Comey Asks Justice Department to Reject Trump's Claim

archive.is/AZzZy

What the fuck is going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uS6Y3t7kxHE
youtube.com/watch?v=q2eu-B5ZNPs
youtube.com/watch?v=S-Kqd5Y9tk0
theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/nov/01/snowden-nsa-files-surveillance-revelations-decoded#section/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trump is a dumbass and others are having to clean up his mess.

>insinuate the FBI broke the law
>get dick slapped back down by the FBI

This is what happens when you get your news from Brietbart.

obvious question is "what is Comey hiding."

this was a bad move.

>Alphabet soup is part of the Deep State
>doesn't want to be held accountable
Are you even keeping up? You need to spend more time on /leftypol/.

youtube.com/watch?v=uS6Y3t7kxHE

>Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.
>it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law

Comey's not saying it's false, he just thinks it will hurt the FBI.

>he just thinks it will hurt the FBI.
I think Comey thinks this will hurt trust in Govt so Trump should just let Obama get away with it.

Did anyone accuse the FBI of doing this?

I'm a Trump supporter, but I think he bit off a little more than he could chew this time around. Someone close probably told him about the Obama wire taps, which should have been taken with a grain of salt, and he completely jumped the gun by Tweeting about it. There is no way this was some diversion from the Russia shit, because he went on a full meltdown, and rightfully so if the allegations on Obama end up being true. However, it is looking like these may not be true, and that Trump blew up over something not important.

The thing is, it won't matter. The media has been bitching about him so much that no one is going to pay attention for more than a day, if even.

There's still a part of me that, regardless of what Comey says right now, believes this could be true. Not hoping it is, but a gut feeling.

Comey is saving his own ass.
You're a fucking faggot probably trying to do the same.

Nobody other than Comey himself it seems

Kind of defeats the whole "Comey was Trump's surrogate" argument from the left. If he was involved in this, why would he have compromised his own well-being by opening the investigation back up on Crooked? He's just as screwed as Obama if it turns out to be true, and would have been completely on her side to save his ass. He would've known Trump being elected would end in his dismay.

the taps have been widely reported in left leaning newspapers (NYT ec). Everyone seems to forget this conveniently.

the whole thing stinks. evidently Obama had SIX of his departments investigating Trump DURING the election. And NOTHING was found.

this literally dwarfs watergate

When was this mentioned in the leftist news sources? Not being defensive, but very curious because I was not aware of this. Big deal if true.

>Comey's not saying it's false,
>Mr. Comey...has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim

What?

Comey wasn't quoted, an anonymous official told nytimes what he allegedly said or is doing.

Check in the NYT in october.

So you have a direct quote, video, or statement from comey himself, or just NYTIMES anonymous sources? Perhaps instead of relying on the NYTIMES you can rely on an actual news organization.

>The FBI has requested that the FBI not be investigated

WEW

i've been posting screenshots from the NTY, Guardian all morning. but this is the best summary by far

youtube.com/watch?v=q2eu-B5ZNPs

they were pushing this to sexy up the 'muh-russia' angle. but tipped their hand to the illegal means used

It means Comey is a crook that got caught red handed and is scrambling to save his own and Obama's ass,

>((((((((((((((MARK LEVIN)))))))))))))))

Not believing a single word of that Anti-Trump lying kike. This is a set-up.

Don't worry, this is all very recent. We'll get a confirmation from Comey in the next few days. What happens if it is true though, you worried friend? ;)

There's been quite a few articles in NYT, The Guardian, and others. The main source that I've seen for it today is an interview with one of Reagan's former cabinet members, Mark Levin.

youtube.com/watch?v=S-Kqd5Y9tk0

Remember the massive denial of the NSA spy leaks of Edward Snowden. From president Obama down denied the US government or any intelligence or law enforcement were involved in massive unlawful worldwide spying.

theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/nov/01/snowden-nsa-files-surveillance-revelations-decoded#section/1

i don't like (((levin))) either. but it's the best analysis I've seen so far

No matter what trump does it's going to be wrong as long as it goes along with republican beliefs and Standards. The MSM is blatantly left wing oriented so the only thing trump can do is steam roll ahead and dpmake good on his promises.

nobody takes Comey seriously anymore after he recommended no prosecution after outright saying that Clinton broke the law
he's probably trying to cover his own ass and has no other options

>anonymous source

The absolute state of Ameriblubber's gubmint.

We already knew Comey was not to be trusted.
Anyone who thought that he could be was being naive.
There are good and bad people in the agency. They seem to fight for direction. Maybe Comey get blackmailed into opening the investigation back up maybe it was an attempt by the left to start a coup of their own from the start. If it's the latter and it gets that far get ready to fight.

I think they may think that they could get a mandate to retaliate against all of their opposition after such a cataclysmic event, essentially destroying the us government as it is and installing a new internationalist authoritarian state of their own design.

She broke the law. I do not recommend charges.

Well then, looks like these dumbasses in thinking that Crooked would 100% be elected shot themselves in the foot.

The best timeline, isn't it folks? Now let's go out and cement this timeline as the best by taking these asshats down.

I think it's funny how amateur these corrupt pigs are, can't even get rid of a fucking paper trail and publishing it for the world to see.

obama WH was obviously corrupt as fuck

We've already had a confirmation about what Comey's doing you utter mongoloid, Jesus, fucking keep up.

Maybe Comey knows the DoJ cannot reject Trump's claim. Maybe Comey knows something we dont.

Either way, wiretapping your political opponents is a very very fishy move.

The only reason for opposing an investigation is fear of what it would uncover.

>Comey asks DoJ to slap down Trumps claim

What's newer than this exactly?

What dafuq does this mean?

The DOJ is part of the executive. They literally serve at the president's pleasure.

If Trump tells them to do something, as long as it's legal, they do it or get replaced by someone who will.

The FBI is a law enforcement organization that often times gives their opinion to the DOJ on which cases to pursue, but it's always just an opinion.

CIA will rise again

You really thought that Comey was /ourguy/ he is about as deep in shit as they come... Prep for full clearing of FBI along with all intelligence agencies... Traitors will be exposed (((Comey))) was chosen by Obama remember

Exactly, which is why no one is going to be taking the media seriously in a few months, besides leftists who will never break from their clutches. They have already lost tons of credibility, but there are still a bunch of sane people holding on by a few tethers. A few more months of the media hysteria, and those tethers break. People are realizing just how hypocritical, fake, and agenda driven all around the country, and I see no sign of it stopping.

I have no pity for the media either. Yes, I fully support the First Amendment, but that First Amendment of free press comes with a price of being truthful, objective, and balanced. The way the media has carried itself over the past few years is not that, but in a way that could only be described as a parody circus that would have the media of old rolling in their graves.

This is the guy that went on national TV and listed all of hillary's felonies before saying he would not prosecute her. I don't know what you were expecting other than him to keep the coverup going.

...or Comey wants the DoJ to issue a statement that contradicts what he knows happened. Then the arrests begin.

Checked.

777D chess!

He also ordered wider intelligence sharing to spread the info they had obtained around. It's pretty obvious Obama was using his office to try and conduct information gathering operations on Trump and then give what they did get to as man people as possible. The individual pieces of the narrative have all been reported separately by the MSM, we just need someone to put it together along with some of the documents from the failed court and later FISA wiretap orders which is exactly what an investigation would do.

Has snowden tweeted anything concerning this or has he been MIA?

Who would the military support in such a situation, or would it be split as well?

Read the article, moron.

Comey is saying Obama didn't personally order it.

He's not saying it didn't happen.

There is no actual quote from Comey here.

Gowdy told us, a couple days ago when he did his interview on Cucks News - DO NOT TRUST THE NYT.

Until Comey has a full on statement himself or from the FBI, I don't trust the NYT.

Seems like most soldiers really like him. I'd like to know more but I'm not military.
I hope they are watching what's happening right now.

Yeah, even though I'm not military, most of the soldiers I know are huge fans. If this is a right vs. left fight, I highly doubt many in the military side with the left, all the way up the chain of command. Leftism as practiced on US campuses goes against everything the military and the honorable people who serve in it stand for.

why do you think he surrounded himself with generals? he knows that he may end up needing the military at his back.

>The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

IT'S LITERALLY THE FIRST PARAGRAPH

>that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones

I don't really care what happens, but your quote only supported what the aussie said.

>Comey's not saying it's false

> because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law

>Comey's not saying it's false

That's literally what he's saying

It's gonna be great.

It's checkmate no matter what DoJ does.

FBI clampdown on DoJ soon. and no they aren't the same.

>senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.
FAKE NEWS

Comey is calling on the Justice Department to officially say that THEY DIDN'T tap Trump's phones because that would mean the FBI broke the law which he knows, or wants to believe, didn't. BUT the Justice Department hasn't released a statement that they didn't order anything yet.

So Comey wants the Justice Department to say, officially, "No we did not tap his phones, you can investigate and see for yourself". OR they go "Well yeah we did illegally tap his phones" then Comey gets to purge the FBI and Trump gets to purge the Department of Justice.

Ummm why isnt Clapper in prison? He committed perjury in front of Congress.

This is the definition of FAKE NEWS from the failing NYT. Anonymous source. No quote from Comey. My hope is this is a Trump plant forcing FBI to comment on it.

People actually think Trump is some blowhard retard who doesn't always play his cards close to his chest and doesn't solely make moves when they will benefit him the most - despite a track record showing the exact opposite. Media really doing its job I guess.

He might not be a "God emperor" but he understands the art of business and manipulating his opponents to amass power, and money. He's actually smarter than most people in politics today.

I always chuckle at the irony of internet posters calling Trump an idiot. The man has an Ivy League degree and built a multi billion $ global corporation. Arrogant, sure. But he's not dumb.

Martial law time. Kill all the pedophiles.