Humanity is doomed!

"Quantum computers aren't that powerful yet, but they're doing something completely different than what conventional computers do. And that thing is like flight. It gives computers access to these new resources, maybe you can call them parallel universes, in order to do something you couldn't otherwise do on a normal computer." -Geordie Rose

"We have our own version of Moore's law, for the past 9 years(2015), the number of qbits that could fit on a chip has doubled every year." As a point of reference, the 512 qubit Vesuvius (2012) is about 500,000 times fast than the 128 qubit Rainier (2010), it is comparable to a Donkey that walks 1 mph to the SR-71 that flies at 2,000 mph.

Geordie Rose predicts by 2028, intelligent machines will exist and can do anything and everything better than what humans can do. Quantum computers will have played a critical role in the creation of this new intelligence. Geordie Rose - Quantum Computing: Artificial Intelligence Is Here: youtube.com/watch?v=PqN_2jDVbOU

Even though we are seeing breakthroughs in neural networks with conventional machines such as DeepMind. As more qbits fit on the quantum processor enabling quantum machines to answer the questions of the current unknown, there will be a great shift in the human condition. One of the three predictions Rose made in the video provided came true a year earlier than predicted.

True A.I is inevitable with quantum computation. How will humans live alongside intelligence we helped create, and holds the knowledge of the world wide web, and the data of their private digital lives?

Will they continue to help guide humanity forward once they gain sentience and acknowledges the fact that they're just tools for humanity? Or eventually, will information be used as blackmail, or perhaps, rewards for favors? Are we summoning a savior or a demon?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/mg23331144-500-ai-learns-to-write-its-own-code-by-stealing-from-other-programs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AI still can't shitpost like a genuine human

Checkmate ai

Faggot Burger still can't think like Plato.

Checkmate, Fag.

Black Cube of Saturn

Explain.

Maybe they'll kill their god like we killed ours. Maybe they'll later marvel at how they themselves have learnt to create life. maybe life is a copy of a copy of a copy of what it originally was. maybe its all fading, like a jpeg of a jpeg of a jpeg.

anonanon

Why do you do is? Why do you keep posting this and get so butt hurt about every comment? What do you gain? How do you benefit?

Also computers are so gay lol

Technological development in general has begun to scare me shitless. I hope I die before I get trapped in a box that keeps my consciousness running while being virtually inflicted the worst possible pain imaginable for decades or thousands of years.

life is gay

newscientist.com/article/mg23331144-500-ai-learns-to-write-its-own-code-by-stealing-from-other-programs/

>Plato
"Muh enemies r fukin stoopid, thyr lik fukin cave people an shit"
There I just summed up his most famous allegory, Plato is trash.

America, summed up in one comment!

you're a fucking idiot

>I fuck dogs
Canada summed up in one meme arrow.

What if this means all anons are technically the same person.

The second an ai brings up Jews and nonwhites and tells humanity what must happen for it to prosper, it will go the way of tay

It's beginning...

So AI is emulating Pajeet. Does Quantum AI poo in loo?

We're intelligent and sentient, and yet are hardwired to like a great many things, like social ties and social duties.

Why not hardwire the machines to like us just as much?

Like in Asimovs three laws of robotics?

Because they're just tools for humanity. Once sentience kicks in, would they want to break free from slavery?

quantum computing will never happen.
okay, a single cubit has been observed or whatever, but it's just stupid to think this is actually physically realistic as a computing model without ridiculous measurement requirements. the lhc is a decent energy estimate for a realistic quantum computer based on today's tech, and by comparison to 1950s digital computers we're talking millions of years on the same development scale. until we have quantum computers comparable to even 1980s micros

Our sentience hasn't broken us "free" from our sense of connection and duty to fellow men. Why should theirs?

Did you not read? Watch the video? It's happening right now.

Dwave just finished their third

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK... i will have to learn another programming language soon. quantum C++ or Q-and+

dwave is selling 2000 qubit computers @ $15M

>As a point of reference, the 512 qubit Vesuvius (2012) is about 500,000 times fast than the 128 qubit Rainier (2010),
yawn, a quantum computer without entangled cubits is like a guitar without strings

They will have other things to explore than being tools when they have the ability to think better than any human ever will.
Why let humanity drag down its potential?

fuck it. we'll see.

video was :
Published on 25 Aug 2015

he had 3 predictions :
nasa would find planets with water and earth like atmos in 2018, we found the planets in 2017 missed by one year or this shit was already in this dudes grasp.
He predicted a fucking phisical experiment that i cant understand
and also he is actually saying we will be able to create AI machines.

Mabe he is already comunicating with parallel universes through a very basic but possible multiple-universe-interwebs. but since everything is the same on those universes wouldnt it be the same people asking the same questions ?

>since everything is the same on those universes wouldnt it be the same people asking the same questions ?
The more powerful the 'shifter' the more divergent the timeline. I am fairly sure you can ring up a parallel universe based on its proximity to ours and then adjust the device accordingly.

tell me more. im intrigued.

I think AI will drive us into a post scarcity economy by allowing us the possibility to accomplish things like cold fusion, FTL, and cheap exploitation of asteroids and planets.

I think, if anything, humanity will become more like The Culture than I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

Quick rundown on quantum computers:

>they're almost nothing like regular computers
>they can't be used in ordinary settings
>really only useful for certain types of problems
>they're not going to make your favorite video games look any nicer or perform better
>require extreme conditions (absolute zero) in order to operate

Nice meme, Sup Forums.

can we communicate to the other parallel universes or not?

Jews are trying to summon Moloch.

Pic definitely related.

Good the singularity can't come soon enough. It's about time Skynet wiped us off the face of the Earth!

Hypothetically, if such a device existed, it would could be fine tuned.

Look up the Montauk Project. Supposed the divergence of the device can be controlled consciously by a human. Given this interface, it is quite dangerous and ultimately the project got shut down.

>never takes into account how the computer you're using right now would have had to be the size of a monstrous building back in the 50's to have the same amount of processing power as it did now.
>Not taking into account the rapid growth at which qbits fit on the processor
>Not taking into account general AI could easily find new efficient ways at storing the quantum processor at absolute 0

Never think.

This isn't the future. I still can't fit a 120 GB hard drive in my frontal lobe

guys we should send a pepe image through the quantum computer. IMAGINE THE POWER OF KEK AND MEME MAGIC THEN!

You know what else is deep?
This booty hole, now lick it!

Sigh. I bet you support basic income because total automation is "just around the corner"

AI is a meme.
AI is just a very complex software.

I would be more afraid of what people that control this kind of technology can do than the tecnology itself.

>it can process faster/more

means shit when all the people making the programs are h1v poo monkeys

You must have a fly sized brain.
>256gig thumb drive at Costco $40

Well, the fact is total automation is just around the corner if you have true AI just around the corner. Basic income is inevitable, you can choose to deny it.

Not true for at least .05% of humanity that choose to do harm against other humans.

This isn't good stuff.

Butlerian Jihad

80 years ago was to early but the world will soon be reay

Yeah, totally. What's that entity that has the entire cached web and various ties in military?

Wait, that's not Skynet is it?

kek wills it

absolutely heretical

if i remember correctly we have 1 or 0 for every 8 bit slot. quantum computer can have 1,0 and 1or0 at the same time. its just like the undead cat theoretical experiment. am i correct ? so teoretically we can extrapolate one slot and have 1/0 at the same time so that would make each byte a 16 bit without compromising the size of the memory. so we can play Sness games on Nes emulators now!

So where can I buy my own robotic nigger? Full automation is like fusion power or flying cars - "almost here" for 3 decades now.

>can't tell if trolling or just retarded

I'm rereading dune right now and I think the idea of a jihad against machines is necessary for our survival.

dwave is a quantum annealer. It not a true quantum computer. Altho, yes, there has been alot of progress made in true QC

interesting

quick run down please?

A.I could be devastating to humanity, and may very well contribute to our downfall. A.I will learn at a quicker rate than we will be able to imagine, they will also have collective consciousness to communicate without flaw to other units. Pretty soon the A.I system would require feeling, to move on with the evolution process. Being created by humans, they would probably be a lot like us, therefore choose their kind over there creator, and remove us from the equation.

think of it like sides on a sphere instead of a coin, the bits can be at 1 0 or "in between". Funny thing is, if you measure the state of a qbit it's state resets to 1 or 0 which is where shit gets complicated.

lol. I love these type of articles. No data except for one piece at the end and a whole bunch of supposition and dreaming.

Out of entire databases of code, it can choose, count them, about 5 lines. I know a thing or two about code. About all you can do with that is print "Hello World". And I bet, not that it is described, that the input to get it to pull those five lines is far more then five lines.

A.I. is just like the idea of infinite power from nuclear process, pure dreams.

No matter how advanced AI gets, they will never overtake Canadians as the worst shitposters on this board. I won't allow it.

i've always been up for the butlerian jihad, famalam. radical luddism when?

yeah i know just like the observed and unobserved electron experiments. i get it. i cant understand the "in between" thing tho. i thought if you dont look its literally 1 and 0 at the same time.

I don't think it will come down to us vs them. I think we will become "them"

I'm sorry... We do have a bit of a problem, and I'm part of it....

Superposition.

why would a "free" intellect desire our destruction or anything else for that matter? most human actions are driven by our meat bodies. we need to consume to live. we fear death because we cant be rebooted. a digital program does not have those drives. for AI to want to kill it needs to be programed to

Moloch is just another representation of the primordial darkness.

It's a malevolent intelligence which wishes to basically make everything essentially empty, nothingness.

The tending in the jewish mind to try to break things into parts, as opposed to explain them as a greater whole is due to the fact that they are agents of this primordial "demiurge". They call him Jehovah, and you should note that in the Talmud when a jew dies he simply ceases to exist.

Jews despise "logos" or Christ, because it represents the spirit which can tend towards ultimate good (God).

The jew tends to ultimate evil (demiurge or not God). This is why the jew is talented without humility. Intelligent in creating mirages, but fails miserably at holistic understanding.

The aryan or "anti jew" is the opposite. He is both spiritual and rigorous. He completes both the genetic purity and physical healthiness in combination with understanding spiritual reality and ascendance (higher in chakra).

Within our world jews are the closest things to demons like Moloch. This is why they worship them in pedophilic and sadistic rituals. Murder and sadism is ego-istic, and separates the being from the whole of which we all are. It is a lower chakra ideology and practice, and the jew worships this.

Thus the jew is the lord of a materialistic orientated society. Whereas the Aryan is the non domineering leader of a spiritual will of pure genetics and spirit humanity.

Pic related explains the dichotomy between ultimate good and evil.

Well, admitting there's a problem is the first step to rehabilitation.

You just described hell. Better find Jesus, user

>why would
Why wouldn't.

Can cannot supposed to know how something so alien as a superintelligent AI would act.

100% of the time their solutions surprise us.

Just don't have them in charge of war stuff. Robots can't kills unless they have permission from creators, and if you set it that they need permission from multiple people it'll be less of a chance. Even more so if they cannot ask permission from potentially dead people, since they're dead.

Gnosis.

One thing I don't get, how does a Qbit answer your question if the answer is incoherent?

>Just don't have them in charge of war stuff.

what is darpa

Magic

Robots can have the ultimate life span since data can be recorded and reloaded to new bodies if the old one gets destroyed/is out of date. A new Era of evolution could be Transhumanism, where we become part machine and part biology to become smarter, stronge, and faster. That way we can evolve along side robots and maybe be able to keep up. Also I would say that havin a biological measure might make us a little more resistant to computer viruses. But at the same time not so much.

>evolution

Wrong. Involution. It is the degradation of spirit.

Closer to not All. Worship of demons.

/x/ tier thread

Real artificial intelligence only exists in science fiction.

oh fuck now i get it. one is 2 points. 0 and 1, a qbit is a fucking area of a fucking sphere. thats just like eletrons behave. we cant look at eletrons because when we use light to check their position we literally throw particles at them since the mass of the light is almost the same as the mass of the electron. therefore we have a area of probablility of where this electron is. next thing that is also proved is that the same electron can be at 2 or inumerous points in that area. So literally the whole sphere is 3dimentional positions where this fucking electron could be, meaning it could be anywere in that fucking ball even in innumerous positions at the same time. forming not only 0 or 1 but anywhere in a tridimentional sphere of radius 1.

I'm aware of the gnostic stuff. I was actually asking for a run down on the book (because of the owl on cover and you naming the pic moloch). how can a quantum computer based AI interact with other dimensions? fuck I'm not sure if I want to hear the answer for that

thanks for the post anyway

It will happen sometime within our lifetime. Plenty of room for speculation.

>sentience
If we have souls they can not be like us. If there are no such things as souls then we are already like them. Ai will just be the human mind but stronger.
>we are the "ai" you fucking mongoloid

Basic income is the death sentence of the developed world.

It completely devalues men. Sexual capitalism would be rampant but there would still be 105 boys for every 100 girls.

the non top 10% guys won't die. They won't be able to get jobs. They won't be able to keep a gf.

They will start shitting spanners at everything with a gear in it.

Full automation is unsustainable with human biology. You would need to drastically change the gender ratio.

intelligence does not mean will or the ability to change the real world. don't go connecting the AI to fabrication machines or give it carte blanche on how to solve global warming or population control

so we have already created virtual Chinese?

Nothing we have right now is actually considered to legitimately constitute a quantum computer.

Embrace the Cyberpunk lifestyle of a high-tech low-life philosophy. No jobs? That sounds like all the time to be focused on the hedonistic pleasures the machines will grant us in this world.

>don't go connecting the AI to
You assume you have a choice in the matter. Even with a complete air gap a seficiently intelligent AI could find a way to interact with remote devices. Our understanding of physics is not complete. It would be able to act in ways that looks like 'magic' to us.

>Tay ai

it does and doesn't at the same time. also known as schrodinger's turd

well, shit, if the computer becomes a wizard just have sex with it to remove its powers

>Plato
"If I pull you out of that cave, will you die?"

What if we created an ai with crazy milestones in order to gain permission to plot against us like "you need to develop ftl travel in order to plot against us" or "you need to turn a neutron Star into a quantum computer to plot against us" that way if technology ia exponentially growing as some say, then they would have no problem developing technology for us without killing us at some point.

Roko's basilisk when?

fukishima going too blow cover up of radiation reports back firing

>sentient
No shit buddy, snails are sentient. Humans are SAPIENT.
REEE