Thoughts on Sam Harris, Sup Forums?

Thoughts on Sam Harris, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nDrS7NZaoC8
youtube.com/watch?v=6j82R4ZMlIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretentious. Even without his political ideas.

According to private correspondence Harris' IQ has been professionally assessed as too high to quantify (over 200).
Sam could easily win a Nobel prize in physics, a fields medal in mathematics and become the world chess champion in his spare time.

Instead Sam has taken it upon himself to solve THE MOST important problem the human race has ever encountered. How to scientifically quantify goodness. Harris is in the process of using science to finally resolve all moral philosophy, not even Plato, Jesus or Kant could accomplish this.
Sam is bringing a paradigm shift of rationality to the political realm, his works will be studied for as long as humanity continues to exist, an existence largely owing to Harris' accomplishments.

Frankly I am just happy to be alive to witness such an intellectual colossus.

How the fuck does cernovich trigger these leftist so easily. I learned who he was through reading leftist tweets whining about him. Dude has a gift for upsetting the leftist boys.

what a kike

He's intellectually vain, and his relevance and ability to stay in touch with the zeitgeist is fading.

>"you're retarded"
>"DUDE LE TRIGGERED WHY ARE U SO TRIGGERED LE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE"

youtube.com/watch?v=nDrS7NZaoC8

his calmness angers me

>You'll never be christian and sort yourself out spiritually

i find it irritating that frogs are getting this reputation

i had to change my avatar in the few places i use one

I love me some sam harris.

Unfortunately, trump is a career killer.

Harris is becoming insufferable when he talks about trump 24/7. Hes crashing his career, with no survivors

(((Samuel Benjamin Harris)))

Crying because someone called you retarded on Twitter is pretty triggered and soft.

Not sure what your point is.

>pointless semantics issue
you can't be serious

What do you love that he has done? I don't know a damn thing about him besides him being a 'New Atheist'. Is there more to him than that?

Great digits, Sam

Unbelievably pretentious, but smart as fuck, and isn't like most atheists where he just brings up Christians in every argument arbitrarily. His arguments are well thought out and palpable.

He said Trump was elected as a repudiation of the left which is 100% accurate - and says Muslim lifestyle is largely incompatible with the west - also 100% true.

You should listen to the Joe Rogan podcast where is arguing with this blackfamous comedian about black crime and this black guy simply doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand what he's saying. Actually cringe worthy.

Who is crying?

>His father came from a Quaker background and his mother is Jewish.

>How the fuck does cernovich trigger these leftist so easily.
Because Cernovich and people like him don't genuinely care about the topic and as such delight in arguing in bad faith. Their whole purpose is to say outrageous things simply because they're outrageous. It's a money making scam.

On the other hand, people like Sam Harris have been doing this for a very long time. This is a substantial part of their life and they take this topic very seriously. Sam has written many books on this topic, appeared in public to discuss this, had to suffer many ridiculous smears against himself........

So what happens when these 2 things collide? The serious person gets upset because an insincere clown is trying to ruin what is a gravely serious topic. The insincere clown on the other hand gets to say some version of "haha, cuck" and moves on without ever realizing the sort of damage he's doing to the world because he doesn't really care to begin with.

appears very intellectual then he takes it too far. smug atheist, typical SJW

youtube.com/watch?v=6j82R4ZMlIg
At the moment I'm shocked at his patience. This dumb nog won't shut the fuck up.

HE'S RIGHT! FREE WILL IS AN ILLUSION!

My friend really likes him and his little Muslim secular atheist buddy. Personally I can't stand these people. These people always trying to sell something. No better then cultists

He's a butthurt loser.

He's obviously very intelligent and even pretty redpilled on certain issues, which is why I can't fathom why he continues to shill for the left.

He has some good points but he's so pedantic about them.

Is he a jew? Sounds like a jew getting all faggy with linguistic rules and shit. They cant win arguments with truth so they like to create rules that favor their style of argumentation.

Like people that memorized all of the logical fallacies. I mean its good to know but it doesnt mean that because something falls into that category that it is untrue. Slippery slope for instance while not something to hang your hat on doesnt mean because it is a fallacy that the prediction wont be true.

Literally who

He look like a Jew.

I was debating with a computer programmer recently and he kept trying to force everything into this very binary pattern of either yes or no. I mean that works in something like programming but it doesn't work well with much more grey and nuanced areas like politics.

He is a Jew. He tries to do that "I'm an atheist so I'm not Jewish shit", but his mother is a Jew and he grew up in a rich, well-connected Jewish family.

I read a few of his books and he has some alright points, but if you follow anything he posts regularly he's always got this air of indignant jealousy and of course he's always trying to sell something. Luckily his books are easily pirated.

MYSTERY SOLVED