Sam Harris - The Most Valuable and Relevant Intellectual of the Decade

Is he the most valuable and relevant intellectual of the decade?

youtube.com/watch?v=n-z_GAygD7c

I mean, his ideas and views are flawless. Sure, one might disagree with him on an issue or two, but they will fail to provide a sound reason for the disagreement. Sam Harris appears to be capable of dismantling any position to not only demonstrate that the parts are useless but that the core is constructed of groundless reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-yP7zPSQ86I
rhizzone.net/forum/topic/13771/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no hes a Jew who has a career because he's a Jew

He's just a zionist jew pushing his own racial interests. There is nothing special or even intellectual about it.

It's funny how the only criticism anyone can come up with is "jew". Interesting...

What other criticism do you need?

My point was it's not a criticism it's just childlike name-calling which clearly stems from lack of understanding what he's trying to say.

yes he is. i don't share his post-national idealism, but he is a sound, intellectually honest thinker with often an interesting take on events, free of any hackery. next topic.

People will call me a shill, but this is the honest truth.
Before I listened to Harris I was a trump supporter. Sam changed that by rationally outlining why Trump is an evil that we should not abide.

Gtfo Sam, no one buys your piss poor philosophical claptrap, that's mostly hack if not just straight stolen.

False. He's a zionist cultist who has never and probably will never sort himself out.

Nah, just a lowly Freemasonic shill...
This interview is cringe worthy, defending all the US worthless wars...

youtu.be/-yP7zPSQ86I

I know of a better Sam who is way more intelligent.

>Is he the most valuable and relevant intellectual of the decade?
Since when is masturbating on goyim children, who died for Israel, a value?

Worthless neocon kike

>another non-argument

Stop proving OP right, dammit.

He fucking went full shill hysteric when Trump got elected. Makes me sad.

Can you provide an example of what is "piss poor" or did you just want to "REEE" and shitpost

Gotta excuse people like

They have gained the leftist mentally and attack anything they perceive as offense to their safespace board.

Does a Friendly Jew exist?

Lel. As if Harris weren't a zionist. You've gotto be kidding me. His number one topic is islam, and he's constantly defending israel. These are probably his 2 favorite topics, along with informing the goyim that they're better off controlled by the ZOG because they don't have free will anyways. He's such a kike, it's crazy you even try to deflect or defend by claiming he isn't a zionist. Fucking laughable shit m8.

No. Islam is also fugged, so you might as well give that shit up too.

His "your" shity repackaging of original philosophical ideas as original, just to impress the Facebook zombies he "you" pander to. Now piss off cuck, that's all the free market research you get, Dick Tipless.

Filthy kike who disguises as an atheist in order to denigrate Christianity. He probably worships Yahweh/The Demiurge in secret.

He is a kike definitely. But that shit you just wrote is fucking unreadable. Very, very disrespectful.

Fuck off with that gnostic shit.

>"as original"
as his own, you mean?

Is she a Friendly Jew?

>his ideas and views are flawless
They're also stale and trite if this video is any indication. This just came out Feb 22nd of THIS year, he's regurgitating old opinions that by the months leading up to the Trump administration were already well circulated (albeit with slightly more modern examples). I'm sad I gave him a view.

Sam Harris in a nutshell

No.

Appliance. Do you even know where you are?

Nice memes everyone. Sweet claims. I'm liking the "he's doing x" with no followup.

Now can you please provide actual arguments for any of these claims?

>being right/having a viewpoint on things is stale
Philosophy is fucking boring overall, why pretend like you have a taste in philosophy the same way you do beer?

Wtf
Jew is not an argument?

No. She's a filthy ivy-league kike like all the rest, but richer than most.

He lost me with his logic for supporting Hillary. Literally the last idea of his I listened to.

he went with the impression that trump:
1) is lacking in character. impulsive, angry, bullying, self-obsessed.
2) that trump isn't intelligent enough for the job
3) isn't interested in facts and doesn't make an effort to try and learn anything about things he talks about in public
4) he isn't able to construct a single coherent sentence which contains a dependent clause, despite many attempts. he keeps stacking tangent upon tangent, with him trying to diss obama's iran-deal being the most notorious example. an entire paragraph in which only the first couple of words and part of the last sentence were on-topic.

his entire argument against trump followed logically from that impression. he said trump was just making it up as he went along and didn't really know what he was doing. add to that a proclivity to always wanting to get his way, impulsive decision-making and a bad temper, and you've got a problem on your hands.

nothing shill-y about harris. as long as this impression of trump holds, sam's arguments against him make complete sense.

Good video, but he still goes cuck too often by trying to create a false equivalency between the far left and the far right. He understands, correctly, that all religions are not the same, but he fails to acknowledge that all political ideologies aren't the same either. The far left is infinitely more destructive to society than the far right.

Harris is a lifelong leftist who seems to be waking up to the truths of the world, but he's not quite there yet.

>Is Sam Harris the most valuable and relevant intellectual of the decade?
I like Sam Harris but no. Jordan Peterson is more deserving of that.

his poorly disguised zionism makes him irrelevant to our interests.

He lost me when he said Hillary Clinton was perfectly qualified for prez.

He also arselicks Majid Nawaz & pulls the "Islam can be reformed" bullshit.

Also the autistic tantrum over Chomsky.

what's wrong with zionism

no. his favourite topics are morality and AI. about 10 years ago, religion. he wrote 1 piece why he doesn't criticise israel and it's very carefully argued. also, he has tried getting out of the islam debate because he thinks he's said all he has thought up multiple times.

There's Something About Mary was a great movie

oh boy I hate them all. Majid and that other guy who always going on about liberalizing islam. They all love to smell their own farts

we understand what he says
he's just jewing

breh, he summarized an hour long molymeme video into a 5 minute bit and called it his own

1) said she was flawed, but was qualified in terms of job experience. if you take qualified to be broader, he went into that as well. spent a signficant amount of time running down what he saw as her flaws, just to placate the trumptards among his audience. even referred to hitch's polemic against the clintons. so no, he didn't say she was perfectly qualified.
2) his position is that there are two options. the first is that islam can be reformed, in which case it must come from guys like naawaz, who want the literalism out of the religion. this opposed to people like tariq ramadan, who are called reformers, but are wolves in sheep's clothing. the second option is that islam can't be reformed, in which case we're fucked and the future will be full of war and pestilence, perhaps even nuclear war. so his position is, as long as we're not yet burning down the entire civilized world, let's hope the first option describes reality and at least try. even though it might be that it will come down to option 2.
3) just no. chomsky went full retard. they were corresponding about ethics and chomsky categorically refused to discuss any hypothetical. chomsky is a demented ideologue who doesn't give a shit about a serious discussion of ethics.

Anti Christ

Proof or gtfo

look at dem cheek bones.

>shills

Please. He wants to get into the islam debate because it helps push the zionist agenda. PLES FIGHT THESE EBIL MUDSLIMS, GOY, HALP US CREATE THE GREATER ISRAEL!

He's obsessed.

nonexistent?

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call this guy an "intellectual", don't you?

I don't fully comprehend how this man became famous. All of his ideas are either unoriginal or wrong, he's autistic as fuck and cannot speak in public, claims to be le tough independent thinker but cowers whenever he's up against anyone to his left.

And to top it off he has a huge inflated ego despite having accomplished nothing of note.

15-year-olds eat it up because lmao christians btfo

this desu. Fedora and menora tippers all of them.

meme degree in meme "theoretical" science
has published ZERO academic papers to prove his expertise
his commentary on any other subject has a much weight as from your local plumber

His ramblings are autistic and go on for hours. Obsessed with proving himself right.

Constantly self promoting.

Enormous ego and self-belief well into narcissistic personality disorder.

Just like Dawkins, holding some expertise and being able to argue successfully on one subject does not automatically make you an expert on everything.

A classic example of his need for self promotion is his frequent appearances with that imbecile Joe Rogan. Harris is willing to waste his admitted intelligence on a cretin purely to reach a large audience.

Sam is great and better than you, much better.

he's not even an intellectual

give me sone examples of his narcissistic personality disorder

bump

Sam Harris becoming relevant again is as weird to me as Tucker Carlson becoming relevant again.

kinda hope this ho gets run over.

Only Rural and Suburban retards actually supported Trump.

City people were just voting down Hillary

He's a big fat phony. Ashamed to say I used to look up to him.

THIS!

>Is he the most valuable and relevant intellectual of the decade?
no he's laughed at in academic circles. he's good if youre a simpleton

He supported Hillary over Trump
He supported Hillary over Trump
Let me say it again
>He supported Hillary over Trump
I dont follow this whole skeptic community, morality/free will/religion fuck off back to your pat the person in front of you on the back circlejerk but
FUCK him hes a fucking disconnected idiot.
Into
The
Fucking trash he goes

You see, these people have no argument of any sort for what they claim. look at this for example. Also, check'ed.

You do realize he is a jizsuit.

rhizzone.net/forum/topic/13771/

He began attacking Islam after 9/11 you dumb mother fucker

Idiots like you shouldn't attempt to judge whether people are intellectuals

chomsky made him his bitch.... but no need to dive into that deep of an analysis.. hes a jew that attacks islam... and never addresses his bias ... i call bull shit..

You actually have no idea what you are talking about. Remove yourself from the gene pool

No.

Sam Harris is good, but he's over-hyped by teenage pseudo-intellectuals who found some of his videos on Youtube.

I hate Chomsky, and Chomsky pretty much put him in his place and embarrassed him to the point where Harris had to admit it. Hitchens thought Chomsky was a hack later in his years of life. Hitchens was the only true intellectual realist of our time because his own life experiences taught him how to reevaluate his opinion on older and naive beliefs.

Butthurt faggot plz can u xplain to me why he would support Hillary over Trump??

Im a lobatmized retard plz enlightened me plz

Ladies and gentlemen, the authority has spoken

/end thread

hitchens def > haris .. and i have alot of respect for hitchens and dennett... chomsky i think was compromised... the way sanders has been .. i bet the state got to him. Imperial ambitions is a work of art.

I've listened to a lot of Christian vs Atheist debates, and far from Sam Harris being the best, he wasn't even in the top half of atheists I saw. He dodged a lot of questions and didn't even attempt to deal with the huge apparent holes in his ideas, preferring to just insist it was of course correct.

Maybe you just want to believe he's great for other reasons, and overlook his flaws.

Even if trump was the better candidate, it doesn't mean Sam is stupid or not worth listening to, nor does it mean that if you supported trump, that makes you smarter than him. No one is right about everything. If you think you are, you're actually a fucking idiot.

Lies. There's no such thing as a former Trump supporter.

All the rest of you:

>thinking there's such a thing as an intellectual in the 21st century

omg dudes...

Can't be fucked finding links but if you've ever listened to his stuff he goes on and on literally for hours defending himself against criticism and is driven to win every fucking argument.

Using Nawaz as a house nigger - "see, I'm not islamophobic I have brown friends" is another example.

Tbh he isn't a bad entree or a lite red-pill but you quickly move past him.

A 2 hour long argument over what is "truth" is simply not normal but what can you expect when it's autistic vs autistic.

He gets so butt-hurt over mean internet comments.

Contrast to another egotist, Gad Saad who will just agree to disagree and move on. He'll get into the spirit of banter when someone gives him some stick, but no multi-hour ranting.

>Sam "everything I say is right independent of its objectivity or soundness" Harris

>my moral standard is objectively good
Why?
>because
k. Sam is a tard.

Love this guy. He is just really fucking smart. His video on the illusion of the self was great.

But Harris does think he is always right about everything. Again, who has a 2 hour argument about the definition of "truth" and posts it for all his fans?

No woman can match his ability to nag about the same thing to prove their point and get the last word in.

>Hitchens was the only true intellectual realist of our time because his own life experiences taught him how to reevaluate his opinion on older and naive beliefs.
Hitchens could not get beyond himself nor could he give anyone an honest answer about anything because his central source of income was through professional opinion giving. He chained himself to a party line and wasted his mind.

His arguments don't make any sense because his impression of Trump is so childish. If he had any intellect he would understand this. Real reason is that he is a coward and doesn't want to be branded as a Trump supporter and alt-rightist. He has been backtracking his Islam critique with his books about Islam and he wants to be part of the "good guys" instead of evil racists. So in Harris you have a dishonest thinker who wants to impress certain kind of people. You should not waste your time with him.

>Dude fuck off back to
>reddit.mx
>just because sam harris thinks the earth is flat doesnt mean sam is stupid, no one is right about everything

Ehh, I'll concede that he thrived on being a polemicist, but he acted more as a contrarian than a party sympathizer. He practically went from being a leftist Trotskyist to a right-wing neo-con. He was consistent, though. His contempt for religion and endearment for the West shaped his opinions about Iraq and American exceptionalism. As I said, his life experiences further hardened opinions he already had about religion and the superiority of the West.

You're wrong goy. Let me spend 2 hours telling you why.

He's an idiot

that ain't Sam Harris, that's Ben Stillerburgenstein