique to Orthodoxy - married priests, "beauty and purity" are Eastern, not Orthodox, and can be found in Eastern Catholic Churches too.

Lutheran Church of Australia!

Read the article. Good stuff. Especially their denial of human rights being a thing.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheran_Church_of_Australia

None. Every organized religion is corrupt.

Neither. The good religious will tell you that the book is all you need

>Which Christian Church is the true Church of Christ: Catholic or Orthodox?

The true Christian Church died in 638 when Christian Levants got conquered by Muslims.

Nice. Just like those Jews with their Oral teachings from the shitmud

>orthodox
Ever been in a majority orthodox plot of land? If the Abrahamic God was real, he'd strike em down like ol' Sodom and Gommorrah.

>the Pope is a spawn of Satan
Tbh, the Pope is the most Christian Pope ever. I have been pointing this out for years: Christianity is the broodmother of liberalism and communism.
The meek shall inherit the world? There is no jew or Greek, we are all one in Christ? Absolute morality and clear lines of good and evil?
Ringing a bell? It's similar to Marx's nonsense of the poor menial worker stealing from the rich, breaking down any barrier in society, and how the capitalist is always evil and the worker always good.

Protestantism, particularly Anglican, Baptist or Methodist, are the only churches that follow the word of Christ.

Both Catholics and Orthodoxy worship men in place of God, both horde wealth and both aren't run by the community. They've turn religion into a government.

t.hamid

This

Besides, if there is a God, who are the men who think they can know his will?
Half the Bible has been told from a third source, and after at least 5-6 translations and political interpretations (don't forget, the church was a political body, which enjoyed things like sending European kinds on a crusade, just to sell them to African slavers to earn money)
The Bible is false, as any other scripture when it comes to telling God's truth.
But all in all, protestantism (aside maybe the Anglican church, due to it being founded upon silly reasons, unlike Lutheranism) and Judaism, are the only okayish religions

Catholic but Orthodox is okay and leagues better than any Protestant sect.

This Orthodox priest gives a pretty harsh critique of the Roman Catholic Church. Definitely worth watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=oCQh04hhSoY

>Anglican
>founded so fat guy could get divorced
>rule of the church is nepotistic
>is a correct religion

On a side note, all monarchies must end, weather through peaceful or violent means.

>accuses someone of being some Bosnian muslim
>is probably the lovechild of a Bosnian villager turned construction worker

Oh, and if you're a Protestant or non-Christian, you can fuck off.

But why this happen?

Even before then, none believed in the five solaes

But why protestant contradixt early Christian?

FPBP

I love Australia so much now

Too bad protestants contradict the early Christians

Deal with it

the true church of christ is [spoiler]in your heart[/spoiler]

But why did this man say otherwise?

because they want you're shekels

He was about to be executed when he wrote that. Why the fuck does he need the shekels

his bros need the shekels

CHURCH
OF
ENGLAND

Amish

>female bishops
No

Can Protestants answer this? protip; you can't

>the early Christians who suffered disagree with me
>so they are all jews money lovers

See: Trips of Truth.

muh medjugorje

Of course they can't. Take a look at this

i didn't read that much but if you say there's a clergy who the sheeple need to follow then you're trying to bust the people right in their nads.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

Maybe some people think that the apostles have more authority than the Church fathers since they were around Jesus more and heard sermons that weren't recorded in the gospel

So the Apostles also said this

Thanks dude. you're always here posting these screenshots disproving proddies; I admire your zeal. God bless you.

honestly this

Primitive Baptist you fucking heathen.

Too bad the early Christians deny the five solaes

Why does the man in the left wears a hijab ?
Why does the man in the right wears a kippa ?

CHRISTIANITY
IS
SHIT

I like the part where they cannot even refute a single one of them

But what if good works are supposed to be a natural outcome of being saved instead of being need to be saved? What if good works are a result and not a cause of salvation?

Honestly early Christians deny five solaes

Except paul didn't say it is the case. If he meant that he wouldn't ask you to do those works to begin with but say God makes you do them

I don't understand what they prayed to them for. No offense to your theology, but what is a dead person supposed to do? How do we know God even allows the elect to know what's happening on earth after they have passed?

Mormons are the only ones with a complete understanding of the purpose of life.

Don't ask me. Ask the early Christians

>What if good works are a result and not a cause of salvation?

The opposite is the primary basis behind Islamic doctrine, user.

Prayer for dead? Lutherans love that

What the Lutheran Confessions Say
According to our Lutheran Confessions, the above worldview has a proper understanding of events after death, but arrives at a faulty conclusion. For our Confessions state that praying for those who have died in the faith (usually called “the dead”) is not useless, that is, that such prayers are useful (Apology to the Augsburg Confession 24, para 96). Thus, to our Lutheran fathers, praying for the dead was not only scriptural, but something useful to do!
What our Confessions don’t tell us is why praying for those who have died in the faith is something useful. Thus, for us today, we need to investigate and see how and why our Lutheran fathers held such a worldview.

sothl.com/2014/09/06/prayers-for-the-dead-a-scriptural-and-lutheran-worldview/

Neither. Arius was right all along.

>How do we know God even allows the elect to know what's happening on earth after they have passed?

Nature of eternity, perhaps.

By analogy to Islam;

Prophet Mohammed explicitly taught that deceased ones remain dead on every level till the day of Judgement and that to those who awake it would seem that practically no time elapsed inbetween. And yet Mohammed still visited graves.

The sad thing is Liberal Christianity actually believes this. The don't even accept the Nicene creed which was formulated before any major schism formed in the Church. Truly they are heretics. They aren't even Christians at this point.

Mormons are not Christians. They aren't schismatics, they aren't heretics, they are not Christians at all. They are like Muslims. They add a whole new layer with a new prophet and everything

>the don't
They don't

Speaking of the whole Catholicism-Evangelicalism-Orthodoxy split, what would you protestants recommend to a potential Catholicism-to-Evangelicalism convert as a start of path?

I've been raised as a Catholic and saw no fault in it, but in recent years I came to a conclusion that as Polish Catholics we stray farther and farther from Christianity as a whole, what with shift from faith to embracing grand works that one can freely exhibit as a token of our presumed 'superiority' among Christians.
I don't want to be a part of this anymore, but I don't know where to start.

I don't really know how to respond to this because it's a difference in theology, not really in action. It also depends on what you mean by good works. If you're talking about what the priest tells you to do at the confessional, most protestant churches don't have that. Some do, most don't. But just in everyday life, I don't think there's really any difference. I've never been a Catholic so I wouldn't know.

Looks like someone ignores the early christians

If you turn proddie, you are stupid

Just ask this guy

Polish National Catholic Church is a good place to start

Do you just get these ebooks for free? How do you have access to so many?

Because I am cool

Knowledge of Catholicism wouldn't help much, as Catholics from other countries who know how the things are over here claim, that we have strayed from them as well.

>It also depends on what you mean by good works.

"Good works" over here have been reduced (as confessions are regarded as sin-be-gone checkpoints at this point) to visual manifestations of piousness and gestures associated with such a display. When younger generation began making fun of John Paul II, the pious Poles urged that faith requires such acts to be punished as crime.

Sola fide contradicts the early Christians

I think what he's saying is that over there good works are for show and that normally a person's heart isn't in it. I might be wrong, though. It's still a problem.

>early Christians

Early Christianity was a period where new doctrines emerged often and only later there would have been an effort to structure them properly.

Muslims had experienced similar period, only they fell prey to embracing almost anything as a credible doctrine, leading to Islam becoming even a greater cancer.

Are you stupid or something? They are present there because those eastern catholic churches are nothing more than orthodox churches that have been politically forced to submit to the pope, while keeping their religious orthodox doctrine unaltered.
Yea, it's not like you have been told that by a false prophet, the one you have been warned not to follow .
>both aren't run by the community.
But i though you were supposed to be run by the bible....
By catholics? Are you kidding? They didn't even exist at that time, it has been done by Orthodox people from orthodox land working in othodox holy cities.
Of course he held it in high regard, it was the bishop of a great city.Not as great as Constantinople or Alexandria, or even Antioch, but large enough.

Gnosticism was certainly a problem, and I'm glad it's gone.

This is pol not rel go fuck yourself christfag

why do you people fight over something that is so clearly unimportant? why not focus your attention and effort towards making the world a better place rather than who's religion is """"correct"""

Melakite Catholic. its former Orthodox who kept all Orthodox traditions, yet are in communion with Rome.

Don't do it user. Catholicism is the one true Church established by Christ. When you see brokenness, do not reject the faith due to scandal from the evil of men. St. Francis saw corruption in the Church same as Luther did. He managed to affect great change without fracturing all of Europe. Trust always in God. If you must still consider apostasy, then for the love of all the angels and saints in heaven make sure to actually do research and not just do it for surface aesthetics or feel good vibes. The decision determines how you will spend eternity.

Go in peace brother.

Uh oh... salty turkodox getting triggered again. You schizantines chose your fate when you rejected the council of florence bc of the autistic rambling of one bishop who had been bribed by the sultan.

C R Y M O R E
R
Y
M
O
R
E

>Inbred Baptist hick detected
Without the Catholic Church or Eastern Orthodox Church you would be worshipping Mohammed faggot.

Catholic has continuity since the apostles

Yes, lets all bow to Mammon to give us more wealth and earthly power, who cares about tradition and humility anyway?
Well since the catholich church has been invented by a greedy bishop of Rome in the 9th century we can safely say that your wrong.

Catholicism is truest to Christ because it is the Church as founded by our Lord Himself. The fullness of the truth is held by her alone.

Faith is more than aesthetics or being 'based'. You'll find all kinds of people within the flock; from sjw to alt right, saint to sinner, the whole range. There are some eastern traditions that are quite nice but Eastern Catholics have much the same. Many of the differences are the ones born from unique rites more than anything else.

As for divorce and contraception, that varies from church to church from what I've heard (regarding orthos) but Catholicism has the most faithful and morally upstanding position on both. Married priests are another difference of rite and Eastern Catholics can have married priests. That is a discipline, not a dogma. It could even be adopted in Roman Catholicism though I certainly hope it won't be.

You wicked leaf. You will be cast into the fire with the rest when the righteous are seperated from the unclean on the day of the rake. Repent and be saved, for we shall know joy in the company of the faithful

>Catholic has continuity since the apostles

So does Eastern Orthodoxy.

Nice strawman m8. Though I suppose I can't blame you. Any line of reasoning that can't be waved off as some kind of mystery sure is tough for you guys.

Your bishops mended the schism with the council of florence. Mark of ephesus was a sperg who wanted his patriarchal see and made a deal with the sultan to get it in return for selling out his own church. But again, hardly something I can blame you for, seeing as it fits in so nicely with your special fondness for Caesaro-papism.

Pic related. Orthodox theology in a nutshell.

the true path is gnosis, fools

>church christianity

throw it in le garbage

Apostolic succession only tells us that schizantines are better than prots. Schismatics do still have valid priesthood and this without a doubt makes them far superior to outright heretics. However, don't for one second fall for the meme that this makes them ok. The true Catholic, Apostolic and Orthodox Church as founded by Christ and spread by virtue of the blood of martyrs is the Roman Catholic Church.

Well memed, fellow comedy man

>council of florence
The same thing in which the pope tried to keep his primacy over the secular leaders and failed miserably with only a pitiful onanic declaration that no one took serious??
The same council in which the orthodox declaration told the catholics to shove their demonic ideas in their rear?? The same one in which you pledge assistance in the fight against the turks yet tried to steal orthodox possessions??

If you mean his absolutely legitimate authority over the other patriarchs then yeah he wouldn't just waive what God Himself had instituted. As for primacy over secular leaders... it was an ecumenical council. It was really quite focused on bringing you lot back into the fold. Actually, everyone but mark was on board ya dip. Nice try though.
Lmao, Catholics were present at the siege of Constantinople fighting alongside you in spite of your refusal to repent.
You may have gotten your timeline a little mixed up there m8.

Anyways, I've got mass now so just in case the thread dies, I'd like to reach out now in the lenten spirit and say that despite my vitriol, my disagreement lies not with you as an individual, and I pray that God blesses you and grants you peace in this life and in the next. I will pray for you today user, and I would be honoured if you could spare a prayer for me, a wretched sinner. God bless you, carry the gospel into the world, and may the Holy Spirit dwell in you and act through you. May we meet often in prayer.