Canadians, do you want the Red Ensign back?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Cross_flag#Germany
youtube.com/watch?v=stHE8L0S42E
torontosun.com/2017/03/01/majority-of-quebecers-oppose-more-immigration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they do

Well that settles it.

Frankly, anything is better than a leaf.

By the way what is your people's attitude towards the Queen? I know the butchering of the ensign isn't a good sign but are Canadians generally pro-Queen or pro Republican?

Have to consider myself Canadian first.

Naw I want a completely new flag.
This looks like a great flag for Canada

What does it mean to be Canadian, and what race are you?

You've had worse designs.

>What does it mean to be Canadian

Apparently it means to be a post-national state with no identity to spare once you realize you're the descendants of British rule and you figure you don't like that.

Family is mostly Scottish and Irish but I look more German than anything.

What's wrong with the leaf flag?
I always thought it looks rather nice.

How will Canada ever have its own culture except through Britain? It's not a slave/master relationship we had, more like a brotherly one.

>wanting the United Cuckstamp on your flag
>ever

It's wrong because it was an attempt to scrub Canada of its heritage to be appealing to all.

Go home to Poland then.

>Canadians, do you want the Red Ensign back?

Yes.

>How will Canada ever have its own culture except through Britain?

By existing as a separate entity from Britain. it's just going in the direction of a multicultural shithole, exactly like you guys and nearly all of the West.

We tend to forget she exists until she's doing something internationally newsworthy.

I'd say more often than not we're fine with having her as head of state, since she doesn't have much of an effect on our daily lives. At the very least, we're not in a rush to change it.

An eye is a perfect allegory for our government tbqh.

we do want it back

t. Alberta

Never

t. Quebec

THREE FUCKING LEAFS

Well if we were honest we'd change our flag too because we've systematically gutted it of all meaning. I don't see how Canada has a separate culture from us like say the Germans do.

still better than flying some colonial nonsense.

>What does it mean to be Canadian, and what race are you?

There are a number of Canadian nations in Canada. The Anglos of Upper Canada, the Québecois, Maritimers, etc.

If you ignore the modern, fake, "hurr everyone is a Canadian because the country is called Canada and they are citizens of it" meme, a Canadian is a White person belonging to a continuum culture that was created by British and French settlers in the colonial period.

THREE FUCKING FLEUR-DE-LIS

>treats itself as a separate country
>doesn't even want to separate every time a referendum rolls around

Is there a more pathetic province in this entire country?

Precisely and that's why the ensign should stay. It captures the relationship between the Anglos, Scots, Irish, French etc.

>rigs the referendum, then complains when we expect special treatment and tribute payments to stay in Canada

A lot of people dont care, but have a nice view of the queen and the UK. On the other hand, there are lefty cucks who probably hate her because "muh imperialism".

Most of us are British-French-Irish hybrids and pic related is a good idea of what it means.

Its iconic but silly and looks like it belongs to a hiker equipment company.

Every country or isolated group gets their own culture man.

>muh bussed in anglos

Nobody needs to do that when your province is already filled with Anglos and frogs who can't get enough being Canadian.

You get special treatment from being special, not by being a punch of complainy fucks.

>expecting special treatment at all
>gets special treatment and is still >unhappy

stfu you filthy kraut! j

>I'd say more often than not we're fine with having her as head of state, since she doesn't have much of an effect on our daily lives. At the very least, we're not in a rush to change it.

I like the idea of the Head of State being an ineffectual old German lady across the sea in a castle who doesn't really even have to power to do anything. There is no reason to change it.

How is that for small government? Libertarians should be all for it.

I used to be for a Canadian Republic but the Neo-Marxist, Post-Modernist, SJW, multicult, diversity shit that is intentionally designed to destroy Western Civilisation changed my mind. The Leaf was adopted as Canada started to slide into moral and cultural decline. It is a symbol of degeneration.

man up and get some nationalism then.
The Americans managed to become Muricans, too.

>Never
>t. Quebec

Québec was a part of the British Empire for hundreds of years. Stop pretending that France gave a fuck about you. Québec has had it great as part of the British Empire.

>Citizenship Court judges from across Canada were sent into the province to ensure as many qualified immigrants living in Quebec as possible had Canadian citizenship before the referendum, and thus were able to vote. The goal was to have 10,000 to 20,000 outstanding citizenship applications processed for residents of Quebec by mid-October.[132] 43,855 new Quebecers obtained their Canadian citizenship during 1995, with about one quarter of these (11,429) were granted their citizenship during the month of October.[133] When confronted about the issue by a Bloc Québécois MP who suggested shortcuts were being taken to hurry citizenship applications for immigrants who would most likely vote "No", Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Sergio Marchi responded that this was common before provincial election campaigns in other provinces.[134]

If the US was part of Mexico and ruled by the Mexican government, would you want special treatment or would you cuck up to the Mexican government?

Hell no, this old flag is disgusting

I do. Really badly.
This leaf is so embarrassing, its like a big cuck emblem to show how gay we are.

>Every country or isolated group gets their own culture man.
Distinct enough to cut ties with Britain and France? Do you want to be Murica lite?

Do you normally copy and paste from wikipedia in place of actual arguments?

Explain to me why after the Plains of Abraham you deserve any claim on your own French territory? How do you justify such a retarded idea?

Most people are indifferent or like it, but there's a fair few lefties that cry "muh oppression" to anything that vaguely resembles heritage.
Every major party is pro-monarchy and people are generally positive about it so we aren't getting rid of it any time soon.

Where they suppressed French at every opportunity and only gave us the rights they didn't think they could get away with withholding. If it wasn't for the Catholic church, we wouldn't have survived as a people

>man up and get some nationalism then.
>The Americans managed to become Muricans, too.

The problem is that the government, schools and media have been pushing degenerate, anti-Canadian shit since the late 50s.

I copy-paste because you post inanities like your previous post

Don't really care since this is the flag people hang on their home here

>Hell no, this old flag is disgusting

t. Paki

>he prefers a fucking maple leaf on his flag

No. Canada needs to detach its identity from a British colony forever.

>Where they suppressed French at every opportunity and only gave us the rights they didn't think they could get away with withholding.

If Britain wanted French culture dead in Québec, your province would be an English one.

You overestimate the power of Britain

>Where they suppressed French at every opportunity and only gave us the rights they didn't think they could get away with withholding

Just like those insane language laws you have in Quebec that regularly fuck over Anglophones at every opportunity? There is nothing more weasley than French-Canadian government organizations forcing Italian restaurants to get rid of Italian names for dishes and switch them to French.

I bet.

It's almost like it's a regular occurrence for provinces to fly their provincial flags.

If you really think modern western democracies like Canada are as bad as 1800's Mexico then we have no common ground to talk things over with.

I won't waste my time with true believers.

There's nothing really wrong with it from a design perspective, but the issue is it's essentially just a meaningless banner made up by leftists a few decades ago to avoid pissing off the french and be more "inclusive".
The red ensign is the flag Canadians fought under in the trenches, it represents our nation and heritage, not some fucking leaf.

Its not about being attached to the brits you faggot. Read this NZ poem:

"Our flag bears the stars that blaze at night,
In our southern sky of blue,
And that little old flag in the corner,
That's part of our heritage too.
It's for the English, the Scots and the Irish,
Who were sent to the ends of the earth,
The rogues and the schemers, the doers
and the dreamers,
Who gave New Zealand its birth.

And you who are shouting to change it,
You don't seem to understand,
It's the flag of our laws and our language,
Not the flag of a far away land.
There are lots of people who will tell you,
How when Europe was plunged into night,
That little old flag in the corner,
Was their symbol of freedom and light.

It doesn't mean we owe our allegiance,
To a forgotten imperial dream,
We've the stars to show where we're going,
And the old flag to show where we've been.
It's only an old piece of bunting,
It's only an old coloured rag,
But there are thousands who died for its honour,
And shed their blood for our flag."

Because its 2017?
Noice

>You overestimate the power of Britain

Look at Ireland. Irish Gaelic almost became extinct.

how about this?

England destroyed the vast majority of the Welsh identity. If it wanted to do the same to Quebec it could have.

YES!!!

Make us a colony if yo want just please help us

>No. Canada needs to detach its identity from a British colony forever.

British institutions made Canada prosperous. Why throw it away?

Yes

>WE WUZ DIFFERENT N SHIET

>protecting your own culture is horrible!
>but the Chinese-only signs they have in B.C. are fine!

The point is being ruled by a government that's composed of lots of another people.

Our resolve was stronger, plus Britain tried to get rid of French non-stop while they were still in charge and clearly failed.

that looks way better

>A fucking leaf on the pole AND an all seeing eye of the nannystate thought police on the flag

Wew lad

Fuck off french nigger

>The point is being ruled by a government that's composed of lots of another people

Yeah. "Another people". after what Quebec and the rest of Canada has been through together you're honestly delusional.

>forcing other cultures to use your language on their own private businesses regardless if they speak it or not
>"protecting" (((French Culture)))

had a good ol little chuckle bud

I have a red ensign and union jack over my gun / ammo / collection /hobby room.

I live in Atlantic canada, and i'd say 9/10 people are pro UK and Queen.

the 1/10 is either a french fuck, or indifferent.

gonna start posting ww2 / 1 shit now

Brits kept it French because a province full of second-rate citizens despised by the Anglo was useful for cheap labour

*Cough*
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Cross_flag#Germany

Go smoke your cheap cigs and get some cancer for me please.

>force us to accept muds and immigrants, which we would never do on our own initiative
>nobody in Quebec wants them here
>wow why are you mistreating them

Anglo "logic"

After 8 years of Obama you should know what being ruled by another people is like

>post-hoc rationalisation

The commonwealth is a relic of history, time to move on. Because it is 2017

Why is John Candy amongst the living?

>force us to accept muds and immigrants, which we would never do on our own initiative
>which we would never do on our own initiative
>we would never do

>t.chang
>t.abdul
>t.pierre

Just by saying that doesn't make it so.

>current year

This should be our flag (with 13 stars added)

Hudson's Bay Company?

Change the flag back,

and we need this as our national anthem.

youtube.com/watch?v=stHE8L0S42E

>copying someone who copied us
pathetic

They only accepted a couple hundreds in Quebec City and Montreal. Fact is immigrants don't have to go through Quebec to immigrate in the province.

No, I want kids to be able to draw our flag.

From this week:

torontosun.com/2017/03/01/majority-of-quebecers-oppose-more-immigration

>55 per of respondents think Canada shouldn’t accept more immigrants

Now if you substract the muds and Anglos, that's an overwhelming majority against immigration, like 75%+

No welsh representation? :(

okay Muhammad bin al-London

Do you think it should be the three red leafs, or green like it was in ww2?

That's the shittiest meme ever. The flags of Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Mexico, etc. are all impossible for a kid to draw, but they're instantly recognisable.

Change is hard for you limey's. What percent of this country can even trace it's roots back to the UK? Its over guys, Canada's all grown up now

>leaf
Wales isn't a real country.

Red.
America is only separate because they went to war with us for independence. Canada can throw its heritage away and dilute itself but that wont make it different, only formless.