British University Bans All "Politically Incorrect" Words for Lecturers

zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-04/british-university-bans-all-politically-incorrect-words-heres-list

>Cardiff Metropolitan University is at the forefront of political correctness sensitivity. The University Bans Lecturers from Using any Sexist or Insensitive Words. The list of banned words is wider than you might think. Here are some examples: mankind, homosexual, housewife, manmade, and sportsmanship.

>The article also states that you should try to avoid words like “mother” and “father” unless you can say “mother and father” together.

>According to the guide, Mrs. and Miss are considered offensive. Clearly, it’s best to avoid gender-identifying terms altogether.

What are some of the other triggering words which you would like to see banned from schools, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRjAlUbTXYY
youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4
youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA
youtube.com/watch?v=E8z1YE-QDo4
activist-news.com/uk-anti-semitism-laws-will-block-criticism-israel/
newobserveronline.com/uk-awards-barred-white-movies/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4098332/They-Kant-PC-students-demand-white-philosophers-including-Plato-Descartes-dropped-university-syllabus.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uFGAt_xcplw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fake news? If not, nice 1984, faggots.

>"Womanlike" replaced by "efficient"
What jokesters

>man-made
>banned term

Jesus you people are lost

Workmanlike, they literally just want to ban defining between sexes

Jesus Christ on a bike
I thought i was a fascist, at least I don't keep a list of words that no one must say

Well at least we know France is immune from this bullshit or else they'd have to dismantle their entire language

>polio victim
?

Polio doesn't even exist these days and why is victim offensive?

When will these (((people))) stop?

supporting islam and female enslavement more each day

OP is a same-sex cancer victim

Kek, I didn't know that the word victim was bad. I thought victim more acuratley described their position, oh wait...

>Housewife -> consumer

>Mankind replaced with humanity
>humanity still has 'man' in it

I don't get it.

>housewife
>consumer
At least they're honest about something for once

>housewife
>consumer

It's all true. It's for lectures, so those words will be banned from lecturers and the curriculum, and they'll probably encourage students to stop using them.

Soon they'll try to spread this to every single school. All this shit like "white privilege" "trigger warnings", etc. always starts in a few schools before it spreads everywhere.

I'd say
>wales
but I know this shit will happen everywhere soon

Yep, sounds like a university.

>youtube.com/watch?v=WRjAlUbTXYY

>Human
>hu
>man

why is this allowed? we need to ban this word too!!!

They are actually trying but it looks like shit

'consumer'
this is just insulting, you are not even a male or female you just consume.

>homosexual banned
>use same-sex instead

A university, a fucking UNIVERISTY, banned the word homosexual because they think it is a gendered term. They think "homo" means "man" when it means "same"....as in homophone and homonym. An institution whose only function is to educate people doesn't even know basic etymology.

Don't worry, they'll think of something.

Thank God every word in Russian has a gender so this bullshit will never come here.

Is 'homosexual' homophobic now too?

tfw western femnazis are going to find out

Who knew Malki was a racist

>They think "homo" means "man" when it means "same"
"homo" LITTERALLY means "man" fucking Ahmed.
the word "homosexual" is used also for women improperly if we look at the etymology.

My first thought on that was "what if they died?" The only time you're going to talk about polio in a university lecture is when you're talking about it killing people (in which case they can't be survivors.)

Homo literally means same
>homophonic
>homonym

That explains why homophobes are usually described as closeted faggots

That's bastardised Latin, it is used as a buzzword

>homosexual

>Term invented by a sodomite in 19th century to normalize sodomy.

>Now deemed politically incorrect.

Shiggydiggy kill everyone

N E W S P E A K
E
w

S
P
E
A
K

ORWELL WAS RIGHT

man
wo-man

It's the same word, and man is obviously the generic that refers to both. This thought policing is getting out of control.

Not to mention, as an English major, none of these words mean the same thing, and some are even drastically different such as housewife to consumer.

As a good citizen I always try my best to fight this type of bollocks. As a manager of staff I have always approached the workplace with a casual sex pest type manner. I continue this work in social activities, frequently flirting with barmaids in a happy go lucky sexual harassment kind of way.

You can not kill cultures without attacking language.

>huMANity

I imagine things only to get worse in the future.

This double plus good!

in serbian they push that words that only have male gender have female gender too(and other way around).Not as pathetic as OP, but they'll try the same shit with you, believe me.

Same here sweetheart

kek

Islamic slavers are running free and collaborating with commie slavers.

But my pagan ritual was heard - we have powerful ally. Stock on popcorn and armor your door.

How are they supposed to "ban" it?
I doubt this has any legal grounds.

>sportsmanship
>fairness
Only a woman would think these are synonymous

>house wife
>consumer
wtf thats even worse, house wife is a noble job

What happens if a polio victim dies?

Dont you fucking mansplain on me, you white male.

You don't have to agree, but everybody who does not even understand why other people think this is a good idea, didn't think very hard about the problem themselves.

axaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa
no but seriously, there's no way this will become widespread, is there?

There is a reason language evolved like this.
Enjoy chaos.

> tfw your language is genderless
You have a long way to come.

I already used most of the approved terms, but that just makes me want to put "man" into everything it could possibly put it into.

Can Sup Forums drop me a small redpill on what banning these words actually achieves?

I'm totally confused.

I think I "get" the "-man" words.
But what is bad about being a "victim"?

"deceased polio survivor"

>MANkind
not ok

>huMANity
ok

>huMAN
ok

baby steps i guess

>small redpill
Fuck off lazyanon
Go to your library and read 1984
Don't come back until you do

It achieves killing the sentient species gone fucked in the head.

Stay sane.

foremothers actually sounds sorta neat
chairwoman has a ring to it
sportswomanship sounds atrocious, though

>Afrikaans
>native speakers before year 0

hupeopleity
>tfw your language preemptively has no concept of gender, thus no breeding ground for this

>consumers are not the breadwinners of households because they stay at home and don't have jobs
>humanity has a knack of starting wars
>Adam is usually a forename
>I hate these same-sexes
>we need to show more fairness when we play soccer
Why does anyone right of center stay in Canada?

Even for the ones that make sense like "firefighters", they could just give an alternate spelling instead of banning the fucking words.

Also the second meaning of the word "man" as in "mankind" doesn't necessarily mean "male".

This shit is just pointless cultural marxism, and it's amazing that people still don't see it.

The globalists want to turn us into sexless, genderless, raceless, borderless, cultureless slaves (they even brand "housewives" (i.e. women who raise children and stay at home, like they should) as bland "consumers". It's fucking disgusting.

Keep up the good work my man, Orwell was Our guy, let none forget it.

The theory is that language affects attitudes and expectations. There's an experiment done at universities where students where asked to name an actor („Schauspieler“ in german, which is male and the usually used word for this). The result was that mostly male actors were named. I don't know myself how fair that is, but it's good to illustrate the idea.

What's your argument?

>cardiff met
have literally never heard of it

I can't wait to die, Diversity is cancer

People have been using these words for years though. I don't see how this is going to put us into a dystopian world where we have cameras up our arses.

welcome to the brave new world

Russian has a tendency of quickly cleaning itself up from artificial and unnatural-sounding words. For example, "Tovarisch" originally had both male (Toвapищ) and female (Toвapкa) genders. The second one has died out so quickly most Russians today won't even believe it ever existed in the first place.
It hurts their feefees and reminds them of reality. Who wants to have a "retarded" kid when you can have a "special" one? It's the same logic here.
Aren't they alredy trying to replace human with person?
Oh wai-
>perSON
How misoginistic!

(they) are controlling the discourse by controlling the vocabulary.

A good watch if you want to be more aware in how others are manipulating the world view of you and those around you.
youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4
and a clip from the same video if you can't be assed to watch it all
youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA

there's another video called the Subversion Factor which goes even deeper into the spread of communism/marxism within the US government. and it only uses known proven case files to make it's point

this is a 2 parter, so it's 2 in one (1 hour episodes), but you can find plenty of clips.
youtube.com/watch?v=E8z1YE-QDo4

Have you ever wondered why the big corporations are on board with the sjw bullshit?

Year 0 - ?

>Fake news?
Definitely not: you must be a bit naive to have assumed this, because it's happening all the time.

For a second there I thought the alternatives were on the right side.

>firefighters
But isn't that easier than saying firemen and firewomen?

>Also the second meaning of the word "man" as in "mankind" doesn't necessarily mean "male".
I know, but people will point out that this can kind of alienate girls when they see the word 'man' and 'men', hence not giving them confidence.

>that feel when "free western world" is more totalitarian than your "autocratic shithole"
kek

God created the man and woman - something along those lines.

When did people forget that 'man' is also the term for humanity?

It's like saying 'lion' is banned because that's not the word used for the female.

Huwomanity you shitlord

Fuck me, this shit in the UK? I mean at least it's Wales so I have another thing to berate shep fuckers about but seriously what the fuck.

Also
>polio victim / polio survivor
the shit?

>I don't see how this is going to put us into a dystopian world where we have cameras up our arses.

Because now they're forcing it by outright banning words, and this shit will be spread everywhere, like it always does. You're just too young to realize how much freedom you've lost over the last decades. There's even a law against "antisemitism" and basically criticism of Israel in the UK now. Calling it a boiling frog, or death by a thousand cuts, but it's happening.

activist-news.com/uk-anti-semitism-laws-will-block-criticism-israel/

newobserveronline.com/uk-awards-barred-white-movies/

>British Academy Film Awards (Bafta)—the U.K.’s equivalent of the Oscars—will in future be denied to any British movie that only has heterosexual white actors.

>According to a Bafta statement, films will not be eligible for two of their main awards if they do not meet new “diversity criteria” to bring in “under-represented groups,” that is, anyone who is not white, male, or heterosexual.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4098332/They-Kant-PC-students-demand-white-philosophers-including-Plato-Descartes-dropped-university-syllabus.html
>Students at a University of London college are demanding that such seminal figures as Plato, Descartes, Immanuel Kant and Bertrand Russell should be largely dropped from the curriculum simply because they are white.

If you want to understand the true state of this nation, just take a look at one of the most popular and uncontroversial adverts on TV right now:

youtube.com/watch?v=uFGAt_xcplw

Russia should just invade now.

What's not PC about "homosexual"?

1) Do you want women to be equal to men?

2) If yes, it's a fact that women usually get paid less for the same job and that jobs typically done by women are worse paid. Why could that be?

>Still watching TV in UK 2017
good goy

It has taken on a derogatory meaning because people associate it with sodomy.

I know, crazy right? Like Same-sex is any better.

Pretty much every European language except for English. The other Germanic languages and Slavic languages have gendered words as well.

>Woman
"oh fuck, it has "man" in it! I know, we'll use female instead!"

>Female
>fe
>male

"FUCK!"

>homophobic
that's a same-sexphobic word I think you'll find

Yeah

Fuck the language.

>But isn't that easier than saying firemen and firewomen
I literally just said "for the ones that make sense". lrn2read.

>I know, but people will point out that this can kind of alienate girls when they see the word 'man' and 'men', hence not giving them confidence.

Which is a fucking retarded point. You can't turn the world into a grey blob just to avoid possibly alienating anyone. You have to draw the line, and we're way past the point where it makes any sort of logical sense. I'm sure some housewives are offended of being called "consumers", that someone is offended by being called an "average person" because they want to be a special snowflake. Everything is potentially "alienating" to someone, even the most minor things, which isn't a problem. If you're offended by the word "mankind", get thicker skin or you won't make it anywhere.

I don't think it has anything to do with being offended. The theory is that language shapes minds.

same here, slavic languages best languages

female empowerment if I had to guess
'rape victim' is synonymous with 'used goods' while 'rape survivor' is something they'd put in their resume along with 'social activist' and 'blogger'

Because you already do, bong