Is anyone here actually religious?

Is anyone here actually religious?

I assume most of the religious people are just faggots trolling.

Does anyone here actually believe in a god or gods? Isn't that... well, stupid? There's absolutely zero proof that any sort of god exists.

It's possible to prove that the Christian God does NOT exist. It's actually really easy and doesn't require complete knowledge of the Universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcrZA4xQvu4
epicurus.net/en/principal.html
answering-christianity.com/101_bible_contradictions.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*tip*

how about........we let people believe what they want to

crazy i know

Ill pray for you

some sort of God, sure
I like the morals of (in) Christianity (the Bible)

Europe fucked up by forcing their scholars / monks to undertake life-long celibacy

Im a Zoroastrian, and actually religous.

youtube.com/watch?v=mcrZA4xQvu4

This is all you idiots have, a meme.

Religion has an effect on the way people think and in turn how people create the world, i'm sure you wouldn't say the same about Islam.

>we let people believe what they want to
>I believe vaccines cause autism!
No.

>It's possible to prove that the Christian God does NOT exist.
let's hear it

Unfortunately, we do have a sizable christcuck population ever since moot nuked the board.

pretty embarassing, since Christianity is basically saying "bend over and take it in the ass in this life, and you will be rewarded in heaven". Only a brainwashed cuck could ever follow such a doctrine.

Hopefully as time goes on, more and more of these people will abandon their retarded semitic faiths, and become secular nationalists.

Atheism is a mental disorder and a culture-killing disease. Not politics. Saged, hidden, reported.

>prove a negative
Not my burden of proof, lad.

We have not. It's just LARP faggots who are really dedicated because it's eaesier to post Deus Vult :DD than to actually do something

did you read what i quoted?

also: it's possible to prove a negative.

Kek is real and helping us. You'd be a fool not to worship him

No, anyone who is religious is a degenerate who deserves public execution.

>Degenerate: having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline.

I think you have that backwards, user.

>Is anyone here actually religious?
Yes, you would know that if you weren't a newfag.

>I assume most of the religious people are just faggots trolling.
Confirmed newfag.

>Does anyone here actually believe in a god or gods?
Yes

>Isn't that... well, stupid?
No

>There's absolutely zero proof that any sort of god exists.
There's absolutely zero proof to the contrary, too.

Huh, interesting that such a proof has eluded me then.

>It's actually really easy and doesn't require complete knowledge of the Universe.
Oh mighty newfag, please enlighten us with your magnificent proof that definitely proves the Christian God doesn't exist.

Liberal Christianity is a weak religion. Traditional Christianity is not. It is the basis of our civilization.

slide thread, carry on

here's the real thread m8s

I've pretended to be Christian to troll before and provoke replies from people yeah.

But pretending to be an atheist is so much easier for me, maybe it's because of my narcissistic personality disorder and cynicism that makes getting into character so easily.

>There's absolutely zero proof to the contrary, too.
Lying is a sin LARPfam

>Oh mighty newfag, please enlighten us with your magnificent proof that definitely proves the Christian God doesn't exist
>Key passages of the gospel were cut out one thousand nine hundred and eighty years after christ because we realised they are later forgeries
>Dead sea scrolls contradict both the septuagint AND the Masoretic text
>AS OF 2016 WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE ORIGINAL TEXT OF EITHER THE OLD OR THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS
>YHWE LITERALLY TOO STUPID TO PROTECT HIS BOOK
>Scientific claims of the bible demonstrably false
>countless undeniable contradictions in stuff like numerology, history but also theology and morality
>No evidence for supernatural knowledge of the authors
>biblical claims contradict historical evidence
>undeniable proof of claimed fullfilled prophecies that were completely made up (census)
>Paul believed the second coming of christ would be in his lifetime
>no evidence for the supernatural ever
>materialism sufficiently can explain everything
>evolution
>age of the earth
>no adam and eve as out-of-africa theory is virtually disproven now
Take your pick

I feel that you can believe in the teachings of the new testament as a solid basis on which to live a fulfilled live without having to believe in a deity that has a direct hand in anything. I'm happy to say I have no idea if there is a God how the universe came to be. But you know as much as me fucknuts. How the fuck did something come from nothing?

Maybe we don't want to end up like the 250 million people that atheists killed in the 20th century?

>having to read all that shit when you could just read the principal doctrines of Epicurus
epicurus.net/en/principal.html

As long as you aren't a kike or a mudslime we're fine. Modern Christians are harmless.

Modern christians push for kikery and Islam though

>Lying is a sin LARPfam
Whatever you say, shouldn't you be choking on a mold of Jamal's dick Hans?

>>Key passages of the gospel were cut out one thousand nine hundred and eighty years after christ because we realised they are later forgeries
Maybe in protestantism, whatever the case this did not happen in Orthodox Christianity which is the one true faith anyways :^)

>>Dead sea scrolls contradict both the septuagint AND the Masoretic text
A quick search doesn't reveal anything of the sort, also I don't see why we should give a shit about the (((jewish))) version of the old testament. In fact, the same quick searches reveal, I paraphrase, that "the septuagint is closer to the Dead Sea Scrolls than the Masoretic Text" (note how this does not imply major differences)

>>AS OF 2016 WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE ORIGINAL TEXT OF EITHER THE OLD OR THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS
The Old and New Testaments are collections of books. In Christianity they were standardized at the council of Nicaea, and multiple versions of each text was used. Unless you use a translation, the greek version of the bible is mostly accurate to the originals.

>YHWE LITERALLY TOO STUPID TO PROTECT HIS BOOK
Reminder this is Christianity, not Islam. We don't claim God is going to protect the contents of the book himself; that is, in fact, our job.

>Scientific claims of the bible demonstrably false
Hmm, interesting how you don't mention any to prove your point and instead decide to continue with your babbling. Then again, I'm quite sure you're going to pick something that is meant to be taken metaphorically and that anyone with 3 neurons would understand is to be taken so, but then when I point that out you are going to be sperging out something about reinterpreting the bible, despite early Christians like Origen and St Augustine of Hippo pointing the same thing out.

(cont)

I believe we should replace religion with science: you can separate races as subspecies, push the traditional way of live as natural, and consider anti-natural many of the retarded things going on right now (lgtb,...),...

>There's absolutely zero proof that any sort of god exists

Of course there's no "physical" proof that god exist,all beliefs are based on faith, a concept that relies solely on the idea that "He" exists.

If one has to prove its existence this will probably not be through human understanding.

>Of course there's no "physical" proof that god exist
There's video evidence of Kek manifesting.

I can't say there is a god and I doubt I'll ever be convinced until I see him but I am religious.

But the world doesn't work without it. People that try to strip it away just replace it with a new religion.

And usually their new faith is more dogmatic and hateful then the old. See modern liberalism.

>quick searches reveal, I paraphrase, that "the septuagint is closer to the Dead Sea Scrolls than the Masoretic Text
>closer
>A quick search doesn't reveal anything of the sort
Lying is a sin LARPfam

>The Old and New Testaments are collections of books
Yup. And we have no idea what the originals said. That's not a rebuttal LARPfam

>We don't claim God is going to protect the contents of the book himself; that is, in fact, our job
Then you failed at that too. And a God that can't protect his holy book aint worth shit

>interesting how you don't mention any to prove your point
I did with the census. And if you never heard of errors in timelines or numbers in the bible you only proove that you're just a LARPfam LARPfam
answering-christianity.com/101_bible_contradictions.htm

>that anyone with 3 neurons would understand is to be taken so
Jewsus believed it was literal. So did Paul.

>something about reinterpreting the bible
Yup

>despite early Christians like Origen and St Augustine of Hippo pointing the same thing out.
You never read Augustine did you?

>it's actually REALLY easy to prove god doesent exist. So easy, that I won't even post it.
Sage

That's pretty much all you can do

That's right honey. Lock out those evil facts. LARPing is so much easier.
Who is a big crusader boy? Yes you are

>countless undeniable contradictions in stuff like numerology, history but also theology and morality
Again, interesting how you fail to mention any, I would again wager because you are not interested in any substance but rather an appearance of argument, despite lacking any real one.

>No evidence for supernatural knowledge of the authors
I would require for you to expand on several things here, particularly who you mean by "authors" for I have a feeling you have a gross misconception.

>undeniable proof of claimed fullfilled prophecies that were completely made up (census)
Hence why the pharisees who deny Christ have the exact same prophecies in their (((jewish bible))), despite this being possibly one of the biggest motives they'd have to push against the divine nature of Christ.

>Paul believed the second coming of christ would be in his lifetime
And Paul was wrong, alright. Amazing, humans can err, even apostles sometimes.

>no evidence for the supernatural ever
I know where you're trying to hit, I could bring up some things relating to this, but I'm already going to probably fill two posts and I cba to fill a third.

>materialism sufficiently can explain everything
I disagree, it does not sufficiently explain the subjective experience of consciousness.

>evolution
Your point... being what?

>age of the earth
Oh, right, you must think I'm a retarded protestant who bases his understanding of the bible off the understanding of a drunk hippie priest who drank too much bleach when he was little. You're going to strawman me despite the early christians I mentioned who are to the country.

>no adam and eve as out-of-africa theory is virtually disproven now
Origen Adamantius.

Oh god while I was typing out against your retardbabble you've replied, how jolly. (Cont)

Depends on the individual. I used to be a hardcore catholic as a kid bacause I was only doing what they told me to do. As soon as I grew a brain I didn't felt the need to pray to god and as I went higher to school I found other far more reasonable explanations to everything. Now I believe all religions are just bullshit but I don't despise them, I just respect and tolerate them as long as they don't threat our way of live.

by this I mean that the proofs sought are not within the reach of our material world.

the manifestations are real, i have no doubts on that.

OP told us that he had crucial info that would lead to us discarding God. And didn't post it. Saged

Reminder to sage, this thread is inhabited by several instances of individuals exhibiting a terminal case of retardation.
>Lying is a sin LARPfam
Being retarded is a capital offence.

>Yup. And we have no idea what the originals said. That's not a rebuttal LARPfam
If many copies are consulted and changes that are present in only a few are eliminated, how can you say that we have "no idea what the originals said"? It's unlikely all or most of them exhibit the same changes.

>Then you failed at that too. And a God that can't protect his holy book aint worth shit
"We" didn't fail, the greek orthodox bible is correct in every aspect and most Orthodox translations are also correct; the only versions that I've found that butcher the meaning are the (((english))) translations, and I wouldn't be surprised if the (((german))) translations are fucked too.

>LARPfam
*tips fedora* My neurons are literally being euphoric, you have truly shown me.

>I did with the census
Do you even know the definition of census?

census -noun, plural censuses.
1. an official enumeration of the population, with details as to age, sex, occupation, etc.
2. (in ancient Rome) the registration of citizens and their property, for purposes of taxation.

How is this applicable here?

>And if you never heard of errors in timelines or numbers in the bible
I've heard of them, and nearly every time someone has "shown" me one, after a careful reading in multiple languages I ended up at the conclusion that the "debunker" was wrong and had failed to read the whole thing or it was (as appears to be in the case of your link) inconsequential.

>Jewsus believed it was literal.
A guy on the internet claims it so so it must be real.

>Yup
Gotta love how you stopped reading there.

>You never read Augustine did you?
I did, did you?

>interesting how you fail to mention any
I didn't you just ignore the

>particularly who you mean by "authors"
The authors of the bible you mongrel
>for I have a feeling you have a gross misconception
No I think you started leaping into kikestianity from crusader threads and think you're hotshit for figuring out that cuckstains don't claim God wrote them directly

>Hence why the pharisees who deny Christ have the exact same prophecies
Do you just throw in words because you don't even understand what I'm talking about? There was no census in Israel at the time of Jewsus' birth

>Paul was wrong
Yup. Exactly my point
>even apostles sometimes
For someone with divine revelation writing something divinely preserved from error that's kinda embarrassing

>I could bring up some things relating to this
Please not the "prayer makes me feel special" stats. Save yourself the embarrassment

>I disagree, it does not sufficiently explain the subjective experience of consciousness
It does. You being ignorant of it doesn't mean it does not. YOU explain me why changing or brain matter changes our personality and character if we have a magic soul

>Your point... being what?

>Oh, right, you must think I'm a retarded protestant who bases his understanding of the bible off the understanding of a drunk hippie priest who drank too much bleach when he was little. You're going to strawman me despite the early christians I mentioned who are to the country.
No I think you're a LARPfam who learned about religion from Sup Forums. Kikestains who believe in evolution are even more retarded than creationists and more pathetic as they just nod to everything

>Origen Adamantius
>You can be christian without believing in God
Of course you can say yes to everything I say. Look at how many things you already admitted including us not knowing what the original bible even said. You say compatible compatible al over again to save face but the fact remains there is zero reason to belive in YHWE

and endless reason to disprove it. Let me ask you like this:

What evidence WOULD you accept that YHWE is not real?

The modern catholic church is NOT harmless. They are a huge proponent for illegal immigration, and are trying to grasp power by importing congregation. The entire church is dominated by commie shitskins. Just look at the pope. He's a disgrace. They are a huge problem.

OP is JEW trying to destroy Western Culture.

The attack against Christianity is merely ONE of their targets in their war against the White Race.

>Being retarded is a capital offence
Then stop?

>If many copies are consulted and changes that are present in only a few are eliminated, how can you say that we have "no idea what the originals said"? It's unlikely all or most of them exhibit the same changes.
You don't even know what I'm talking about do you?

>the greek orthodox bible is correct in every aspect
It objectively isn't.
>but we count the forgeries and errors as official
Well I'm stumped. Then say it explicitely:
The orthodox bible drastly differs from the originals of the respective books.
Which leads me to repeat my question:
If this doesn't proove to you YHWE doesn't exist what would? We can go any field any study and subject. Why is there so much overwhelming evidence about YHWE not existing and literally zero evidence that he does?

>Do you even know the definition of census?
>How is this applicable here?
Jesus you're the atheistst atheist I've ever seen

>A guy on the internet claims it so so it must be real.
>Don't listen to what the text says look at how I just claim these two contradictionary things don't contradict

>I did, did you?
I did. You didn't

Traditionalist catholic. AMA.

Yes I genuinely believe and am not larping. When i go through period of lukewarm belief I don't leave because Catholicism is literally one of the few things that can save France.

>I genuinely believe
>When i go through period of lukewarm belief I don't leave because Catholicism is literally one of the few things that can save France
>and am not larping
Come on

I took it serious when my grandfather, who was an athiest commie, started going to church EVERYDAY after my grandmother died. He never talked about why he changed, and I took it as hypocritical, but I figured that it's probably a good way to minimize risk in the event that he was wrong.

persian?

I don't believe in religion on anything

>this thread

D-does Hinduism count as a religion?

>better hide what I actually think or people will think poorly of me
So it's not that cuckstainity turns people beta, it's that betas turn to cuckstains.

Where can I buy KeK statues

Yes. Which branch are you following?

>I've decided nothing matters so I better be an insufferable attention-whoring faggot about it

Maybe he's getting something out of being an insufferable attention-whoring faggot

I believe in a Creator, not the Kike Bible.

I'm not an atheist but religion is just a distraction for those who are afraid of their own mortality.

>Byzantine symbol used as Islamic symbol
Stop promoting this.

Forces of light and dark/good and evil exist, dogmatic religion is bullshit. Listen to yourself, believe what you want, do what you think is right and it'll all be alright in the end.

>Hat meme
This is why you retards lost the culture war

I honestly can't take all the degeneracy on Sup Forums anymore.
I'm getting tired of fighting it, spamming truthful pictures and statistics to stop fags/atheists/kikes.
I'm so tired.

>Is anyone here actually religious?

Yes

t. Roman Catholic.

>There's absolutely zero proof that any sort of god exists.

Wrong. You are to lazy or stupid to find it.

I see You are stupid and also lack any propensity for faith. Into the dustbin you put yourself.

>I'm not an atheist but religion is just a distraction for those who are afraid of their own mortality.

Funny. I'm not afraid of death at all.

Look at hans. Getting triggered post by post.

Look, just because the bull fucking your wife right now believes in a god, doesn't mean all religious people are dyndus/mudslimes. Grow some balls and try taking care of your own life before you try telling others what you think is right.

So where is proof of God then user

t. miserable nihilist

>I can't formulate my own will so I use YHWE as proxy
More proof you're a larper
>le meanie stop triggering me
not like i didn't ppredict it

>Wrong. You are to lazy or stupid to find it.
Boy I'm eager to see that

>le
kill yourself

>These bait threads always accumulating to over two hundred replies.
Fucking nu-pol.

>no u
include me in the r/christianity screenshot

The Bible says that the Elohim shaped man from clay, and then breathed life into him.

Today, we take bioscaffolds - made of things like calcium, carbon and silicon, which compose clay - and we inject them with stem cells. We've made organs like this and attached them to living people.

Also, we've created genetically engineered life which is so different from whatever species it was derived from - mice without limbs like snakes, for example - that we can explain evolution as the result of genetic engineering.

Or in other words, Mr. Rational Atheist, we have more evidence of humans being god than we have for evolution. If god was just a very powerful man, everything in the Bible makes sense.

Atheists are complete morons. They are retards who voted for Hitlery. Fuck atheists. I regret having ever been an atheistic sodomite.

Holy shit, finally a red pilled German!

You're still atheist.
>If god was just a very powerful man, everything in the Bible makes sense
So in other words if he's unlike what the bible claims he is or how christians always everywhere believed him to be?
You don't even realise that that's an argument against christianity huh?

>cultural arguments
Yup where it always retorts
>I know kikestianity is bullshit but I like it anyways. It's late here and I'll go to bed. We all know where this heads anyway.

>Also, we've created genetically engineered life which is so different from whatever species it was derived from - mice without limbs like snakes, for example - that we can explain evolution as the result of genetic engineering.
>we have more evidence of humans being god than we have for evolution
Are you so desperate for le YHWE meme that you completely dismiss categories and use words as they fit you now?

Must stink to know that you advertise something you know is bullshit and that that voice of doubt will never go away. Think about all your ideological phases before cuckstain. In 3 years you will cringe at this pretentious cuckery and you know it. It won't get better

Absolutely. Christianity is as dangerous as Judaism and Islam to western civilization. Even more so since the advent of marxist liberation theology. But even without it, they would still act this way.

Triggered evanglical burgers coming in hot!

I am Christian, I am a horrible Christian.
But I always have morals within the Bible always in the back of my mind.

I'm pro-spiritualism but anti-fundamentalism.

I'm a Christian. I was an atheist as a kid. I was convinced by studying Philosophy in University and then doing some self-study of theology and the Bible.

Unfortunately you can't really explain the reasons for Christianity to a person over the internet, because the explanation is simply too vast. It raises many questions that have a variety of satisfactory answers.

But I invite you to consider a few things.

First, belief on the basis of authority is not always unreasonable. I'm sure you believe your doctor when he gives you a diagnosis on something, even if you do not understand the science yourself. For that reason, people who trust religious authorities are not necessarily being unreasonable in forming their beliefs, they are simply trusting others who know better than they do.

This also applies backwards to things like the story of Jesus in the Gospels. We are asked whether or not we wish to believe the historical accounts such as Jesus' death and resurrection, or raising Lazarus from the dead, feeding the five thousand, and so on. You can use reason to assess these claims and ask questions like, what is the likelihood that people were simply lying about what happened? But these aren't questions to be taken lightly, they require actual study and inquiry. Some just choose to believe them, however, because of their trust in the authority figures. This could be a priest, pastor, theologian, or even just a rudimentary level of personal study.

As for logical or rational exercises that can demonstrate the existence of God, the history of philosophy has proposed several of them. In particular the ontological argument and the cosmological argument which remain instructive. But I also find the "fine-tuning" argument interesting even though the anthropic principle is a good counter-argument.

There's also direct personal experience. Many religious people base their beliefs on the experience of prayer, mysticism, or personal revelations.

>But even without it, they would still act this way.
But that was never a thing over 100 years ago

>Makes a claim
>Asked to provide evidence for said claim
>B-but the burden of proof isn't on me to back up the things I say

Yep Catholic
Lents been a work

Try reading the Bible. Regardless of beliefs its a great book on being a good man. If there is no Higher Calling why dont we rob banks and kill scum. A Lion kills to survive, a leopard does the same. If there is no morality we should live like savages.

Wrong. It's what you want to believe.

I think that line of thinking is bull. Religion isn't necessary for morality but very helpful.

That's actually kind of psychopathic, normally people feel sympathy for others and see worth in other humans by observing them.

the first frame is wrong
the guy forcing conversion is a white guy with armor and the people taking conversion are white guys in loincloaths with sticks

When was Christianity dangerous to western civilization?

I do not, since morality is a personal matter why shouldn't I turn everyone I know into meatpies

>Roman Empire
>Age of Colonialism
>Abolishanist movement
>Source of socialism and communism

>i believe all the children of my nation should be given mandatory injections at certain stages of their lives.
Yah, that could never be exploited for nefarious purposes. DO YOU EVEN SEE THE STATE OF THE WORLD? Your best interests are not in mind. A worker class with limited intellect is end goal. dont put anything into your child without thorough research and identifing source of the 'vaccines'. Anything less is negligence

The only non-retarded religions seem to be Buddism and Hinduism

Everything else just seems full of nutter arsewipes that really need to fuck right off of this world

Bait thread. True patricians can openly discuss religion without shitting on any.

You're just furthering the Divide & Conquer agenda.

Only ignorant fags are religious cucks