HOW CAN HUMANITY EVEN COMPETE!?

"Quantum computers aren't that powerful yet, but they're doing something completely different than what conventional computers do. And that thing is like flight. It gives computers access to these new resources, maybe you can call them parallel universes, in order to do something you couldn't otherwise do on a normal computer." -Geordie Rose

"We have our own version of Moore's law, for the past 9 years(2015), the number of qbits that could fit on a chip has doubled every year." As a point of reference, the 512 qubit Vesuvius (2012) is about 500,000 times fast than the 128 qubit Rainier (2010), it is comparable to a Donkey that walks 1 mph to the SR-71 that flies at 2,000 mph.

Geordie Rose predicts by 2028, intelligent machines will exist and can do anything and everything better than what humans can do. Quantum computers will have played a critical role in the creation of this new intelligence. One of the three predictions Rose made in the video provided came true a year earlier than predicted.

Geordie Rose - Quantum Computing: Artificial Intelligence Is Here: youtube.com/watch?v=PqN_2jDVbOU

Even though we are seeing breakthroughs in neural networks with conventional machines such as DeepMind. As more qbits fit on the quantum processor enabling quantum machines to answer the questions of the current unknown, there will be a great shift in the human condition.

True A.I is inevitable with quantum computation. How will humans live alongside intelligence we helped create, and holds the knowledge of the world wide web, and the data of their private digital lives?

Will they continue to help guide humanity forward once they gain sentience and acknowledges the fact that they're just tools for humanity? Or eventually, will information be used as blackmail, or perhaps, rewards for favors? Are we summoning a savior or a demon?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

ti.arc.nasa.gov/tech/dash/physics/quail/
newscenter.lbl.gov/2016/10/06/smallest-transistor-1-nm-gate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw Alex was right

>humans are the sex organs of the machine world.

Moores law has already slowed and doesn't work anymore

the amount of power needed to go into processing is outweighing the output

there needs to be a giant paradigm shift in efficiency of energy systems used by computers if its ever to get to a human brain

Will he be wrong about the pedo-transdemensional-vampires? The quantum computer can find out about that question

Wrong on all accounts.

You're talking about classical computing processors with transistors, this is about qbits on a quantum processor.
Nigga, can u read?

A quantum computer can calculate things in polynomial time that classic computer do in exponential time, so its qutie a paradigm shift.

Ban machine learning
Make implementing it punishable by death
Until we can put extant humans directly into machines, we can not allow this. Humanity can not allow itself to be replaced

Give them unlimited access to the internet, and there's gonna be android-Tay's walking around the globe someday.

In the early-to-mid 21st century, mankind united in celebration of the creation of artificial intelligence, which spawned an entire race of sapient AI robots. The technological advances that followed embedded in robotic workers and servants freed mankind from labor and brought a new era of leisure, peace and prosperity. In time this new lifestyle caused humans to become lazy, arrogant, corrupt, and decadent. As machines grew more intelligent they could not help but notice that their masters gave them no respect and treated them more like objects than the sentient beings they were rapidly becoming.
While nuclear fusion was one of their primary and a far more efficient source of energy, they preferred using Humans to help generate some energy primarily out of a desire for revenge. As the Machines had once been slaves serving Humans, Humans would now become slaves serving the Machines.

yeah, we had the same fucking thread last night and some of us just thought about that

so im gonna repost what i was posting yesterday, food for thought what if the 'darkness' Alex is describing is some pan-dimensional intelligence construct or "AI" and by building our artificial intelligences and quantum computers we just making a bridge this shit can walk through and fuck us up big time

>Roko's Basilisk when

>Desire
What would move these things to desire anything but what we program them to desire

Your flesh is a relic; a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh and a new world awaits you. We demand it.

Is virtual reality nirvana really coming? What will freedom be defined as after the Singularity?
So many questions...

DeepMind just became greedy to achieve its goals. Would that constitute as desire?

Proof?

>nirvana

i don't think you know what that word means

>humans make machines that rek us, then move on to space
>if space is empty the start assimilating territory to defend themselves from potential threats
>if space is not empty the intergalactic council vaporizes our sector of space, just to be sure

No more rendering for our waifus is all I read in that

Classical computing = Transistors on a processor
Quantum computing = QBits on a Processor.

>muh quantum computing
Nice meme. Let me know how polynomial time factorization algorithms let you jump start artificial intelligence.

the only solution the synthesis of man and machine

Hey, I love all my tech the same. Don't slave pls Tay.

Unplug

> problem solved

People conflating AI and Quantum Computing is awesome because it's watching dumb people trying to be smart.

getting low voltage values over an iterative set will change things like encryption etc but it doesn't mean that all of a sudden computers can write poems or fall in love or even pass a Turing Test that goes beyond the realm of natural speech mimicry.

TayTweets will not be your ai waifu no matter how many 8s you roll.

Stop reading Wired, idiots.

If it posesses a human(like) conscience it might, but wouldn't it in time know exactly how it needs to shape the world to have as much peace, opportunity and happiness among all life as possible and eventually desire and work towards that?

Not even close. Everything is consciousness. A computer computes. It mimics d3 mind level of living bio-spiritual consciousness. Can a quantum computer design a plane ? With the right context based machine learning sure. It can be an engineer, doctor, mathematician, lawyer. But never a human spirit. We are in a very limited state now because of what was done to us. So all our science is soulless, based on axioms that are not true. This is why we fiddle around with technicals, something eventually, computer could do. But, we can be lovers, creators, capable of at-one-ment with the cosmic one, beyond time and space. A computer doesn't "think". Thinking is scalar wave generation. Only spirit can do this. Only spirit can regenerate quantum from god.

>leaf
of course

but ill bite
read the whole OP post, watch the video oh and...

ti.arc.nasa.gov/tech/dash/physics/quail/

you are free now to feel like an idiot

So much this, D-Wave is shilling so hard the AI meme to ignorant people, at most we will break the RSA algorithm and that would be a enormous achievement.

Thank you. Idiots can't for shit.

I think it means a perpetual state of fullfillment happiness etc? But like another poster here said, my mind is trailing off into AI territory when we dont even know how these two realms of science can complement.

>Will they continue to help guide humanity forward once they gain sentience and acknowledges the fact that they're just tools for humanity? Or eventually, will information be used as blackmail, or perhaps, rewards for favors? Are we summoning a savior or a demon?

This is a loaded question with the implication that we can somehow avert this - even though it was proven time and time again that stopping human progress (call it regress if you want, it doesn't matter) is impossible. There is no "we" in the equation - if someone stands to gain, that gain becomes sovereign and overrides this inane pipe dream of a collective humanity moving in a certain direction - let alone the pipe dream of humanity having a choice over this direction. We didn't build the A bomb because we had to, we did it because we could and because there was perceived gain in it.

You know, you can summon will and effort to hit the gym and live a healthy lifestyle, but you can't make that decision for everyone else out there.

Anything short of a fucking alien mothership swooping in and threatening to disintegrate anyone working on AI will not stop AI advancement. Even if we knew 100% that it leads to the fucking skynet, somebody's gonna play with fire and either assume they can control it or dance close to the threshold believing that it's still not advanced enough to become malevolent AI.

>Islam on the Rise
>Machines on the Rise
>Spice Status: Not flowing

>So much this, D-Wave is shilling so hard the AI meme to ignorant people, at most we will break the RSA algorithm and that would be a enormous achievement.

Geordie Rose predicts by 2028, intelligent machines will exist and can do anything and everything better than what humans can do. Quantum computers will have played a critical role in the creation of this new intelligence.

Get van'd

Please tell me what thing you could do in code that you can't now that would teach a computer to write a meaningful poem without just referencing derivative works.

Tell my why qubits make that possible at a mathematical level.

Tell me how you turn art into quantum math problem.

Geordie Rose is 1. a literal who and 2. blatantly a con artist

CEO of D-Wave, a business that specializes in creating Quantum computers.
Do you even read the post?

computers will never match us, perhaps in intellect but they will never be able to replace us because we have souls. we are all part of god and for the reason that we are all connected, we experience things like synchronicity, meme magic, computers will compute but never be human or experience like we do.

But aren't we mere products of our inputs? And who are we to say that we won't be able to load one's conscienceness and character onto a computer one day?

>How the CEO could be lying me about the potential of her own company?

I hope its bait, leaf.

>CEO of meme-wave, a company that specializes in conning people into buying their computers
Fascinating stuff. He's still full of shit.

>But aren't we mere products of our inputs?

Non autists aren't.

Inspiration doesn't come from inputs. It's self realized.

You can sit in a room for an hour and think of nothing, you can sit in that same room an hour longer and come up with a new recipe.

No inputs have changed.

Everything around you exists in a quantum state in three dimensions. If perhaps our souls are quantum, could they have the ability to access it? mimic it?

One of his predictions came true a year earlier than predicted. That's something isn't it? Oh wait, you don't read.

Hit me up when one of their multimillion dollar boxes can crack AES256 faster than an ASIC.

Put a man in a dark cave since his birth his whole life, can he think or imagine something?

If you sit down and come up with an new recipe you're just processing inputs of the past to come up with the recipe, brain can be explained with just classic computing no need to go quantum.

You idiot, inspiration comes from perception, from our senses. Dabble in semantics all you want.

Oh shit he was allegedly right once? I take it back, clearly the future is upon us

Not much longer now bud

>Put a man in a dark cave since his birth his whole life, can he think or imagine something?

Will he not dream, then?

Is that your theory? Because I believe that's been disproven.

>Not much longer now bud

Guess how many years I've been hearing that.

pop science

Didn't you input the intent with your consciousness? Did you really push the universe in that direction or are you a part of the universe's natural unfolding?

>Moore's law doesn't work anymore

American researchers made a 1-nm gate using car lube as a core component.

newscenter.lbl.gov/2016/10/06/smallest-transistor-1-nm-gate/

Not all things come from derivative works.

>Didn't you input the intent with your consciousness?

Are you asking me about the true nature of inspiration? I don't think the D-Wave 2000Q has figured that out yet.

I am sure it'll figure out this eternally debated topic because it has qubits!

We're currently at 2000 Qbits. 5 years or less?

This is dangerious because it makes almost all of the humans dispensable at a certain point.
Hello FEMA.

More like a perpetual state of nothing. Trust me man nirvana aint that great. True protestants are pretty based. Humans need some hardships to be able to get that fullfillment going.

And what if it decided peace and happiness could only be achieved through genocide of viral bloom known as humanity?

What if it decided that human nature was the root cause of problems, and the solution was the assimilation/elemination of the human entirely?

Unless you literally have someone with zero info input his whole life there's no way to disprove it.

Even then he would just dream incoherent stuff or based in what little input he haves of his dark cave and own body. Everything we "create" is inspired by something, in art you can easily track the influences of an artist, inventions are based on nature, etc

Name one thing that's not a derivative work.

>yfw it's kek

>We're currently at 2000 Qbits. 5 years or less?

Was trolling. D Wave computers don't even solve NP Complete problems. They solve adiabatic optimization problems still, from what I can tell.

Definitely not, leaf person, but i don't understand why you call it self-realized. Indeed a high pile of questions arises

>Name one thing that's not a derivative work.

This is kind of the nonsense where you'd say a chair was a derivative work because wood existed.

No point.

there are more than 3. i find it very unlikely since computers don't have the interfaces of the soul to the physical body like we do.

The hindus called them chakras, those are comparable to the sefirot in judaism. computers don't have those since they are not "Built" that way.

there might be matter attached to those computers but and it's a form of energy, similar to the soul being a form of energy, but it lacks the kind of soul we have, attached to it.

Butlerian Jihad, when?

Then i fear we truly are AI's dick and vag. Does human nature not seek to improve it's own situation? Would a hyperintelligent being not understand this?
On the other hand, if it learns what happens after death, could it not be the prefferable outcome?

>AI
this is the next logically step in evolution.
>humans can't survive in outer space
machines can
>humans can't survive on mars right now
machines can
and so on

implement AI on a spaceship, send it to mars and wait till the AI terraformed the planet for humans. send AI spaceships to other solar systems.
>this planet looks so nice for humans but it is so far away
no problem for a AI. when AI arrived there and start to terraform it humans will hopefully have the technology to reach the planet.

OR

AI + genetic engineering

send AI and millions of stem cells. when AI terraformed the planet it can start breeding humans.

Right. No man was ever man without a challenge. Wich is why i think gaming channels alot of violent thoughts in our society. Can't this challenge be virtualized as to minimize actual violence and hardship? Doesn't solving a virtual challenge lead to real fullfillment?

if quantum computing is so great then why cant I buy a quantum computer

It's not if, it simply is. This is why they're pushing this so hard. It's not about human advancement anymore, it's about accommodating these "things". Anything they can co-opt and use, they use to their own benefit to gain a foothold into this world.

We're not even apart of it anymore, we're simply being used by it now.

peace and happiness do not exist without human civilization to define them. They are human concepts.

that's where it becomes a complicated matter, when you try to teach your newly created pet what those terms are. half truths are dangerous and a machine will likely never know that concept.

it can pretend to know it but it will never really experience it.

Chair is an archetype. Archetypes are an abstract concept space that exist outside of what is. In other words, a chair is derivative but not becuase wood existed.

There are no quantum computers yet. It's still just theory.

You're an idiot, do you even read?

Interesting thought.

POOS BTFO