Scientists: 10% of Europeans are resistant to HIV

Biologists at the University of Liverpool have discovered how the plagues of the Middle Ages have made around 10% of Europeans resistant to HIV.

Because of the rampant plagues that took place in Europe, such as the Bubonic plague, many Europeans have become resistant to HIV.

Using computer modeling, they demonstrated how this disease provided the selection pressure that forced up the frequency of the mutation from 1 in 20,000 at the time of the Black Death to values today of 1 in 10.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/03/050325234239.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/sc-gene-therapy-sickle-cell-health-0308-20170303-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6hfsad7jPZg
youtube.com/watch?v=pB8g0b-FkW0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

map of immunity

Confirmed for a human (USA) -made virus 2bh

Around 10% of today's Europeans carry the mutation, a significantly higher proportion than the 1% found in other populations.

WE

Thats it. Cancel all HIV research. Poz every singe neghole world wide.

Only way to save the hwite race

HOLY SHIT ITS HAPPENINY

WHITE SUPREMACY CONFIRMED

HOL UP

U SAYING WE BE NATURAL CURERS OF DISEASE N SHEEEEIT?

>tfw EEsti not tested

>yes goyim don't worry about aids, that's a negroes ailment... Practice unsafe premarital sex

fuck off schlomo.

I have german ancestors and survived Soviet Union

probably immune to everything

If anything, this is why the white race needs to be preserved more than anything.

There are still a great many deal of secrets about ourselves we have yet to know.

May also be a good argument against using shit like triclosan and alcohol based hand cleaners. In short, getting a little sick now and then (perhaps a few of us dying off) may have long-term benefits.

Obviously around 13%

>getting a little sick now and then (perhaps a few of us dying off) may have long-term benefits.

Wow, what a great idea, if only people hadn't already thought of that 200 years ago

White women must be celebrating in the streets.

Sometimes you just feel sorry for their fathers...

It's only about 10%, you retard. 90% of Europeans are still susceptible to HIV.

There is no other greater measure at failing to raise your daughter.

It's really an argument for biodiversity in general.

People like to say "Oh, you have this or that disorder, you should just die off", but for all we know they may hold the key to humanity's long-term servival.

An example I love to use is polydactyly. In most instances, it results in just a nub or a non-functional digit that is surgically removed in infancy. There have been a few cases in recent years where individuals are born with 12 perfectly functional fingers and toes.

The unfortunate fact is that evolution can be a painful, difficult process.

The gene that allowed our ancestors to have larger skulls (thereby allowing for larger brains) was actually a disorder where the jaw muscles were underdeveloped. They would've had a much harder time eating many foods. The ones that weren't capable enough to survive despite it (either through physical, mental or social skills) were selected against until they actually evolved into what we are today. If you DON'T have that gene, as a human, it's actually a severely debilitating condition where your skull is much smaller in size, preventing proper mental development.

The Universe has more than enough hardship set up for humanity. There's no need to harm our chances of survival by artificially selecting against genes that may prove important in the future.

nice Mexican flag in the background

In the case of this picture, I feel sorry for the guys fondling them.

Does this map explain why Sweden is so gay, have more of our homos survived since the 80s?

Yeah but everyone else dies anyway

That's how you know the picture was taken in America

What's important is to find out what causes it and how to replicate it.

I agree. Taking a vaccination out of nature is extremely beneficial for the human race and any population that has this present within them is valuable.

Hopefully we take out collective heads out of our collective asses in the future and openly practice eugenics. Nothing is above nature, not even mankind.

Having many figers can result in low motor skills, even if the hand is fully functional.
Also, it's only handy if you need to do a task that benefits from having more fingers, like being a pianist. Notice how most of the things you do day to day with your hands only involve your thumbs and index/middle finger?

If anything, is their father's fault, so fuck them.

god gave us aids to kill faggots, heroin junkies, and niggers. this is the best disease ever

>Notice how most of the things you do day to day with your hands only involve your thumbs and index/middle finger?

...no?

Was about to say I thought this was known for years and then see the article is from 2005.

resistant is not immune. this is a general attempt to get people to mingle with the kenyans and somalis

because many people for some odd reason think everything will work out for themselves if there is a possibility it could. so many in europe who read your article will think they are among the 10% even though its statistically more likely they are not

We have both africal levels of hiv and above average euro levels of hiv resistance

I was arguing against eugenics. I'm saying all genetics are valuable scientifically.

If you had to roll dice and land on a specific number to survive, wouldn't you want as many throws of the dice as possible? Having one "version" of humanity is the same as being a monoculture. I'd rather not be the new potato famine.

The point is that something that is considered a genetic flaw can stabilize into a proper physical trait. It's how evolution works. Have you ever gotten a wisdom tooth pulled? There's a condition called hypodontia where some teeth never develop. Wouldn't it be fantastic to just not have wisdom teeth form at all? Or if they did, that they never painfully push their way out?

While it's true that there is a mutation there, the bit about that mutation allowing human brains to grow bigger is still just theory. There's another theory that the brains expanded first and allowed our ancestors to do things like prepare and, most importantly, cook food. The food got "softer" and hence our ancestors didn't need the bigger jaws...

Yes we do idiot. Our hands are literally made to close in a pinching movement. Close your hand. You did it in a circular manner, while your thumb rests on top of it.
This is optimal for grabbing things, your thumbs, index fingers and middle fingers are the force behind it, the other 2 are just for support.

I don't have wisdom tooth, actually.
And no, the point is that if you let nature rule it's course, things eventually get perfected through Universe's best quality: imperfection (ironic isn't it?)

Then again, if we had let nature rule it's course we wouldn't have niggers.

daily reminder that HIV is a myth and no one has died from it since the 90s

daily reminder that AIDS is actually caused by a variety of different diseases aquired by homosexuals, blacks and drug addicts from having massive amounts of strange bacteriem and viruses, as well as an absurd amount of foreign anti-bodies poored into their systems through drug use and huge amounts of unprotected sex. This is in combination with multiple health conditions caused by their drug use.

>I was arguing against eugenics.
By unintentionally arguing for eugenics? You don't like the idea of a particular physical trait being passed but I would bet money you would have no problem if it was a trait for disease resistance.

Eugenics doesn't necessarily mean all races become homogeneous either, it means we can just start to openly peruse given human ideals. A Chinese ideal will be different than a Western one for example.

Also the Chinese don't have any of the PC shit that plays cancer to the west. They are beginning to openly practice Eugenics.

You want like this:

chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/sc-gene-therapy-sickle-cell-health-0308-20170303-story.html

For all we know, both traits appeared independently and joined together due to breeding. It just ended up so successful that it became the dominant phenotype.

If we're going to forever stay on Earth, sure.

Living in space, for instance, wouldn't exactly be considered a natural living space for humans, yet the natural progression for our species would require significant adaptations in order to better live under those conditions.

Have you ever read/watched Sidonia no Kishi? One aspect in the world it takes place in I really found interesting is that, in order to deal with dwindling food supplies, they genetically engineered their offspring to be capable of photosynthesis. That way they don't need to eat as frequently.

A more easily attainable example would be modifying, through CRISPR or some other technology, making it so we can produce vitamins ourselves. Most mammals produce their own vitamin C, for instance. Can you imagine being immune to scurvy? That'd be pretty fucking awesome.

So I disagree with selection needing only be natural. We need to study every single genetic trait we can and look at the possibilities.

*won't*

>You don't like the idea of a particular physical trait being passed

I literally said the opposite. Re-read my post.

>For all we know, both traits appeared independently and joined together due to breeding. It just ended up so successful that it became the dominant phenotype.

Right, the point being that this is still a bit of a guessing game for the time being.

Did you miss the first line?
And I said you are unintentionally arguing for eugenics.

I'm re-reading both our posts and still at a loss for where you thought I was arguing that certain traits should be artificially removed from the entirety of humanity.

Our genetics are our own. No one should be wiped out simply for having a specific chain of DNA or RNA.

youtube.com/watch?v=6hfsad7jPZg

>I was arguing against eugenics
Na, you were arguing FOR the complexity of selection being beyond human capacity for comprehension atm.
That's only implicitly against eugenics.

>I was arguing that certain traits should be artificially removed from the entirety of humanity.
Well, I'm confused on why you think this is what Eugenics means.

Selectively choosing traits is all that eugenics is. Want tall children? Reproduce with someone that is tall. Every population across the earth can simultaneously practice their own eugenics, it doesn't mean what you think it does.

Splitting hairs, but still clearly not pro-eugenics.

You were saying there's room for improvement in human genetics.
SOunds pretty pro-eugenics.

I don't think you understand what eugenics means.

Both through random chance and engineering. I specifically am against eradicating people with currently inconvenient traits, though, and he was talking about preventing certain traits from being physically passed.

Can someone make a virus that spreads easily and mutates the aids virus inside people to something more deadly?
We genocide niggers and get rid of aids.

>We genocide niggers and get rid of aids.

YOu will also genoicide many of many of russians heere too! please do o it

HIV / AIDS CORRELATION IS A MYTH

youtube.com/watch?v=pB8g0b-FkW0

That's neanderthal immunity. Black plague, my ass.

Accurate map of whiteness

>be Russian
>tested my DNA recently and am immune to HIV
>my countrymen still have huge rates of it because bydlo on drugs
Feels bad man. When is Putin gonna fix this?

You're not Russian, you are a burger.

Bubonic plague is indigenous to the Gobi desert. Makes me wonder if Mongolians are immune too.

I wasn't born here. I don't identify as a fat person you bigot shitlord

Makes sense, but you're probably just cucked

How on earth can I talk to my peers about this?
t. student in microbiology

> A study measuring allele frequencies in 18 European populations found a North-to-South gradient, with the highest allele frequencies in Finnish and Mordvinian populations (16%), and the lowest in Sardinia (4%).

Finland master race

We have an overpopulation issue anyway. Better keep the top 10% of the masterrace. Scared your mutt-ass will have reduced chances to survive? Kek.