How does it work to be a Republican atheist? Does that even really exist? So, what...

How does it work to be a Republican atheist? Does that even really exist? So, what, do they hate gays just because rather than because God hates them?

>republicans hate gays
wrong.
we love them, we just want to cure them, with electricity.

Let this thread slide

To have a fedora on top of our cowboy hats. Also nice b8 m8 it's a 0/8

>tfw i will never have a handsome republican husbando who "cures" me nightly with electricity and his big hard cock

why even live?

You recognize that people are animals.God, whether or not he exists, won't save you. Traditions allow for a stable society and completion increases the amount of progress a civilization can make. Anyone who says you can't be a right wing atheist isn't an atheist, they are worshippers of the state. They will attempt to dissuade you by stating they care about people developing altruistic traits, when in reality no human is truly altriustic. Theists act good to receive a ticket to heaven, and atheists act good because cooperation is in their best interest. Division of labor allows you to spend less time worrying whether you're going to survive or not.

Not a shred of pathological altruism in me is how it works.

>Leftist can't be Athiest.
Their god is the State.

I'm non religious and I hate faggots just because their disgusting degenerate scum. I like traditional values because they give meaning to an inherently meaningless world. I'm not republican though I'm a fascist.

Precisely what I said

>atheists act good because cooperation is in their best interest.
this isn't always the case, what's good for society may not always be what's best for them as individuals.
in a godless universe, where at bottom there is no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, and nothing but blind pitiless indifference, you would think the ultimate goal would be to maximize your own pleasure, self-gratification rather than contribute to the flourishing of a society.
the democratic party would be better in facilitating this, maybe OP is right.

The "Atheists can't be conservative or Republican" is a psyop designed by Leftists to persuade people to join their twisted ideology.

The Buddhist monks in Myanmar who are killing Muslims are atheist and conservative.

>you would think the ultimate goal would be to maximize your own pleasure, self-gratification rather than contribute to the flourishing of a society.

Implying that you don't get the most pleasure from having a flourishing society.

I think that's more a core problem with most conservative beliefs. They don't understand that when people work together they accomplish more.

>Implying that you don't get the most pleasure from having a flourishing society.
i am only implying that that is not always the case, that you can get more pleasure by fucking people over (see pic in earlier post.)

and the earlier statement by the other user:
>Theists act good to receive a ticket to heaven
is false, at least in Christianity, you're told to act good out of love for God, because it's the right thing to do, and there is an objective basis to point toward to ground this in.
not fear of damnation or promise of paradise.

the atheist worldview is devoid of that, if an atheist has the opportunity to steal or cheat in order to help himself out, and it's a certainty he won't get caught, there is no rational reason not to do it.

Quite.
Kind of the succinct headline way of stating it.

Actually I think conservatives would fare far better if they dropped the religion shit, and instead focused solely on science.

Right now the view of right-wingers is that they are un-scientific because many of them are religious. Instead, right-wingers should be promoting science like racial realism

Even with the small sacrifices made during cooperation, you still have a far greater level of security and freedom than you would under the basic rules of the jungle. And more often than not a flourishing society provides far more ablities and opputunities to indulge ones primal urges as well as support ones self-gratification.

Reminder that the one who cares about "le facts and evidence" is the agnostic, as there is no proof that God doesn't exist

Plus there is evidence that the 10 plagues in the book of Exodus that the 10 plagues happened, which have scientific explanations, so atheists are cuck faggots who just want to be edgy

>they are un-scientific because many of them are religious
there is no contradiction there, it's you nu-atheists who need to change, not us.
realize science and religion are not in competition with eachother.
you are very small insignificant vocal minority, even though you have massive outreach thanks to people like bill maher.
most of the country is still religious.

>there is no rational reason not to do it.
Other than every reason as to why theft is wrong and harmful.

Apologies for the earlier comment on "a ticket to heaven"
But my main argument that it's still as self centered as atheists actions, you do good because it feels good, and because you aspire to be obedient to the one who created you. You do good because good is what God says it is. The idea of damnation was created by thiests in order to scare those from acting against the societal good, same as the promise of heaven, except it's used as a reward for actions that please god and assist in societal order. Now, every theist ultimately will differ on their reasons for acting in the greater good but based on evidence I see, there seldom is an act of true altruism done by anyone in the world today.

Here's one. AMA

Who writes this shit?
Of course we can.
My interests are not the same as costal big city people's interests.
Simple as that.

will this "trump is a secret atheist" meme die once and for all when his administration repeals the johnson amendment?

I'm """""atheist""""" and Republican. I feel that fiscal responsibility is more important than social issues, which should be voted at a state level.

>trump is a vampire who absorbs the life energy of those who lose his gameshow

I'm not saying this to hate on right-wingers, I'm saying it because it's the only way right-wingers will be able to convince people moving forward.

As long as religion/Christianity is a big part of your ideology, you will always be seen as the anti-science party who believes things based on faith and not reason.

Right-wing parties need to start moving toward scientific justifications for conservatism and nationalism.

Ask the President.

>you can't hate gays without religion

I hate them because they're disgusting and they vote for politically-destructive agendas.

I don't need to justify my dislike for something inherently repellent like homosexuality, however.

>based on faith and not reason.
I come to the belief in Christianity, and have faith in God based on reason.
not some whim, not because it feels good.
faith in Christianity isn't blind faith, we were given proof. (Acts 17:31)
the historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is compelling to anyone without a dogmatic adherence to naturalism.

>Right-wing parties need to start moving toward scientific justifications for conservatism and nationalism.
being religious doesn't stop us from doing that.
this science vs religion conflict does not exist.