Which types of architecture are degenerate and which are inspiring?

Which types of architecture are degenerate and which are inspiring?

Other urls found in this thread:

swampland.time.com/2011/05/13/the-gops-godless-philosopher/
alternet.org/culture/how-ayn-rand-helped-turn-us-selfish-greedy-nation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

functional is the only non degenerate form

Everything is inspiring except modernism and brutalism

objectivism is terrible and lead to the bush administration

its a good stepping stone though im glad i found it and got out early.

Atlas Shrugged is still a good read, and redpilled as fuck. I carry a rearden steel switchblade.

How bout u do wat u want and stop looking for validation from a bunch of NEETS

>objectivism is terrible and lead to the bush administration

"My nigga."

you can argue whatever you want, but our perceptions are far from capable of touching on TRUE REALITY. It is a beautiful philosophy of no uses to our species. Ayn Rand just wanted an easy worldview so she could focus on getting rich dick.

laugh at the digits

>our perceptions are far from capable of touching on TRUE REALITY
People who have jobs don't say this stupid shit.

i think the laughter was more at linking Bush to Ayn Rand. That one needs some elaboration, for me at least

elon musk

>objectivism is terrible and lead to the bush administration

kek

>Objectivism is hard atheist
>bush basically believes god asked him to lead the country

kek

i thought you hit peak stupid with the mere insinuation that the bush years, in any way, can be coherently linked to any aspect of rand's personal philosophies.

but then you posted that, and you took the stupid to new heights. you're like a dumbassonaut, exploring the edges of the known stupid-verse.

swampland.time.com/2011/05/13/the-gops-godless-philosopher/

alternet.org/culture/how-ayn-rand-helped-turn-us-selfish-greedy-nation

ect ect

yall underage

I really like art deco

>Walmart super centers aren't degenerate

Functional Futurism is the only correct option from here on out

All previous architectural works should still be considered as inspiring to show the progress humanity has made to get to this point, but they are (from this point on) degenerate and defunct

A R T D E C O

It's not objectivism that is terrible, it's the willingness of idiotic people to put all of their ideological eggs in one basket instead of taking the smart approach and looking to methods of testing each philosophy/ideology and using what works from each system of thought.

i concur. That is part of what I was trying to express in its obsession with singular truth leads it in this direction.

Lets lets people talk about architecture though beacuse this world needs to grow again.

I've always felt gothic architecture was the most degenerate.
It conveys a sense of dread and malcontent which I don't like to feel in art.

Nice. What's the name and origin of this structure?

Chicago is perhaps america's most beautiful city though, and also its most Gothic. It is very oppressive though, I wonder how much the feeling of darkness in their architecture is contributing to the chiraq meme right now though.

Possibly a lot. The Sistine Chapels construction inspired a lot of artists of the time with its uplifting and righteous design.

Architecture has more of an effect on people than we think.

I wonder if we could build highways like chapels.

Chicago just has a very efficient design. Easy to get in and out of the suburbs, everything is right turns, though parts of the city have pushed these borders in over time. Compared to anywhere in LA, Florida or the Bay it was incredibly easier to get around, i feel like i didnt have to even learn to drive before I left that area.

I bet Florida being overly terraformed is part of why everyone there is crazy. ( That and being a giant drug port, I suppose.)

I live in Fl and was just thinking yesterday that Fl is way overdeveloped. I was even comparing it to my sanity.

In the future, stay out of my head please.

Also I believe architecture should in some way reflect the areas personality where it is built while paying homge to the materials used to build it in some way.