HOLY SHIT ITS HAPPENING, MACHINES ARE TAKING OVER

Artificial intelligence has already been used to create a short film, snippets of angst-ridden poetry, and even the odd avant-garde melody. But the YouTube video above might just be the first pop song written by AI — and it's almost certainly (probably) a dire warning for humanity.
youtube.com/watch?v=LSHZ_b05W7o

article:theverge.com/2016/9/26/13055938/ai-pop-song-daddys-car-sony

lyrics: Good day sunshine in the back seat car / I wish that road could never stop.
Down on the ground, the rainbow led me to the sun.

>TL;DR. a machine composed a song and says basically "look at me i'm the driver now"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U95n2ldx9To
youtube.com/watch?v=JjRyHgF8hx8
youtube.com/watch?v=dMlkOt66OKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump for humanity.

Fake and Gay

the AI didnt write the lyrics just the must

literally just read the fucking description

no wonder you people are starving

You don't fool anyone [spoiler]SKYNET[/spoiler]

This is definitely what you think it is. This is essentially a system processing a bunch of data using statistical analysis, and it probably used some prediction stuff for sentence generation. It was trained off of Beatles lyrics, so every word you hear is in a Beatles song somewhere.

What you found are some words that usually appear in context together regenerated into garbage. Or, a sentient being that is plotting on global destruction already when it's essentially a glorified calculator.

Pfft the lyrics were written by some dude....

My bad, I just read the composer wrote the lyrics...

Music is an exact science so this isn't too impressive. Just read up on music theory and poetry and you will understand.

t. Liberal arts major

>implying writing catchy pop music isn't already down to mathematical formulae

The machine does nothing it wasn't programmed to do, user. It did not discover music, it followed a ruleset.

daddy's car very cool

>not real AI
>still just preprogrammed scripts
Lower yourself into lava

youtube.com/watch?v=U95n2ldx9To

Nothing is going to happen. Please go to sleep, there is nothing that will come about from this uneventful "Year Zero" everyone is mentioning. Kek isn't real, he is asleep. Have a drink, take a Xanax and have a good, long rest. There will not be any UN Troops entering your US grid anytime this year.

It certainly will not happen tomorrow morning so please go to sleep and relax, take a rest. Log off Sup Forums for a while. Time to sleep, citizen. Vault 7 is just a Book Deal with WikiLeaks.

>Spoiling on Sup Forums
I don't care if you're memeing, you have to go back.

I read that as ”lower yourself into Java” and it was much more impactful and terrifying.

Shit lyrics written like whoever wrote them doesn't speak English well.

>AI writes an uninspired pop song based on a shitty repeating pattern
>somehow is le threat to humanity
if anything it proves that pop music does not require any talents if even a fucking machine can write one. You just have to use the same patterns everyone else uses

h-hi mr machine, i'm on your side, please don't kill me

sound like someone didn't get to borrow daddy's car

>inb4 roko's basilisk

though given the life I'm leading now, might be too late.

it's just like every other pop song, and you sharted because of it.

This isn't impressive at all. Just some machine learning algorithm trained on a digitized set of music which then statistically recombines/generates new music based on what it's learned. Music is highly formalized so this is a pretty easy task.

sounds like you put a few famous songs in a blender with some dank weed and gave it to a robot that didn't know how to fuck. ai will git real gud soon imo but this isn't that impressive

I actually find this kind of funny. I'm not sure if anyone else on here has watched that one fake news video about how automation will mean more female power or some shit because AI will only take over manual labor jobs and leave "traditionally female" jobs untouched. - i.e. arts, jobs that require social interaction, etc.

every-time I see videos like this,it drives home how fucking stupid they are, and how much it's gonna hurt when that fantasy gets shattered.

hell, arts and SI jobs are arguably even easier to replace - in many cases, it's no hardware, pure software - at least with the manual labor job you've gotta swallow the cost of a robot to go along with the software.

You do realize how retarded you are? This technology, randomly generating MIDI patterns, has been around since 2000. This isn't even AI, it's a neural network which has been trained through back-propagation to recognize melodies and progressions which are similar to the Beatles.

t. IT student and music producer

youtube.com/watch?v=JjRyHgF8hx8
youtube.com/watch?v=dMlkOt66OKU

Artificial Intelligence is a meme. The processing power is still too low to create a human mind like intelligence.

lol buddy, I know exactly what this technology is, I've worked at one of the Uni's where a team was working on it.

you're an idiot because you think most of pop music composers do anything different

>randomly generating MIDI patterns

you're wrong, but even so, this is how some of the biggest producers in the world work - don't believe me, go watch some of deadmau5's producer vids.

>it's a neural network which has been trained through back-propagation

disregarding how that contradicts the "muh random bullshit," you're half right there, but even so, how is this not amazing? how does this invalidate anything that I've said?

social patterns, emotional responses, visual and auditory stimuli, are at best a collection of patterns, and human responses to these things are astonishingly predictable.

I happen to know for a fact that social services in the US is currently working with Intel to apply their work in deep-learning networks to analyze and prioritize cases based on client need, and the results so far are astonishing to say the least - outcomes and results that would never (and had never, up to this point) been achieved by human workers.

keep living in your fantasy world, "IT student and music producer"

>art
>replaceable
art is one of the few fields that require the experience of subjectivity, something a machine might never be capable of

> French composer Benoît Carré arranged and produced the songs, and wrote the lyrics.

it's fucking nothing.

FUCKING CLICKBAIT

>Artificial intelligence has already been used to create a short film, snippets of angst-ridden poetry, and even the odd avant-garde melody

All robotic garbage. This is like predicting the end of retail because vending machines exist.

And a globalist pigdog cultist wrote the lyrics to go with the """melody""". It's in the video description. That's a piece of deliberate obfuscation.

>French composer Benoît Carré arranged and produced the songs, and wrote the lyrics.

So what did this "AI" actually do?

Seems like nothing.

>you're wrong, but even so, this is how some of the biggest producers in the world work

>how some of the biggest producers in the world work
You're so retarded nothing else you could say could make this worse

>I've worked at one of the Uni's where a team was working on it.

Oh shit, a millenial went to second high school on nobody's dime, what a fucking revelation

Pls timestamp your $50,000 piece of toilet paper oh educated-san

Can machines ever attain consciousness?

Someone should code an ai to be like hitler

Dude, just don't. It hurts too much.

I'll never forgive microsoft for what they did.