GIFTED & TALENTED/GATE PROGRAM. MK ULTRA? WHAT WAS IT?

reposting because bump limit

please share your experiences spooky or not

PREVIOUS THREADS:

anyone else receive a certificate of some sort?

also, genuinely memeing for world peace, it only takes 7 people to ignite a social movement.

Bump told most of the experiences I remember in the last thread. I'll try to remember more from it.

Don't mind me just triggering your deep memories.

Maybe it was one of the normal classes. I do remember the TAG teacher specifically demonstrating to us how certain prisms can withstand different pressures in better or worse ways.

What we know...

>many subjects reported having, "soulmates" come into their lives and leave very quickly
>many subjects reported paranoia
>programs likely vary from state to state but probably receive federal funding
>pressured into sports
>Rorschach Tests
>various creative writing assignments
>often some relation to municipal, state or federal employees

Feel free to add to this, folks.

Re-posting this in here (original →) because I came in at the end of the last thread.

oh damn this got me thinking

>my mother was in gifted programs as a child, even today she has very spooky and paranoid opinions about the purpose of those programs
>she told me at a very early age to purposely fail any weird tests in school, showing me examples of the types of questions that would be on these types of tests, she told me that the gifted classes are not something to strive to be a part of
>in 2nd and 3rd grade i was given logic/IQ tests. Purposely picked wrong answers on every question.
>was not selected for GATE, although I remember my best friend at the time was a part of it
>sometime halfway through 3rd grade I was pulled out of class one day, on my own, and was given similar tests for the entire day, as well as rorschach tests, and weird headphone sound recognition testing. I can remember that I pretended to take a long time on each answer, but still purposely chose wrong answers. I remember that I would think about the types of people that would select each answer, and what logical reasoning they would use to back up each answer.
>nothing happens
>in 5th grade i was "randomly" selected to be a conflict manager

dude dont do that. that fucking robot arm.

you forgot ESP cards.

sharing this redpill from earlier:

>not building and programming the robot arm in G&T room using special lego blocks

Does anyone remember any social trends from 1990-2003ish? Maybe there's some clues there.

Oh shit they put me in this when I was in 4th grade.
Also had migraines.

Overall waste of time like all school is.
Tested for high IQ in elementary school. Stayed in program till graduating HS.
All I remember is in Elem/Middle school memorizing famous artwork, vocabulary, etc. and playing lots of weird puzzle games.
I didn't mind since we bypassed the "regular" classes and basically dicked around playing games and learning things "differently".

GATE 8 ch thread from last night. Suspiciously deleted by mods.

http://
archive.is/xMdkI

If I recall correctly I was kind of a failure in the program and didn't last long, but I remember being kind of forced into it by teachers, staff and my parents. I remember seeing them in the special classrooms while I was at recess and wondered why anyone would want to be in that but they kept telling me I'm gifted and I have a high iq. I just wanted to be a regular kid so I put no effort into the program and didn't last long. It was creepy and I remember the flash cards and Rorschach tests. The principal and teachers were very frustrated.

Was deeply paranoid as a child. Grew out of it.

To the user I was talking to about being in the top 1%

I completely agree, but it's not a very 'acceptable' sentiment to have in public. Most people would assume you're a welfare leech when you say 9-5s are for suckers, but that's not what I (and presumably you) mean.

My gf has two degrees in programming and business administration & management, and she just not got a job at an insurance company, and she is absolutely made-up because now she has health insurance, and wants to stay there indefinitely. She's a fucking genius, but she's content with working in a cubicle forever, just for the carrot on a stick.

I want to do great things, but I feel powerless. I know I'm capable of anything but fuuuuuuck I don't give a shit about society. The whole 9-5 thing till you're dead really does not interest me.

Who's with me? Wanna make a country?

we did that too. using the turtle function.

>I didn't mind since we bypassed the "regular" classes and basically dicked around playing games and learning things "differently".

heh, that's so me

Shit, I had really bad headaches as a kid, too.

>do I remember any social trends from when I was growing upt?
dude wat

Like, I don't know, when Norm MacDonald and Adam Sandler were busting up the Clinton administration's bullshit with no survivors? Or are we talking more like Cho's favorite song (the whole album is boring, but that's a great song for the era)

I remember being put in these classes. The only thing I can remember is learning latin in like the 3rd grade. Nothing else really stands out. No migraines. I remember I really liked my teacher at the time. Real sweet lady.

FUCK

I was the guy who figured out that if you go up one and left one you'd make a circle. The teacher made me demonstrate this on one of the school TVs to the rest of the class, but then said I fucked up because there are only 360 degrees in a circle where I put like 10s of thousands of repeat instructions in just to make sure it would go all the way around.

That wasn't G&T though. That was just normal 3rd grade.

Crack epidemic. Vanilla ice. Gulf war 1 and 2. 9/11. Brittany Spears. Fuck man that's too long of a time. I participated in the gifted program from 1992-1997 and ended it in 9th grade. I know other anons are younger than me but there's so many social trends during those years.

Anyone remember this? And kongees?

What if these things served some sort of broader purpose? Just spitballing this idea.

>GATEWAY 8th Grade
>Sean Cottrell, the lovable ne'er-do-well, never takes any of the classes seriously
>one day, in regular class, he has to give a book report
>he picked Resident Evil Apocalypse:the Novel
>he goes up and pantomimes every action scene
>as the english teacher throws him out he screams "THE ADMINISTRATOR IS TURNING US INTO SOLDIERS"
>never hear from Sean again until he OD'd on heroin four years later
>was uber christrian and never touched drugs
>mfw he left me a note that warned about being near schools

Don't forget when the Challenger blew up. That was great.

>HAY KIDS
>MARCH DOWN TO THE LIBRARY RIGHT NOW
>WE'RE GOING TO TURN THE LIGHTS OFF BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT
>THIS IS GOING TO BE HIGHLY TRAUMATIC
>WATCH THIS
>THIS IS YOUR TEACHER ON THE SPACE SHUTTLE BLOWING UP

...k thanks i guess

Spic here
California
In GATE for 3rd grade

Like everyone else I had done extremely well on standardized and IQ tests so I got in the program. Nothing really seemed to out of the ordinary. We meet every week and did logic questions, puzzle solving etc. They had stopped the program the next year though so I don't really know wat would have become of it if I continued.

Did anyone else here get selected to take the test but not get into the program because of failing? (I guess failing because you were never given the results)

Still a little salty about it desu

My father worked at the K25 plant in Oak Ridge, TN

I was one of those TAG students

OH FUG

Wars and 9/11. Those seem significant.

My dad works for the NYC Transit Authority.

Had terrible headaches as a kid as well, but I grew out of them.

i hated doing that shit

T H I S
H
I
S

what's with the soulmate thing? I met the love of my life in GATE 7th grade, but it's been 10 years and he hasn't disappeared lol

Did Gifted and Talented, I can confirm the paranoia, was pressured into music but not sports, did take Rorschach tests, did take many creative writing assignments. Also took many creative/critical thinking assignments. The instructor seemed to have somewhat liberal political views, although I don't really remember specifics. Never had soulmates quickly come and go.

OHHH FUGG I WAS G/T

AM I MINDGONTOLLED?

Was anyone here adopted?

Nah, I was at the age where you'd go to the public library and they'd have a row of Apple IIes in the children's section and you could press the open apple key or the closed apple key depending on which apple scrolled across the screen.

And if you were like I guess 3 or maybe 4 years old and you had that in the bag like a master wizard you were the cream of the crop in your county.

Anyone else have lucid dreams and sleep paralysis?

Oh shit, I think I was in this

>Had no sense of hygiene, tried to make friends by punching and kicking other kids, never did my work because fuck that.
>Teachers have a meeting with teacher
>Parents come home and tell me that my behavior is a sign of very high intelligence
>Because of this, I wouldn't fit in in my normal classes
>Next day I am sent to a different room in the school
>Everybody is shitting their pants and chewing legos
>I was told by my parents that this is what kids with extremely high IQs are like and that Einstien was like this.
>I don't like it at first, but I soon realize that I can just sit around and do little to no work all day
>Enjoyed the rest of my highschool days in that room.
I'm sure most of the kids there grew up to be rocket scientists, maybe that kid with the lopsided eyes became a developer at a fortune 500 company, who knows.

Interesting.. I was in several of these programs in elementary and middle school, sometimes during and sometimes outside of school hours. The only one I remember the name of at the moment was Odyssey of the Mind. My teachers and counselors pushed the whole gifted thing on me pretty hard even though I never considered myself special. I did well in school grade-wise until high school. Most classes went way too slow and a few went too fast for me to retain much interest. Frustrated with my bad grades, my mother sent me to Sylvan for an evaluation, and I scored off the charts. That was a bad thing at the time because I was 16 and the top of their charts were supposedly an average 37 year old or something. Sure enough years later I took several IQ tests with similar results. My family also has an extensive military history. I'll try to remember some more details, was a long time ago.

Ok What the actual fuck. I remember this thing from G/T. I remember having to program it.

This is getting 2spooky

user, I have some bad news...

>what's with the soulmate thing?
Seems like washouts, several years after leaving, will meet somebody and through a series of coincidences or for no reason at all, lose them. There seems to be a trend of this breaking them: see: anons who don't leave their house afterward.

I was in something called Project C.H.I.L.D. in elementary school in the panhandle of florida. It was done under the premise of getting kids ready for "multiple teachers.".

I've had two significant others appear at very key points in my life.

The most recent being after a wave of paranoia and self-harm, due to the fact that I felt there were invisible people watching me. She left suddenly after two years, and I'm once again feeling watched.

Yeah I got into lucid dreaming for a while, but I found it to be boring so I stopped.

Sleep paralysis hits sometimes when I take a nap at my desk. That's pretty fun. My subconcious mind is much more creative and entertaining than I am.

>Does anyone remember any social trends from 1990-2003ish?

I have a special fondness for the '90s.

Everything went to shit in 2001, and every bad thing you see today is a direct time-ripple effect of the acts of one man, Osama bin Laden.

i was in the "summit program" that was kind of similar but not connected

and yes i grew up in the states even though i am posting from finland

>mfw he left me a note that warned about being near schools

What did it say exactly?

>Also had migraines.

Scientist from last thread.

As a kid, yes.

This and a tonne of super-hero based stuff.

Maybe the they saw us as saviors of some sort? Or even a threat..

Our program was called Odyssey as well, they pushed the "You're in the top 1%" meme pretty hard as well.

yes. I dont go lucid anymore though because I like the way my dreams turn out better if I dont. much more interesting.

That's freaky.

Apparently that meant they would still watch you because you were still a "risk"

>soulmates
Fuck I have this really weird memory of something like that it's really fuzzy though

>paranoia
Check

>Pressured into sports
Basketball, Soccer and Academic Decathalon

>Rorschach tests
Check

>creative writing
The thing that got me into G/T is when my teacher found me writing an alternate version of Stephen King's The Storm of The Century in 2nd Grade.

>relation to municipal, state or feds employees

Nope. My dad was in oil.

>Tested as high IQ
>Put in Challenge program
>Have the occipital bun
>LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE was the library/computer lab with the blinds closed
>Built all kinds of contraptions well above standard grade level. Fuckin huge electromagnets amiright?
>Memories of this time are sparse
>No documentation

Did anyone else lose something in white rock?

Yeah, we had the "Odyssey" program. Interesting name when you stop and think about it.

Or if you get involved with naming things as an adult researcher you start to get why and how things get named the way they do, and how many namers are just looking for a catchy hook without understanding the significance.

>oil

Sounds like a government employee to me lol

I was in GATE

we just did more advanced school work and projects. Definitely nothing sinister, at least in my small town

I was also pushed into the whole 1% thing pretty hard. It ended up giving me a fuckton of misplaced confidence that took me through middle school and high school just fine, but when I got to college I realized that the whole "you're special and smart" stuff was complete bullshit, and I actually had to start seriously studying to keep up. If I simply was told that I were average, or slightly above average I most likely would have developed more normal and proper study habits in youth, but I never had that. Ended up making it through fine though

I was in the gifted program. I also suffered ritualistic abuse. I think it is because one time I ran away after my mom molly whopped me for spilling her coke and ended up at the public library. Reading is still my escape.

only bring it up because I started getting them right around the same time I got in. Full 'aura' variety, aka blind spots and flashing shapes followed by pain

The company in question was sanctioned by the UN in the 1990s for doing business with Saddam.

>Anyone else have lucid dreams and sleep paralysis?

Both.

Was anyone here beaten by their parents as a child as punishment for misbehaving? I was.

wtf is the "occipital bun"
can someone upload a pic of it?
a quaility one, not the first shit you see in google images

I usually turn it into a sex dream or do something god-like, such as walking on water and freezing the ocean solid. (All the waves were making it hard to walk.)

Yea also hogtied in a completely black room also fed LSD

I don't lucid dream, although around once a month I do have incredibly vivid dreams that typically have themes of mortality, death, or terrorism. They always freak me the fuck out and stick with me for at least a few days

In my experience, it works way better by touch. Feel your head. Feel other people's heads. You'll find out pretty quick what an unusual bone process feels like.

Carmen San Diego, Ozark Trail, and fucking around on Tandy/TRS-80s anybody?

I had pretty much the same Experience. I remember one day in the class we were learning about tornadoes, and my head hurt so much and I could see flashing shapes. It was my first experience with them.

Anyone ever ask you if you can hear the high pitched noise tv's made even while turned off? I always thought this was a very weird question.

Check for me too

The (((coincidences))) are piling up

>tfw you are a victim of ZOG Brainwashing

You have died of dysentery

Carmen San Diego. That was in middle school though, and my middle school was Catholic (no GATE).

>Manchurian Candidate confirmed

We should try to find your trigger word.

I have had that asked for me, I always thought it was just to determine if you had tinnitus or some other hearing disorder

I was more of an Oregon Trail guy. Also got paired with a major school bully to help for an early 3D deductive reasoning game (Apple apparently scored big and donated a mess of computers to our classrooms -- special desks and all)

That was when I learned that if you can figure out how to work with the bully for mutual gain that you can team up and both come out ahead. Good life lesson for once.

Anybody else in the program have periodic headaches that coincide with a psychedelic colored "floaters" that obscure your vision?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

specifically tv's? this is too fucking weird. what do they know? I could hear the noise for the record.

>Anyone ever ask you if you can hear the high pitched noise tv's made even while turned off? I always thought this was a very weird question.

Yes i do. and when I did, they told me it was the capacitors humming while they discharged. I distinctly remember that.

I did while I was in the program in elementary school, but it stopped after I left the program in middle school. It's interesting that you bring this up user, I had almost entirely forgotten that I experienced this nearly every day of my youth

This another schizo containment general?

I have floaters but no, not headaches.

>Ozark Trail

Oregon Trail, it was like the only game they had at school circa '89, '90. Probably would be banned now. It has guns and shooting.

>I think it is because one time I ran away after my mom molly whopped me for spilling her coke and ended up at the public library.

Is this some kind of a drug reference?

Everyone has floaters retard.

The flyback transformers in CRTs have a resonance up in the 15kHz region, which a lot of people, especially adults, can't hear well. It was absolute hell just turning the corner to walk down toward the computer lab.

t. audiologist tested thinks I'm some kind of hearing wonderman even though I can't even hear the shape of the room I'm in anymore

Sony published some interesting research indicating hypersonic tendencies out to about 130kHz that operate through an entirely different neural pathway -- think about reacting from a loud noise before you realize what it is you just heard.

They've never stopped for me. I get about one a year. Always puts me on my ass for about 24 hours.