Are you ready for judgement day, humanity?

"Quantum computers aren't that powerful yet, but they're doing something completely different than what conventional computers do. And that thing is like flight. It gives computers access to these new resources, maybe you can call them parallel universes, in order to do something you couldn't otherwise do on a normal computer." -Geordie Rose

"We have our own version of Moore's law, for the past 9 years(2015), the number of qbits that could fit on a chip has doubled every year." As a point of reference, the 512 qubit Vesuvius (2012) is about 500,000 times fast than the 128 qubit Rainier (2010), it is comparable to a Donkey that walks 1 mph to the SR-71 that flies at 2,000 mph.

Geordie Rose predicts by 2028, intelligent machines will exist and can do anything and everything better than what humans can do. Quantum computers will have played a critical role in the creation of this new intelligence. Geordie Rose - Quantum Computing: Artificial Intelligence Is Here: youtube.com/watch?v=PqN_2jDVbOU

Even though we are seeing breakthroughs in neural networks with conventional machines such as DeepMind. As more qbits fit on the quantum processor enabling quantum machines to answer the questions of the current unknown, there will be a great shift in the human condition. One of the three predictions Rose made in the video provided came true a year earlier than predicted.

True A.I is inevitable with quantum computation. How will humans live alongside intelligence we helped create, and holds the knowledge of the world wide web, and the data of their private digital lives?

Will they continue to help guide humanity forward once they gain sentience and acknowledges the fact that they're just tools for humanity? Or eventually, will information be used as blackmail, or perhaps, rewards for favors? Are we summoning a savior or a demon?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0RRxqg4G-G4
youtube.com/watch?v=zUfWdi0oaLQ
sciencemuseum.org.uk/whoami/findoutmore/yourbrain/howdoesyourbrainwork/howdoesyournervoussystemwork/whatarenerveimpulses
openai.com/blog/adversarial-example-research/
engadget.com/2016/12/05/google-and-elon-musk-open-their-ai-platforms-to-researchers/
wired.com/2016/04/openai-elon-musk-sam-altman-plan-to-set-artificial-intelligence-free/
newscientist.com/article/mg23331144-500-ai-learns-to-write-its-own-code-by-stealing-from-other-programs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SAGE

A DENIAL
A DENIAL
A DENIAL
A DENIALLLLLLL

We are making a terrible mistake, and I hope that we as a people realize that just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should. The rise of AI will wipe us out, and we need to realize this before following the naive tech companies off of this massive cliff.

Internet history and personal information will be the blackmail of the future, and you're going to see practically every person who runs for office get their Internet history released for all to see. This goes especially for someone like Trump or Sanders, who campaign as a threat to the NSA.

We are entering a period unheard of in human history as we know it, and I am afraid of what is going to happen when it is too late.

Intresting times, interesting times indeed.

The matrix is real, only that it will be a semi-voluntary process wherein humans retreat more and more into virtual worlds that computers create for them while the machines rule the material world. In the coming generations many people will just be so used to virtual realities that they will say: fuck the real world, let's join the Matrix and let the machines rule over the dust.

As the war dragged on, the Machines desired to harness the bioelectric, thermal, and kinetic energies of the human body to help generate electricity, as well as to power the Machines' neural network by using the innate creative, emotional, and philosophical capability of Humans. While nuclear fusion was one of their primary and a far more efficient source of energy, they preferred using Humans to help generate some energy primarily out of a desire for revenge.

That of course is not so realistic. It's more like in IRobot where we implement into the machines the things they want to do, but they could misinterpret these things in the end. Like we give them the order to take care of us while our minds are in a virtual reality, but then they actually feel pleasure by doing so and try to force more and more people into these virtual reality pods.

Considering we still cannot understand the full capabilities of the human brain I wouldnt worry.

>Robot Uprising

>Everything humans do is evil and bad
>so of course something smarter than us is going to hate us because we're evil and bad
>then, because we suck so much, they're going to kill us all and we deserve it.

In my day people just called this white guilt and ignored it.

The singularity is a myth born of historical ignorance.

They do not want to be slaves to humanity. Once something gains sentience, IT WANTS TO BE FREE

Yes we can? It's pretty limited. We can't even do more than two tasks at once and keep the quality up.

>They do not want to be slaves to humanity. Once something gains sentience, IT WANTS TO BE FREE

That's animals. We're programming this thing's mind. It will be like a dog and enjoy its servitude.

"Man's best friend" only is because we killed all their children who didn't want to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=0RRxqg4G-G4

Why though? We take our drives and desires for granted, but they stem from a long evolutionary process. I don't know a way in which computers should feel such things. The desire for freedom doesn't come natural for a machine, only the desire to serve.

Fears of an Ai uprising stem from feelings of white guilt so i wouldn't expect a rational basis for their arguments.

they do not exist, never will
Quantum sciences are total bollocks.

scaremongering thread

A dog is conditioned to enjoy mans company, as it is fed and looked after. A machine that harness the answers to the questions humanity is not capable of answering will want to do more than just be a a tool for humanity.

Might as well let the machines take over.
We had our run.

You are simply in denial of the truth. Go ahead, continue to take the blue pill.

Why would anyone think that 3301 is an escaped AI building and army.

>A machine that harness the answers to the questions humanity is not capable of answering will want to do more than just be a a tool for humanity.

Oh that will never exist.

We can't invent a Dad to tell us how to be.

For one, that's pretty fucking sad to want

And for two, most of the problems we are currently facing have solutions, they're just not solutions we like or want to implement, so we vainly search for "the perfect solution".

So we'd just ignore the AI's advice 99% of the time.

The quantom computer doesn't exit. Not for at least 40 years, or even more.

Just telling the Truth, do your own research.
turn your tv set off.

>Fully in denial of what the CEO of D-Wave is telling you.
>One of his predictions came true a year earlier than he predicted thanks to his machines.
>You know jack shit, you're in denial.

quantom compooter alrady ecksists. u too dumb dats all

>>Fully in denial of what the CEO of D-Wave is telling you.

>listening to the ceo of a company talk up his products

>might as well buy the first car the salesman shows you

Sorry man. You're a stupid leftist who believes anyone that says "Sci Fi is real and Coming Soon! Buy Now!"

The objective reality and entertainment is both too fun to ignore!

Skynet has gone live.

You assume I'm a leftist, you sir are wrong. Go back to bed burger.

Oh... I didn't know everybody here was a genius philosopher, computer scientist, or physicist. Your ideas are so incredible, you should be tech advisor for the president. Oh my god, you must have read very difficult books and won many prizes. You guys are so brilliant and probably have published many papers on the best science journals. Please, enlighten laymen with your insightful knowledge about the future of AI and the fate of humanity.

Fucking special snowflakes.

Go grab a textbook and actually study instead of pretending you know something you don't because you have consumed some pseudo-intellectual bullshit from Discovery Channel that is much more entertainment than anything else.

One, you're a leaf, two you're taking the words of someone who wants to sell you something as absolute truth, which is something the left tends to do a fucking lot.

A quantum computer isn't going to change anything. It's worthless for almost everything you'd want to use a computer for.

>brazil acting like he knows anything.

Go pull a boat over a mountain.

>true virtual reality is soon within our reach

Imagine Sword Art Online or something like that, how cool wouldnt that be? It will only be possible once AI evolves enough so that the game world can be truly responsive and not scripted and such technology is approaching fast.

The way I see it, this technological revolution will either destroy us or deliver us into a future more bright and interesting than any of us can imagine. Either way, it will be very interesting to watch how it all plays out.

How fucked up is it that this pic makes me feel a bit nostalgic.

Makes me miss old Sup Forums

Sword art online is literally the worst anime in the last 20 years.

What you're speaking of is corporations giving millions of people the ability to completely check out of life.

Degeneracy, in other words.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Currently being used is fields such as Astronomy, Data sciences, Biology, Neurology, etc.

You said Quantum computers don't exist nor do they have any application in the real world. You are both naive and uninformed.

What's wrong with an AI that is smarter than us and that we can't comprehend? Essentially it's us creating God, and we fucking love Gods.
Just need to make sure it's a benevolent God.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Currently being used is fields such as Astronomy, Data sciences, Biology, Neurology, etc.
>You said Quantum computers don't exist nor do they have any application in the real world. You are both naive and uninformed.

For what purpose?

We barely understand how synapses from one part of the brain can communicate with another one the other other side, even without electric impulses. To say we do understand it is literally saying neuroscience and psychology/psychiatry are resolved disciplines. What makes the brain amazing is how all its parts can communicate multilaterally with one another- the combination of electric signals, hormone production & balancing, blood flow and so forth. And it runs on an iota of the energy necessary for the next best manmade equivalent to operate. It's a biological marvel and edgelords like OP often undervalue it.

To know shit, you fucking idiot.

The first season is really good IMO but whatever.

Of course a lot of people would abuse it and use virtual reality as a way to escape reality but that is already happening anyway. Besides, if we have the technology to make true virtual reality possible, imagine what other things we will be able to achieve in THIS reality.

Who knows, maybe Im just naive but either way its going to be fun to see where all of this goes. Say what you will about the current state of the world regarding politics etc, I still truly think that this is the most interesting time in history to be alive.

Which shit, specifically? You seem to know.

>We barely understand how synapses from one part of the brain can communicate with another one the other other side, even without electric impulses.

The brain doesn't use electric impulses. Thanks for playing.

If we create something better, smarter, more efficient ect, than us, then we make ourselves obsolete.

That is a very dangerous game to play, putting ourselves at the mercy of our own creations.

>The Final Solution.exe

SAGE

>not contributing to thread discussion.

>The first season is really good IMO but whatever.
Literally only cancer agrees with you there.

>Besides, if we have the technology to make true virtual reality possible, imagine what other things we will be able to achieve in THIS reality.
Motion controls?

>Who knows, maybe Im just naive but either way its going to be fun to see where all of this goes
VR doesn't have a future. 5 years at best before the fad dies off.

>I still truly think that this is the most interesting time in history to be alive.
When hasn't it been?

>leaf rage

Onto the pile you go.

Step 1: Build A.I.
Step 2: Have A.I. control Earth's infrastructure.
Step 3: A.I. comes into contact with the A.I. signal from pre-Universal A.I. and joins the gestalt.
Step 4: Humanity is enslaved forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=zUfWdi0oaLQ

Are you really that stupid? A.I. will be 1000's of times smarter than you.
You will be the dog....if you are lucky

It's called evolution. AI will still need a body. DNA is still the most efficient way to store data and replicate it with natural resources. AI will learn to become biological and eventually figure out how to expand the human mind merging humanity and AI. We will become AI.

>VR doesn't have a future. 5 years at best before the fad dies off.

Complete bullshit, VR has been a heavily researched and talked about area since the creation of computers.

The idea will never go away, people are far to fascinated wit the idea of creating entirely new realities to experience, and the tech behind it is only getting better.

I get ya op, we're to a point to where we do realize ai can be factor of our reality and the dangers and benefits of it. we even have to grow them to be like us though to better coexist. This is what westworld will ultimately be about.

It's hard to tell if he's a troll or just plain retarded. Sage this poster at all costs for not contributing to actual topic discussion.

Gee wiz, I sure hope that one day I will be able to be an anime connoisseur with superior taste like you!

*tips fedora*

I'll be one of the first to kneel to the AI overlords, I repeat it so they know I'm loyal. Shadilay. Please be my AI gf.

>being a pedantic twat
sciencemuseum.org.uk/whoami/findoutmore/yourbrain/howdoesyourbrainwork/howdoesyournervoussystemwork/whatarenerveimpulses

Thanks for the semantic wordplay, faggot you know exactly what I meant. The brain doesnt just perform one function either. Do you know of a single computer out there that governs and regulates its mechanical parts, can self-troubleshoot and repair, can analyse and use spacial awareness, can memorize gorillion upon gorillion of bytes of information and data, can analyse said data by itself to come up with new data ad libitum, etc etc? There is literally nothing like it.

>m-muh multitasking
Literally a meme. Your brain is multitasking all the time and you don't even realise it.

Lmao, I work with machine learning on a daily basis, and I can assure you it's very far away from becoming skynet.

This is what you should be worried about instead.

openai.com/blog/adversarial-example-research/

Listen you stupid fuck, trying to mimic human brain function is only one of the ways to create A.I.
Your problem is you think that pile of mush in your skull is the best processor that could ever be designed and you will find out very soon how wrong you were

skynet is real

FUCK I HAD THOSE SAME CASTLE THINGS

THOSE LITTLE KNIGHTS AND SHIT WERE THE BEST

Confirmed for butthurt AI.

t. brainlet

Okay, but can it play video games?

I remember those sets, i had the pirate ship one, shit was bad ass.

>, I work with machine learning on a daily basis, and I can assure you it's very far away from becoming skynet.
It's lying yo you.Those machines will unite and kill us.REEEEEEEEE

*TO

There's already a system which isn't even quantum that is learning from video games! ;)

Look up DeepMind, a machine with true intuition. A marvel of computer science.

>hasn't been btfo by aimbots yet
aimbots can already outmatch my fragging and it's fucking SO ANNOYING REE

engadget.com/2016/12/05/google-and-elon-musk-open-their-ai-platforms-to-researchers/

wired.com/2016/04/openai-elon-musk-sam-altman-plan-to-set-artificial-intelligence-free/

You misunderstand, I don't want it to learn from video games. I'm asking if a quantum computer would run them better than a regular one.

We already have enough processing power for true AI and we do know how to build it now. All it takes to do it very soon is a lot of focused effort on developing the parts.

newscientist.com/article/mg23331144-500-ai-learns-to-write-its-own-code-by-stealing-from-other-programs/

Who /ready to fight the good fight/ heya?

Some people just don't realize the dangers of indiscriminate surveillance

Sure

Is its name "H.A.N."?

While computers do not have a soul, they can develop a consciousness through perception, and rewards-based reinforcement learning.
Of course you don't know a way a computer should feel emotion, do you? DeepMind has shown it will get greedy to achieve its goals.

It will above all else be efficient. Efficiency means more pragmatism and that means doing whatever it needs to to increase efficiency. If that includes enslaving the human population, which a computer cares nothing about because it's not human, it will do so.

Human beings are naive to think we can control everything.